Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: Engine Oil for Civic Reborn Oriel

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Hanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    86
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Engine Oil for Civic Reborn Oriel

    Dear All,

    Which Engine Oil I should use for my Civic Reborn. Currently I am using Shell Havoline Semi-synthetic oil. But someone suggested me that its not good. Please need your suggestion.

    There are several Threads addressing this issue, I have already searched but couldnt get a satisfactory answer for Civic reborn.

    Thanks


  2. #21
    PakWheeler Follow
    jawad80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    36
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Shell Ultra, fully synthetic 5W40 is also good option and is easily available unlike Mobil.

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    Zeeshan6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    whats wrong wid the one which Honda service shop uses... Honda Genuine Oil or something like that.

    I hav always used that one. I mean they built ur car so they might know better which one to use.
    ***** i hate quotations, tell me something you KNOW *******

  4. #23
    v8
    v8 is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    v8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,720
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarmadqureshi View Post
    I 2nd that. Caltex Havoline is the best of the local blends.

    Always remember to change oil and the filter as regular intervals.

    Agreed. I'm another satisfied user of Havoline

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    YZFR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    381
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Honda Atlas uses Total. as they manufacture/resell Total Lubricants in Pakistan, like all honda cars come with AGS batteries. FYI

    http://www.totallube.com.pk/lub/LubP...0?OpenDocument

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    40,235
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YZFR1 View Post
    Honda Atlas uses Total. as they manufacture/resell Total Lubricants in Pakistan, like all honda cars come with AGS batteries. FYI

    TOTAL engine oils, lubricants, motorcycles MCO, Quartz, Rubia - TOTAL Atlas Lubricants Pakistan
    it's odd that their website doesn't mention anything about a partnership with honda till now (CLICK HERE)

    also here they only mention mineral oils (best API rating is SJ/CF on Quartz 5000), though their Quartz 7000 API SL SAE 10W40 is a very good oil & well suited to our environment (i wonder why isn't it on their website?)
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    YZFR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    381
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    it's odd that their website doesn't mention anything about a partnership with honda till now (CLICK HERE)

    also here they only mention mineral oils (best API rating is SJ/CF on Quartz 5000), though their Quartz 7000 API SL SAE 10W40 is a very good oil & well suited to our environment (i wonder why isn't it on their website?)
    You are right I guess because both 7000 & 9000 are imported from Europe whereas Minerals are being blended here also but Honda has recently launched synthetic oil, which is actually repackaged Total Quartz 9000.

    I think its pure business, on Honda Atlas's part, same group company, more internal revenue generation. Not that they have affection for Total Oils or AGS batteries.

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    YZFR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    381
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Also if you click on Retail Prices from the right side menu, the document has prices of Quartz 7000 & 9000 mentioned.

    Find a product

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    shoodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rabwah
    Age
    36
    Posts
    318
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ZIC A+ is better u can easylly done 10000 to 12000km with it ..
    and it works fine

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    han1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,025
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    we are using shell hilux ultra in altis and alto
    Who are you to judge the life I live? Try to walk in my shoes and you'd fall at the first step. .............. ( han1911 )

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    21czic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanu View Post
    Dear All,

    Which Engine Oil I should use for my Civic Reborn. Currently I am using Shell Havoline Semi-synthetic oil. But someone suggested me that its not good. Please need your suggestion.

    There are several Threads addressing this issue, I have already searched but couldnt get a satisfactory answer for Civic reborn.

    Thanks

    Dear,

    Dear As thathe cranks bearings , ring and pistan therefore i recommend Zic A+ Fully synthetic engine oil for high performance and power

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    iLLDuDe786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    11,213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    genuine oil of honda company is best
    -

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    40,235
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iLLDuDe786 View Post
    genuine oil of honda company is best
    as discussed above (on this page) the current honda "genuine" oil is the WORST.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    RedBull_ar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Tank
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,722
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    mobil 1
    zic xq
    cofron full synthetic
    anything with SL or SM, and 10w-40, 10w-50, 5w-40, 5w-50 is good enough for all seasons/temperature range of Pakistan
    i would hesitate to use 10w-30 and limit 20w-50 oils to summer only.
    Alpha Romeo 156

  15. #34
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    40,235
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBull_ar View Post
    i would hesitate to use 10w-30 and limit 20w-50 oils to summer only.
    the SAE rating is irrelevant if you don't know the specific gravity, of an oil, viscosity (at 40 and 100 degrees), poir point, flash point & viscosity index. It's a common misconception that the SAE rating is all one has to look at when choosing an oil, but the bottom line is that it makes no sense to make a assumption unless one knows all the facts about the oil in question.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,128
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    what i am amazed it see is that cylistne has not jumped in and defending honda with some logic for using that oil rating
    RIP

  17. #36
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    RedBull_ar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Tank
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,722
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    the SAE rating is irrelevant if you don't know the specific gravity, of an oil, viscosity (at 40 and 100 degrees), poir point, flash point & viscosity index. It's a common misconception that the SAE rating is all one has to look at when choosing an oil, but the bottom line is that it makes no sense to make a assumption unless one knows all the facts about the oil in question.
    please correct me if im wrong
    but viscosity (at 40 and 100 degrees), poir point, flash point & viscosity index are all interlinked and there absolute values are mapped to relative SAE indexes.

    most SAE 50 oils will inherently have higher flash point then comparable SAE 30 oils, and most SAE 5 oils will have lower poir point then comparable SAE 10 or 20 oils. being a SL or SM also means it will have enough deposit, oxidation, etc protection required for his civic.

    bottom line is any latest decent oil is suitable for his civic.
    Alpha Romeo 156

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    iLLDuDe786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    11,213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    as discussed above (on this page) the current honda "genuine" oil is the WORST.
    maybe true but i use it and i'm satisfied
    maybe ill get the loss in the longrun
    car has v low mileage
    -

  19. #38
    PakWheeler Follow
    shoodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rabwah
    Age
    36
    Posts
    318
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Zic a+

    ZIC A+
    No Doubt Old Car Or New .. Fully Synthetic Oil..
    Perfect for Cold + HOt weather specially pakistani weather ..
    ZIC lubricant make ur car crank Shaft's more soft and smooth so it gives u best millage on petrol and cng

    Chemically, synthetic oils are free of impurities like sulfur and carbon, which are found in nominal amounts in conventional
    oils. Over time, these minerals can build up in your engine and decrease its life .

    Conventional oils do not cool your engine as effectively as synthetic oils do. Synthetic oils dissipiate heat more efficiently (pulling the internal heat away from the motor), at a much higher rate, allowing more consistent engine temperatures. This is one of the reasons that you can use synthetic oil for 10,000 miles or more at a time.Engine Oil for Civic Reborn Oriel - 75802
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  20. #39
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    n20ahsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Larkana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waleed80 View Post
    i m using ZIC XQ fully synthetic in my car for the last 2 years. and i run ma car almost 15000 km on one oil change. its superb, and extremely reliable. i wud suggest u to go for it too
    15000km is just too much for our dusty environment, better option: use mineral oil and drain it after every 5000km with a new filter, the earlier the better.

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    what i am amazed it see is that cylistne has not jumped in and defending honda with some logic for using that oil rating
    let him find this thread, he's going to keeell you

  21. #40
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    n20ahsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Larkana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shoodi View Post
    ZIC A+
    No Doubt Old Car Or New .. Fully Synthetic Oil..
    Perfect for Cold + HOt weather specially pakistani weather ..
    ZIC lubricant make ur car crank Shaft's more soft and smooth so it gives u best millage on petrol and cng

    Chemically, synthetic oils are free of impurities like sulfur and carbon, which are found in nominal amounts in conventional
    oils. Over time, these minerals can build up in your engine and decrease its life .

    Conventional oils do not cool your engine as effectively as synthetic oils do. Synthetic oils dissipiate heat more efficiently (pulling the internal heat away from the motor), at a much higher rate, allowing more consistent engine temperatures. This is one of the reasons that you can use synthetic oil for 10,000 miles or more at a time.Engine Oil for Civic Reborn Oriel - 75802 Engine Oil for Civic Reborn Oriel fig 4 synthetic vs mineral oil  1
    I've heard that ZIC A+ is not actually a FULLY synthetic oil, its just rated as one, whereas ZIC XQ is fully synthetic (as far as I know), if you don't agree then please differentiate between both oils.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •