Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By abdulrehmanrauf
  • 1 Post By margallar

Thread: How to set ybr carburetor idel fuel setting.

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    frkadeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    26
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default How to set ybr carburetor idel fuel setting.

    Aoa, dostoo koi koi mujhe ye guide karsakta hai k main apne ybr k carburetor k fuel setting kase karsakta hun ? Keun k meri bike 50 tp 55 km ki avg darahi thehobc fuel py sirf bake fire ka masla tha to macanic k pass geya us ne setting chair di tak c is ki avg 40 to 45 km ho gahi hai yamaha k office b geya tha unho ne b setting kara k di but avg or b kam ho gahi..... Yaar ab main kia karun??? Is k carb k nechay ek screw hai fuel mixing ka mujhe bs itna bata do k agar main is ko clock wis ghumahun to fuel zaida hoga ya kam? Or anti clock wis ghumane c kia hoga?
    Founder Of MBC(Multan Bikers Club)

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,957
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    clockwise, reduces fuel in the mix, anticlockwise increases. adjust it where the bike idles fastest, then lower idle. go on a ride, if you feel any deficiency, adjust more.

    this will take you an hour to do it well. i guess all you need is a flat head screwdriver, never worked on a ybr tho
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    Mohidasghar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Mery bikt tu 2 chorri mn 35 ka average de rhi ha.

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    frkadeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    26
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    anyone else ???????? #vickytulla #onefifty #camry47
    Founder Of MBC(Multan Bikers Club)

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    is this issue present in ybr from day 1 or it happens after damn mechanics touch it

    don't know why idiot mechanics play with air mixture screw and change its settings without any
    reason my honda cg dream while tuning mechanic changed its setting and opened it way open
    i listening backfiring sound from silencer i was worried but when i saw the mixture screw i
    understood its because of that went again to him for tuning now he has tried to restore screw
    to factory setting and bike is performing well no backfiring and bike was heating on previous
    settings as he had sat the mixture too lean and bike had lost its actual power

    Air Mixture Screw

    turned clock wise results in = Rich Mixture
    turned anti clock wise makes = Lean

    the best settings are where you get the best idle out of mixture screw

    neither too rich or too lean

    turning clock wise closes air hole thus making rich mixture outward anti clockwise
    allows air thus making lean mixture




  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    frkadeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    26
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    is this issue present in ybr from day 1 or it happens after damn mechanics touch it

    don't know why idiot mechanics play with air mixture screw and change its settings without any
    reason my honda cg dream while tuning mechanic changed its setting and opened it way open
    i listening backfiring sound from silencer i was worried but when i saw the mixture screw i
    understood its because of that went again to him for tuning now he has tried to restore screw
    to factory setting and bike is performing well no backfiring and bike was heating on previous
    settings as he had sat the mixture too lean and bike had lost its actual power

    Air Mixture Screw

    turned clock wise results in = Rich Mixture
    turned anti clock wise makes = Lean

    the best settings are where you get the best idle out of mixture screw

    neither too rich or too lean

    turning clock wise closes air hole thus making rich mixture outward anti clockwise
    allows air thus making lean mixture



    #amjad635 bhi kia ybr main b mixture screw isi rule pir kaam karta hai ???
    Founder Of MBC(Multan Bikers Club)

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    maine nahein dekha ybr ka screw par aisi h kaam karta hoga
    clock wise rotation screw ko band ya tight karti hai so ybr
    ka mixture screw agar tight karoge toh zyaada rich


    ab last mera pass jo bike thi uske settings jaise maine li note karli thi
    mere pass cd70 thi uske mixture screw ki position thi 1.40 turn outward
    or anti clockwsie from fully close mixture screw

    one turn is complete 360 degree turn


  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    770
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I would like to make little correction.

    As margallar bro said above...clockwise, reduces fuel in the mix, anticlockwise increases.

    It is similar to GS/Sprinter that is a butterfly carb so the mixture screw the other way than of CG aur CD carbs.

    Technically if any carb has mixture screw at the end where its is connected to pipe which is connected to head then clockwise turns of screw reduces the fuel. CD or CG carbs have mixture screw at the end which is connected to air filter box so it works the opposite way.

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    maine nahein dekha ybr ka screw par aisi h kaam karta hoga
    clock wise rotation screw ko band ya tight karti hai so ybr
    ka mixture screw agar tight karoge toh zyaada rich


    ab last mera pass jo bike thi uske settings jaise maine li note karli thi
    mere pass cd70 thi uske mixture screw ki position thi 1.40 turn outward
    or anti clockwsie from fully close mixture screw

    one turn is complete 360 degree turn

    Quote Originally Posted by frkadeel View Post
    #amjad635 bhi kia ybr main b mixture screw isi rule pir kaam karta hai ???
    Bara CG-125 bana phirta hai jou Sprinter say derta hai ....

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    I would like to make little correction.

    As margallar bro said above...clockwise, reduces fuel in the mix, anticlockwise increases.

    It is similar to GS/Sprinter that is a butterfly carb so the mixture screw the other way than of CG aur CD carbs.

    Technically if any carb has mixture screw at the end where its is connected to pipe which is connected to head then clockwise turns of screw reduces the fuel. CD or CG carbs have mixture screw at the end which is connected to air filter box so it works the opposite way.
    brother that could very well be possible unfortunately i am not much aware of mechanism of suzuki & yamaha motorcycles

    but what we 100% know is function of air mixture screw it allows or block air and sets air mixture ratio
    regarding mechanism of screw turning yeah may be they are different & opposite in different kinda carbs
    you have raised very good point

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,957
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    is this issue present in ybr from day 1 or it happens after damn mechanics touch it

    don't know why idiot mechanics play with air mixture screw and change its settings without any
    reason my honda cg dream while tuning mechanic changed its setting and opened it way open
    i listening backfiring sound from silencer i was worried but when i saw the mixture screw i
    understood its because of that went again to him for tuning now he has tried to restore screw
    to factory setting and bike is performing well no backfiring and bike was heating on previous
    settings as he had sat the mixture too lean and bike had lost its actual power

    Air Mixture Screw

    turned clock wise results in = Rich Mixture
    turned anti clock wise makes = Lean

    the best settings are where you get the best idle out of mixture screw

    neither too rich or too lean

    turning clock wise closes air hole thus making rich mixture outward anti clockwise
    allows air thus making lean mixture



    Both backfires and overheating are a symptom of running too lean...
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    amjad635's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    5,713
    Follows
    13
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    yes bro those two are symptoms and they should not be taken lightly i just hate mechanics
    why do they disturb these settings i have picture proof of what he did i used to adjust cd70 or pridor
    mixture myself but in cg carb mixture screw is underneath carb a bit difficult to access

    and i bought bike used so did not think of noting its mixture screw settings else when i bought my last
    bike cd70 i had noted its mixture settings

    Picture when ruined settings you can see mixture screw is too much out
    means it was too lean that is why faced backfiring & heating issue
    How to set ybr carburetor idel fuel setting -1602884

    picture after recent setting still needs little bit adjustment slight clock wise turn
    but i am running it as its running fine

    How to set ybr carburetor idel fuel setting -1602887

    and this is picture of untouch mixture screw

    How to set ybr carburetor idel fuel setting -1602888

    Really hate mechanics why do they change settings mechanic i went is honda warranty mechanic
    we go to tune our bikes to maintain it and keep it performing best but mechanics most of time
    do reverse they ruin bike you see a little mistake has such an bad impact on bike performance
    we hear this complain alot of backfiring & heating in cg & many might be just facing because of
    nonsense of mechanic not only you listen backfire sound from silencer & extra heatup of engine
    but loss in bike performance acceleration is affected as well

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    frkadeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    26
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    any one now exect about ybr ??
    Founder Of MBC(Multan Bikers Club)

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,957
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    yes bro those two are symptoms and they should not be taken lightly i just hate mechanics
    why do they disturb these settings i have picture proof of what he did i used to adjust cd70 or pridor
    mixture myself but in cg carb mixture screw is underneath carb a bit difficult to access

    and i bought bike used so did not think of noting its mixture screw settings else when i bought my last
    bike cd70 i had noted its mixture settings

    Picture when ruined settings you can see mixture screw is too much out
    means it was too lean that is why faced backfiring & heating issue
    How to set ybr carburetor idel fuel setting -1602884

    picture after recent setting still needs little bit adjustment slight clock wise turn
    but i am running it as its running fine

    How to set ybr carburetor idel fuel setting -1602887

    and this is picture of untouch mixture screw

    How to set ybr carburetor idel fuel setting -1602888

    Really hate mechanics why do they change settings mechanic i went is honda warranty mechanic
    we go to tune our bikes to maintain it and keep it performing best but mechanics most of time
    do reverse they ruin bike you see a little mistake has such an bad impact on bike performance
    we hear this complain alot of backfiring & heating in cg & many might be just facing because of
    nonsense of mechanic not only you listen backfire sound from silencer & extra heatup of engine
    but loss in bike performance acceleration is affected as well
    grab a screwdriver, adjust it, go for a full throttle run...readjust...repeat..until it feels perfect....if you are scared, mark the initial position with paint or something

    stop going to mechanics for everything
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hamikhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,259
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    YBR carb is exact like suzuki bikes carb what is your location in multan i also lives in this city i can better guide you in this matter
    Quote Originally Posted by frkadeel View Post
    any one now exect about ybr ??

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    frkadeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    26
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamikhan View Post
    YBR carb is exact like suzuki bikes carb what is your location in multan i also lives in this city i can better guide you in this matter
    @hamikhan im from new multan .....where u from ?
    Founder Of MBC(Multan Bikers Club)

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •