Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 26.2 km/l after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 26.2 km/l after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken!

Asalam o Aalaikum Wr Wb,

Ok so my aim was to get 30 Km/l but I did a few mistakes which I am sure I can fix in my next trip.

Here is a link to the last 'record' made by Honda Malaysia: Honda City i-DSI gets 26.2km per liter in fuel economy challenge

Anyway, so I was at 26.0 km/l when I was coming out of the Islamabad-interchange:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019031

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019032

By the time I reached home (from Islamabad interchange to Gulzar-e-Quaid) the average increased by 0.2 kpl. The final kilometers per liter I got when I was standing in front of my house was 26.2 Km/l:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019033

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019034

Total trip (from Peshawar to Islamabad) till my house cost me:

Code:
    183km/26.2 = 6.98 Liters
    6.98 liters x Rs. 68.02 = Rs. 475
    This was not high octane. It was normal fuel. Speed was around 80 Km/h. There was only me in the car (single person load) with absolutely no air conditioning. I started driving near Maghrib so AC wasn't needed.

For the record: If anyone who finds it difficult to believe, feel free to visit me. I am near Gulzar-e-Quaid and the car is still showing this reading.

Thanks!

For those who are going blab about electronic mileage calculators being not accurate:
    (why does my comment keep loosing text formatting?)

We're all only comparing "the average displayed in the trip calculator.."

And please, I am not claiming that I have 'officially broken the world record.' Please, take it easy! There's nothing to be worried about here. You can do this too!

Now, for the love of God, please read this carefully because your not-so-valuable-comments about electronic mileage calculators is not required in this thread:

The needle that shows how much fuel is remaining in the car 'does not' check the amount of fuel left in the tank all the time. It checks it only on refills. It only brings the needle down by seeing how much 'average' someone is making. Not by checking the fuel tank again and again. << = This is a very important line. Please read this aloud 5 times if you're missing it.

This means its much more accurate than our assumptions.

If you put CNG in Honda City and drive the car on CNG, the fuel needle still falls down normally (but goes back up after you've turned off the car and a there is a huge difference in the remaining fuel and the needle's position).

If people at Honda have considered this to be so much trust worthy, I don't see why we cannot do the same. They are showing the remaining fuel to the diver. That's a very critical thing to play with.

Another simple fact of the matter is, I am talking about "the average displayed in the car" (if its considered to be inaccurate, Honda is to be blamed, not the driver).

Say to the believing men.. www.muhammadbinyusrat.com/blog/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by badar7 View Post
    these figures r always inacurate,my exp was on new rolla,calculate urself!!
    They might be in accurate to a degree, but if you put 1100 rupees of Petrol in your car when its completely empty and drive it from Rawalpindi to Peshawar and back without refueling it, it pretty much proves the point.

If I am getting 25 Kpl, and my car stops after 200 kilometers in 500 rupees of Petrol, this means its way more than accurate and can be trusted very easily.

However, if it shows 25 KPL and doesn't even do 100 Kilometers, I would find out very soon that this is not trustable.

I cannot say anything about your experience with Corolla. Corolla would never ever produce magical figures. It doesn't show average above 15.

I personally have not found any reason to not believe these trip calculators besides some peoples "personal opinions" which don't matter at the least degree.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by moak89 View Post
    i was not talkin about cng. i said acetone.
    check this out...might help u get even better mileage.
    Yes sir, no one said that you're talking about CNG. We know what acetone is. Acetone is actually a bit risky to mix with the fuel tank.

You should look at this another video about acetone:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for elaborating.. NOW it does make some sense .

Quote Originally Posted by BilalYusrat View Post
    If there is a difference in the size of the cylinder, it can still be calibrated. If a car has 40KG Cylinder (its not "L" by the way its "KG") than it probably gets 6 KGs of CNG in it, which is almost 350 Rupees of CNG.
    BTW cylinder volume/capacity is defined in Litres e.g 55 L where L stands for litre. you can see it engraved on the cylinder near its neck.

if you disagree, then explain why according to you does a 40KG cylinder only get 6kg of CNG in it.
    ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smijaz View Post
    Thanks for elaborating.. NOW it does make some sense .

BTW cylinder volume/capacity is defined in Litres e.g 55 L where L stands for litre. you can see it engraved on the cylinder near its neck.

if you disagree, then explain why according to you does a 40KG cylinder only get 6kg of CNG in it.
    ?
    CNG (or be it any gas) is not measured in liters. Liter is a unit of calculating fluids.

There is a thing called GGE but that also is not the same as KGs.

A cylinder is 40 KGs means its weight is 40 KG. It has technically nothing to do with its capacity.

Also, the capacity of a cylinder matters a lot on the pressure you are filling it with. If you have 300 bars of pressure, you can put 9 Kgs of CNG in a 40KG cylinder easily. But 300 bars is no where to be found in Pakistan.

If you read 40 Liters on a cylinder that carries gas, I assume it was wrong.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

40 liters cylinder means its water carrying capacity is 40 liters of water. 55 liters cylinder means its water carrying capacity is 55 liters of water. And so on.

I hope that clears out any ambiguities.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bango View Post
    40 liters cylinder means its water carrying capacity is 40 liters of water. 55 liters cylinder means its water carrying capacity is 55 liters of water. And so on.

I hope that clears out any ambiguities.
    Right, which leads us to the conclusion that a 40L cylinder does not necessarily need to be 40 KGs in weight as well, correct?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exactly - we are not to be concerned with the weight of the cylinder itself. Its the volume we should be concerned about since the gauge of metal sheet used in different qualities of cylinders may vary.

E.g. When buying two liters of milk, we will be concerned about the volume of our 'jug', not its weight.

A 500 gram plastic jug may have the volume capacity of two liters, and a 3 kg metal jug may also have the volume capacity of 2 liters.
    A Post-Wh0re is a user who's only aim in life is to increase his post count. He/she gets off by receiving likes and mentions, and considers his post count a medal on his skinny chest. A post-Wh0re is the human equivalent of Chihuahua..bickering pointlessly, effortlessly, permanently.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

saving so much fuel is only needed when u are running out of fuel and want to reach your destination in that fuel which is left. Else you should enjoy your ride and atleast rev upto 3k rpm, keep the AC on, floor the throttle when someone is trying to have a race with you and enjoy in normal driving without worrying about these hyper milling sort of stuff

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Right, which leads us to the conclusion that a 40L cylinder does not necessarily need to be 40 KGs in weight as well, correct?
    yes. theres a lot of difference between weights of cylinders. just for example, a 55 kgs Faber cylinder is 12 kgs lighter than a 55 kgs EKC cylinder....i weighed them both myself...and as a routine rule, the lighter the cylinder is, the more expensive it would be

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheer11 View Post
    saving so much fuel is only needed when u are running out of fuel and want to reach your destination in that fuel which is left. Else you should enjoy your ride and atleast rev upto 3k rpm, keep the AC on, floor the throttle when someone is trying to have a race with you and enjoy in normal driving without worrying about these hyper milling sort of stuff
    Speeding is not enjoying, its just a way to feed your immature self.

Basically, people who like to speed up are the ones who probably feel that they are not as important as some other people may be, so they end up with the feeling that if they drive faster, people will think that they are attractive and give them importance.

Sadly, no one gives a damn.

I enjoy driving slow. I enjoy looking at the sights around the road. The motorway is surrounded by some nice fields and things that are soothing to eyes. A mature person would never feel comfortable by speeding up.

Keeping the AC on is not a problem and does not really conflict hypermiling. In fact, opening windows causes more drag and wear than AC would cause if the fan is running at lower speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaheer11 View Post
    saving so much fuel is only needed when u are running out of fuel and want to reach your destination in that fuel which is left. E
    I would like to drive in a way that I enjoy (slow, and calm), and still save fuel.

There is no point in driving fast. Really.

I mean if all you're going to do after reaching your destination is sit down and ****, then you better drive slow and save some money.

This speeding reminds me of a waqiyah, that I would like to quote here:

Eik dafa eik angraiz pakistan aya, us ne dekha ke train ka pathak close ho raha tha kiuke train aa rahi thi. Eik Pakistani jo cycle par sawar tha, cycle sae utra, cycle haath main utha lee aur phatak cross kar ke dosri taraf chala giya.

Agraiz ne soocha ke yar main waisay he samjhta tha ke Pakistanio ko waqt ki qadar nahi hai, dekho isne kitna time save kiya hai aur ab yeh ja kar koi zaroori kaam karay ga.

Jab train guzar gai.. to wohi cycle wala eik bandar ka tamasha dekhne ke liye ruka hoa tha side par..

Think, literally, how many people actually do productive stuff after reaching home. I mean I'm sure there must be students, there must be business men etc, but HOW MANY loose money because they reached their destinations 15 minutes later?

That's the whole difference it puts. Maximum 15 minutes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That is a great post BilalYusrat. You make a valid argument in support of your philosophy.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    yes. theres a lot of difference between weights of cylinders. just for example, a 55 kgs Faber cylinder is 12 kgs lighter than a 55 kgs EKC cylinder....i weighed them both myself...and as a routine rule, the lighter the cylinder is, the more expensive it would be
    But accordign to bango's comments, all the hype about 55 KG cylinder is crap. There is no such thing as 55 KG cylinder since the capacity does not reflect the volume it can carry?

In other words, there is no such thing as 40KG, 50 KG or 55 KG cylinder, correct?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bilal - At room temperature, 1 Liter of water = 1 kg of water. (we buy milk in kilos as well, right?)...so 55kg or 55liters is pretty much the same. The key is to know that the number is its water carrying capacity

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it does only reflect the volume it can carry...it doesnt reflect anything else

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes sir, no one said that you're talking about CNG. We know what acetone is. Acetone is actually a bit risky to mix with the fuel tank.

You should look at this another video about acetone:

thanks for the info bro. i did not know about it as much. great info. keep up yr good work
    www.TheTweakShop.pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bango View Post
    Bilal - At room temperature, 1 Liter of water = 1 kg of water.
    1 Liter of water is 1 Kilogram.. not at room temperature, but at 4 °C. I just got that from WikiAnswers - How much does one liter of water weigh

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda - The Power of Dreams

Amazing stuff by Bilal. I know New Honda City (NHC) has amazing fuel average as well as power. 100 hps from a SOHC 1.3 litre Ivtec drive by wire engine, compared to just 85 Hp from Corolla 1.3 Litre DOHC engine...

NHC Gives u best of both worlds!

Bilal, the RON requirements of L13Z engine in new Honda City is 92 RON which even Honda ppl do not know. While most of us here in pakistan are dragging it on Super with average of 87 RON, I did some research since i bought my NHC and have been running it with 50 50 mix by volume of Hi Oct n Super. Once u do this you will notice it revs faster through the higher rpms which otherwise on super is a bit sluggish as the engine pulls ignition timing to compensate for knock (the wise knock sensor comes into play).

Asalam o Aalaikum Wr Wb,

Ok so my aim was to get 30 Km/l but I did a few mistakes which I am sure I can fix in my next trip.

Here is a link to the last 'record' made by Honda Malaysia: Honda City i-DSI gets 26.2km per liter in fuel economy challenge

Anyway, so I was at 26.0 km/l when I was coming out of the Islamabad-interchange:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019332

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019333

By the time I reached home (from Islamabad interchange to Gulzar-e-Quaid) the average increased by 0.2 kpl. The final kilometers per liter I got when I was standing in front of my house was 26.2 Km/l:

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019334

262 kml after 180 Kilometers - Honda City official world record broken! -1019335

Total trip (from Peshawar to Islamabad) till my house cost me:

Code:
    183km/26.2 = 6.98 Liters
    6.98 liters x Rs. 68.02 = Rs. 475
    This was not high octane. It was normal fuel. Speed was around 80 Km/h. There was only me in the car (single person load) with absolutely no air conditioning. I started driving near Maghrib so AC wasn't needed.

For the record: If anyone who finds it difficult to believe, feel free to visit me. I am near Gulzar-e-Quaid and the car is still showing this reading.

Thanks!

For those who are going blab about electronic mileage calculators being not accurate:
    (why does my comment keep loosing text formatting?)

We're all only comparing "the average displayed in the trip calculator.."

And please, I am not claiming that I have 'officially broken the world record.' Please, take it easy! There's nothing to be worried about here. You can do this too!

Now, for the love of God, please read this carefully because your not-so-valuable-comments about electronic mileage calculators is not required in this thread:

The needle that shows how much fuel is remaining in the car 'does not' check the amount of fuel left in the tank all the time. It checks it only on refills. It only brings the needle down by seeing how much 'average' someone is making. Not by checking the fuel tank again and again. << = This is a very important line. Please read this aloud 5 times if you're missing it.

This means its much more accurate than our assumptions.

If you put CNG in Honda City and drive the car on CNG, the fuel needle still falls down normally (but goes back up after you've turned off the car and a there is a huge difference in the remaining fuel and the needle's position).

If people at Honda have considered this to be so much trust worthy, I don't see why we cannot do the same. They are showing the remaining fuel to the diver. That's a very critical thing to play with.

Another simple fact of the matter is, I am talking about "the average displayed in the car" (if its considered to be inaccurate, Honda is to be blamed, not the driver).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BeverlyHills View Post
    Amazing stuff by Bilal. I know New Honda City (NHC) has amazing fuel average as well as power. 100 hps from a SOHC 1.3 litre Ivtec drive by wire engine, compared to just 85 Hp from Corolla 1.3 Litre DOHC engine...

NHC Gives u best of both worlds!

Bilal, the RON requirements of L13Z engine in new Honda City is 92 RON which even Honda ppl do not know. While most of us here in pakistan are dragging it on Super with average of 87 RON, I did some research since i bought my NHC and have been running it with 50 50 mix by volume of Hi Oct n Super. Once u do this you will notice it revs faster through the higher rpms which otherwise on super is a bit sluggish as the engine pulls ignition timing to compensate for knock (the wise knock sensor comes into play).
    You know Umer, I think one of the factors that makes it a better fuel efficient car (as compared to some other cars may be) is its better power to weight ratio. 85 HP VVTi can not pull off a car that weights about 30% more than our NHC. And so, in turn, it sips more fuel to equalize the effect.

I have heard people getting 21 KPL with Honda Civics (1.8L) with a little careful driving. So power to weight ratio is probably one of the factors.

As far as the ON average of our fuel is concerned, I use higher ON only to the extent that helps me get rid of knocking. I generally mix 500 Rupees of Hi-Octane with rest of the normal lower RON petrol and that pretty much removes the knocking. Which is great.

Experimenting obviously is good. The F-6 (aircraft) could not start until you put an extremely flammable fuel in it. Benzene was used to start it back when my father used to work with planes. If you put a small portion of this in to your fuel tank, I think you will see some magical results. It will be like NOS. But obviously its not the best practice for your engine's health.

In the Air Force, if you get a 2L pack of Benzene to start a plane, and you use, say, 1/4L from it, the rest of the benzene is supposed to be thrown away. I don't know what's the point of that, but they do it. This useless benzene is useless for planes, but not entirely useless for everything.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1 Liter of water is 1 Kilogram.. not at room temperature, but at 4 °C. I just got that from WikiAnswers - How much does one liter of water weigh
    From the above link..

"However, the change is very small at most temperatures, and so to a very close approximation, the weight of 1 liter of water is 1 kg at most temperatures. "

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

User Tag List