Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My father's 2013 Honda Civic VTI oriel prosmatec with navigation

Hi there,
    We just got our Alabaster Silver Civic VTI oriel P/T delivered.

Attached Images Attached Images   

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

please add a review of the navigation system along with pics. Does it have a good map of lahore?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arsy96 View Post
    I am looking forward to buying this car. I've never had a 1.8 automatic car in the past so this will definitely be an interesting experience. I just wanted to ask that are you only using Hi-Octane on this vehicle? I was told by someone that its preferable to use Hi-octane only it sounds a little too much to me as i've been driving Axio 1.6(manual) on Petrol and it works perfectly fine.
    no, i use regular fuel in this.
    congrats in advance!! i hope you've opted for the new android based navigation.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by none View Post
    @ omar_575 how do the gears change in your prosmatec.are they smooth?i did had the experience to drive a 2013 city 1.3 prosmatec and the shifting was not smooth.vitz 1.0 ltr cvti has a better and smoother ride than city.i did felt a noticeable jerk when the gears changed in the city.wat about the civic auto?we are planning to buy a 1.8 litr car.still not sure abt which one to go for.civic prosmatec or altis cvti.
    there's no jerk in this car, i would definitely recommend the prosmatec version, otherwise you will be sick n tired of changing gears.

as for corolla, its lovely to look at,better than the civic..slightly higher though.. doesnt have an immobiliser- safety is a major concern for me, but if you intend to be driven around by a driver who will take car of the car at all times, then corolla will be okay for you.

you will miss a few goodies found in the civic though, like climate control ,better looking interior,passenger side airbag(more of a safety feature than a luxury), three cameras (kidding, you will be fine with one )

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    ^the 8th gen keyless remote does not fade . quality has sure gone down

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    the jack knife keys buttons are made in pakistan
    the mechanism of the jack knifing is made in japan/thailand otherwise that would've fallen apart on the second day if it was locally manufactured

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MySchizoBuddy View Post
    please add a review of the navigation system along with pics. Does it have a good map of lahore?
    i will do that.
    however please note that it has now been replaced with an android based navigation.
    the maps of lahore are detailed and i haven't been lost yet (i get lost alot- even in my local market)
    the touch is smooth and has good features (as mentioned in my earlier posts). however i shall take pics of the maps and post them here soon

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    the jack knife keys buttons are made in pakistan
    the mechanism of the jack knifing is made in japan/thailand otherwise that would've fallen apart on the second day if it was locally manufactured
    Don't condemn local manufacturing outright. Even in China, it is all about making a part to a certain cost. Quality can always improve if Atlas Honda (and by association their customers) are willing to pay for it. It is Atlas Honda's responsibility to ensure 100% QC. Of course for that to work, all three parties (part manufacturer, Atlas Honda and the end customer) must be 100% honest and committed toward improvement.

With regards to PROSMATEC, I will appreciate if you can clear some of my doubts. I will preface this by stating that I have primarily driven manual transmission in Honda cars. However, auto transmission has gained my interest since everyone at home can easily drive such a car compared to only those having experience with manual transmission. There is also some curiosity from reading various posts and manuals which I want to clarify.

1 - Do you have experience with manual transmission variant of this same car? If so, any comments on observed differences?
    2 - Is there enough power while overtaking? In manual variants, one can down shift at higher gears and overtake quickly at high engine RPMs. Is something similar possible with automatic transmission?
    3 - How reliable is automatic transmission in comparison to manual? What care does automatic transmission require and what are typical associated costs with regards to servicing and repair over the manual one?
    4 - Mileage matters. I have read that CVT transmission can give equivalent mileage to carefully driven manual variants abroad. IIRC, PROSMATEC is not CVT and gives less mileage than manual. How much mileage difference is there in actual use?
    5 - Is there any override mechanism in case the auto transmission fails?
    6 - Jerk issue between shifting gears has been observed in local Honda cars (specifically City) on auto transmission. You say that jerks are not there when gears shift in auto variant. Does this change at different rates of acceleration? Is the transmission in Civic models abroad same as the one available locally here?
    7 - Do you know if Atlas has any plans for introducing CVT transmission to Civic having similar or preferably higher gear count?
    8 - Doesn't driving on highways/motorways become boring and more hazardous (due to sleepiness) when you don't even have gears to shift?

I look forward to reading your observations in this regard.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i agree with you.civic has more options.exterior of altis is slightly better.but civic easily wins when you compare the interior.the only thing better in altis is the transmission.the cvt-i is much smoother than a normal auto.my concern in buying a prosmatec are the jerks i felt when i drove the city.I have never driven a civic auto.So have no idea how will it perform. i have a couple of questions..... 1- does the car accelerate in fifth gear at high speeds e.g from 120 - 130 km/h provided one is not going uphill or downhill.i mean when u press it gently.When u press it hard obviously it wud downshift 2-at high speeds like 140- 150km/h does the car stay in fifth gear.civc auto has very tall gearing.its reving quite low at these speeds.can it maintain these speeds in fifth gear?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
    Don't condemn local manufacturing outright. Even in China, it is all about making a part to a certain cost. Quality can always improve if Atlas Honda (and by association their customers) are willing to pay for it. It is Atlas Honda's responsibility to ensure 100% QC. Of course for that to work, all three parties (part manufacturer, Atlas Honda and the end customer) must be 100% honest and committed toward improvement
    Unfortunately, here the first two parties are not that honest.. and the cars local components are not as good as they should be ... to name a few:
    1. The Eurostar Tyres
    2. the boot opening mechanism... gave problems initially to every 9th gen PKDM civic owner
    3. the buttons of the jack knife key
    I am glad the steering wheel, electronics and other important features of the car are imported and assembled here. so Yes, I have to condemn the local manufacturing as it is clearly of poor quality. and at a cost of 24 lacs back then, you do feel that this car should've had better quality parts

With regards to PROSMATEC, I will appreciate if you can clear some of my doubts. I will preface this by stating that I have primarily driven manual transmission in Honda cars. However, auto transmission has gained my interest since everyone at home can easily drive such a car compared to only those having experience with manual transmission. There is also some curiosity from reading various posts and manuals which I want to clarify.

1 - Do you have experience with manual transmission variant of this same car? If so, any comments on observed differences
    I have never driven the manual variant of this car
    2 - Is there enough power while overtaking? In manual variants, one can down shift at higher gears and overtake quickly at high engine RPMs. Is something similar possible with automatic transmission
    the auto tranny is excellent. I have never felt this car lacking acceleration, if you want sudden acceleration, just floor it and it will drop a gear or two down
    3 - How reliable is automatic transmission in comparison to manual? What care does automatic transmission require and what are typical associated costs with regards to servicing and repair over the manual one?
    so far i have not had to pay any extra cost for the automatic tranny.. it requires a change of automatic transmission fluid at 50k kms i guess and thats the only thing reqd.
    4 - Mileage matters. I have read that CVT transmission can give equivalent mileage to carefully driven manual variants abroad. IIRC, PROSMATEC is not CVT and gives less mileage than manual. How much mileage difference is there in actual use
    the mileage all depends on the driver.. in a manual car the gear change is upto the driver.. he can change gears at high rpms or at low rpms. in this car, the gears are changed at ideal RPMs, and thanks to "ECO" mode -which does help btw, the mileage of the prosmatec is quite good.
    5 - Is there any override mechanism in case the auto transmission fails?
    yes, theres a override button next to the autotranny to activate it.
    6 - Jerk issue between shifting gears has been observed in local Honda cars (specifically City) on auto transmission. You say that jerks are not there when gears shift in auto variant. Does this change at different rates of acceleration? Is the transmission in Civic models abroad same as the one available locally here
    there is no noticeable jerk in this car, i drive it in the city,the mountains and on the motorway and i have not regretted choosing the auto variant. havent noticed any jerks at 30 km/hr or at 150 km/hr
    if you accelerate gradually, the gears shift at low RPMS.. however when you floor it the gear changes at higher RPMS to give maximum power
    7 - Do you know if Atlas has any plans for introducing CVT transmission to Civic having similar or preferably higher gear count?
    they might introduce CVT in the next model in 5-7 years but in my opinion, i dont see any reason to replace this. you dont need more than 5 gears - unless you intend to drive beyond 150 km/hr daily, which is unlikely
    8 - Doesn't driving on highways/motorways become boring and more hazardous (due to sleepiness) when you don't even have gears to shift
    never, the car has cruise control which we activate when going from lahore to kallar kahar, take our feet off the pedals and relax. the cruise control can't be used beyond that as the roads are curvy and you feel that the car is out of control if you dont have your foot on the accelerator
    you only feel tired when you're under rested.. never due to an auto tranny/cruise control

I look forward to reading your observations in this regard.
    We bought our first automatic car in 2012- It was a 660 cc JDM (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-daihatsu-move). although i never took it on the motorway, it was a pleasure to drive in the city. the gear changes had noticaeble jerks at high speeds but it was still very relaxing.
    Then we bought this auto in 2013.
    we were quite apprehensive about it and had the same reservations as you, but the experince has been exceptionally good. I am glad we chose this over the other cars (JDMs, UKDMs, German cars) as its easy to maintain, parts are easily available and its guaranteed brand new -unlike having a reveresed odometer found in imports.

now that the new corolla is out, I would not recommend it on these basis(talking about the altis grande here):

1. no immobiliser- this is a must have security feature in pakistan
    2. no climate control- thats something that should be in a car at a price beyond 20 lacs
    3. no passenger airbag- i wouldn't want my passenger to suffer due to my stupidity... if my head is saved from cracking then so should be hers/his
    4. boring interior, look at the civics interior.. its the best interiors ever made in pakistan
    5. initial teething issues, the civic had some issues too, which were resolved in the first 5-6 months of it's launch.
    6. no ECO mode
    7. same luxury specs available in 17 lacs GLI as in top of the line corolla

pro's of the corolla-

1. better looking exterior- you wont notice it in a few days, excpet for your vegetable guy saying : "aap kee new car pyaree hai"
    2. 7 speed CVTI- won't give drastic improvements in mileage but on paper, it looks good
    3. resale is better
    4. paddle shifts- will never be used

as you can see, the civic auto is the best option for you. when buying a car, buy top of the line variant... a few lacs won't do any harm ... but sunroof( gives the car an airy feel), navigation system,cruise control all are a must.
    If you want to buy a basic civic, buy the corolla GLI instead. when it comes to basic models, the corolla has an edge over the civic (almost same features for less price) . however, there is no PKDM equivalent of the Honda civic vti oriel prosmatec with naviagtion in silver color

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by none View Post
    i agree with you.civic has more options.exterior of altis is slightly better.but civic easily wins when you compare the interior.the only thing better in altis is the transmission.the cvt-i is much smoother than a normal auto.my concern in buying a prosmatec are the jerks i felt when i drove the city.I have never driven a civic auto.So have no idea how will it perform. i have a couple of questions..... 1- does the car accelerate in fifth gear at high speeds e.g from 120 - 130 km/h provided one is not going uphill or downhill.i mean when u press it gently.When u press it hard obviously it wud downshift 2-at high speeds like 140- 150km/h does the car stay in fifth gear.civc auto has very tall gearing.its reving quite low at these speeds.can it maintain these speeds in fifth gear?
    the civic has no problems in any gear at any speed, i have driven it on all sorts of roads and i'm a person who's hard to convince but this car has been exceptionally good- no jerks at all, excellent mileage, a comfortable well equipped interior... you won't regret buying the auto variant

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no, i use regular fuel in this.
    congrats in advance!! i hope you've opted for the new android based navigation.
    i will do that.
    however please note that it has now been replaced with an android based navigation.
    the maps of lahore are detailed and i haven't been lost yet (i get lost alot- even in my local market)
    the touch is smooth and has good features (as mentioned in my earlier posts). however i shall take pics of the maps and post them here soon
    I have two options; Get the car now and upgrade to android based system later in August OR get the car with the new system in August.
    So i was just wondering which one do you suggest? Also does your car come with front camera? How much did they charge for the upgrade?
    'One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.' -Gerard Way.My Chemical Romance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have two options; Get the car now and upgrade to android based system later in August OR get the car with the new system in August.
    So i was just wondering which one do you suggest? Also does your car come with front camera? How much did they charge for the upgrade?
    get the new system. its android based thus faster.
    the new system is 9,000 more expensive than the old one(costed around 60,000). and is worth it!
    no, my car only has a rear camera

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there's no jerk in this car, i would definitely recommend the prosmatec version, otherwise you will be sick n tired of changing gears.

as for corolla, its lovely to look at,better than the civic..slightly higher though.. doesnt have an immobiliser- safety is a major concern for me, but if you intend to be driven around by a driver who will take car of the car at all times, then corolla will be okay for you.

you will miss a few goodies found in the civic though, like climate control ,better looking interior,passenger side airbag(more of a safety feature than a luxury), three cameras (kidding, you will be fine with one )
    THREE cameras?
    'One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.' -Gerard Way.My Chemical Romance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

THREE cameras?
    Yes. The normal rear camera, a camera attached next to the Honda logo on the bonnet and a third one on the navigation system for Skype calls (only possible if you attach an Internet usb like ptcl evo).

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MySchizoBuddy View Post
    here you go bro, i find the touch reasonable and there is no lag. switching from navigation to radio to phone is pretty smooth.
    I do get lost quite often and it guides me back home. I have saved my house in the favorites section and all i gotta do is select it as my destination. the gora voice guides me back home (i wish there was a punjabi voice too ). It has detailed maps of islamabad and most major roads uptil Bhurban,Murree
    I have no complaints regarding this.
    The screen should have been AMOLED (ie increases in brightness in the sun and decreases at night)..but I've had to use it in the sun, I just put my hand as a shade and quickly select my house as the destination when I'm lost in the local markets small streets

It has now been replaced by a better android based system.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Finally got mine. Prosmatec Oriel

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congrats! Is it with the new android based navigation system?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think no, i asked the honda sales guy and he goes it will be for cars delivered in August...with the new system selected at the time of booking...
    Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vaux View Post
    I think no, i asked the honda sales guy and he goes it will be for cars delivered in August...with the new system selected at the time of booking...
    Haw, so our brother is just a few days early? I hope not, I hope he got the new navigation system... I would love to read its reviews since I've heard good things about it-personally I haven't found any issues with the current one either but this will be better for sure

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is bronze mica right?

"Speed limits are like herpes. Once you get them, you can never get rid of them." -Jeremy Clarkson

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know.... I am the other unfortunate one .. my car's delivery is due after eid and its coming with the old one, they didnt agree on upgrading it..

Omer, do you have any idea if it has RCAs at its back? especially to control subwoofer?

Haw, so our brother is just a few days early? I hope not, I hope he got the new navigation system... I would love to read its reviews since I've heard good things about it-personally I haven't found any issues with the current one either but this will be better for sure
    Always do the right thing. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

User Tag List