1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda Civic 2013: Pakistan launch

Good news for all Honda Civic fans in Pakistan that Honda has now confirmed its availability of the New Civic between October and November this Year (2012). The production of current model has been stopped ( CONFIRMED NEWS ). Honda Atlas is now in the process of clearing stock.There is no exact word on its price, but it is estimated that it will fall between 21 lac and 23 lac depending on the model.

INSHALLAH CIVIC IS ABOUT TO BE LAUNCHED IN MOST LIKELY SEPTEMBER....maybe its booking starts prior to the official launch but thts unconfirmed....

buckle up every1 the wait is almost over inshALLAH.....

Attached Images Attached Images    

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^I will never believe the fact that one has 2.5mil rupees for a car but not enough for its fuel
    I mean to say is that an average guy cannot simply afford this car
    khair everyone has their own point of view
    Don't mean to offend anyone. Btw em buy a civic too in a month.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsFand26 View Post
    ^^I will never believe the fact that one has 2.5mil rupees for a car but not enough for its fuel
    I know it's hard to believe but in my case this is true. We needed a car which has all the basic features - safety and security both and which is brand new and can comfortably seat 4 adults. This is the cheapest car which meets these specs :p

Oh congrats in advance on your future car. Happy hypermiling

Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's not that we can't afford. It's just that why to risk your own and others life when you can save lives and precious hard earned money. Better to give that to poor people rather than wasting on little enjoyment which is dangerous. Otherwise civic is just a family sedan and not for enjoying speed or acceleration. It's the lowest category in developed countries but is a sign of stratus for us. By the way my father bought it for me and I being a soldier can not spend a lot on fuel. Better to save for other needs. ;-)

Sent from my A600 using Tapatalk 2

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    A lot of stuff has been going on regarding the mileage of this car, here is a little something which I felt during a recent trip in it.

Usually, on an even road, or moving downhill, cruise control is a healthy option to maintain speed. Otherwise this car will gain speeds very well above the speed limits and won't even let you feel the slightest of anything if you don't look at the digits on the dash.

BUT, it really screws up your gas mileage if you use it uphill. It floors the car HARD to maintain speed, that's what I've felt. The normal economy of 14-15kpl dropped down to hardly 9 kpl when driven with cruise control uphill. Turn the cruise off and accelerate softly, the mileage will still remain in 13-14 kpl numbers.

I consider what it does for an 1.8L car pretty decent, provided my 1.3L Corolla GLi drinks a liter every 9 or 10 kilometers.
    To get a good fuel economy, one never accelerates uphill for the vehicle goes into a guzzler mode which is always the case with cruise control on. To get good mileage here are the tips:

1. Accelerate downhill and not in a jackrabbit style. With cruise-control on, car doesn't accelerate downhill and one loses the opportunity of using gravity for one's advantage.

2. Never accelerate uphill.

3. Best fuel economy is in 40 to 60 km/hour range.

4. Use a manual transmission than an automatic one for in the latter (automatic) there are power losses in the lower rpm range. In the higher rpm the damping lockup clutch kicks in to reduce power losses in the torque converter of the automatic transmission giving you a 100% contact between the engine and the transmission which is always a 100% contact in a manual regardless of what rpm the engine is at leading to no relative power loss ( in a manual. The pressure plate-clutch based transmission system (manual) is lot more efficient than a torque converter based (automatic) one; this is the reason automatics give you a poor fuel economy than manuals.

5. Don't use worn out tyres, they give you less traction.

6. Always get your ignition timing adjusted with a timing gun at the required specification.

7. Avoid jackrabbit starts.

8. Never carry extra load in the car.

9. Whenever possible use decels (deceleration) than brakes when reducing speed. Try using minimum braking when driving by avoiding higher speeds.

10. Always use a good grade fuel; milaawat say paak.

11. Get you wheel-alignment and balancing done every 10,000 km.

12. Try avoiding cruise-control. Apply the above-mentioned tips manually like decels (deceleration) and accels (acceleration).

Regards.

Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lets not get keyboard happy over a petty thing guys.

There was this specific driving age of mine when I used to over speed a lot, see, there are actually two different issues when one is driving. For some people, the acceleration of the car going ahead is a pain, because they can't maintain their pace so they tend to overtake him.

For the others, its just "Corolla kay aagay city idsi, NO WAY - downshift - rev hard - AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH......"

For some it might be civic kay aagay altis or probably prado k aagay pajero etc.

The point here is, I used to overspeed a lot. Yes a LOT. I've smoked cars, been smoked, scared the crap out of pedestrians and what not.

I am over it now, in fact, I feel ashamed of what I used to do back then. I always wanted the most responsive wheel to be in my palms, now, City iDsi does fine for me

Even if I drive a 4.8L ZX V8 on M2, I barely do 110-120. Mostly its about having a nice chat with the fellow passengers or probably reciting something on a tally counter.

On normal roads, I just try not to get stuck in traffic, not to brake hard and importantly, not tease anyone on my way.

I still have a heavy foot, very heavy as per the fellow pakwheelers who've been with me. But that doesn't involve going mad on the red line.

The thing is, buying a 1.8L and NOT going crazy every time you fire it up is NOT stupid or bull crap. People would say "petrol bachana hy tou mehran le lo". This is ultimate stupidity, had it been an Aventador instead of a civic, the argument would have been perfectly valid.

Get over the fact that civic is meant for SPEED only. It has other luxuries over a mehran besides that.

Its far more suitable to suggest buying an aventador or a gallardo when you have to burn fuel, rather than promoting the idea of buying a mehran for hypermiling.

Everyone has their own ways of driving, I don't usually end up saving fuel much either, but I avoid having FUN on the roads.

Sent from my iPhone
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats exactly my point of view too
    why buy a 1.8 for fuel economy?
    doesn't make much sense
    khair anyways everyone has their right as its their money
    so no offense meant to anyone

Bro, with all due respect, but if that was the case, all cars' brochures above 2000cc under the specifications section would read "who the PHUK cares about economy, find a cheaper and shittier car if you worry about fuel consumption".

Yet you see, fuel economy figures are provided with every consumer car, be it a 2.5L jetta, 3.5L V6 camry/Accord etc etc.

Hamari civic bechari to kisi khayt ki moolee he nahe

Sent from my iPhone
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Watching you guys explain everything so well and with so much sense
    i might become a hypermiler myself soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Watching you guys explain everything so well and with so much sense
    i might become a hypermiler myself soon
    Insha-Allah...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, with all due respect, but if that was the case, all cars' brochures above 2000cc under the specifications section would read "who the PHUK cares about economy, find a cheaper and shittier car if you worry about fuel consumption".

Yet you see, fuel economy figures are provided with every consumer car, be it a 2.5L jetta, 3.5L V6 camry/Accord etc etc.

Hamari civic bechari to kisi khayt ki moolee he nahe

Sent from my iPhone
    sahi kaha CIVIC kis khait ki mooli hai, Pakistani to agar Ferrari bhi lene jaye to pehla sawal yehi karega 1 litre mein kitna karti hai.. no offence to anyone but its true
    Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Third day, same distance travelled. Milewge on 5th December

Honda Civic 2013 Pakistan launch -1314474

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lets not get keyboard happy over a petty thing guys.

There was this specific driving age of mine when I used to over speed a lot, see, there are actually two different issues when one is driving. For some people, the acceleration of the car going ahead is a pain, because they can't maintain their pace so they tend to overtake him.

For the others, its just "Corolla kay aagay city idsi, NO WAY - downshift - rev hard - AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH......"

For some it might be civic kay aagay altis or probably prado k aagay pajero etc.

The point here is, I used to overspeed a lot. Yes a LOT. I've smoked cars, been smoked, scared the crap out of pedestrians and what not.

I am over it now, in fact, I feel ashamed of what I used to do back then. I always wanted the most responsive wheel to be in my palms, now, City iDsi does fine for me

Even if I drive a 4.8L ZX V8 on M2, I barely do 110-120. Mostly its about having a nice chat with the fellow passengers or probably reciting something on a tally counter.

On normal roads, I just try not to get stuck in traffic, not to brake hard and importantly, not tease anyone on my way.

I still have a heavy foot, very heavy as per the fellow pakwheelers who've been with me. But that doesn't involve going mad on the red line.

The thing is, buying a 1.8L and NOT going crazy every time you fire it up is NOT stupid or bull crap. People would say "petrol bachana hy tou mehran le lo". This is ultimate stupidity, had it been an Aventador instead of a civic, the argument would have been perfectly valid.

Get over the fact that civic is meant for SPEED only. It has other luxuries over a mehran besides that.

Its far more suitable to suggest buying an aventador or a gallardo when you have to burn fuel, rather than promoting the idea of buying a mehran for hypermiling.

Everyone has their own ways of driving, I don't usually end up saving fuel much either, but I avoid having FUN on the roads.

Sent from my iPhone
    Very TRUE.

I am myself amazed that why some people keep criticizing CNG vehicles and hypermilers...because Economy is now a days first priority all over the world...even MB and BMW are trying hard to make more fuel efficient cars and even ready to compromise on some traditional aspects of their world fame vehicle like their size , weight etc.

Those who say buy mehran instead of civic or accord for economy, they
    have some serious COMPLEX that too INFERIORITY, which they wommit out by commenting passimistic against hypermilers.

Sent from my A8 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usama1 View Post
    Very TRUE.

I am myself amazed that why some people keep criticizing CNG vehicles and hypermilers...because Economy is now a days first priority all over the world...even MB and BMW are trying hard to make more fuel efficient cars and even ready to compromise on some traditional aspects of their world fame vehicle like their size , weight etc.

Those who say buy mehran instead of civic or accord for economy, they
    have some serious COMPLEX that too INFERIORITY, which they wommit out by commenting passimistic against hypermilers.

Sent from my A8 using PW Forums mobile app
    Very true...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tashkeel View Post
    It's not that we can't afford. It's just that why to risk your own and others life when you can save lives and precious hard earned money. Better to give that to poor people rather than wasting on little enjoyment which is dangerous. Otherwise civic is just a family sedan and not for enjoying speed or acceleration. It's the lowest category in developed countries but is a sign of stratus for us. By the way my father bought it for me and I being a soldier can not spend a lot on fuel. Better to save for other needs. ;-)

in a country where more than 50% cars on road are suzuki mehran/bolan, every sedan is a luxury even honda city..
    Also in price of CIVIC i.e 2.5 million, u get many better options in other countries e.g in Saudi Arabia u can get a 2013 model brand new camry in this price So i think after spending this much amount , CIVIC can be called a luxury car for the price tag it has in Pakistan..

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shk_54 View Post
    in a country where more than 50% cars on road are suzuki mehran/bolan, every sedan is a luxury even honda city..
    Also in price of CIVIC i.e 2.5 million, u get many better options in other countries e.g in Saudi Arabia u can get a 2013 model brand new camry in this price So i think after spending this much amount , CIVIC can be called a luxury car for the price tag it has in Pakistan..

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    You are right in your own way... :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I want to know that is there any subscription period in 2013 Honda Civic Navigation System for MAPS to work?? Because MAPS are not opening now.. Bought Civic in March.. Replies would be welcomed..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zeeshan_gims View Post
    Sorry for bad picture in previous post. This is taken after local commute from my home to university. I would put it in mixed city and highway commute. Pretty amazing right?? Masha Allah!!!

Honda civic 2013   Pakistan launch -1311522
    i dont understand this. you mean to say that honda civic prosmetic is getting better fuel efficiency then honda city

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqasahmed03 View Post
    i dont understand this. you mean to say that honda civic prosmetic is getting better fuel efficiency then honda city
    You cannot trust this way of measuring fuel efficiency. it has a difference of 1-2 kmpl. The correct method is to fill tank to the max using auto stop feature on medium speed and after 100km + drive refill from same pump and then calculate.

While driving and releasing accelerator, i can achieve 40kmpl on an altis 1.6 too lol
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    You cannot trust this way of measuring fuel efficiency. it has a difference of 1-2 kmpl. The correct method is to fill tank to the max using auto stop feature on medium speed and after 100km + drive refill from same pump and then calculate.

While driving and releasing accelerator, i can achieve 40kmpl on an altis 1.6 too lol
    My experience is actually different. I always check my mileage manually but till now either the mileage comes to exactly what gauge shows or it is even better than gauge.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well, but he has taken the mileage of a 20 km distance, and that too in city. so its like, i can get my GLI do 17+ over islo expressway too, but i have the envy for prosmetic if its giving us 18 (no matter how is he driving). we can save money and buy prosmetic too it means. last time i dropped the idea of civic was that i thought that its heavy on fuel and i drive a lot.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqasahmed03 View Post
    Sir, it totally depends on the area where you are driving, the kind of traffic, the road conditions, the relief of road and most importantly the driving style. If the same person drives Honda city manual on same route, I am sure city will do around 22. As per my experience, civic has an advantage of cruise control which saves a lot of fuel actually unless you find an uphill patch.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List