6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post

Hi. So Finally,new design of Civic 2012 has been revealed. Its going to be available early next year or maybe in the end of 2011. I'm not talking about Pakistan! Let see when it get launch there..my guess it will launch in mid 2012,lets hope for the best. Enjoy picture
    The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -202779 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -202780 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -202781 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -202782 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -202783

MOD EDIT: This post has been labelled to be the official Civic 2012/new shape one. All discussion pertaining to this vehicle must be discussed here. No other thread will be entertained. Everyone is requested to redirect any old/new topic here. Thank you.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Cheetah View Post
    the passenger is more free to move in the car as compared to the driver, agreed?
    so might be that Honda engineers wanted the driver to concentrate more on the driving rather than trying to leap over, and fiddle with the buttons, that is why they oriented everything towards him, rather than away from him, to give him a feel that everything is in his control including the driving and on road concentration.
    just my perspective.

and why would the passenger feel awkward?
    do you feel awkward when you cant see the temperature guage towards you?
    at first i also noticed that its dashboard was awkward but you are actually right! honda engineers designed the dashboard like trucks for civic to keep the drivers concentration more on the driving side rather than trying to leap over, and fiddle with the buttons on the passenger side!its also good for the front passenger! just have a look to get a better idea!

The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -203451

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    just got the news on the engines spec:

Under the hood, four different engines will be offered. The mainstream models are outfitted with a 1.8-liter four-cylinder petrol engine that produces 140 hp (104 kW / 142 PS) which allows it to return an estimated 39 mpg highway. Likewise, the Civic HF (High Efficiency) also uses the 1.8-liter engine, but aerodynamic tweaks help to give it an extra 2 mpg highway.

For even more efficiency, the Civic Hybrid has a 1.5-liter i-VTEC engine and a small electric motor that is powered by lithium-ion batteries. Performance specifications haven't been announced, but Honda expects the car will have a combined efficiency rating of 45 mpg which is a 4 mpg improvement over the current model.

On the other hand, the Civic Si uses a 2.4-liter engine with 200 hp (149 kW / 203 PS) and 170 lb-ft (230 Nm) of torque. It is connected to a new 6-speed manual transmission, which enables the Si to return an estimated 31 mpg highway
    Then its R18A for sure.
    R18 boyz!.....Powered by Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think this is the US version of the Civic. The Asian version will likely be a bit differrent with different front and rear styling, like the present shape. And the gap between the wheels and mudguards in the pictures shown make the car a bit raised and dorky. Also the shape looks a bit short and stubby as if the Civic was trying to be a sports car. I have to agree with MominHaq's reaction on the first page!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice
    Maa Da Laddlaa Vigar Gaya.... Chevy Aveo Ly K Nikal Gaya.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Zeejis is right here passenger wil feel very bad and the Dvd system is also facing towards driver means passenger can see with very difficulty.Anyways Design SUXX big time as they are trying to Fool american market because they wil city with rebadge of civic in US as it has only changed rear with city.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zeejigs View Post
    at first i also noticed that its dashboard was awkward but you are actually right! honda engineers designed the dashboard like trucks for civic to keep the drivers concentration more on the driving side rather than trying to leap over, and fiddle with the buttons on the passenger side!its also good for the front passenger! just have a look to get a better idea!

The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - 203451
    yeah, and thats what they also did with the H1,MK4 and a RX-7, copied the interior off trucks?

The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -203511 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -203512 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post -203513

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - 203451

clearly you have never sat in the indus shaped corolla! the center console of that car is also tilted towards the driver. What do you have to say about that?
    Powered by Honda..R18 Boys

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yeah, and thats what they also did with the H1,MK4 and a RX-7, copied the interior off trucks?

The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - 203511 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - 203512 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - 203513

thats exactly what i was gonna point out, the interior of Supra!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani87 View Post
    Zeejis is right here passenger wil feel very bad and the Dvd system is also facing towards driver means passenger can see with very difficulty.Anyways Design SUXX big time as they are trying to Fool american market because they wil city with rebadge of civic in US as it has only changed rear with city.

hello Mubeen. ek account intensive care mein gya tou fake account se online aa gae?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

While I really love the sporty and elegant looks of current model, I don't think this one's gonna be bad either! New concepts are mostly good. Surely, a lot of brainstorming had been carried out before deciding the new shape and style of Civic.
    Lets hope to see a great car on our roads after a year or so!
    ~~~~We cannot discover new oceans unless we have the courage to lose sight of the shore~~~

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hondaFanatic View Post
    hello Mubeen. ek account intensive care mein gya tou fake account se online aa gae?
    i've got the powa', cowrolla powa'

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking

The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - 203511 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - 203512 The Official Honda Civic 2012 Post - 203513
    when talking about hummer and mazda rx-7 keep in mind that hummers interior was really important to be tilted towards the driver side as well as in the case of Mazda rx7 as they both are not normal luxury cars!mazda rx7 being a sports car had tilted dashboard and controls so that driver can concentrate on racing and the controls(manual shifting) on the cars are easy for him to handle! in case of hummer the 4WD system provides an easy access to the driver so that he can change the shifts easily to climb the hills and rocky terrain! but civics dashboard is tooo much tilted like truck and driver does not need that much tiltness towards him as its a luxury car! tell me how much difficult is it to configure the changes of air direction or to play music when you are sitting in a normal car having straight dashboard???? civic is not meant to be a proper sports car like mazda rx7! the dashboard of 1996 corolla was tilted very less and the passenger could easily put his hands on the deck and on ac controls!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when talking about hummer and mazda rx-7 keep in mind that hummers interior was really important to be tilted towards the driver side as well as in the case of Mazda rx7 as they both are not normal luxury cars!mazda rx7 being a sports car had tilted dashboard and controls so that driver can concentrate on racing and the controls(manual shifting) on the cars are easy for him to handle! in case of hummer the 4WD system provides an easy access to the driver so that he can change the shifts easily to climb the hills and rocky terrain! but civics dashboard is tooo much tilted like truck and driver does not need that much tiltness towards him as its a luxury car! tell me how much difficult is it to configure the changes of air direction or to play music when you are sitting in a normal car having straight dashboard???? civic is not meant to be a proper sports car like mazda rx7! the dashboard of 1996 corolla was tilted very less and the passenger could easily put his hands on the deck and on ac controls!
    Ur right this time. LOL
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its my point which you just explained that these controls need to be in the drivers grasp more than the passenger, rx's console has the ac control, the fan setting, the hazards and the radio tilted towards the driver, ofcourse no person racing in it would want to fiddle with these controls during a drag or a drift, would he? but still they are tilted, why? because whether its a sports car or a mid size sedan, safety and concentration over driving is being given much more importance in today's world.

and the point is?, you change automatic shifts manually when climbing difficult terrains or i think you just turn the overdrive off put it in L2 or 1 and take control, btw point out HOW would the shifts help in a H1, the AUTOMATIC gear lever is not tilted towards the driver, whats your point here?

if you're comparing the tilt angel of the civic and the truck whose picture you posted as a reference then trust me friend you have some serious issues and definitely need to see a good eye doctor.compare the tilt angles again, you'll know what i mean.

ill tell you, im 5 8-9", i dont drive with a much relaxed seat position, i have an indash dvd installed in my 8G, i drive wearing a seatbelt always, and it is a problem for me to use the mute button which is on the most extreme left corner of my dvd pannel, it would really help if the dash was tilted a few cm TOWARDS me, because im grabbed by the seatbelt.
    and since civic is not meant to be a proper sports car, neither like a cowrolla, does it mean it is not ought to provide the driver with the slightest of cushion and safety enhancement, or are you suggestiong that safety is only meant to be in racing cars?

in the argument all you did was to prove my point right, trust me i know you're a cowrolla fan, i respect that, i wouldnt want to come up with replies to your vague comments where you call civic a luxury car, and compare it with a truck, c'mon for once you could also like something which is going to be an instant hit when it comes out, yeah?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

looks nice but the dash board looks out of proportion, I mean look at the vents :s

Honda should also give a 1.6 variant this time to give corolla a hard time.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mani87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iLLDuDe786 View Post
    Ur right this time. LOL

i am right but some stubborn members are still quoting my words in red blue neeli peeeli writing and fighting with me ! i proved a fact that civics dashboard is awkwardly tilted to drivers side!guess what the passengers will jump to driver side to see the lcd to watch the video!LMAO front passenger driver ki gooodee mai tilt kar jai ga

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am right but some stubborn members are still quoting my words in red blue neeli peeeli writing and fighting with me ! i proved a fact that civics dashboard is awkwardly tilted to drivers side!guess what the passengers will jump to driver side to see the lcd to watch the video!LMAO front passenger driver ki gooodee mai tilt kar jai ga
    i know you're obsessed with Big things and like sitting on them... sorry i mean IN them but could you please get that image of a truck interior out of your head and look at the pic! the Passenger can easily view the screen without leaning towards the driver.

the highlighted part.... well bro that shows your imagination... shows how you picture the GUY sitting next to you jumping onto your lap to look at the LCD! Bravo