I have seen lot of mail on this topic, few friends have also had this conversion yet confusion persists as how its done and what parts are required.
If you love DIY, then its a ideal sunday assignment.
- Conversion is related to car interior.
- Remove the steering column from dash board and cross at floor.
- Strip the steering column to tube level. see picture.
- Exchange the locks on both steering tubes.
- Re assemble the steering column.
- Re install into car.
- Wire the EPS. Needs, -, + , switched power, rpm.
- Re install the steering column.
- Connect the cross.
- Start the car and check before putting back dash board panels.
- On Right side is the original (manual) steering tube taken out of car with locking mechanism removed.
- On Left side is new steering tube (EPS), note the motor on base with a square box, this is the controller. Locking mechanism under my thumb.
- Only 2 bolts and one cross needs to be opened.
- Total cost Rs 8000/- with steering wheel
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad