Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up My new ride Honda City Aspire 1.5 Prosmatec

Asalam-e-Alakum Everyone,
    Couple of days back I created a thread https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-brand-fanboys to help me in making a decision wether to go for a GLI or Honda City as I was totally confused about both of them. Got some great suggestions from everyone who replied on that thread but it was @huzaifaa who very patiently answered almost all my questions regarding both of the brands in our phone conversation and after the call I had made up my mind to go with Honda City Aspire 1.5

I got the delivery of the car today and drove it for like 14 KM's and I think that I made the right decision. I really enjoyed the automatic transmission as this is my first car which is automatic. Also the Navigation Unit is having some great features in it. Back view camera is also very decent. Overall I would say that I am impressed by this car. One thing though the fuel gauge is not working and the reserve light is continuously on even after adding 15 litres petrol in it so I am going to visit 3s to fix this and also to get a Cabin Air Filter installed. Engine shield is already installed in it though I do remember reading it somewhere on Pakwheels that you need to install it to make sure the engine bay is clean.

Update: As per @mustafa8228 recommendation had the car tank filled. The fuel gauge is not faulty. It is working fine. The Honda folks I guess added just one litre petrol to it and that is why even after filling of worth Rs 1000/- the needle showed negligible movement and was still showing as on reserve.

So here are some of the pics of the Aspire. Please do say Mashallah and also please recommend me a suitable tire size and brand for it.

My new ride Honda City Aspire 15 Prosmatec -1252939
    My new ride Honda City Aspire 15 Prosmatec -1252947

My new ride Honda City Aspire 15 Prosmatec -1252948

My new ride Honda City Aspire 15 Prosmatec -1252949
    My new ride Honda City Aspire 15 Prosmatec -1253545
    My new ride Honda City Aspire 15 Prosmatec -1253546
    My new ride Honda City Aspire 15 Prosmatec -1253547

Are you thinking what I'm thinking that I think that you're thinking I'm thinking because if you think that I think what I think I'm thinking then we've got a problem?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilalafzaldogar View Post
    Congratzzz bro looking forward to milage .... Really love this car in this color
    Buddy the mileage cannot be calculated till I have the fuel gauge fixed. It still shows it as on reserve even after adding 15 litres of petrol in it. Will get it fixed and will update about the mileage but it is prosmatec so mileage might not be accurate for almost first 5K km's.
    Are you thinking what I'm thinking that I think that you're thinking I'm thinking because if you think that I think what I think I'm thinking then we've got a problem?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2126 View Post
    How much it cost you in total including insurance registration and other staff
    1.8 Million is the invoice price. Rest insurance is costing around 60K. Registration offered by Honda Center Rawalpindi is costing around 85K.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmanuetian View Post
    Ma sha Allah
    congrats...
    Allah naseeb karay...drive safe...
    Quote Originally Posted by hasooboy View Post
    Congrats nice Purchase

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks fellas.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smoke87 View Post
    Thanks mate. Several people who owns City said that it is good to have Cabin Air Filter installed. Also 185/65/R15 should be of what brand in your opinion for city as I think you also own one ?
    i wud still say cabin filter is a waste...
    a friend had installed 185/65R15 yokohama A drive in his city and they are really good .. the steering becomes even lighter and there's an improvemnt in the hard suspension too.. if u find fresh stock of NITTO tyres , go for them as they have greater road grip.. had them in my civic , personally found them better than A drive which i currently have on it

as per my city , im driving on stock tyres as it is only run in lahore , never on a highway... but i wud advise u to change them

the tyres which i got , eurostar , were of good quality ,, has been about a year and havnt been punctured even once yet

.. can u share some pics of the multimedia functions ?? heard it shows run time , fuel consumption and other quantitative stuff about milage etx..
    For those ten seconds or less, I'm free

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mustafa8228 View Post
    i wud still say cabin filter is a waste...
    a friend had installed 185/65R15 yokohama A drive in his city and they are really good .. the steering becomes even lighter and there's an improvemnt in the hard suspension too.. if u find fresh stock of NITTO tyres , go for them as they have greater road grip.. had them in my civic , personally found them better than A drive which i currently have on it

as per my city , im driving on stock tyres as it is only run in lahore , never on a highway... but i wud advise u to change them

the tyres which i got , eurostar , were of good quality ,, has been about a year and havnt been punctured even once yet

.. can u share some pics of the multimedia functions ?? heard it shows run time , fuel consumption and other quantitative stuff about milage etx..

Yes I will be changing the tires very soon. I do have pic of Multimedia functions but it is not very clear so I am going to take a decent one and post here. But to be honest I found it way better than the expectation I had after reading some of the reviews on Pakwheels about it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

But to be honest I found it way better than the expectation I had after reading some of the reviews on Pakwheels about it.
    the multimedia or the car ??

havnt seen/operated multimedia of city yet .. know nothing about it
    but the pics ive seen , its interface looks a little boring , like samsung touch phones back in 2009 which were without android (star etx) and a little china touch too .. clear my misunderstandings , if any

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Stock kay ilawa agar koi aur size lagwana hoo tou ? To be honest I am not that much concerned about suspension warranty anyways.
    185/65/15 quite reasonable option, i am having good experince with yokohama c drive in my corolla its quite soft tier
    well i also have one city 1.3 but still on stock hard euro star tiers
    www.facebook.com/AhmadYarsAutoSpa

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the multimedia or the car ??

havnt seen/operated multimedia of city yet .. know nothing about it
    but the pics ive seen , its interface looks a little boring , like samsung touch phones back in 2009 which were without android (star etx) and a little china touch too .. clear my misunderstandings , if any

No the multimedia of the car. It is much much better in terms of functionality now. The maps are also great and there is no China touch thing in it. Touch is also pretty responsive like any android phone. The Honda Sales executive told me that they have changed the unit recently in June I guess and all cars are coming with this new unit so I guess you are talking about the old one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    185/65/15 quite reasonable option, i am having good experince with yokohama c drive in my corolla its quite soft tier
    well i also have one city 1.3 but still on stock hard euro star tiers
    How about Dunlop SP Sport ? Also heard Yoko Advan DB is good. Is it ? I can arrange them from Peshawar Tyre Market.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Masha'Allah ! congratulations bro !
    do share average and info regarding drive etc
    The men are back. @TGT.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hamza_xeg View Post
    Masha'Allah ! congratulations bro !
    do share average and info regarding drive etc

I checked a while back and it was showing me 6.5 km/litre on the odo meter however I am assuming that is because the fuel gauge is not working properly. I have heard that the mileage is going to be much better after 5K Km run. Drive is great. Overall I would say I am impressed by it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MashAllah congratulation

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I checked a while back and it was showing me 6.5 km/litre on the odo meter however I am assuming that is because the fuel gauge is not working properly. I have heard that the mileage is going to be much better after 5K Km run. Drive is great. Overall I would say I am impressed by it.
    its a myth that fuel consumption efficiency will get better after 5000 or 10,000 kms... it will not.. tried and tested in my city

its giving me 12.5 - 13.5kmpl in winters (without AC) and between 10.5-11kmpl in summers (with AC at all times) since day 1
    and these figures are not what the odo shows .. these are practically calculated by me...reading on the odo is ALWAYS OVERSTATED by around 10-15%... if u put in 20 liters of petrol when tank is empty , it shows a range of around 300km (where it is 0 before refill ), but actually it does around 220-240km

now i dont know if there's a problem in fuel tank or not , but when i took mine out of the showroom , petrol was completely empty . i had put petrol worth Rs1000 and the fuel hand barely moved.. its reserve got filled which is not recognised by the odo... the factory fills it with mere 3 liters...

and as per your odo showing a ridiculous 6.5kmpl , i think u r reving up the engine too high , or that its due to PT , or that the engine was turned on for quite a lot of time without covering any distance.. have u tried resetting the trip and get a new average?
    keep rpm below 3000 to get a better economy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MashAllah nice ride. congrats on the purchase.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guage ka masla ho ga..
    i personally love the interior of the new city,not driven it but taken a ride in it, bahgti bhe hai kafi.. :p :p
    The men are back. @TGT.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and there is no China touch thing in it. Touch is also pretty responsive like any android phone.
    i was not referring to the responsiveness of the finger touch .. it meant that its interface had a china touch as in boring interface like of Q mobiles non-android and other chinese things in market .. maybe a chinese iphone of Rs5000...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its a myth that fuel consumption efficiency will get better after 5000 or 10,000 kms... it will not.. tried and tested in my city

its giving me 12.5 - 13.5kmpl in winters (without AC) and between 10.5-11kmpl in summers (with AC at all times) since day 1
    and these figures are not what the odo shows .. these are practically calculated by me...reading on the odo is ALWAYS OVERSTATED by around 10-15%... if u put in 20 liters of petrol when tank is empty , it shows a range of around 300km (where it is 0 before refill ), but actually it does around 220-240km

now i dont know if there's a problem in fuel tank or not , but when i took mine out of the showroom , petrol was completely empty . i had put petrol worth Rs1000 and the fuel hand barely moved.. its reserve got filled which is not recognised by the odo... the factory fills it with mere 3 liters...

and as per your odo showing a ridiculous 6.5kmpl , i think u r reving up the engine too high , or that its due to PT , or that the engine was turned on for quite a lot of time without covering any distance.. have u tried resetting the trip and get a new average?
    keep rpm below 3000 to get a better economy

I am usually a calm driver so I do not think it is because of not keeping a light foot. PT cannot be that low. I think it is because of gauge issue but now that I think of it like you I also added like 10 litres to it after taking the car out of Showroom so I guess better for me would be to have the tank filled completely ? What do you think ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How about Dunlop SP Sport ? Also heard Yoko Advan DB is good. Is it ? I can arrange them from Peshawar Tyre Market.
    advan db quite famous on pw, infact michlin engery also good tier, i am not fan of dunlop they are hard tier and not good on roads like us, definatly dunlop doing very good in western countries
    i would also recommand to go for after market engine oil like caltex fully synthetic 5w/40 engine oil , it will give u visible differnce in drive smooth engine noise, better acceleration and improve fuel avg , my 1.3 city with manual gear doing 14.5 avg in city drive with ac on 1 speed
    www.facebook.com/AhmadYarsAutoSpa

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am usually a calm driver so I do not think it is because of not keeping a light foot. PT cannot be that low. I think it is because of gauge issue but now that I think of it like you I also added like 10 litres to it after taking the car out of Showroom so I guess better for me would be to have the tank filled completely ? What do you think ?
    my nani has a city'09 Auto .. and the average which is shown on the odo is 10kmpl +/- 0.5 while my manual shows around 14 in winters and currently showing 12 i.e with AC , so yes the PT drinks little more

in order to know the exact fuel consumption , full the tank completely on auto , reset trip meter.. (this will also reset the average) drive till the fuel is exhausted .. refill on auto and see the liters put in.. divide trip reading with the liters and ull have yr average.. compare with what is shown on odo

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    caltex fully synthetic 5w/40 engine oil , it will give u visible differnce in .................. and improve fuel avg , my 1.3 city with manual gear doing 14.5 avg in city drive with ac on 1 speed
    i dont think there's any difference in fuel average by using synthetic oil

does it really make any difference using AC on speed 1,2,3 or 4?? i think not , coz the AC motor will remain on and put the same amt of resistance on the engine.. the difference will be seen if u lower the thermostat.. correct me if im wrong

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List