Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda City 2010 Clutch Issue

Salaam,

I have Honda City 2010 Manual, I am facing issue with its Clutch most probably. Issue is this that sometimes when there is little inclined upside and I drive car in half clutch then car take a lot of jerks from front wheels.

When I went to Honda Fort to check this issue, I was unable to reproduce this issue. It does not happen very often.

Any idea?

Thanks
    Ali

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since you mentioned that you face this problem on a ramp and you could'nt simulate that effect infront of honda guys (probably it was a flat floor or road), you probably are experiencing a wheels spin when you release the clutch (its a normal process one experiences especially on home garage ramps). This wheel spin on a shiny or dirt covered ramp is felt as jerks to a person sitting inside the car without that screeching sound.

However, if you feel that jerk everytime you drive on a road, that can be a sign of bad clutch/pressure plate. And since its only 2010 model (assuming its mileage to be around 30-40k at max), then you need to change your driving habit as normally clutches dont wear out that early unless you keep constant foot on the clutch while driving.
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rustam54 View Post
    Since you mentioned that you face this problem on a ramp and you could'nt simulate that effect infront of honda guys (probably it was a flat floor or road), you probably are experiencing a wheels spin when you release the clutch (its a normal process one experiences especially on home garage ramps). This wheel spin on a shiny or dirt covered ramp is felt as jerks to a person sitting inside the car without that screeching sound.

However, if you feel that jerk everytime you drive on a road, that can be a sign of bad clutch/pressure plate. And since its only 2010 model (assuming its mileage to be around 30-40k at max), then you need to change your driving habit as normally clutches dont wear out that early unless you keep constant foot on the clutch while driving.
    There is not wheel spin, Even I face same issue sometimes when go from Signals. When car start moving at that time this issue happens and I never keep my foot constant on clutch while driving. I use Foot rest on Floor all the time.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Then there is a mild sign of clutch wearing out too early. Whats the mileage of car, does any one else drive other than you?

Its a 3 year warranty car, dont let the dealership guys test it on their own. Rather call honda factory and ask them to pass you on to field engineers section. One will surely respond. State your problem and ask when will the engineer be there (honda fort, city sales or any other). Its only the field engineer who can classify a problem as warranty case. And marks the dealership guys to fix that out including new parts instalment.

But please, do figure out when the car behaves odd so that you can strongly present your case.
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and dont think warranty is just another joke. My friend bought a 11 city and had noise in the steering rack & pinion assembly just after one month of use. He took it to dealership, demonstarted the problem, and they replaced the faulty steering assembly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yup.... there is this thing in new city's clutch... its very hard to get used to. normally when i drive a new (cars other then mine) i get used to the clutch within 2-3 kilometers.but even after driving a friend's new city 2010 for a few thousand kilometers, i ve not been able to get my foot perfected on it... no matter how cautious i remain, i ALWAYS induce this jerk thing in first gear when getting off from still... dont know whats wrong with it... but my guess is that its quite possible that the electronic throttle (drive by wire) is the thing actually causing it, as it does not responds same as a wire accelerator...
    When the power of love exceeds the love for power, the world will finally know peace=Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List