Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Atlas Honda's Civic has performed tremendously well in sales!

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    supereagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    52
    Posts
    599
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Lightbulb Atlas Honda's Civic has performed tremendously well in sales!

    Dear all,
    I desperately need a new car. The new Honda Civic by Atlas Honda is attracting me a lot. Despite its high price it has performed very well among the public in sales. The old Honda Reborn was introduced in 2006 and replaced by the current model in October 2012. In all those years a total of 45,479 units were sold and to date, in about a year, about 14000 units have been sold of the new 2013 Atlas Honda Civic which is a very pretty performance (Why Honda Pakistan wants to double the production next year | PakWheels Blog)

    Just compare it with its rival the Indus Motor's Toyota Corolla Altis. Back in 2011, Indus Motors reduced the engine from 1.8L to 1.6 in an attempt to sell the car with the hope that it will sell well because of the reduced price. People didn't even spit on it. Now this gives Indus Motors a clear message; stop playing games with us, improve your product and give us quality otherwise we will not even think of spitting on your Altis.

    Indus only sells its XLi and GLi well. The 1.6 GLi Auto has attracted users well who want an automatic transmission. Virtually the 1.6 GLi Auto and 1.6 Altis Auto are the same cars. Same old Phit (SOS). Now this is what you call playing games. Get a 1.6 GLi Auto and 'convert' it into an Altis, my word, what a mess Indus Motors is giving us.

    The new 2014 Corolla is being eagerly awaited by car users which is to be launched soon by Indus Motors in a few months. I hope Indus Motors learns some lesson with the failure of its Altis with its competition with the Honda Civic.

    Compared to Indus Motor's crappy Altis, the Atlas Honda's Civic Reborn and the new 2013 Civic have a good resale value. If you do a survey of the market, you won't find many 1.6 Altis buyers but you will find a lot of Atlas Honda's Civic buyers even though it is an automatic. This is quite amazing.

    Q.E.D (quod erat demonstrandum):​ The Atlas Honda's Civic is a better car than Indus Motor's Toyota Corolla Altis.

    Regards.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

  2. #21
    PakWheeler Follow
    galaxy3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    21
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I ve Altis MT SR. I had an option to buy Civic but i preffered it over civic due to price difference, lesser engine CC (lesser registration cost and token tax), almost same fuel average, comparatively better suspension, toyota engine reliability, stability at higher speed (civic much lighter). What i ve lost. 1.8 engine, new shape with much better interior, driving pleasure, good dead arc clearance, much better AC, immobilizer, dvr side airbag.
    So in end i would say that it boils down to ur personal choice, how much one has in his kitty. Driving factor for me was brand name ' toyota", difference of 3 lac fm civic oriel MT, reservation abt civic rear shape.
    Finally to share with u, altis is my third car. My first car was 2000 VTI, 2nd city 2007. On lighter note my wife is still of the view that it was a bad decision to buy altis.
    Regards to all.

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Retaliator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    8
    Posts
    1,445
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Make corolla save from theft and i ll buy it. Even though Honda Atlas offering better engines I ll prefer Corolla cuz its "Toyota durable".

    Current Civic is performing well cuz of the better suspension and fuel economy.
    -

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    MuhammadMusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    887
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    Make corolla save from theft and i ll buy it. Even though Honda Atlas offering better engines I ll prefer Corolla cuz its "Toyota durable".

    Current Civic is performing well cuz of the better suspension and fuel economy.
    Sir I don't think even civic's are safer these days

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    Make corolla save from theft and i ll buy it. Even though Honda Atlas offering better engines I ll prefer Corolla cuz its "Toyota durable".

    Current Civic is performing well cuz of the better suspension and fuel economy.
    Lolz Civic in Pak has no competition so definitely it will be best performer in its segment.Low altis is almost 3lakhs cheaper and 1.6 as well so no competition

    Sent from my GT-N7100
    Aunda Fan

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Newton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Can some body post total sale of altis ?

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    mubashirbukhari's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    59
    Posts
    85
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mwm749 View Post
    Kindly highlight DESIGN & Manufacturing defects, I will take it up with Indus.
    I wud also like to know. I think 1 thing is lack of safety i.e in Xli no airbags, ABS, but i dunno more

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    supereagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    52
    Posts
    599
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aqs29 View Post
    Since u r singing such praises for Honda, then why don't u go & buy it.
    Mohtaram aqs29 Sahib aqs29,
    Baat quality key hay. I don't think I will go for Atlas Honda brand because I've heard a lot of quality issues in Honda. On the other hand I've heard that Toyota Indus' cars are lot better in quality, they last longer because they are strongly built for the rough roads of Pakistan. I had a chance of test driving a mint 2008 Honda Civic VTi Oriel Prosmatec. Believe you me, the ride was pathetic and it had done only 41000 km. On the other hand I test drove a Corolla and loved the ride and it was a 2010 GLi and was in a mint condition. Toyota's suspension is superb.

    I plan to test drive a 2013 Honda Civic VTi Oriel Prosmatec and will post my take.

    2.7 million main agar humain yay quality mil rahee hay tau what more can I say!

