Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hard Gears when car switched on/Smooth gears when turned off

Car Alto PKDM 1000cc 40k driven 2011

Hello, Salam,

I have been facing an issue from past 2 months,

Hard gear.

1st gear is very hard when you put it in from N or 2nd gear.

have changed gear oil ZIC FF 75W85 and added little tube of Anti Friction Liqui Moly.

still the 1st gear is hard and rest of the gears are very minor hard too.

When the car is switched off, the gears are absolutely smooth and have no issue, but when car is switched on the gear gets really hard.

reverse gear is really smooth in any scenario.

What has been done so far:
    Gear Oil changed, Clutch cable adjusted numerous times. Bushes below the gear lever under the car changed but still nothing looks to be resolved.

I have been to around 3 mechanics and every mechanic seem to inject his on experience and science and tellme a new issue.

my car is only 40k driver, yesterday another mechanic said that its the Pressure plate and Clutch plate. new set of them will solve this issue as when clutch is getting weaker it problems the 1st gear in the first stage.

Now before i spend hell lot of money to get clutch and pressure plate replace i want your opinion can you please tell me any other way to diagnose the weak clutch and pressure plate?

just want to make sure it REALLY IS THE CLUTCH PLATE AND PRESSURE PLATE before i take it to a mechanic and he opens my car

UPDATE:

got clutch plate, Pressure plate, Clutch cable replaced.
    still had the issue so took the car too 3s and bought Suzuki Gear Oil and voila! no more gear hardness.

Solution: Never use ZIC gear oil & / OR LM Anti Friction MoS2 Tube as it is not the same thickness as required for suzuki cars. the gear oil from suzuki was cheaper thn ZIC and worked like a charm. the cars gear box is working superb now.

i have not driven almost 10,000 with genuine suzuki gear oil and cars gear are super smooth and great in shifts.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hashsohail View Post
    Car Alto PKDM 1000cc 40k driven 2011

Hello, Salam,

I have been facing an issue from past 2 months,

Hard gear.

1st gear is very hard when you put it in from N or 2nd gear.

have changed gear oil ZIC FF 75W85 and added little tube of Anti Friction Liqui Moly.

still the 1st gear is hard and rest of the gears are very minor hard too.

When the car is switched off, the gears are absolutely smooth and have no issue, but when car is switched on the gear gets really hard.

reverse gear is really smooth in any scenario.

What has been done so far:
    Gear Oil changed, Clutch cable adjusted numerous times. Bushes below the gear lever under the car changed but still nothing looks to be resolved.

I have been to around 3 mechanics and every mechanic seem to inject his on experience and science and tellme a new issue.

my car is only 40k driver, yesterday another mechanic said that its the Pressure plate and Clutch plate. new set of them will solve this issue as when clutch is getting weaker it problems the 1st gear in the first stage.

Now before i spend hell lot of money to get clutch and pressure plate replace i want your opinion can you please tell me any other way to diagnose the weak clutch and pressure plate?

just want to make sure it REALLY IS THE CLUTCH PLATE AND PRESSURE PLATE before i take it to a mechanic and he opens my car
    Zic gear oil is crap and are you sure that you used the correct viscosity of oil

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ZIC is perfectly fine. I have been using ZIC for many years. You need to buy it from the company.
    Your issue seems like a clutch adjustment issue. Ckutch plate can go bad if you ride the clutch a lot or if there's another driver who does it.
    When the car is idling, is there a noise before ot after pressing clutch in neutral?

Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alto normally has hard gears compared to other cars,try another car if it same issue then nothing to worry about it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Proverbial_Slang View Post
    ZIC is perfectly fine. I have been using ZIC for many years. You need to buy it from the company.
    Your issue seems like a clutch adjustment issue. Ckutch plate can go bad if you ride the clutch a lot or if there's another driver who does it.
    When the car is idling, is there a noise before ot after pressing clutch in neutral?

Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.

no sir, no noise what so ever. but whenever you put it in gear there is a feel that clutch is no supporting the whole mechanics, as at times sound comes of under-clutch as in half pressed clutch.

i bought this car from a lady 3 months back she drove it 36k only in 4 years.

i cant find any mechanic in islamabad who can sort this for me, i took it to suzuki workshop they ripped of 400 rupees from me and said that alto mein ye fault ata hai :/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tahamujtaba View Post
    Alto normally has hard gears compared to other cars,try another car if it same issue then nothing to worry about it

tried my friends alto, their gears are absolutely fine. any mechanic who checks the gear says yes farak hai but hur banda apni theory laga raha hai.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bump

Sent from a Nuclear Device.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother, Alto gears are relatively hard as compared to other cars,,,, kindly do not change clutch plate or any other thing as u have drove less mileage 40K or so........

I suggest you that while changing from 1st gear to 2nd gear change in low RPM and at relatively very slow speed it will reduce the friction or hardness u feel while changing the gear,,,,,, I have been driving Jeeps so its the same feeling that one change the jeep gear very smoothly otherwise it also gives the same problem or issue which u are feeling.

Im the first owner of my alto and gear doesnt changes swiftly/smoothly,,,,u have to be accomodative with alto after all its Suzuki assembled in pakistan and not Mercedes,BMW or some other top brand...

lastly dont go to mechanics they will mint money and ur issue will keep on increasing....

regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Community Votes: 3
    You adding friction reducder in gear oil is your gear box problem

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oh bhai

who told you to add a friction reducer to the gear oil in a synchronized gearbox? the synchro use friction to speed up the gears so they can engage smoothly.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Community Votes: 1
    no sir, no noise what so ever. but whenever you put it in gear there is a feel that clutch is no supporting the whole mechanics, as at times sound comes of under-clutch as in half pressed clutch.

i cant find any mechanic in islamabad who can sort this for me, i took it to suzuki workshop they ripped of 400 rupees from me and said that alto mein ye fault ata hai :/
    kuch reason ya b ho sakta synchro kharab kar diye hon gy.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    oh bhai

who told you to add a friction reducer to the gear oil in a synchronized gearbox? the synchro use friction to speed up the gears so they can engage smoothly.
    Nearly all modern gearbox are synchronized gearbox relying on collar dog to shift why liqui moly or should I say for what reasons liqui moly is selling such friction reducer ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    You adding friction reducder in gear oil is your gear box problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    oh bhai

PHUQ :O, that might be the issue. basically the gear oil change was due so i got zic FF and Mr. @ekdrifter advised me to get LM Anti-Friction thing which was 50grams and added to gear oil, that 50 gram tube was for rupees 600 :///

should i get gearbox oil changed? PSO oil is cheap, i shall change to PSO gear oil 75w85 to check whether it really is the masala sold by Liqui moly the REAL culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    kuch reason ya b ho sakta synchro kharab kar diye hon gy.
    salam,

basically when you press clutch (keep it pressed) and go from neutral to 1st gear the gear is hard but when you keep pressing the clutch and take the gear out to N and put it back in 1st the shift is malai and butter smooth until you release the clutch and press it again. ://

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Nearly all modern gearbox are synchronized gearbox relying on collar dog to shift why liqui moly or should I say for what reasons liqui moly is selling such friction reducer ?
    i have no idea sir, do you really think its the anti-friction Liqui Moly i poured in along with gear oil which is the main culprit.

here is the link to the product

LIQUI MOLY - Motor Oils, Additives, Car Care - Products - Gear-Oil Additive

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PHUQ :O, that might be the issue. basically the gear oil change was due so i got zic FF and Mr. @ekdrifter advised me to get LM Anti-Friction thing which was 50grams and added to gear oil, that 50 gram tube was for rupees 600 :///

should i get gearbox oil changed? PSO oil is cheap, i shall change to PSO gear oil 75w85 to check whether it really is the masala sold by Liqui moly the REAL culprit.

salam,

basically when you press clutch (keep it pressed) and go from neutral to 1st gear the gear is hard but when you keep pressing the clutch and take the gear out to N and put it back in 1st the shift is malai and butter smooth until you release the clutch and press it again. ://

i have no idea sir, do you really think its the anti-friction Liqui Moly i poured in along with gear oil which is the main culprit.

haseeb the thing is if LM was an issue it would have done same to my car as our both cars of same model and similar milage
    i have used a lady driven car before and ladies have tendency to burn clutch no offence to lady drivers
    i have discussed this issue with another alto guy in family and he had same issue its an 06 alto btw and single owner till now
    problem was solved when they changed clutch and pressure plate along with wire and its been 3 years that alto has clocked over 40k on new clutch assembly. and yes he was given same answer from suzuki as yeh to normal baat hai but problem is sorted
    gear box of this car isn't from the 70s some of friends here are just talking only engine in account
    but lets see gear box is failry new it came in 90s in cars like maruti 1000 in the 90s which was 5 speed could be same gear box
    mostly 4x4 and loader gears are attached to this motor except whizkid with a 4 speed
    point is ustad clutch ka he rola lagta hai.
    Hanjiii Kaa Storeey Eehh !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Moly friction reducer is not for your gear box
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the friction reducer is for differentials and non synchronized gearboxes. Adding it to your synchro box will cause gear clash (hard to get into gear and crunch noise)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam,

The above highlighted is proving that your clutch friction plate is toasted (glazed over)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Looks like I'll have to get the gear oil changed now :/ as i used the tube....

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar should i use an oil flush to remove the layer of lubrication on the gears or should i just change the fluid?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 usando Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You SHld Have Punch Him In Face And Give Another 400 And Say..."Mere Mein Yeh Fault Ha Whenever I Pay Money For Nothing To Anyone Speaking ********"
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List