36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help : CNG Vneturi for Platz

my 03 maunal tranny platz has recently been burning air filters. the answer to my this query here on Pakwheels was to adjust the spark plug gaps but nothing happened and the problem still is the same. one of the mechanics told me to get the advancer setting corrected, for which i went to Al Mubaril ppl in Islamabad yesterday. they rather convinced me to install the CNG venturi in the car. Now here are my queries.

1. The venturi they have installed is that of Corolla XLi, saying that the same is used for vitz and platz. are they rite? cause it seemed to me a bit lose.

2. The car seems kinda choked at lower RPMs, i wud say maybe till 3300 or so, but then gets excellent after that. what can be the problem

3. He didnt even touch the advancer, and told me the problem wud be solved now. wud it be?

4. as the venturi was installed under the air filter box, the box cudnt be fitted back in place, so he has used extenders to raise the air filter box. is this modification ok?

need help please. i m pretty worried abt all this

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

??
    anyone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes okay. almubarak ppl have specially made parts like that for each car. technically dey do disturb the airflow but not to a significant extent.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@retaliator
    thankx

@all
    can somoene please help me with a lil more details, specific to my questions

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I Think BackFiring Problem And Burning Filters Are Common Problem In Most Of Efi Cars On CNG

To Sort Out That...As I Have Seen People Doing Around....You Need To Get Mixture Adjusted Correctly And Need To Adjust Plugs.....So There Are No Chances Of Backfiring....... Venturi Is There To Introduce Gas Into Intake Manifold When Its On CNG......I Think There Are Not So Much Issues Regarding Venturi.....! It Makes Car Flow Same On Petrol While Having CNG Option Also......!!

Try Looking Around For Some Perfect CNG Mixture Settings Along With Good Spark And Timing So That Chances Of Backfires Are Just Eliminated....!!

Regards
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

advancer relies on one or more outputs from the cars ECUs and the ECUs work on inputs from crankshaft angle sensor plus oxygen plus maybe others. some may be fine tuned but u cannot set their working. they usually work alright. it they dont work they are replaced with some other brand.

car feels choked: 1000 cc vvti engines are that way. if u press accelerator more they vvti system will allow more fuel to be injected but again there is some response time. now with your cng kit installed the response time will be more end result no matter how much u tune ur car you wil still get that choked feeling. i have plat 01 manual and i havnt converted it to cng becuz of this. ookayy one more thing lambda flow control system will make it better. if u think its price is worth it then go for it.

efi cng kits try to match the fuel injection curve of a car on petrol. these two curves never match perfectly. that is why theres loss in power. engine vibrations etc etc.

i wonder how fuel mixture is adjusted in efi cng systems. i thnk the pressure regulator does it automatically and it cannot be adjusted.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sorry for giving the feedback a lil late but i was outta town over the eid. so here it goes

after the venturi, the car was moving excellent but the average dropped DRASTICALLY. my car on 60 kg cylinder in local regularly gives me 170 plus with AC in local and with venturi it ended at 110 km. as i had loadz of running to do over the eid, i got it removed before the eid started, and got it tuned from someone. the results have been outstanding i must say. in my first cylinder from here to abbotabad and back over the weekend, the car gave me average of 225 km with AC on long route with excellent pickup and power.

my verdict...venturi is useless (for me at least) and after the weekend inshallah im gonna return it back to those al mubarik ppl

Belated Eid Mubarik to u all

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List