Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Urgent advice required- Best battery for civic 1.6 vti oriel automatic 1999 model

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Question Urgent advice required- Best battery for civic 1.6 vti oriel automatic 1999 model

    Hello to all PW's.

    Hope you are fine.

    As title suggest I need quick advice from experts for best battery for my car civic 99 1.6 vti oriel automatic. My car battery fb is now weak after 3 years of usage and now need replacing.

    I am more incline towards VOLTA MF battery because Bosh, Hankook and AC DELCO are mostly here fake or have old stock and too expensive. So big No to imported batteries.

    I went to one battery shop, he said VOLTA MF 12v-68amp is best for your car. Is this right ratting for battery for my car or I need some higher rating amperage battery such as 90amp?

    Also what is difference between L and R in MF batteries?

    I go through VOLTA webise and found some models of MF batteries, can any one here tell us about amperage rating of each batteries listed there in VOLTA Website?

    Volta Batteries | A product of Pakistan Accumulators Pvt. Ltd.

    Please @Xulfiqar help me to choose best amperage battery which supports my alternator rating as well.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,207
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Wow they have TVCs and print media on their website but no spec sheet of the batteries? very professional indeed

    68AMPS battery should be enough but you have to first confirm whether this 68 is a serial number or actually the amps. Usually battery model (e.g XX120) does not mean it is 120amp battery and actually capacity is lesser may be ~90. This can only be confirm from a spec sheet which volta is not providing on their website.

    L and R is polarity. A model with L means that positive terminal of battery is on its right side. My car uses R and its common configuration so many models which do not specify L or R means its an R type

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    Wow they have TVCs and print media on their website but no spec sheet of the batteries? very professional indeed

    68AMPS battery should be enough but you have to first confirm whether this 68 is a serial number or actually the amps. Usually battery model (e.g XX120) does not mean it is 120amp battery and actually capacity is lesser may be ~90. This can only be confirm from a spec sheet which volta is not providing on their website.

    L and R is polarity. A model with L means that positive terminal of battery is on its right side. My car uses R and its common configuration so many models which do not specify L or R means its an R type
    Then by which way we can know the exact amp rating before buy?

    I think you wrote wrong R mean +ve terminal is on right side and L means opposite.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    need urgent help from experts because I will buy battery today.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,207
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    Then by which way we can know the exact amp rating before buy?

    I think you wrote wrong R mean +ve terminal is on right side and L means opposite.
    I think i wrote correctly, have a look (just for comparison) Welcome to BayBat | Batteries for cars and trucks
    But that's not an issue because once you take out the previous battery you can compare whether an L type would fit or an R type.

    Exact AH can only be found from manufacturer's spec sheet. In this case, they have not uploaded it on their website so you can either call them or email them with the model number and get the spec sheet. Or at least ask them the actual capacity (if possible other parameters too) of a particular model

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Is 90amp VOLTA MF can be fitted in civic 99 vti oriel automatic?
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    ustaad_007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sir 90 amp kya karna hai laga k, 55 amp bhee bhaut hain aap ki car k liyan.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ustaad_007 View Post
    Sir 90 amp kya karna hai laga k, 55 amp bhee bhaut hain aap ki car k liyan.
    Sir, greater the amp more will be current supplied by battery and less will be load on battery.That's why i am asking here is 90amp battery will fit in my car ?
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    I think i wrote correctly, have a look (just for comparison) Welcome to BayBat | Batteries for cars and trucks
    But that's not an issue because once you take out the previous battery you can compare whether an L type would fit or an R type.

    Exact AH can only be found from manufacturer's spec sheet. In this case, they have not uploaded it on their website so you can either call them or email them with the model number and get the spec sheet. Or at least ask them the actual capacity (if possible other parameters too) of a particular model
    Sir, L means +ve terminal is on left side and R means +ve terminal on right side.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,207
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    Sir, L means +ve terminal is on left side and R means +ve terminal on right side.
    I gave you link, you can see in pictures that when battery is facing towards you, if positive is on Right side then the battery is L-type.

    Sir, greater the amp more will be current supplied by battery and less will be load on battery.That's why i am asking here is 90amp battery will fit in my car ?
    I am using a 55amp battery in my civic 05 btw. The 55AH is the total capacity of battery. Which means that under ideal conditions, you can draw 55Amps for one hour before it is depleted. To cut the story short, you don't need a 90AH battery. If you still want it, go for it as long as it fits inside.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    I gave you link, you can see in pictures that when battery is facing towards you, if positive is on Right side then the battery is L-type.



