0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Low petrol mileage

Hello All, so is everyone enjoying this drop in the Petrol prices--I know I am!

Coming to the point, I have 2001 Honda City A/T EXIS. I live in Naval Anchorage Islamabad near DHA phase-2, totally on the opposite side of town. Since I have to travel 60km going and returning from the office, I am quite conscious about my mileage though prices are down but still my eyes are fixed on mileage section.

I am known to be a decent driver who don't drive fast or aggressively. I follow all the parameters to how to increase the mileage but still I am getting 12kmpl in the city without AC being turned on.

I think this is quite less, I should be getting this much with AC turned on. With the sun now acting in proud, I am little worried to ho to squeeze my fuel as much a proper car should.

Also about 08 months back when I used to fill CNG, I remember my car doing 90km/hr on 2500 RPM but now on petrol it does 85km/hr. So what should I do to bring it back to 90km/hr. Let me also say that car pick is absolutely great and I havn't done anything mechanically with the setting of the petrol except removing the CNG all from the car. So guide me on my queries

For those who think I have written a story, a summarized queries are below:

1) My car is doing 12km per liter without AC operational. Though I follow all parameters when it comes to drive to squeeze max miles out of a liter. So is it okay or what should I do???

2) My car used to do 89km/hr at 2500 RPMs when on CNG but now its doing 85km/hr at 2500 RPMS on Petrol though no settings been altered for petrol, its pick is great but why is this difference. I have noticed my car going 100km/hr on 3000 RPMs. So guide me how to rectify.

Appreciate all your help in this regard.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Get the car serviced? Try getting your throttle body and catalytic converter serviced, this will help your car open up and run efficiently.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When did you change its plug and air filter? Also mention tyre size and profile.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I do not own a Honda City, I own a Honda Civic. Get your plugs changed when needed (look at their appearance and also check gap). Same with the air filter, take it out and check it's appearance and then decide whether it needs to be changed or not.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys thanks for your response....I recently about 40 days back changed my air and oil filter along with plugs too...i did clean my throttle body...not sure about catalyctic converter...am still bummed for why its not giving me more mileage out. Tyre is 185/70/13 Michellin

6. 23-03-2016, 12:51 AM

Site Banned

Reason
    spam

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List