Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up My new ride Honda City Aspire 1.5 Prosmatec

Asalam-e-Alakum Everyone,
    Couple of days back I created a thread https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-brand-fanboys to help me in making a decision wether to go for a GLI or Honda City as I was totally confused about both of them. Got some great suggestions from everyone who replied on that thread but it was @huzaifaa who very patiently answered almost all my questions regarding both of the brands in our phone conversation and after the call I had made up my mind to go with Honda City Aspire 1.5

I got the delivery of the car today and drove it for like 14 KM's and I think that I made the right decision. I really enjoyed the automatic transmission as this is my first car which is automatic. Also the Navigation Unit is having some great features in it. Back view camera is also very decent. Overall I would say that I am impressed by this car. One thing though the fuel gauge is not working and the reserve light is continuously on even after adding 15 litres petrol in it so I am going to visit 3s to fix this and also to get a Cabin Air Filter installed. Engine shield is already installed in it though I do remember reading it somewhere on Pakwheels that you need to install it to make sure the engine bay is clean.

Update: As per @mustafa8228 recommendation had the car tank filled. The fuel gauge is not faulty. It is working fine. The Honda folks I guess added just one litre petrol to it and that is why even after filling of worth Rs 1000/- the needle showed negligible movement and was still showing as on reserve.

So here are some of the pics of the Aspire. Please do say Mashallah and also please recommend me a suitable tire size and brand for it.

My new ride Honda City Aspire 15 Prosmatec -1252939
    My new ride Honda City Aspire 15 Prosmatec -1252947

My new ride Honda City Aspire 15 Prosmatec -1252948

My new ride Honda City Aspire 15 Prosmatec -1252949
    My new ride Honda City Aspire 15 Prosmatec -1253545
    My new ride Honda City Aspire 15 Prosmatec -1253546
    My new ride Honda City Aspire 15 Prosmatec -1253547

Are you thinking what I'm thinking that I think that you're thinking I'm thinking because if you think that I think what I think I'm thinking then we've got a problem?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations smoke87 !! Finally you got you ride

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I believe new city now comes with one spare key right? I also total 2 keys with my car last week.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congrats and now better get Yokohama C-Drive (185/65R15)...I would say exceptional tyre if you want good comfort, superb handling capabilities including braking and cornering in wet and dry conditions!!!

This tyre is made to offer sportier performance with luxury comfort due to its asymmetrical tread design!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche1 View Post
    I believe new city now comes with one spare key right? I also total 2 keys with my car last week.

Yes it comes with 2 Keys. I got two myself. And yeah thanks for the wishes Mate.
    Are you thinking what I'm thinking that I think that you're thinking I'm thinking because if you think that I think what I think I'm thinking then we've got a problem?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rohban427 View Post
    Congrats and now better get Yokohama C-Drive (185/65R15)...I would say exceptional tyre if you want good comfort, superb handling capabilities including braking and cornering in wet and dry conditions!!!

This tyre is made to offer sportier performance with luxury comfort due to its asymmetrical tread design!!!

Alright I will keep Yoko C Drive in mind when getting the tires changed. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    i would also recommand to go for after market engine oil like caltex fully synthetic 5w/40 engine oil , it will give u visible differnce in drive smooth engine noise, better acceleration and improve fuel avg , my 1.3 city with manual gear doing 14.5 avg in city drive with ac on 1 speed

Somebody correct me if I am wrong but going for any other oil other than Honda Engine Oil will void the warranty. Isn't that the case Ahmed Bhai ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sunny234 View Post
    MashAllah nice ride. congrats on the purchase.

Thanks Mate.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mustafa8228 View Post
    my nani has a city'09 Auto .. and the average which is shown on the odo is 10kmpl +/- 0.5 while my manual shows around 14 in winters and currently showing 12 i.e with AC , so yes the PT drinks little more

in order to know the exact fuel consumption , full the tank completely on auto , reset trip meter.. (this will also reset the average) drive till the fuel is exhausted .. refill on auto and see the liters put in.. divide trip reading with the liters and ull have yr average.. compare with what is shown on odo

If your Nani is getting 10 Km/Litre approx in her 09 Auto than mine is going to be further less I guess as her's City is 1300 CC and Mine is 1500 CC . Correct ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smoke87 View Post
    If your Nani is getting 10 Km/Litre approx in her 09 Auto than mine is going to be further less I guess as her's City is 1300 CC and Mine is 1500 CC . Correct ?
    its in the hands of the driver 90% of the time... but even when i have it for 3-4 days , ive seen that it does consume more fuel than a manual.. generally autos consume more than manuals.. expect your car to actually do around 11 with AC and 12 w/o AC.. that is 1kmpl less than what i get in my 1.3L... civics 1.8L do 10 , yours shud do more
    not much difference between a 1.5 and 1.3L .. depends on the way u drive it... if i get rash , ill get 8kmpl from my 1.3L and if u drive economically u can get 13kmpl from your 1.5L(if manual)
    For those ten seconds or less, I'm free

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

185/65 is NOT the recommended size for this car. The next best from the stock size is 195/60/R15, which means a less than 1% difference from stock tyre diameter. 185/65 is like 2-3% change and it doesn't look good visually either.
    I currently have Yokohama ES100 but I'll be changing to something softer and less noisy. Advan DB are insanely difficult to find and are selling at inflated rates. Someone quoted me 11k per tyre. Not worth it IMO. You can get Michelin XM2 for around 9k per tyre.
    Respect others opinions and they'll respect yours.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by darthvader View Post
    185/65 is NOT the recommended size for this car. The next best from the stock size is 195/60/R15, which means a less than 1% difference from stock tyre diameter. 185/65 is like 2-3% change and it doesn't look good visually either.
    I currently have Yokohama ES100 but I'll be changing to something softer and less noisy. Advan DB are insanely difficult to find and are selling at inflated rates. Someone quoted me 11k per tyre. Not worth it IMO. You can get Michelin XM2 for around 9k per tyre.

Buddy I have heard of people installing 185/65 in City's but I think not many people are having 195/60 installed. Are we going to have any effect on car's suspension by going with 185/65 ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the 3S ppl say deviating from stock size will have a lot of effect on suspension , engine load , fuel consumption blah blah blah .. i think they donot recommend any other tyre size than stock is that incase anything goes wrong , they are not to blame
    @darthvader 's calculations are correct , but jumping from 175 to 195 is a two step jump and one shud not take any risks..

go for 185/65R15
    OR
    change the rims and tyres both .. upgrade rims to 16 and use 185/55 R16 as equipped in the international markets like australia
    HONDA CITY - Price, Specifications and Reviews - Price & Specifications | CarAdvice
    they even give 175/65R15 on base model .. no different than here

so save money and get 185 coz there r no 175 here other than euro

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont think there's any difference in fuel average by using synthetic oil

does it really make any difference using AC on speed 1,2,3 or 4?? i think not , coz the AC motor will remain on and put the same amt of resistance on the engine.. the difference will be seen if u lower the thermostat.. correct me if im wrong
    gee mustafa bhai its true thats reason all jdm cars coming with fully synthetic engine oils in pakistan, btw honda pakistan now also recomand fully synthetic oils ( check from ur 3s dealer ) honda pakistan using total synthetic oils while i am using mobil 1 fully syn its quality wise far better than total, u are in lahore , take out some time to test drive my city and feel the differnce....

city thermostat coresponds with fan speed, this is what i learnt from experts at honda city fan club, well i feel its true as on fan speed 1 ac trips faster than fan speed 2 or 3 etc ( azmyesh shert hai )
    www.facebook.com/AhmadYarsAutoSpa

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smoke87 View Post
    Somebody correct me if I am wrong but going for any other oil other than Honda Engine Oil will void the warranty. Isn't that the case Ahmed Bhai ?
    if u use any renowned after market synthetic engine oil and replaced by honda 3s dealer than its wont void the warranty, in 2 of my cars i am using mobil1 fully synthetic and in one car caltex fully synthetic well caltex also good enough

fuel millage depend upon style of driving, traffic etc and ur car is just new inshallah after couple of thousands km inshallah its fuel avg will improve

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congrats!
    Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    gee mustafa bhai its true thats reason all jdm cars coming with fully synthetic engine oils in pakistan, btw honda pakistan now also recomand fully synthetic oils ( check from ur 3s dealer ) honda pakistan using total synthetic oils while i am using mobil 1 fully syn its quality wise far better than total, u are in lahore , take out some time to test drive my city and feel the differnce....

city thermostat coresponds with fan speed, this is what i learnt from experts at honda city fan club, well i feel its true as on fan speed 1 ac trips faster than fan speed 2 or 3 etc ( azmyesh shert hai )
    im not saying anything against synthetic oil ... i use it myself in my city and civic .. just saying it doesnt affect fuel efficiency as tried tested by me in same driving conditions and with same driving habits and gear shifts etx .... i use the oil honda provides and my 3S dealers are either honda fort or honda point.... i think we had a convo on my thread about mineral vs synthetic oil in terms of mileage

still doubtful about the AC argument

mobil1 costs alot .. got it once for my liana , i think it was for rs2400 2 years ago,... wots its rate nowadays?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ahmad_yar sir it would be a pleasure driving your car!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

im not saying anything against synthetic oil ... i use it myself in my city and civic .. just saying it doesnt affect fuel efficiency as tried tested by me in same driving conditions and with same driving habits and gear shifts etx .... i use the oil honda provides and my 3S dealers are either honda fort or honda point.... i think we had a convo on my thread about mineral vs synthetic oil in terms of mileage

still doubtful about the AC argument

mobil1 costs alot .. got it once for my liana , i think it was for rs2400 2 years ago,... wots its rate nowadays?
    be happy with your belives as i cant force u for anything
    mobile 1 fully syn cost 5k now

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ahmad_yar sir it would be a pleasure driving your car!
    most wellcome with my all plesure
    and pls dont call me sir, i dont deserve this word

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ahmad_yar & @mustafa8288

Got the car tank filled with 10 litres of High Octane and 27.50 liters of normal one. After resetting the trip and average meter and driving for about 30 KM in my usual driving way got the following :

My new ride Honda City Aspire 15 Prosmatec -1253505

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4 using Pakwheels Forum App

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

User Tag List