Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Honda City running in?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    addytov1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Honda City running in?

    I have booked my new city and wondering that for first 5000Km we need to do the" running" ? . Before that i bought cultus but didnt do anything however i felt that in first 5000 Km the engine was stiff and acceleration was hard.


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    altisdualvvti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by addytov1 View Post
    I have booked my new city and wondering that for first 5000Km we need to do the" running" ? . Before that i bought cultus but didnt do anything however i felt that in first 5000 Km the engine was stiff and acceleration was hard.
    Just drive it normally and keep max speeds at 100kmph till 1000km and change gears at 3.5 rpm at max nothing goes wrong if u drive this way.
    And maintain it from 3s.

    Sent from my INFINIX-X551 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,907
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by addytov1 View Post
    I have booked my new city and wondering that for first 5000Km we need to do the" running" ? . Before that i bought cultus but didnt do anything however i felt that in first 5000 Km the engine was stiff and acceleration was hard.
    These are pre run engines, drive as you please

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    salman.r107's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    More frequent oil changes are a good idea as a new engine will shed a little bit of metal at first. Although the oil filter will filter them out but if you can, change the oil at 200 kms and the next one at 1000 kms.

    For the first 1000 kms, avoid constant speeds. Do not lug the engine by running the car in slow speeds in high gears. If there is lack of pickup in any gear, downshift to the lower gear instead of flooring it. The rest, altisdualvvti has already told you.

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Best breaking in method = don't baby your engine drive it in different range of rpm and remember dont strees out new engine also make sure you drive very very carefully when engine is dead cold

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    bigsuzuhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hahaha that's ridiculous bro. I work at world biggest rental car company and drive away zero meter cars all the time. Believe me I have never heard about engine and running etc. just ride her normally.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    salman.r107's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsuzuhorn View Post
    Hahaha that's ridiculous bro. I work at world biggest rental car company and drive away zero meter cars all the time. Believe me I have never heard about engine and running etc. just ride her normally.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Then why do European manufacturers have a section of the 'Engine Break in procedure' in the manual?

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    Leo_The_King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Got my new city on 19 nov...asked dealership manager abt running breakin period.... his ans was "sir ye pre run engines hain jese merzi chalayie."
    On 20th morning i was on moterway from lhr to islo.... 120-130 constant....

    Odo now a days is at 22000 almost n have not faced any, any kind of issue at all....

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    Djaymx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    These are not pre-run engines, imagine 50,000 engines run for a couple of hours each, manufacturers will NEVER pay that kind of fuel let alone a running facility that tests and break-in each and every engine..

    What they do while manufacturing, the surface finish of the cylinders and pistons are diamond cut, work-hardened, and most likely burnished. Burnishing is very similar to polishing but no material is removed in this process and leaves a flawless surface. This also minimises metal particles during operation.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,907
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Djaymx View Post
    These are not pre-run engines, imagine 50,000 engines run for a couple of hours each, manufacturers will NEVER pay that kind of fuel let alone a running facility that tests and break-in each and every engine..

    What they do while manufacturing, the surface finish of the cylinders and pistons are diamond cut, work-hardened, and most likely burnished. Burnishing is very similar to polishing but no material is removed in this process and leaves a flawless surface. This also minimises metal particles during operation.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Long story short, they don't need to have running done, the company themselves say do as you pleAse and you still doubt them...

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Long story short, they don't need to have running done, the company themselves say do as you pleAse and you still doubt them...

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    Which company said that ?
    A engine is made with rough surface on cylinder bores and piston rings so that a both rough surface can make a good seal high revving a new engine will polish both surface only way to break in a engine is by driving it clamly which is not possible for manufacturer a normal manufacturer like Honda Toyota etc take 11 hours for Assembling of a economy car and take it out of assembly line time is money for them

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,907
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Which company said that ?
    A engine is made with rough surface on cylinder bores and piston rings so that a both rough surface can make a good seal high revving a new engine will polish both surface only way to break in a engine is by driving it clamly which is not possible for manufacturer a normal manufacturer like Honda Toyota etc take 11 hours for Assembling of a economy car and start take it out of assembly line time is money for them
    Sir, go buy a new car. Upon delivery, ask the people if the car needs running. Been buying them from a long time, using them for 5 to 10 years. After 2002, they always Said, sir chalain jis tarah chalana hai, yeh pre run hain. So yes, all the three companies here say it, probably all over the world they say the same too. Don't always stick to the theory my boy, experience counts just as Much

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    adnanniazi_2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    32
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    As far as my naaqis knowledge is concerned, there is a period of break in, coz when we bought a Toyota some years back, we were told by the company guyz, try to drive the car in all gears (it wasn't like that to drive in top gear at 90 or 100 kmph). Change the gears in 2 to 3 k rpm not more than that and not less than that, after first tuning at 1,000 KM. they said now its safe to drive in a manner which suits you. I just remember that coz i did not have any knowledge of cars at that time but my elder bro didn't want me to drive that car for these reasons in the break in period.

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Sir, go buy a new car. Upon delivery, ask the people if the car needs running. Been buying them from a long time, using them for 5 to 10 years. After 2002, they always Said, sir chalain jis tarah chalana hai, yeh pre run hain. So yes, all the three companies here say it, probably all over the world they say the same too. Don't always stick to the theory my boy, experience counts just as Much

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app
    Sorry to say but you don't know the difference between sales person and engineer a sale person will say what ever give his company profit or satisfy customer

    Anyway most mechanics on road these days fix (actually ruin) car on there tajirba so you ditch 3s and rely on there tajurba?

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,907
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Sorry to say but you don't know the difference between sales person and engineera sale person will say what ever give his company profit or satisfy customer

    Anyway most mechanics on road these days fix (actually ruin) car on there tajirba so you ditch 3s and rely on there tajurba?
    3s are glorified robbers, I don't go to them for anything. Little inexperienced kids work there who know nothing and will never listen to what you say, always concerned about minting money. Mafia/gangsters, best stay away from such people

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    superman93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Community Votes: 1
    Arey bahi. Engine Pre run ho ya na ho Ap bas pehle 1000 km tak gaari aram se chalao.

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    salman.r107's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Sorry to say but you don't know the difference between sales person and engineera sale person will say what ever give his company profit or satisfy customer

    Anyway most mechanics on road these days fix (actually ruin) car on there tajirba so you ditch 3s and rely on there tajurba?
    Exactly. I was reading an international forum once, and the guy narrated a story where the salesman told him that he could drive his brand new GT86 like a sports car from day one. And he did so by rash driving and revving it upto 7200 rpm from the very start. The result, engine broke down at 18000 miles. Yes, you may argue that rash driving caused it, and it did. But most of the damage was done at the break-in period by revving that high.

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    bigsuzuhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sr107 View Post
    Then why do European manufacturers have a section of the 'Engine Break in procedure' in the manual?
    Literally never owned an European car. I mean jap cars from Toyota Yaris Corolla Camry Mazda Prato fj gt86. Etc


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    salman.r107's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigsuzuhorn View Post
    Literally never owned an European car. I mean jap cars from Toyota Yaris Corolla Camry Mazda Prato fj gt86. Etc


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    No, that wasn't the point. I meant to say that even those manufacturers tell you to do it. Keeping in mind their top of the line engineering.

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    bigsuzuhorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sr107 View Post
    No, that wasn't the point. I meant to say that even those manufacturers tell you to do it. Keeping in mind their top of the line engineering.
    True, They might tell you, But myself driving zero meter vehicles including diesel Engines Never did it and never faced any problem whatsoever. They might involve insurance purpose or could be anything, But if you look at technical side of it, Do you think it should be a problem? Every car coming out from factor the engine is test on dyno upto maximum performance which means the engine already had that load which one can expect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •