Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Relatively New YBR-G Owner Review, a thousand miles later

Assalaamu alaikum and hello guys,

This is my first motorcycle in Pakistan. Well, first time purchasing any vehicle so I thought I should share some experience.

Let's just say I've spent a considerable amount of time outside the country and was used to bigger bikes like Suzuki GS500F, Kawasaki Vulcan and Honda VFR Interceptor. Coming back to Pakistan, I wanted a good motorcycle but couldn't find anything decent with a decent price. Lo and behold, I see a YBR outside a showroom in Rawalpindi and was like "wow, they make this in Pakistan?".

Long story short, bought the G model since the paper-thin tires on the regular YBR Didn't really grab my attention for long. Plus , seeing better tires, a little higher ride and much better suspension on a G model for only 3000 more really made for a sensible option.

Here are some of the pictures and an overview/review.

Relatively New YBRG Owner Review a thousand miles later -1670966
    (with studds cruiser boxes installed)

Relatively New YBRG Owner Review a thousand miles later -1670967

Relatively New YBRG Owner Review a thousand miles later -1670968
    On a road trip to Sargodha via Jhelum - Mandi Bahaddin. Took a stop at Head-Rasul .

Relatively New YBRG Owner Review a thousand miles later -1670971
    Windshield installed with cigarette lighter mod to power the Dash-cam.

On my way back to Islamabad/Rawalpindi

Relatively New YBRG Owner Review a thousand miles later -1670969
    Never mind the flies, they're just admiring the vinyl wrap look

Relatively New YBRG Owner Review a thousand miles later -1670972
    As soon as I go near my bike, people come swarming like bees, asking questions.

Relatively New YBRG Owner Review a thousand miles later -1670974
    Windshield can be useful to deflect bugs, debris etc. and also for holding GPS suction cup mounts!

Relatively New YBRG Owner Review a thousand miles later -1670970
    Look at that form! It looks like a well-built motorcycle, considering the competition of course.

Here's a brief overview of my experiences as well as people who have had a ride as a passenger or a rider on it :

1.) Looks like nothing else in the market when it comes to locally assembled bikes. +1
    2.) Very smooth ride, even for passengers who said the seating is very comfortable and you barely feel the jumps compared to "main tay Honda hi lay-saan" 125. +2
    3.) Shocks are outstanding. +1
    4.) Road-Grip unlike anything else on the 125 market, especially at high-speeds. I've been doing some crazy maneuvering at 90+ that I wouldn't dare do on a "main tay...". +1
    5.) Brakes. I can't believe people still use brake-shoes on their motorcycles, knowing how crazy important braking is on Pakistani roads, where traffic laws dont exist. So with disc brakes, I felt right at home with my previous experiences. +1
    6.) Competitively priced. I mean, there has to be a reason why Suzuki had to shave the price off their GS-150 down over 50,000Rs. to compete with the YBR!

Now here's the kicker :

7.) Won't go past 100, even that it barely reaches. And yes, I've tried it for 300 kms on open roads with minimum wind resistance. Used Hi-Octane fuel and changed oil twice ( in under 2000 kms! ). Have had full service done.
    What's worse? I spoke to Yamaha customer service in Karachi to a gentleman named "Usman Ali", who quite rudely asked me "to 100 say ooper kitni jani chahiyay?". I told him the max speed is written 140, so at least give me a 120. He said "nope! that's the maximum engine capacity for a square piston engine so it wont go past 100. You can go to a dealer and maybe if he identifies a problem , we may send someone but it wont go past 100" ( I've recorded the whole conversation in audio) .

So for that and rude customer service rep . -2

8.) Occasional "jerks" at 80-90kms/hr on the 4th gear. Don't know yet why.
    9.) Muffler/Exhaust. Sounds like you're on a CD-70. Honda still sounds way better. You think they should've upped the price by 1 or 2,000 to put a decent sounding exhaust muffler on it ? But you can always put a Yoshimura or Akrapovic to make it sound awesome. Still for the stock Exhaust. -1
    10.) Slower than a CG-125. My friend left me in dust on Faisal Avenue on his CG-125 riding at 115 while I struggled to get to 100. -1

So overall, it's a nice motorcycle for beginners or people who can't afford a friggin million rupee cruiser. Not fast, but definitely a safe and comfortable ride. I just really hope it would give me at least 120 kms/hr on a highway.

Again , these are my personal views/experiences along with a few friends'. Take em with a pinch of salt if you have digestion problems. Let me know what you guys think.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice review but you are harsh on cg125 & gs150 and i agree with your all points on cg125
    but like you admitted honestly the only advantage of cg125 the top speed in which it really
    beats ybr and personally have driven ybr & ybr-g their top speed is max:100 or mostly 90km/h
    which is definitely very disappointing atleast it should cruise on 100 with top speed of 110

CORRUPT DEALER'S LOOT, MECHANICS AND STAFF APPOINTED BY YAMAHA IS GOING TO SINK THEM
    "WORST STAFF" AND IF THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING EVENTUALLY THEY MAY HAVE TO SHUT FACTORY
    AND LEAVE PAKISTAN

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

True Amjad , BTW, here's the call Yamaha customer service. Listen for yourselves :

https://soundcloud.com/aqeeq-ansari/...stomer-service

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/251694492&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=fal se&amp;show_ comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts= false&amp;vi sual=true"></iframe>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice review nice bile mashaALLAH conhratez but in the end I was disappointed to see another person with desire to go above 100km/h it a 125cc my friend treat it like that

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BTW you using hioctane is the reasom bike not performaning wheel hioctane would have slowed you down hi Ron fuel burn slower and will slow your bike down becoz your engine lack the compression to burn all that fuel

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aqeeq View Post
    True Amjad , BTW, here's the call Yamaha customer service. Listen for yourselves :

https://soundcloud.com/aqeeq-ansari/...stomer-service

<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/251694492&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=fal se&amp;show_ comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts= false&amp;vi sual=true"></iframe>
    Aqeeq staff appointed by them is terrible let me share my experience
    i don't personally own ybr but one of my relative owns one and i have
    ridden his ybr many times

Yamaha mechanic in my city gave my friend number of their assistant manager service
    in karachi factory now this department monitor the yamaha service and mechanics
    training. I had called them to get the information about valve clearance of ybr at which
    setting the Yamaha workers by default set valve for this engine as mechanic had ruined
    settings and after tuning bike had lost its performance

"i called them and asked them this question first guy did not know he transferred the call to another
    other guy i asked him same question and said him if any technical guy can tell me this he said sir it
    can't be managed we don't know about it"

than i tried factory number mentioned Yamaha Pakistan website

Guys took the call said "Yamaha Pakistan" i could not listen to him properly i said hello
    one time he disconnected the call i again tried same number same way he said "Yamaha Pakistan"
    i said hello sir i amjad from _____ city he disconnected the call

and regarding your call i listened whole conversation i am not satisfied with the guy on phone
    he was not able to guide you properly definitely seemed he had no complete info about bike he did
    not even know about specification of ybr and said you to check brochure for specifications

and Aqeeq brother almost all motorcycles in these categories don't touch full meter even in cars
    as well in 100cc & 125cc bikes in Pakistan or big market like India you would see meter with big
    numbers but it does not mean bike would touch these top speeds nor manufacture claims those
    speeds problem with ybr is its full sport looking but its performance is not impressive at all in top
    speed which really frustrate the owner and that guy from yamaha factory claim thats what it can deliver
    is wrong 90km/h top speed is low for this motorcycle

Atlas Honda deluxe has meter of 160km/h and bike goes only 90-100km/h max mostly same like
    ybr 90km/h and Atlas Honda CD70 has meter of 120km/h while bike mostly 70km/h and Atlas
    Honda Pridor 100 has meter of 140km/h while bike goes 85-90km/h. These are the speeds that
    these bikes deliver with weight on bike or normal air resistance

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Nice review nice bile mashaALLAH conhratez but in the end I was disappointed to see another person with desire to go above 100km/h it a 125cc my friend treat it like that
    Then what do you have to say about these videos? One is from Latin America and the other from Pakistan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBSD2Hz017E

And let me tell you something. This ******** can only be pulled off in Pakistan. My Camry had a top speed written of 230 km/hr and I easily ran that thing up to 210 ( had to slow down because the radar said COPS! ). Similarly, a Honda CRF 125 goes 130 at least with no problem.

Sari **** a kar Pakistan main hi baith'ti hay because we don't do or say anything about it. It seems Ayesha Ghazi was right when she said "Pakistaniyon nay apnay ooper honay wali ziadtiyon ko qubool karna shuroo kar diya hay".

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Then what do you have to say about these videos? One is from Latin America and the other from Pakistan.

And let me tell you something. This ******** can only be pulled off in Pakistan. My Camry had a top speed written of 230 km/hr and I easily ran that thing up to 210 ( had to slow down because the radar said COPS! ). Similarly, a Honda CRF 125 goes 130 at least with no problem.

Sari **** a kar Pakistan main hi baith'ti hay because we don't do or say anything about it. It seems Ayesha Ghazi was right when she said "Pakistaniyon nay apnay ooper honay wali ziadtiyon ko qubool karna shuroo kar diya hay".
    HahahaHahaha brother app tou naraz hogae
    Any way I wish Yamaha mechanics fix your bike
    May I suggest a minor mod to enhance a bit power of your bike?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aqeeq in the first video it can be clearly seen guy is taking advantage of hilly road
    his bike goes 120+km/h on coming down from hill and in the 2nd video though
    rider has tried to hide but it can there spotted easily if you watch carefully he is
    also using some bridge or flyover

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    HahahaHahaha brother app tou naraz hogae
    Any way I wish Yamaha mechanics fix your bike
    May I suggest a minor mod to enhance a bit power of your bike?
    Sure Saboor. Let me know. And the 100+ issue existed long before I had a full-service done and switching to Hi-Octane fuel. As a matter of fact, Hi-Octane actually seems to have done a little better for the bike as I can feel the engine a bit more "free" IYWIM.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sure Saboor. Let me know. And the 100+ issue existed long before I had a full-service done and switching to Hi-Octane fuel. As a matter of fact, Hi-Octane actually seems to have done a little better for the bike as I can feel the engine a bit more "free" IYWIM.
    If hioctane helped than your bike is running extreme lean you felt bike engine heating up?
    About mod get a performance spark plug bought one from pakwheeler and installed in my friend ybr

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That could be the issue. Perhaps a better Spark plug and having my carburetor looked at from a good mechanic might solve some problems. Thanks saboor73

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

These Yamaha After sales officers need severe punishment

Few months ago same story was with me and at that time some Yamaha supporters even fought with me k main ne Q kaha k YBR 100 k ooper ni jati

Aur engineer ko bhejney wali baat sab se bara fraud hy

mujhy 4 months kehtey rahe k engineer aap ki bike ko check karey ga

lakin no body contacted me

i have never seen such worst (worstest (although this word does not exist)) service

lakin bhai yahan yamaha k khilaf ziyada kuch na bolna

log fight start kar detay hen

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its a bitter but true fact that ybr top speed is 100 kmph (Atleast in my experience). I also bought ybr but sold it after keeping it for 3 months and bought gs for the third time (Because no bike can match the torque or engine power of GS) . YBR is a really good bike but i can't compromise on engine performance and power.

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

May I give a tip to my fellow ybr owners,
    Get rid of that stock muffler and put on good quality light weight slip on exhaust,
    U will see a huge jump in throttle response.
    Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That could be the issue. Perhaps a better Spark plug and having my carburetor looked at from a good mechanic might solve some problems. Thanks saboor73
    I have service manual for ybr if you need
    Btw don't fall for the irridium spark plug giving better performance in ybr case electrode style effect performance

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pindi Boiiss and their tips
    You better keep it in stock condition, the after market replica mufflers are cheap with a weird sound. Changing exhaust wouldn't increase the speed but will surely decrease the life span of engine.
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Take off those large side bags and windscreen and tuck in, the bike will go much faster than 100 kph.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    Take off those large side bags and windscreen and tuck in, the bike will go much faster than 100 kph.
    Did that before putting on those large side-bags. And BTW, they only add in about 5 lbs of weight and don't effect the aerodynamics of the motorcycle. I can lose 5 lbs just by taking a dump after eating hot curry .

As for r1's post. Bro! having a bigger exhaust does NOT reduce the engine's life. IDK where on earth you're getting your info. You only risk blowing the engine if your exhaust creates a back pressure, which is not the case with Yoshimura or Akrapovic/ HKS style exhausts.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Top speed on a Meter doesn't mean that its the claimed top speed, its a measuring tool, what is the top speed on new toyota corolla 1300's meter ? has anybody done it, I don't think so, so better get rid of those boxes on both sides, get rid of the wind screen and then test your bike after a good 5000 kms on it, but going over a 100 kms an hour on a small bike in Pakistani conditions or in whatever conditions on a light bike is nothing but plain death wish to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List