Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Yamaha YBR 125 - Problems / Solutions Thread

AoA Members,
    This thread is dedicated for YAMAHA YBR 125 Problems only and if anybody had resolved their issues they can share solution with other members on thread also all complaints people are facing can be share with members and I will keep updating them in this thread so it can be easy for all members to know the solution of their problems.

Problems:

Missing Issue:
    Description of this issue is bike will start missing at higher RPM and can start in any gear if you throttle it above 8-8.5 RPM it can vary user to user.

Bike Jerk Issue:
    Normally it does not happen but sometime if you are going at high speed and try to change gear upward or backward for a Nano second you bike will seems like stop and start or you can say it will jerk (Jhatka Marye gi Bike)

Solutions:

Missing Issue:
    For all members those are in breaking period it is suggested that till 1000 KM ride your bike as per manual instruction after first tuning ride it with full throttle and check if missing issue was resolved after first tuning, this is not manufacturing fault but fuel and air intake adjustment is required which can be done by experienced mechanic but again don?t change any settings and keep yourself calm in break-in period.

Bike Jerk Issue:
    This issue can be clubbed with Missing factor right now this issue is not very common but I think it will be resolved once fuel intake and air intake is adjust which resolve missing factor.

@admins please make this thread sticky for help of every member.
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice thread

i don't own ybr but i want to add something about missing issue what you have told about missing
    when the bike is in higher rpm or driven fast

similiar kinda issues were found in some chonda's and what local mechanic used to do was
    they used tape on rubber air filter hole which is under seat from where bike takes air they
    used tape to reduce size of hole and really worked and bikes missing issue was resolved
    now ybr has different filter definitely and what is air taking mechanism i am not aware

and other possible reasons could be low quality cdi and ignition coil as well

Plug can cause missing too but i guess quite few are using irridium plug and i guess
    you yourself also using irridium but still missing issue is there

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    nice thread

i don't own ybr but i want to add something about missing issue what you have told about missing
    when the bike is in higher rpm or driven fast

similiar kinda issues were found in some chonda's and what local mechanic used to do was
    they used tape on rubber air filter hole which is under seat from where bike takes air they
    used tape to reduce size of hole and really worked and bikes missing issue was resolved
    now ybr has different filter definitely and what is air taking mechanism i am not aware

and other possible reasons could be low quality cdi and ignition coil as well

Plug can cause missing too but i guess quite few are using irridium plug and i guess
    you yourself also using irridium but still missing issue is there
    you are right this missing issue just air and fuel intake adjustment if you remove air intake pipe missing will be gone but that will surely going cease engine so this proves that its all game of settings and i think it is going to be resolved very soon coz its all about expert adjustment setting and that value once found party will be on i am not using iridium plug but thing about it still this missing issue has nothing to with Iridium plug this is what i believe in.

today after adjustment from mechanic i was achieving 10k RPM and bike was smooth so i hope its getting better still observing though
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

md
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

From which mechanic u did adjustment?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by md View Post
    From which mechanic u did adjustment?
    Visit afzal traders lahore

md
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Visited them twice they just it will get ok by 2-3Ks. i have done 1.6 K but problem still. Any suggestion whom should i meet there for solution?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalamualaikum i may not be very experience in bike and specially regarding yamaha, but the issue you are talking abt, is it possible that its not a missing issue, may be its a limiter! Which we have in our cars?

8. 16-08-2015, 05:13 PM

Senior PakWheeler

9. 16-08-2015, 05:16 PM

Senior PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is limiter? Can you tell what it do in cars?
    Its speed limiter,
    In a Wikipedia language it can be describe as this,
    A speed*limiter*is a governor used to limit the top speed of a*vehicle. For some classes of*vehicle*and in some jurisdictions they are a statutory requirement, for some other*vehiclesthe manufacturer provides a non-statutory system which may be fixed or programmable by the driver.

We use to modify it as well to get the best out of our cars, what i have been reading in this forum abt this missing issue, it might be the limiter not the missing problem. I dont knw much abt the bikes but we use to work on our ECU in the cars will try to find more regarding YBR, if that is the case then trust me this bike can generate lot more power and speed then it has been doing rightnow,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And this is what limiter is used for

Limiters are used as a means of increasing the fuel efficiency of commercial motor vehicles. Limiters can be individually adjusted by fleet owners to meet the performance requirements of many different driving conditions. A limiter used for this purpose, however, especially if it is mechanical in nature, is more commonly categorized as agovernor. Electronic adjustments require special diagnostic equipment to access control settings, and are limited to authorized personnel, such as a fleet manager or mechanic.

Due to their electrical nature, however, it is still possible to drive an engine beyond the maximum RPM level set by the limiter. This most commonly occurs in the case of selecting the incorrect gear with a manual transmission - for example, selecting second gear instead of fourth after shifting out of third. The speed of the vehicle and the drive wheels may drive the engine far beyond its intended range in this situation, likely resulting in rapid engine wear, and in extreme cases possible outright engine failure.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Limiters prevent damage to an engine by interrupting the power that is distributed to the spark plugs; this prevents the engine from operating above a pre-determined RPM level known as the*redline. The RPM level that results with the spark being arrested can be a constant level, or, with the proper ignition control modules, variable. Variable rate ignition modules can be adjusted quickly and easily to achieve the appropriate RPM limit for different situations, such as street racing, drag racing, road course racing and highway driving.

Multiple stage ignition modules offer greater RPM limit control. The first stage can be used to limit RPM levels when launching a vehicle from a stationary position, providing maximum power and traction. The second stage is activated after launch to set a higher RPM limit for wide-open-throttle acceleration.

Engines with*hydraulic tappets*(such as theBuick/Rover V8) often have in effect a rev. limiter by virtue of their design. The tappet clearances are maintained by the flow of the engine's lubricating oil. At high engine speeds, the oil pressure rises to such an extent that the tappets 'pump up', closing the valve clearance and preventing the valves fully closing. This sharply reduces engine power, causing speed to drop.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is the theory, now i will try to get its solution soon :-) as I'm waiting for my YBR to arrive soon in'shaa'Allah after bakra eid finally :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

was surfing pakwheel on mobile don't know why on clicking edit option deleted my post

Walikum Salam

Bro what you have defined about limiter above after reading that i don't think
    there can be such thing in ybr125 Bike do missing even when it has not gone beyond
    normal level of rpm so rpm is normal yet it do missing and so it case of fuel mixture
    setting in carb or like usage of poor quality cdi, ignition coil etc

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

was surfing pakwheel on mobile don't know why on clicking edit option deleted my post

Walikum Salam

Bro what you have defined about limiter above after reading that i don't think
    there can be such thing in ybr125 Bike do missing even when it has not gone beyond
    normal level of rpm so rpm is normal yet it do missing and so it case of fuel mixture
    setting in carb or like usage of poor quality cdi, ignition coil etc

m also not expert but forums have given a little bit of knowledge and I agree with Amjad bhai... Limiter could be the cause but i don't think that u'll find any thing like ECU in YBR which can be adjusted by rebooting :-D

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

showed my ybrG to a "tarzan" mechanic. 1st he checked my bike then removed airfilter by toring it apart without even asking me. don't know what was going through his mind. now I am running the bike with no filter and missing issue is still there. bike still doesn't go beyond 100 and if 2 ppl r sitting then 90 is a miracle. I can feel my engine struggling so decided to put filter back on. cant find a good Yamaha mechanic anywhere specially in small cities. everyone is ustaad these days.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Ybr 125g is now driven 400 km should I go for first oil change. and which oil should I use.
    1.yamalube
    2.liquimoly
    also tell me the viscosity

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys,
    I have purchased YBR-125 around two months ago.

1 - Mileage is maximum 35 KM per litter :-(
    2 - The ybr touch maximum 90-95 odo-meter :-(

Any suggestion to get maximum mileage and speed ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have removed the air duct of air filter that is under the seat it has changed to voice of the bike and improved the pickup is it bad or not can some one plz guide me so that i put the duct back

Sent from my LG-D856 using PW Forums mobile app

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Yamaha ybr 125 missing problem

janab 3 times tunning karwa chuka hu, ek missing problem khatam nahin hua 2nd bike speed 90 se upar nahi jati, 40km/liter average rahi hay, 20.01.16 buy date hay, last tunning mein ustad e mohtram ne koi purza like jet nami claim me se liya aur pta nahin fit kiya ya nahi but carpurator k sath kuch kiya, ab missing nahi karti but speed 90 se up nahi jati jitna zor lga lo 4th gear mein nahin uthti or average bhi 30 to 35km/liter ho gayi hay, ab sochta hu is se acha honda 125 le leta, ustad e mohtram se bhi is ka hal nahi nakala jata, mobiloil Havolene, petrol octane but fayda kuch nahi

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default solution of missing

Kamran autos
    Multan road ,bastami road, behind pso
    Meri bke b phla bht missing karti thi ,mena kamran bhai se tunning karwai thi and my missing problem is solved now and top speed is 115 easily
    Totally satisfied from kamran bhai

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers