Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 337
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Problems in Honda Civic 1.8

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    internal_auditor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,197
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Problems in Honda Civic 1.8

    This thread is only about problems in Civic 1.8. No irrelevant replies are allowed here. And only owners are allowed to reply here. Just like problems in 09 corolla and 09 city is running this is only related to civic 1.8 (from its introduction in Pakistan).
    It is impossible to please everybody.

  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    owais01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Islamabad/Riyadh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,136
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Not getting shifted to second is not the fault of the car..
    The clutch is not fully pressed ..
    when this happens try reclutching it ..
    and press the clutch completely ..then Change the gear ..
    wen trying to change gear in a haste one tends to make this mistake
    .

    It may have something to do with seeing the Mercedes star on the hood guiding the way, the Benz specific solid feel, the Power, the Looks, the Prestige, but whatever it is, its intoxicating!!

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Cylestyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,160
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Toyotas ECT and Prosmatec are two different things, the ECT is like an economoy mode operator, it saves you fuel when off and provides "extra power" when on.

    The transmissions are quite different. For one thing the Cruisetronic is a 4AT, compared to a 5AT Civic. The 5AT shifts smoother, you can barely tell when its shifting. The Cruisetronic feels a bit crude, you can tell when the car shifts. Also given the 4 gears, its got tall ratios which feel foolish for the 1.8 engine which is fairly peppy.

    As far as Prosmatec goes; its simply a fancy name for an intelligent shifting technology the car has. It just picks the *ideal* moment fort he car to shift rather than just shifitng it in sequence when you cross a specific RPM. So this graded shift technology makes shifting a lot smoother and provides better power delivery.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    aslakho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Please read this topic


    https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!118349~ForumID!10~pw.html

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Cylestyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,160
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^ that thread is misleading.

    First of all, people who post information about airbox/intakes should know how intakes work.

    The box connected to the airbox near the front left fog light is called a RESONATOR, its not the actual intake. Any water that comes near it should not get sucked into the intake at all.

    So the "60 odd" civics at 3s dealers are there because of something else-- not waterlocked engines.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

  6. #25
    QFA
    QFA is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    QFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    44
    Posts
    290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My feedback after driving it for 10k kms is that if you smoothly shift gears, whcih means do not break the flow when you are shiting from 1st to 2nd it works perfectly well. I would like to share one personal observation which is the amazing fuel economy. I use a mix of hioctane and super regularly and the averagemilleage that i get in town 11.27 kms/liter. I have an 05 exi prosmatic which does not give me more than 8 kms/liter in town. The fuel milleage of the 1.8 has has been increasing since i drove it out of the dealership in OCT, 08. The negatives include the front seats as my head hits the roof unless in recline the back rest, the steering as it has to be readjusted each time you enter and leave the vehicle and finally the pillars obstruct your side view, specially for a person like me who is 6 ft plus as i have to bend over to check traffic when corssing intersections.

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    necro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Has anyone had a problem with the civics cat converter? I had to get it removed because of a huge decline in the cars performance.





    @ killervtec


    What exactly did your uncle had to replace? I am facing the exact same problem when I start the car in the morning.

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    internal_auditor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,197
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @cylestyne

    thanks
    It is impossible to please everybody.

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The problems i faced in my 07 civic,

    1) Driver side power window used to malfunction.

    2) Bearings and mountings got damaged and eventually i had to replace them

    3) Parts are very very expensive. =S. Two sidemirrors alone cost 40K what else can u expect then.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    And dont mind me waking up this 6 month old thread.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Cylestyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,160
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Driver side power window used to malfunction.
    Very simple fix, just inject some WD-40 on a weekly basis into the window rail.

    Bearings and mountings got damaged and eventually i had to replace them
    Yeah the car has a weak engine mount; mine is going out too.
    Parts are very very expensive. =S. Two sidemirrors alone cost 40K what else can u expect then.
    Can't do anything about that; look at what the dollar is worth.
    ProSpeed Imports -- www.prospeedimports.com -- Car parts direct from USA, Japan & Europe to your doorstep! Email us at special.requests@prospeedimports.com. Don't forget to ask about our special car wrapping, change the color of your car without changing the paint ;-)

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    spectra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    19,667
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My borther in law got one. IT had a minor frontal impact and was sent to dealership for repairs, they cahnegd the radiator as well along with fender denting, painting, bumper change etc.

    Car was fine for a week within city but once it went out of city, it got overheated 3 times from Lahore to RYK.

    It was 18k driven top of the line Prosmatec Oriel

    I receovered the car from RYK, tried to drive it and it went fine till Multan and started heating again, we towed it from Multan to Islamabad, which is another story in itself

    I tried getting quotes and info from dealers and was told that it will cost around 100k to get gasket changed and allied stuff, so we gave it a try ourselves as the car was busted already.

    Surprisingly there is no way to change the head gasket while the engine is sitting in the car. Also engine goes down (like vans). To get the engine down, full suspension setup along with engine craddle has to be removed. Wiring has to be undone and it must be brough out before you attempt to take the engine out.

    AFter 2 days engine was finally out. Got genuine parts which including, Rings, Gasket, Thermostat valves.

    Got machining work done on the head from a specialist machinist with a prticular type of equipment for fine milling in order to make sure that original metal type gasket stays and work fine.

    Car was finally done and rigurously tested with all passes


    Total spend was 49k including 15k labour

    The whole ordeal was too much to handle and i was realising at times why Honda has a certain reputition among mechanics but this is the way it is

    Pictures can be found here

    Welcome to Facebook

    Conclusion was drawn that since engine is mounted higher then the radiator top tank, bleeding is mandatory every time a full coolant fillup is required, those idiots at dealership missed this and car started overheating after pressure build up in the cooling system.

    Repair process is explained already and i guess you people can have a clear idea about problems of this car.

    Car is now sold, and surprisingly it was got checked by the buyer from a dealership and they gave it a clean bill of health after computerized check ups and a thorough inspection, in fact the seller increased on price by 50k after that check up
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    spectra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    19,667
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The other person who went with me to RYK to get the car is also a member at PW with the nick "Bilalahm" also Ghuncha and AkifJanjua came to Lahore on CJ to tow it on motorway. Its a PW thing
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    irfansiddique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,765
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i got 2008 i-vtec pros
    Issues i am facing are
    noticeable vibration and rough idle sound in my car, changed idle pulley under warranty but problem is still there.
    too much HMMMMMMM background sound, replaced front driver side bearing under warranty, still problem not resolved.

    Honda Defense , technicians sucks big time.

  15. #34
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    spectra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    19,667
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irfansiddique View Post
    i got 2008 i-vtec pros
    Issues i am facing are
    noticeable vibration and rough idle sound in my car, changed idle pulley under warranty but problem is still there.
    too much HMMMMMMM background sound, replaced front driver side bearing under warranty, still problem not resolved.

    Honda Defense , technicians sucks big time.

    Agree with the background sound, Rolling noise and wind noise is highly noticeable for anyone even if he/she has no interest in cars, Maybe because nature of that sound is different from other cars.

    Other then that mu own observation about gear ratios in auto is that it does gear hunting in any tough situation (Climb, sudden acceleration, maintaining 50 km/hr on salt range etc.) which is annoying at times.

    Yes it loves to rev but thats not what you do 95% of the time you drive
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Yahyujee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,093
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Wow! What a tough time you had Spectra!

    .. well with my Oriel 2010, having driven it for about 6k kms, I feel that:-
    1. Gear shifting from 1st to 2nd, it stucks most of the time.
    2. When you press the gas/accelerator suddenly, car gives a lad before powering up. This happens in 2nd or 3rd gear only.
    3. The arm rest/box cover between front seats has started making squeaking noise after couple of months, when someone places elbow/arm on it during the drive.
    4. The sound system is of average quality. One only listens to front speakers while driving, unless you disturb the balance between front and rear speakers.
    5. Finally, the quality of carpeting in the car is pathetic. Carpet is fixed to the floor using third class staples!!! I feel that this original carpet wont last longer than a couple of years.
    ~~~~We cannot discover new oceans unless we have the courage to lose sight of the shore~~~

  17. #36
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    iLLDuDe786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    11,213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Well i received my civic and totoally forgot about this thread, i'm just here to satisfy and potential buyers of this car.No problems in this car what so ever everything is perfect and the prosmatec transmission is a charm to drive.
    -

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spectra View Post
    My borther in law got one. IT had a minor frontal impact and was sent to dealership for repairs, they cahnegd the radiator as well along with fender denting, painting, bumper change etc.

    Car was fine for a week within city but once it went out of city, it got overheated 3 times from Lahore to RYK.

    It was 18k driven top of the line Prosmatec Oriel

    I receovered the car from RYK, tried to drive it and it went fine till Multan and started heating again, we towed it from Multan to Islamabad, which is another story in itself

    I tried getting quotes and info from dealers and was told that it will cost around 100k to get gasket changed and allied stuff, so we gave it a try ourselves as the car was busted already.

    Surprisingly there is no way to change the head gasket while the engine is sitting in the car. Also engine goes down (like vans). To get the engine down, full suspension setup along with engine craddle has to be removed. Wiring has to be undone and it must be brough out before you attempt to take the engine out.

    AFter 2 days engine was finally out. Got genuine parts which including, Rings, Gasket, Thermostat valves.

    Got machining work done on the head from a specialist machinist with a prticular type of equipment for fine milling in order to make sure that original metal type gasket stays and work fine.

    Car was finally done and rigurously tested with all passes


    Total spend was 49k including 15k labour

    The whole ordeal was too much to handle and i was realising at times why Honda has a certain reputition among mechanics but this is the way it is

    Pictures can be found here

    Welcome to Facebook

    Conclusion was drawn that since engine is mounted higher then the radiator top tank, bleeding is mandatory every time a full coolant fillup is required, those idiots at dealership missed this and car started overheating after pressure build up in the cooling system.

    Repair process is explained already and i guess you people can have a clear idea about problems of this car.

    Car is now sold, and surprisingly it was got checked by the buyer from a dealership and they gave it a clean bill of health after computerized check ups and a thorough inspection, in fact the seller increased on price by 50k after that check up
    So saqib u must be hating honda now. Especially 8th generation civic. Or you still think that this car rocks? Just curious. And what was the main cause of this problem. Any diaganosis? Did replaced radiator caused problems?
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  19. #38
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yahyujee View Post
    Wow! What a tough time you had Spectra!

    .. well with my Oriel 2010, having driven it for about 6k kms, I feel that:-
    1. Gear shifting from 1st to 2nd, it stucks most of the time.
    2. When you press the gas/accelerator suddenly, car gives a lad before powering up. This happens in 2nd or 3rd gear only.
    3. The arm rest/box cover between front seats has started making squeaking noise after couple of months, when someone places elbow/arm on it during the drive.
    4. The sound system is of average quality. One only listens to front speakers while driving, unless you disturb the balance between front and rear speakers.
    5. Finally, the quality of carpeting in the car is pathetic. Carpet is fixed to the floor using third class staples!!! I feel that this original carpet wont last longer than a couple of years.
    1/2) No idea about manual transmission.

    3) The box in my car is fine. But i dont know whats the function of its sliding.

    4) Sound system is pretty good yaar. Mine has old dashboard. Its has very good sound quality. No complains. Dont know about the indash thing. Plus the 10 cd changer is a blessing too. But NO AUX!! =@ And i hate the most abt my car!

    5) Mine are fine till now. I purchased new carpets the day after recieving the vehical.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  20. #39
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    airomerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,373
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irfansiddique View Post
    i got 2008 i-vtec pros
    Issues i am facing are
    noticeable vibration and rough idle sound in my car, changed idle pulley under warranty but problem is still there.
    too much HMMMMMMM background sound, replaced front driver side bearing under warranty, still problem not resolved.

    Honda Defense , technicians sucks big time.
    What is the status of your tyres? Maybe they are sucking big time or they are worn out.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

  21. #40
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    irfansiddique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,765
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    What is the status of your tyres? Maybe they are sucking big time or they are worn out.

    no dude tires are in good condition just 16km completed smoothly. . manufacturing 2008 bridgestone.


    just went to my local mechanic he checked front both bearings making humming noise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •