Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default yamaha junoon, suzuki sprinter eco, Honda cd 100

aoa

I am planning to buy new bike. I am more concerned about:

1) comfort:
    as I have height of 6 + , have to travell 50 + km from home to office and back and there is a patch of 2 km which is all a mixture of dirt track, worn out road, bumps etc. so I need a bike that doesnt tire me, makes no noises on bumpy roads, and is durable and has best suspension.
    (aam zaban main jaldi kharrak na jaay aur jhatkay na maray aur maintenance bee kam ho )

2. Economy:
    gives more fuel economy.

performance: pick, power, accelration is at number 3 and doesnt makes a diff to me. I just want a top and maintenable speed of 90 + whatever

I love suzuki gs-125 but its not economical as compared to 100 cc. I dont know about its durablility and comfort. I think that its height is less than that of 100 ccs bike and after six months its sporty seat will bend then and will give an uncomfortable ride.

Please guys and bike lovers help me out

There is another topic where a person bouht cd-100 with these comments
    "
    wasy I just got CD-100 (comfort) it's real comfort, good hight, heavy, so safe gripyy, fantastic heavy look great meterail ......it's new great work by honda 41 changes...they realy worked hard on it....

what r the 41 changes and is cd-100 reall comfort

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ bike_junky

yara...get a life....just go for Sprinter...non eco..

as u have weight of 90Kg...tu hard seat khud he set ho jai gi...lolz...i personaly 80Kg.. having no problem....!!
    ALLAH is my best friend...!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

welll i dont go on bike if i have to travel for more than 5,6 kms.. and if u think that chingchi sounds better than 125 then get ur ears checked.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hashimsiddiq

I go to office on car, when weather is bad (raining and extreme cold like in december and january) and when there are any functions/gettogetehrs etc. Everybody at home asks to go on car, but I prefer bike in good weather because I can reach earlier, dont get stuck in traffic jams and its also economical, and saves money.

As regard to chingchi bike sound, I heard it 2 to three times and i think its not too different from 125. same beat but with more bass.
    Honda silencer sound is more tuned but I dont like that. You know its a matter of personal taste, some like soft sounds and some like loud sounds.
    Besides, on a distance of 5 to 6 km, it might sound nice and charming.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all

Thanks brothers, for helping me out and giving such nice advises.
    Now I have decided that I will definitely go for suzuki. Suzuki is making a nice come back by introducing new models and they are doing it, because they know they have made good machines.
    We might also see Yamaha and Honda new models on coming future but I cant wait for that.
    As malik sb said, i think sprinter eco will definitely earn a repute for Suzuki, because its being sold at higly competitive price with good performance and economy. Now we can also see suzukis on road and condition is getting better.

Now I have only three options left:

suzuki sprinter, sprinter eco and gs-150.

i love suzuki gs-150

I know malikg owns a gs-150 and foosa brother has also gs-150 and they both r nor recomending gs-150.
    I would request them to pleas give their comments on it.

performance, handling and comfort will definitely be good.

1. consumption:

if you own a gs-150 u r not going to drive it like a 70.
    i wont drive it less than 80 km on highways.
    agar petrol bachanay k liya 60 ya 45-50 par hee chalana hai to phir sprinter kion na lay loon.
    Pleas tell what is gs-150 worst mileage and its mileage on different speed ratios . I think it will give an average of min 30 km. am i right.

2. maintenace

I know its maintenace would be difficult. what is the spare parts availablity position and their cost.
    I dont want to see my bike with no side covers after six months, bc they were stolen by somebody and shipment is not arriving.
    what about chain set, brake shoes, seat and such like things. I think of all the owners of the gs-150 I would be among the top 5 to drive them most. so there will be rapid wear tear like brake shoes replacement, chain replacement, seat replacement etc.

I remember once malikg fixed gtos brake shoes in his gs-150, so is he still doing like this. what about new silencer front shocks etc.

I think gs-150 side covers should be made of steel with locks. Thats not good for such a big nice bike.

c123 I am considering for gs-150 but u r in karachi. I dont know whats position there. do tell me.

so malik sb and foosa pleas explain me the above two points so that i can make up my mind.

As regards sprinter and eco, that would be my second choice,

bus aik masla samaj main naheen aa raha uska

1. tyre touching the mudguards.

I read that extremist was saying that his bikes problem wz solved. bhai jab tyre ghis gya ho ga to tab hee masla hal hua ho ga bc springs loose their strength.
    as malik sb said a lot of ppl are buying eco, so anybody is that problem solved

I just saw a sprinter eco standing outside my office building.

its a nice bike.

what i found about it is that its lenght is short as compared to other bikes and its silencer pipe (coming from piston head to the big silencer pipe) is very thin. Speedometer bee itna stylish naheen hai. rest is fine. its height is also very good. aur performance is there according to u ppl.

so malik sb, foosa, extremist, c123 and everybody plz comment at the 2 problems of gs-150 and one problem of eco 110

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@bikeJ

my elder brother came from lahore to multan on his gs150 on an average speed of 110km. and it gave him an average of 42+...i didnt recommend it because of my personal vendetta against STREET BIKES ..it should give you a healthy average because of its butterfly carburettors. Mileage also depends upon ur throttle control...for example...i have a bad habbit of revving the throttle for no reason at all even when im at a signal...so that consumes more petrol..

now for the sprinter...like i said before i had no issues with mine other than the seat..and to be franked i thrashed the one i had as hard as i could..for example changing the third gear at 90km ...also using the butterfly injection..it gives a pretty healthy fuel average of 60+ considerring its a 110cc...

as for the parts...if you buy ur bike from an authorised suzuki dealer...say 5S showroom...u will have no difficulty with parts or maintainence...an im pretty sure u'll get some free tuneups as well in the beginning coz i got 2 for my sprinter..

Note: All of the 4 stroke suzuki bikes are using BFI (butteryfly fuel injecting)carburettors which are far more efficient than normal ones used by honda or yamaha
    >>Time Doesnt Heal Wounds...A Kawasaki ZX-6R does <<

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ foosa

According to my knowledge at top and a constant speed , the consumption of engine is reduced. Thats why it gave 42 km/litre.

half of my journey is in rush hours and busy roads where there are a lot of signals and so i will be using 1st to 3rd gear a lot and a lot of braking and accelration.

So we can conclude that gs-150 will give an average of maximum 35 km/litre at its best.

I would request from all gs-150 owners to confirm or negate that by giving their comments otherwise i will be deprived of from buying a beautiful bike

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the average consumption of the gs150 given to me by a suzuki mechanic is 45km/litre...and all the gs owners i know of say that its 40+...however im still against street bikes

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ bike junky...

jus go for it....dont think too much....i think the reviews in the other thread, relating GS 150 are enuff to guide u and buy a GS 150...i think u should wait no more...
    Da OnE aT iTz XtReMez....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GS125 shuld also on ur choice...its nice..and i personaly like gs125..having no thinking in ma mind wheter it could beat cg or not...every bikes has its own plus - minus points..no doubt cg is good bike, but this is the time dat honda shuld learn a thing or two from suzuki...
    ALLAH is my best friend...!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All
    Assalam-o-alaikum.
    I just want your guidance for Suzuki Sprinter bike.
    some days back i have sold my 1986 honda CD-70 & bought Super Star 100 C.C bike. Now after 1500miles the bike is giving so much noise & vibration that i cannot tolerate it. I have decided to sell it at loss.
    I am v sensitive to vibration & noise thats why sold my old 70.
    I am planning on buying 2007 Honda CD-70 or Suzuki sprinter. Let me know about vibration/noise problems if any in sprinter or eco. I need your guidance so that i shall not buy a wrong bike again.
    Jaza-K-ALLAH.
    Note;- If any one want to ask my experience regarding Super star or super power 100 cc bike, I will be happy to share it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai streetbiker

its amazing that we make a decision after so much considerations and it turns out to be the wrong one.

Well if vibrations and noises are such a big concern just go for junoon, i m amazed as to what yamaha people did to make such a smooth and noiseless engine. My choice was CD 100 coz it was heavier than all others in its category, and comparatively safe on long routes or tours. (and it is comfortable)

But if you need a bike for intercity usuage and dont care about resale value go for junoon, it milage is very near to 60 - 65 KMPL and max speed its users say that i can do 120 very easily (i doubt it) but it will do 100 easily.

i hate sprinter for only one reason despite having new technology of carb and wonderful econo power engine suzuki people have killed their own product in finishing. park a Sprinter, CD 100 and a Junoon side by side and watch the finishing junoon will stand out cd 100 will be 50/50 and sprinter will fade out. The most crucial part comfort...... 0 number to sprinter.

Anyways these are my personal views

Rest is your choice
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

street biker if you had read the topic replies...we have discussed about the sprinter in detail...kindly read the replies

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear brothers.
    Assalam-o-alaikum.
    Jaza-k-ALLAH again for your help guys. yes i am v sensitive to vibration & engine noise. I will look for Junoon tomorrow insha ALLAH. Or will try second hand, as i cant afford costly bike now.. Lost nearly 9K Rs for this new Super Star 100 resale.
    Thanks again for your help.
    I have been busy reading most of the posts about sprinter & junoon so sorry to my brother for this.
    Regards
    Laiq

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mr. Laiq

since you are going for a used bike now, it will be better that you test drive all three bikes Sprinter, Junoon, and CD 100. You will find a lot of used models of all of them in market and test drive wont be an issue, This will help you make your decision.

Keep us updated about ur new purchase and its results.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks every body for helping me out. I think we have discussed it a lot.

gs-150 and gs-125 are great looking bikes with good economy and performance.

Now i will definitely go for 150, as soon as I get a chance.
    Once again, thanks to all.

Please keep on mailing about new things, ideas and events so that every body can get a chance to buy the best bike.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^
    gud luck with ur buy ...(and i still hate street bikes )

keep visiting the bike forums for latest updates related to bikes...and thank hanif bhai(Libra) for making PAKWHEELS (Y)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalam-o-alaikum all
    I have decided to go for Suzuki 150. Any ideas or tips for ENGINE BREAK IN TECHNIQUE. I have read on net that u have to start riding it hard from day one as initial 2oo to 400 kms are important. Please guide me. As my prev experience with breakin didnot gave me any good result. I tried slow driving single person till 450Km then rode it hard with same as written on website. Fast then slow etc etc.
    Please guide me on this issue as i dont want to destroy the maximum pleasure from this GS150.
    Jaza-k-ALLAH in advance.
    Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

streetbiker...ride it the way you want...ppl will give different opinions about the matter...like im gonna ask you to ride it hard from day first...but most ppl will say that take it steadily which will confuse you...so you ride it the way you want it to be ridden

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All.
    After exhaustive discussions with my freinds & mechanics i purchased SUZUKI SPRINTER STANDARD, 2 days back.
    Its pickup is good & reached 108 for short time. Now doing engine break in, 50% normal 30Km/h & 50% short burst of high speed in 2nd,3rd & 4th gears.
    I am observing some problems, showed to Suzuki showroom mechanic he told me it is normal & i do my 1000Km running. My front & rear tyres are kind of jammed, that is if it is on DOUBLE STAND & i rotates the tyres the wheels are looking jammed not moving freely. Some times sounds are coming. I have used WD-40 cleaner, loosen the brakes, now it is less but still there. Please suggest what i do.
    Also feeling restless due to its hard seat, i asked the suzuki showroom sales person to exchange my seat from ECHO, but he adviced me to contact local seat repair shop to solve this issue :-)
    Will change oil at 200Km, might do it today with MOBIL 4T.
    One last query from u guys as i forgot to ask the suzuki mechanic about it, do any one know about Sprinter CLUTCH system. Is it OIL type or what, as in owners manual there is sentence about WET CLUTCH & OIL etc.
    Please explain if someone knew about it.
    Jaza-k-ALLAH again to all for their help & suggestion.
    Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^
    all the above mentioned problems are very normal for sprinter...hard seat is the major issue i'd say...go to a posish maker for that...apart from that....oil change after every 500km...i think there is a trip meter to do that...dont worry about the brakes they will smooth out soon..as for the klutch i think its wet klutch multiplates type..correct me if im wrong about that

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List