I made a Home Made Engine Control Unit (ECU )using PIC16F876A for EFI Engine. Have a look at this
This ECU has following features:
1) Adjustable Idling Speed.
2) Cold Start feature for better cranking in winters. Just starts in first Attempt.
3) Fully Controllable Ignition Timing (Advance/Retard) no need for Advancer in case of CNG.
4) Injector Duty Cycle is Programmable (Rich/Lean).
5) Cooling FAN can be set at any Temperature.
6) Fuel Pump runs only if Engine is running.
7) One can tune it for racing to extract maximum output from the Engine.
8) It can be set on Economical Mode for Extra Fuel Saving.
9) Engine Maximum RPM can be limited at any set point. To enhance the Engine Life.
10) Injectors can be disabled just by giving one Pulse so there’s no need of Emulator for CNG.
Intake Air Temperature Sensor, Throttle Position Sensor, Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor, O2 Sensor, Oil Pressure Sensor, Knocking Sensor, Coolant Temperature Sensor, CAM position Sensor, Crank Angle Sensor, VVT Feedback Sensor.
3-Fuel Injectors, 3-Ignition Coils, Idling Air Control Valve, VVT Solenoid, Purge Valve, Radiator cooling FAN, Fuel Pump, + RS232 port for Data Monitoring
more than that i made all this just for Fun, Engines r my Babies
Engr Asad Hameed