Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Advise needed YBR-G

Hello Bikers And Brothers,

I am planning to get YBR-G, hopefully will be buying it in a week or two IA, so is there anything which i will need to check when buying a brand new bike, I know it sounds lame to ask such question but the thing is my knowledge of bikes is just zero , I have never kept one have ridden many but never have owned one personally I own a car but was inspired by looks of YBR so getting one, so should I be concerned about things when buying a brand new bike?

Secondly, what is break in period and why is it important for overall bike performance?

And I am from Karachi are there any goods mechanics for YBR in KHI, coz I have been reading horror stories about mechanics screwing many new bikes and bikes not performing good after first tune up?

Thanks and awaiting you expert feedbacks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mohdabbas , from a personal experience, take a test ride on both YBR and YBR-G models, whichever you like the most. Like a friend of mine said "Bike woh lo jiss per dil aye, baqi logoan ki batayn chor do".

Secondly, Buying new? Make sure the seller is authorized by Yamaha , go to their website and see a list of authorized sellers. Be careful of part-swaps, it's pretty common on small showrooms in Karachi, so agar 500 bhee ooper denay parayn, go for a better , well reputed showroom and buy from them. Make sure the vin/serial number on the chasis matches the one in the book (duhh).

Other than that, I would say brand new means brand-new, like zero meter, not a showroom model or one with 100 km on it. When you buy, follow the proper running period up to 1000kms by the book, and get your service done.

Regarding service : Make sure the guys are not messing with anything other than oil-change and basic maintenance like air-filter cleaning and oil level checks/lubrication. So "sar pay kharay reh kar karwayen".

Hopefully other guys will chip in their knowledge too

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you love speed and want to go beyond 100 like 110 to 120 km/h go for simple YBR not for YBR-G

i owned two YBR-G both black and red and none crossed 100

Red marely reached 110 once

simple YBR easily goes to 110-120

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    30 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which colour looks good on ybr g ?
    If travelling was free............ You know what i mean

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aqeeq View Post
    @mohdabbas , from a personal experience, take a test ride on both YBR and YBR-G models, whichever you like the most. Like a friend of mine said "Bike woh lo jiss per dil aye, baqi logoan ki batayn chor do".

Secondly, Buying new? Make sure the seller is authorized by Yamaha , go to their website and see a list of authorized sellers. Be careful of part-swaps, it's pretty common on small showrooms in Karachi, so agar 500 bhee ooper denay parayn, go for a better , well reputed showroom and buy from them. Make sure the vin/serial number on the chasis matches the one in the book (duhh).

Other than that, I would say brand new means brand-new, like zero meter, not a showroom model or one with 100 km on it. When you buy, follow the proper running period up to 1000kms by the book, and get your service done.

Regarding service : Make sure the guys are not messing with anything other than oil-change and basic maintenance like air-filter cleaning and oil level checks/lubrication. So "sar pay kharay reh kar karwayen".

Hopefully other guys will chip in their knowledge too

Thanks Aqeeq for imparting this knowledge, bhai dil to YBR-G per aagaya hai or test drive bhi lay li hai "MAI TAI YBR-G hi lay saan"

I have a few follow-up questions:
    1. I am buying from a showroom which is in my area(Gulistan-e-Jauhar) it is at walking distance from my home, and it is also listed on YAMAHA's website as 3S Dealer and I have called all the showrooms in KHI mentioned on the YAMAHA's website they are all quoting the same price, so regarding part swaps which are the most common parts to be swapped and how can i check them if they have been swapped or not ?

2. Regarding the break-in period will i get a manual or something with a brand new bike which will have all the instructions ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliarshad26 View Post
    If you love speed and want to go beyond 100 like 110 to 120 km/h go for simple YBR not for YBR-G

i owned two YBR-G both black and red and none crossed 100

Red marely reached 110 once

simple YBR easily goes to 110-120
    thanks for chipping in, bro not a big fan of speed buying this bike coz of its looks, comfort and economy and the route i travel in KHI is too congested will hardly get a chance to take it above 80.

Bro any other advise regarding maintenance, tuneups etc ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ifoo_786 View Post
    Which colour looks good on ybr g ?
    I personally liked the black one

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mohdabbas View Post
    Thanks Aqeeq for imparting this knowledge, bhai dil to YBR-G per aagaya hai or test drive bhi lay li hai "MAI TAI YBR-G hi lay saan"

I have a few follow-up questions:
    1. I am buying from a showroom which is in my area(Gulistan-e-Jauhar) it is at walking distance from my home, and it is also listed on YAMAHA's website as 3S Dealer and I have called all the showrooms in KHI mentioned on the YAMAHA's website they are all quoting the same price, so regarding part swaps which are the most common parts to be swapped and how can i check them if they have been swapped or not ?

2. Regarding the break-in period will i get a manual or something with a brand new bike which will have all the instructions ?
    Just look closely if there are any screw-driver marks around the bolts and nuts of the engine and carburetor. Also , inspect the Speedometer / Cluster gauge. If it's the one in front of N.E.D I think it shouldn't be much of an issue, lekin jab tak Sher-Shah hay Karachi main, you can never be too sure .

2. ) Yeah, You'll get an owner's manual which you MUST read completely before riding the motorcycle. It has some very useful information and;

a - remember it's sports-gears. Meaning 1-Front, 4-rear. Practice that at around 40km/hr before riding any faster ( you can go upto 4th gear at 40km/hr on low revs ).
    Why is this important? because the manual AND the dealer would tell you NOT to rev the bike over 6000 RPM for the first 500 or so Kilometers. Some guy's are not used to this form of gears and what they do is they accidentally keep revving the bike while down-shifting.

b) Don't take the bike over 60 km/hr for the first 500 kms, no matter how many lalukhetis encourage you to race em.

c) Invest in a good lock.

Enjoy!

9. 28-03-2016, 07:46 PM

Site Banned

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aqeeq View Post
    Just look closely if there are any screw-driver marks around the bolts and nuts of the engine and carburetor. Also , inspect the Speedometer / Cluster gauge. If it's the one in front of N.E.D I think it shouldn't be much of an issue, lekin jab tak Sher-Shah hay Karachi main, you can never be too sure .

2. ) Yeah, You'll get an owner's manual which you MUST read completely before riding the motorcycle. It has some very useful information and;

a - remember it's sports-gears. Meaning 1-Front, 4-rear. Practice that at around 40km/hr before riding any faster ( you can go upto 4th gear at 40km/hr on low revs ).
    Why is this important? because the manual AND the dealer would tell you NOT to rev the bike over 6000 RPM for the first 500 or so Kilometers. Some guy's are not used to this form of gears and what they do is they accidentally keep revving the bike while down-shifting.

b) Don't take the bike over 60 km/hr for the first 500 kms, no matter how many lalukhetis encourage you to race em.

c) Invest in a good lock.

Enjoy!
    Yep its the one opposite N.E.D university, anyways thanks bro for all the info you provided it was all very useful hopefully will get the bike this week or next can't wait to get my hands on one

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I like black color but it is hard to maintain. Dust and scratches are more prominent in black.

Enviado desde mi Telefono
    31.5497 N, 74.3436 E

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam Abbas, hopefully you have purchased the bike now

Please share your experience so far with your new bike, also tell me about the 3S dealer

BTW, I also live in Gulistan-e-Jouhar and going to buy YBR in couple of weeks from a Yamaha dealer opposite to NED

From where are you getting your bike tuned? Are you satisfied?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Ibadb,

Yep I purchased the bike in April-2016, so far the experience has been amazing nearing 5000 KM, and with each passing KM the bike performance is just increasing.

If you talk about speed, top speed i had on my YBR-G was 110, other than that looks are just breath taking, ride is smooth as it can get, shocks are just amazing and quality of the bike is also excellent, 5 months not a single sound or defect, but ofcourse you don't get everything, if you compare its acceleration to HONDA 125 and SUZUKI 150 its not upto the mark, but what can you expect from 120 KG bike in 125 CC category it is heavier compared to the lot mentioned and but it comes with more goodies such as disc brake, self start etc. But I personally didn't buy the bike for speed, i bought it for comfort, looks and quality.

Yes, the Yamaha Dealer opposite NED university is in my opinion the best in Karachi "YAMAHA UNIVERSITY AUTOS" the Manager Mr. Furqan and mechanic "ATTA Bhai" very good individuals and passionate about what they do, i bought my bike from there and also get it tuned and taken care from there.

Good luck with your purchase and make sure to follow the instructions in break-in period as that is the most important period for bike's performance in years to come.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mohdabbas, thank u for your valuable feedback