    No offence to Honda lovers.

    Regards.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    supereagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    52
    Posts
    599
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mwm749 View Post
    What ever, Corolla is still the best selling car in the WORLD.

    Did not understand the purpose of this thread.
    Bhai Jaan mwm 749 Sahib mwm749,
    Ghaltee ho gayee sir jee, Corolla is lot better than Civic when it comes to quality. But I have to say that Toyota Indus has to improve its Altis more with latest features. I'm sure the new Corolla coming to Pakistan in 2014 will be a resounding success.

    I won't buy a Civic for 2.7 million. Instead I'll go for a Mercedes C Class for around 3.0 million.

    Regards.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mwm749's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supereagle View Post
    Bhai Jaan mwm 749 Sahib mwm749,
    Ghaltee ho gayee sir jee, Corolla is lot better than Civic when it comes to quality. But I have to say that Toyota Indus has to improve its Altis more with latest features. I'm sure the new Corolla coming to Pakistan in 2014 will be a resounding success.

    I won't buy a Civic for 2.7 million. Instead I'll go for a Mercedes C Class for around 3.0 million.

    Regards.
    Dear Supereagle,

    I agree with you 100%, but then buying a 3.0 Million C Class is inviting trouble.

    I will play safe and wait for new Altis to replace my 1.8 Cruisetronic.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    supereagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    52
    Posts
    599
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy3 View Post
    I ve Altis MT SR. I had an option to buy Civic but i preffered it over civic due to price difference, lesser engine CC (lesser registration cost and token tax), almost same fuel average, comparatively better suspension, toyota engine reliability, stability at higher speed (civic much lighter). What i ve lost. 1.8 engine, new shape with much better interior, driving pleasure, good dead arc clearance, much better AC, immobilizer, dvr side airbag.
    So in end i would say that it boils down to ur personal choice, how much one has in his kitty. Driving factor for me was brand name ' toyota", difference of 3 lac fm civic oriel MT, reservation abt civic rear shape.
    Finally to share with u, altis is my third car. My first car was 2000 VTI, 2nd city 2007. On lighter note my wife is still of the view that it was a bad decision to buy altis.
    Regards to all.
    Mohtaram galaxy3 Sahib galaxy3,
    I've to say that you have done the right decision by going for Corolla and not a Civic. Corolla is a better car and is built to last. The ride and the suspension is better than Civic's. Toyota's quality is robust too. I'll go for an Altis rather than a Civic. Toyota knows that people who understand quality will go for a Corolla and not a Civic.

    Regards.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    supereagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    52
    Posts
    599
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mwm749 View Post
    Dear Supereagle,

    I agree with you 100%, but then buying a 3.0 Million C Class is inviting trouble.

    I will play safe and wait for new Altis to replace my 1.8 Cruisetronic.
    Mohtaram mwm749 Sahib mwm749,
    What year is your 1.8 Cruisetronic? I hope Toyota launches its 1.8 Cruisetronic again in 2014. If yes then I'll go for it.

    People do have some very good C class cars in Pakistan. What do you think are the cons of buying a 3.0 million C Class?

    Regards.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    Kuwaiti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    23
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Mittti Pao Yaaaar -.- Sanu Ki ....
    One In A Million

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mwm749's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supereagle View Post
    Mohtaram mwm749 Sahib mwm749,
    What year is your 1.8 Cruisetronic? I hope Toyota launches its 1.8 Cruisetronic again in 2014. If yes then I'll go for it.

    People do have some very good C class cars in Pakistan. What do you think are the cons of buying a 3.0 million C Class?

    Regards.
    I bought 1.8 Cruisetronic in 2010, when I learn't that 1.8 is being discontinued. My decision was based on my experience with Civic.

    Its true that Civic has style and sporty drive, but I did not like the choppy ride over our roads.

    I opted for Altis for its smooth ride and tiptronic gear box. I have not regretted my decision.

    I wanted to buy C-180 (W-203), and searched everywhere I found only 1 car to my liking owned by fellow PW in Abbotabad.
    Unfortunately could not close the deal.

    Rest were crap, with high milage. MB is nice car to drive but you need thick wallet to maintain them.Atlas Hondas Civic has performed tremendously well in sales! -1328185
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    supereagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    52
    Posts
    599
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mwm749 View Post
    I bought 1.8 Cruisetronic in 2010, when I learn't that 1.8 is being discontinued. My decision was based on my experience with Civic.

    Its true that Civic has style and sporty drive, but I did not like the choppy ride over our roads.

    I opted for Altis for its smooth ride and tiptronic gear box. I have not regretted my decision.

    I wanted to buy C-180 (W-203), and searched everywhere I found only 1 car to my liking owned by fellow PW in Abbotabad.
    Unfortunately could not close the deal.

    Rest were crap, with high milage. MB is nice car to drive but you need thick wallet to maintain them.Atlas Hondas Civic has performed tremendously well in sales! -1328185
    Bhai Jaan mwm749,
    Your baby is lovely. Colour is beautiful too. Baichnee hay tau baat karain.

    Regards.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mwm749's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @ supereagle .....its not an ordinary car.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •