Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: ha125's experience with YBR125 ( 5000km's )

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ha125's experience with YBR125 ( 5000km's )

Salaam everyone !

Most of the members here know me as a die hard CG125 fan because I owned 3 CG's ( 1994, 2010 stolen, 2011 ) and always ready to defend whoever came up with something that CG sucks etc . But, ever since AHL launched its so called " Power Machine " Euro2 CG125, its quality went from bad to worst and I left hopes that AHL will even try to improve in the upcoming future...

After 6 Years with HONDA CG125. I felt the need for a change and at that time there was no other bike worth giving a try....
    1) Piaggio had resale issues
    2) GD110 was too much for a small sized bike
    3) GS150 was better but I never admired its shape and finishing.

Then came YAMAHA with their newly launched YBR125. I loved it's BLUE color and with the grace of Allah almighty I became the owner of one

Name:  1447097713693.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  63.5 KB

First impressions:-

- Riding position seemed awkward as I was used to with CG's straight seat and tank
    - Gears were so hard, it was difficult to bring it back to neutral
    - Bike and Road grip was smooth
    - Brakes were OUTSTANDING
    - Annoying engine noise but silent exhaust

That bike in Blue really was an attention seeker, I remember giving interviews to 4-5 fellow bikers on my way back home from showroom... Everyone praised it with " MashaAllah " and " Allah naseeb kary " like words and it continued for almost a month

Running period :-

Well in the running period I strictly kept my RPM's under 6,000 and oil changed at 500 and then again at first tuning.... Before first tuning, I tried to take it to its highest potential ( safe environment ) and it was DISAPPOINTING as well as SURPRISING...

-Disappointing? Well it didn't go beyond 90kmph and it was really really disappointing. Considering a bike with such looks and better engine than the former it was a big THUMBS DOWN for YBR

-Surprising? It was vibrationless and smooth even at its max... And I had a little bit of confidence on its brakes and grip which I never had in CG125 above 80kmph

Fuel consumption :-
    In the running period where I kept the speed below 60 at all times, I managed to get 51kmpL. Yes, 51! It is the first and the last time though after the first tuning, the best I've got is 45kmpL and it all depends on your riding style

Name:  1447098817500.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  132.0 KB

Top speed:-

After the first tuning and about 1500+ km's later, I tried to go parallel with my own CG ( driven by cuzn ). No one can deny the fact that CG in its initial gears is the best local bike... It went ahead easily in first 3 gears but later YBR took his time and was catching CG slowly. By the time I was almost parallel to it my speed on ODO was 115kmph. That is the maximum potential for it... And surprisingly RPM's were not even touching redline at all at 5th gear

I was overall satisfied with it later

Issues:-

- The first and the most annoying issue in the beginning was the MISSING issue... Bike started to Knock at high RPM's. ( SOLVED - First tuning )

- Silencer started to sound weird as if something is broken inside and rattling with the surface after 1800km's ( SOLVED - Replaced under warranty )

- Trip meter was not resetting digits back to zero and speed needle started to vibrate at 60kmph ( REPLACED - Under warranty )

- ( New Meter ) RPM needle started vibrating at 5000-6000 RPM 's ( Replaced under warranty )

- ( Again new meter ) RPM needle vibrating even worse at 5000-6000 RPM's. At first, YAMAHA engineers tried to convince me that it is NORMAL in all YBR's but they failed to satisfy me when I told them to show me atleast 2/3 bikes that have issue similar. Then they put the blame on CDI unit and I'm waiting to receive new CDI anytime soon ( PENDING ).

- Ridiculously expensive parts... Front headlight with assembly 10k. Indicators 1500/pair. Brake shoes 3,700/- PKR. Price of spares are almost close to that of HONDA cars.

Conclusion:-

Well, now at the end I would like to mention that YBR is without any doubt, so far, the most beautiful bike locally manufactured, providing comfort as well as performance... But, if you're considering it for a family ride, it is not the best choice for you. The max no. Of people that can sit comfortably is 2. Increasing this number will cause serious pain in driver's private areas because of tank design...

Overall, the bike is very COMFORTABLE !
    much better in terms of safety and Road grip than other local bikes and price is just about REASONABLE considering the price of competitors in 125cc category

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont get why evry1 is comparing cg 125 with ybr 125 actually i went to a shop for changing bike helmet glass nd there the shop owner asked me very curiously bike kese chal rhe hai?lekan iske tou speed aur pick donun kum hain cg125 se....filhal mybike is in break in period bt after frst oil change it went to 95kmph without any issues nd above it i dint take it as i dont feel comfrtbl running bike above 80 nd seriously regarding pick nd speed issues.....i think pick of both is almost same bt sound of cg125 is soo powerfull tht it gives illussion of more pick as compare to ybr 125 as ybrs sound is almost like 70cc bike

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would agree to your point that YBR shouldn't be compared with CG Classic, it's a direct competitor for CG Deluxe but here in Pakistan most of the people consider CG125 as benchmark for all other bikes... Hence they compare every new bike with it and there's nothing wrong in it

If you ask me, I compared it with CG because I shifted from CG to YBR... It was necessary to mention what I experienced different in it

And CG Classic is still aggressive in its acceleration ( self experimented ).

