0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question G-10 Wiper machine = Mission Impossible

I got a Daihatsu Charade G-10 (1982) with lot of broken things. Windshield wipers are one of those things. It was looking like a minor work at first but this thing has become a nightmare for me.

The first electrician replaced the GOTT (a pair of pivot shafts) but when he fixed the assembly, wipers didn?t move at all and wiring started smoking :/

Then I visited the second electrician, this time in Cha Sultan RWP. He told me to replace the motor, I did so cost around 1200 rs. But it didn?t change anything, no movement in wiper arms

Then that guy asked me to fix bushing from kharadia (machinist). I did it, cost around 300. But again, no movement!

Then he decided to do some JUGAADH and had the motor assembly fixed away from original position by welding it to car?s body. The welder charged 200 rs for this jugaadh.

The assembly started moving but when we fixed the wiper arms to the screen (means after putting some load on machine), the wipers stuck. However, after removing passenger side wiper, it started moving with only (driver side) wiper cleaning half windscreen.

Even that half work wasn?t done nice and clean. The movement of single wiper was overshooting the windscreen. He asked me to survive with one wiper. I didn?t have time to start it over again so I decided to ?survive?.

But the survival mode wipers didn?t last long. That jugaadh thing stopped working after wiping water for 4-5 hours of rain. I came back to Cha Sultan again. This time he told me that the assembly is not the genuine, so I should get the one originally made for G-10.

Now I?m confused, I don?t know if it is the original assembly or may be the mechanics don?t know how to fix it. I?m attaching the pictures; please guide me to fix it. This is the only car I have and it becomes useless in rainy days. I have also watched many youtube videos but none of the tutorials are helpful for me.

Thanks very much in advance!

Attached Images Attached Images      

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

99 views and 0 reply

I found a similar thing which could be helpful but the thread starter didn't shared his experience after he found the assembly.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...980-wiper-help

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Bump!

Anyone please?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro dont take Tension my wipers are also not moving right now due to some issue. Actually Desi Mechanics are idiots dont let them do what they want , Just tell them what to do in the rightway. If you were in LHR it will resloved in no time Bilal Gunj Zindabad
    Knowledge is power guard it well !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when you fit the mechanism to the car without the motor - can you rotate it through one movement easily?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    when you fit the mechanism to the car without the motor - can you rotate it through one movement easily?
    Sorry for late reply as I was stuck in some office + family issues.

I removed the motor, and try to move it. It does move but if I put load (attach wiper arm) it just stuck.

Sir actually it looks like the assembly is NOT the original one designed for G-10. What do you suggest I should do to get rid of it? My car is DISABLED now, as it was raining yesterday, I had to take my family in taxi to F-1O to meet our relatives and it cost me three times more + KHAWARI

Bilal Gunjh could be an answer but how can I assure that I'm getting the right part made for G-10? Kabadia can give me anything saying it'll work fine in G-10 I can't take this car to Lahore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In bilal gunj + plus montegomery road they can fix your Issue in no time its a big city they will get the wiper mechanism work one way or the other..
    Knowledge is power guard it well !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Damnation6 View Post
    In bilal gunj + plus montegomery road they can fix your Issue in no time its a big city they will get the wiper mechanism work one way or the other..
    The problem is car can't be driven to Lahore!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my suggestion is to change assembly
    and make a deal that u would only pay if the whole thing works
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hki2000 View Post
    Sorry for late reply as I was stuck in some office + family issues.

I removed the motor, and try to move it. It does move but if I put load (attach wiper arm) it just stuck.

Sir actually it looks like the assembly is NOT the original one designed for G-10. What do you suggest I should do to get rid of it? My car is DISABLED now, as it was raining yesterday, I had to take my family in taxi to F-1O to meet our relatives and it cost me three times more + KHAWARI

Bilal Gunjh could be an answer but how can I assure that I'm getting the right part made for G-10? Kabadia can give me anything saying it'll work fine in G-10 I can't take this car to Lahore
    I was asking that can you move the mechanism without the motor? Or does it bind somewhere?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    my suggestion is to change assembly
    and make a deal that u would only pay if the whole thing works
    That's what I want. Do you know someone in Pindi, if yes, then please give me someone's number/address. I'll remember you in my prayers forever!

I was asking that can you move the mechanism without the motor? Or does it bind somewhere?
    Sir it doesn't stuck, I can move it manually, but I don't know if it's the original assembly because when I got the car, the wiper assembly wasn't working at all

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No one in khoo has assembly? I remember 1 part dealer who used to stock charade parts in khoo.baray nakhray thay us kay.i forgot his name

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its obvious that it will get struck if it is not fixed rightly, i had some problems with my charade wiper machine but when i fixed it rightly, ever since then its working fine no issues at all. if you have tools you can perform a DIY too.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No one in khoo has assembly? I remember 1 part dealer who used to stock charade parts in khoo.baray nakhray thay us kay.i forgot his name
    Agr yaad aa jaey to please tell me, ask someone you know next time you visit Khoo

Quote Originally Posted by overspeed111 View Post
    its obvious that it will get struck if it is not fixed rightly, i had some problems with my charade wiper machine but when i fixed it rightly, ever since then its working fine no issues at all. if you have tools you can perform a DIY too.
    Bro it's properly fixed, nothing is loose but it refuse to move

Today I showed this to another electrician and he asked me to get new motor because this one is too week to take the load. When I asked him that I will not pay anything if it both wiper doesn't work properly, he refused to do my work!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother its not only the weakness of the motor. sometimes the complete electrical path is not providing earth properly thus the potential difference is not enough to allow the motor to work with full zeal.

where are you in ISB? i might be of some help. contact me on 03335120067.

follow below mentioned steps

1- But first thing first you need to get the proper wiper assembly of the ride. find it and get it installed and perform simple test of its free and proper movement with hand once both wipers are attached.

2- verify that the current from your battery and the earths are properly connected and you are getting proper voltage at the motor switch (connector).

3- verify that the toggle switch in the car (the one that turns on the wipers and indicators) is functioning properly.

hopefully this can be resolved once you have the right assembly and right motor installed.

Also stop paying people for jugarhs. u should only pay them once it works properly. IA it will resolve dont worry.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hki2000 View Post
    Agr yaad aa jaey to please tell me, ask someone you know next time you visit Khoo

Bro it's properly fixed, nothing is loose but it refuse to move

Today I showed this to another electrician and he asked me to get new motor because this one is too week to take the load. When I asked him that I will not pay anything if it both wiper doesn't work properly, he refused to do my work!

as @Thinking is saying - the motor needs full juice (amps) to work the wipers. The levers need to be properly setup too, I see that you dont have the little plastic ball sockets for the linkage, with those missing the wipers will work sloppy.

Before all of this - make sure the teeth on the stubs that stick out of the cowling are not worn down. You may need to use some sealant like a bearing locker compound to lock the arms in place on the studs if they are worn smooth - reason to mention this is that if this place is smooth the wiper blades wont move.

The studs themselves stick out through two bushings which can sieze from water and dirt, a soaking in ATF and acetone is required to free them up.

To test the motor, make a jumper wiring and directly power the motor from the battery, if the wipers work the motor is working, if not then you need to overhaul or replace it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

copy paste from an old thread

"Body parts: Janjua Autos Sultan ka Kho 03335195122

Engine parts. in Ahata Mithu Khan: Afser khan 03005524958

Sultan ka kho other parts like steering shocks and blah blah, Akhtar 03005350240 and Qaiser 03335185434.

For new parts in Gawalmandi Shahid Autos 0515552656"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There's a guy near PSO as well in Chah Sultan who soley deals in body parts. Fazal Ur Rehman 0346-8008350. I've found him to be more honest than Janjua Autos and doesnt rip you off.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what is your location, i can perform the motor test that @Xulfiqar mentioned
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Thank you all seniors!

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    where are you in ISB? i might be of some help. contact me on 03335120067.

follow below mentioned steps

1- But first thing first you need to get the proper wiper assembly of the ride. find it and get it installed and perform simple test of its free and proper movement with hand once both wipers are attached.

2- verify that the current from your battery and the earths are properly connected and you are getting proper voltage at the motor switch (connector).

3- verify that the toggle switch in the car (the one that turns on the wipers and indicators) is functioning properly.

hopefully this can be resolved once you have the right assembly and right motor installed.

Also stop paying people for jugarhs. u should only pay them once it works properly. IA it will resolve dont worry.
    Thanks, so kind of you for your help Let me tell you few things:

1) This is the MISSION IMPOSSIBLE and I don't even know if this assembly is the right one made for G-10
    2) Very helpful tip, I will try this at home
    3) Yes, toggle is partially working, means speed adjustment doesn't work but it does work on single speed

And yes, I live between Rawalpindi & Islamabad but now I'm in Gujar Khan for some work, will return home in few days. I'll contact you via whatsapp for more suggestions/help.

as @Thinking is saying - the motor needs full juice (amps) to work the wipers. The levers need to be properly setup too, I see that you dont have the little plastic ball sockets for the linkage, with those missing the wipers will work sloppy.

Before all of this - make sure the teeth on the stubs that stick out of the cowling are not worn down. You may need to use some sealant like a bearing locker compound to lock the arms in place on the studs if they are worn smooth - reason to mention this is that if this place is smooth the wiper blades wont move.

The studs themselves stick out through two bushings which can sieze from water and dirt, a soaking in ATF and acetone is required to free them up.

To test the motor, make a jumper wiring and directly power the motor from the battery, if the wipers work the motor is working, if not then you need to overhaul or replace it.
    a) I'll power it directly by battery to see if it works
    b) Finally you caught some fault! Yes, plastic ball sockets are MISSING, but those are nearly impossible to find. What could be done now? Can we get some made by local ustaad?
    c) No, stub teeth are more than okay, no slipping after tightening nuts. I've already applied lubricant and it's moving freely
    copy paste from an old thread

"Body parts: Janjua Autos Sultan ka Kho 03335195122

Engine parts. in Ahata Mithu Khan: Afser khan 03005524958

Sultan ka kho other parts like steering shocks and blah blah, Akhtar 03005350240 and Qaiser 03335185434.

For new parts in Gawalmandi Shahid Autos 0515552656"

Lets hope they haven't changed their numbers. I'll contact them as soon as I returned home.

Quote Originally Posted by Owais_Yunus View Post
    There's a guy near PSO as well in Chah Sultan who soley deals in body parts. Fazal Ur Rehman 0346-8008350. I've found him to be more honest than Janjua Autos and doesnt rip you off.
    Thanks for showing interest, I'll check him but I guess he only deals 83-88 model charades.

Okay, now I can summarize the possible reasons why it isn't working:

I) Motor could be weak or it is not getting proper current due to worn out wiring
    II) Plastic balls are missing from the joints
    III) The assembly itself is a JUGAADH i.e. another car's assembly modified to partially work but it failed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List