Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rear Drum Brakes to Disc Brakes Conversion (Honda City 2000)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Rear Drum Brakes to Disc Brakes Conversion (Honda City 2000)

Car under consideration: Honda City 2000
    Object of this thread: To have enough reliable input from experience of members to make a decision to go for conversion if possible, or simply abandom the idea
    Why this idea: Under consideration car already have reliable braking system and i dont have objections over it, if all goes well all this because of contributing some real good to machine
    Current status of searching: On internet last couple of days searching only took this far that idea is implementable and successfully done already from 60's cars to todays car's, but it didnt yield any video for such conversion, All i came up with words like " you need a conversion kit for it"
    Timeline: Approx. two months for brain storming

I beleive its pretty much to get rolling

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kindly do share the info about beneficiaries of this talk...also do share your experience as to how much useful the input has been

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadbila View Post
    i HAD a hypervalve city exis back in 2001.was a lovely car,but sadly got accidented badly
    You were 10 years old in 2001, and you had a Honda City?

@Mahmood - I say you go along with this project. Though I've found the original brakes of 2000-2003 city pretty satisfactory.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if one can find, get the whole assembly including P valve, vaccum valves, the ratio of oil flow is different for rear disc brake and rear drum brake so use correct jets - once again getting the complete assembly makes things easlier than trail and error.
    about handbrake get the cable with proper ends, people can remove drum brake end and clamp disc end , wire is normally slightly shorter for disc brake.

about hubs , rotors, get them cleaned , use new brake pads all four wheels helps getting stable braking.

Most mechanics in Pk come up with their theory, dont go along with till yr satisfied their idea matches with yours to avoid trouble later.

dual brake boosters also help

last but not least dont buy dusty, rusted stuff. in Pk everything gets dirty very fast , some parts are not to be left open in dust but sellers dont care.
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i saw a margalla in lahore which had rear discs the guy seemed friendly so i asked him how he did it, he said that he had got them from dubai they are universal so they can be fitted onto any car and i saw it with my own eyes it was a bolt on job without alteration.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List