Sent from my X9076 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ha125 View Post
    I would agree to your point that YBR shouldn't be compared with CG Classic, it's a direct competitor for CG Deluxe but here in Pakistan most of the people consider CG125 as benchmark for all other bikes... Hence they compare every new bike with it and there's nothing wrong in it

If you ask me, I compared it with CG because I shifted from CG to YBR... It was necessary to mention what I experienced different in it

well i wasnt criticizing any 1 bro nd i was even not quoting u i was just telling my personal experience with the shop keeper....i was irritated by his questns mtlb cmon yar comparison level barabri ka hona chaheay us khachray spokon walay desi 125 par agar pick aur speed zada b hai tou banda kya chez lagta hoga us par as compare to on ybr....still i respect ur review about both bikes cheers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Understood bro
    And thanku

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Understood bro
    And thanku

My Pleasure

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well according to my exerience, if its comes to the road grip then i have Honda Cd 100, its grip is more than the CG 125, knowing the fact that the top speed is 105Km/h but yaar it is 100cc bike, what would you expect from it ? while on 125 the bike becomes scary after 85Km/h not because of speed but because of vibrations (keeping in view that i rode Euro 2 type bike back in 2014 which was 2013 model with 3200 km on odometer).
    Now coming to the fact that Yamaha has changed a little buying perception of the buyer, not everyone in the society likes the sound of Honda 125. (i am not saying this because i hate Honda, still i own one) Everyone person from the street at random if i asked any question about why you like Honda Cg 125 ? from every person i heard almost same answer sound bohat acha hai.... i was like WTH man, sound ka achar daalna hai jb bike mein koi safety feature he nahi hai. Then comes Yamaha, i like it due to the design and then fact that now there is something interesting in the market. I know that the parts are hell expensive but believe me still they will be worth it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In lahore, Mr. Khurram from New Sharif Autos... He knows YBR more than anyone I know... Before tuning I told him I need balanced economy - Power and tapet and carb adjustment was the major part in tuning....

AoA

Brother sharif autoes at mcleod road and in a narrow street ?

What did he charge you just coupen or money also?

I also went to sharif autoes and he did tune up and charged me 250 as tune up was premature

Pick was improved a lot

Very smooth drive but no effect top speed

Your top speed issue solved after how many Kms driving? (Bike had covered howmuch distance when your problem got solved)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes the sharif autos in the narrow street and all tune ups were done with FREE COUPON. Next time you pay him a visit tell him I need speed and khurram bhai will set it up for you....

My bike was I think 1500+ when I tried for the second time

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes the sharif autos in the narrow street and all tune ups were done with FREE COUPON. Next time you pay him a visit tell him I need speed and khurram bhai will set it up for you....

My bike was I think 1500+ when I tried for the second time

I told him that but as i had gone from Faisalabad so had to return home so couldn't go again

However i will try again

Tune up of my bike was performed an old man called ustaad g

Senior person in workshop

Is he khurram?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

He's not an old man though but with a mustache and you can ask for khurram bhai when you visit next time... If needed you can give him my reference, Hamza blue YBR I'm sure he'll understand

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now bro what do you think about this new meter; is it not the original one in your view??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In my mind, you cannot compare a YBR to even a CG125 Deluxe. CG125 Deluxe is also based on a chassis that is now being discovered in the archaeological digs in the first world. Though YBR by itself is not the latest design and technology that Yamaha can offer, but it still is the best bike in Pakistan.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hsumbal1 View Post
    In my mind, you cannot compare a YBR to even a CG125 Deluxe. CG125 Deluxe is also based on a chassis that is now being discovered in the archaeological digs in the first world. Though YBR by itself is not the latest design and technology that Yamaha can offer, but it still is the best bike in Pakistan.
    If you limit your point of view to only PAKISTAN instead of INTERNATIONAL MARKET... Then YBR vs CG Deluxe makes sense

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    Now bro what do you think about this new meter; is it not the original one in your view??
    The first thought that came in mind was that its local made, but after carefully checking the packing and quality it seemed obvious its IMPORTED. But meter came from different vendor ( Japan )

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you limit your point of view to only PAKISTAN instead of INTERNATIONAL MARKET... Then YBR vs CG Deluxe makes sense

Yes.it makes sense :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No sir it doesn't

You can not compare an apple to an orange...simple
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I respect your opinion bro but I have a different point of view

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

today i had a weird problem with bike bike thore chlanay k bad agar rush wagera men phans jaye i mean thore garam hojaye tou clutch ke setting hil jate hai bike full clutch press karnay k bad bhe chal rha hota hai jis wajah se engine bohat zada heatup hua hai petrol b bohat zaya hua hai nd bike bar bar band b horha tha...i dont knw why ths is happening....it only happens after bike is hot jb thanda hota hai tou sahe chlta hai no clutch problems at tht time....bohat tang keya aj is maslay ne upar se aj he murre road b block hua wa tha....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahzaib112 View Post
    today i had a weird problem with bike bike thore chlanay k bad agar rush wagera men phans jaye i mean thore garam hojaye tou clutch ke setting hil jate hai bike full clutch press karnay k bad bhe chal rha hota hai jis wajah se engine bohat zada heatup hua hai petrol b bohat zaya hua hai nd bike bar bar band b horha tha...i dont knw why ths is happening....it only happens after bike is hot jb thanda hota hai tou sahe chlta hai no clutch problems at tht time....bohat tang keya aj is maslay ne upar se aj he murre road b block hua wa tha....
    i had a similar problem with my Vespa :/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahzaib112 View Post
    This is ajeeb :/
    Have you tried adjusting clutch yourself close to the lever?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List