    I am using a 55amp battery in my civic 05 btw. The 55AH is the total capacity of battery. Which means that under ideal conditions, you can draw 55Amps for one hour before it is depleted. To cut the story short, you don't need a 90AH battery. If you still want it, go for it as long as it fits inside.
    Yes I know it.

    BTW which battery exactly you are using in your car?
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,207
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by galant1 View Post
    Yes I know it.

    BTW which battery exactly you are using in your car?
    Previously i was using volta (dont remember the exact model but its ~50amps) and it lasted 3 years, could have gone more but one cell got short due to my negligence by letting it go too low on fluid... This time I went to dealer, he tried 3 new volta batteries but none of them worked after 20mins charging so either volta quality dropped or that batch was bad. Then He put in phoenix without any initial charging (since 1.5hours were already wasted) and it cranked the engine right up! (my ups battery is also phoenix and its running good)

    Sorry i have never used a dry battery so cannot recommend a brand. However if you go for wet battery then make sure the electrolyte is of good quality

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HellsGuardian View Post
    Previously i was using volta (dont remember the exact model but its ~50amps) and it lasted 3 years, could have gone more but one cell got short due to my negligence by letting it go too low on fluid... This time I went to dealer, he tried 3 new volta batteries but none of them worked after 20mins charging so either volta quality dropped or that batch was bad. Then He put in phoenix without any initial charging (since 1.5hours were already wasted) and it cranked the engine right up! (my ups battery is also phoenix and its running good)

    Sorry i have never used a dry battery so cannot recommend a brand. However if you go for wet battery then make sure the electrolyte is of good quality
    It is regret to say dealers have cheap and low quality electrolyte which causing the battery to tear down very soon. That's why now no more acid batteries.

    Its time to switch to best quality MF batteries
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Xulfiqar

    Please help me for choosing the right MF battery for my car.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Xulfiqar

    Please help me for choosing the right amp rating MF battery for my car.
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    forget the MF batteries

    This car was made by Atlas Honda Motorcars and supplied it with an AGS battery (which I dont exactly recall right now), it is still sold in Pakistan. For the best performance and life use a good quality electrolyte, you will need to make it fresh with true distilled water and 1.270 SG verified by scales and not just their beat up silly hydrometer.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    readymade electrolyte is also available, it comes in fiamm branded bottles
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    galant1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,175
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    forget the MF batteries

    This car was made by Atlas Honda Motorcars and supplied it with an AGS battery (which I dont exactly recall right now), it is still sold in Pakistan. For the best performance and life use a good quality electrolyte, you will need to make it fresh with true distilled water and 1.270 SG verified by scales and not just their beat up silly hydrometer.
    @Xulfiqar

    Yes you are 100% right. What do you think about exact amp rating for car? I am not aware of right amp rating battery for my car.

    Can you tell me how much ampere of battery should I use so that all devices can run without problem and no over load on battery and on alternator in the end ?

    Either I buy 68amp, 90amp battery or what you recommend for high performance in all seasons? Also Is 90 amp battery will fit in my car exactly? What I buy?
    Engineer + Car's Passion = Enthusiastic Personality.

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    wasim625's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,243
    Follows
    0
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    forget the MF batteries

    This car was made by Atlas Honda Motorcars and supplied it with an AGS battery (which I dont exactly recall right now), it is still sold in Pakistan. For the best performance and life use a good quality electrolyte, you will need to make it fresh with true distilled water and 1.270 SG verified by scales and not just their beat up silly hydrometer.
    Scales? I thought a hydrometer is a scale to measure SG isn't it?

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,207
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wasim625 View Post
    Scales? I thought a hydrometer is a scale to measure SG isn't it?
    He meant that before preparation everything should be measured precisely. If done correctly, you will end up with 1270SG. You cannot use hydrometer to prepare electrolyte right? All you can do is to use it afterwards to check if its SG is correct. Also he mentioned "beat up silly" hydrometer.

    @margallar is it available in isb/rwp? In lahore there is this pyro chemicals which deliver top quality electrolyte at your door step. They also have pure distil water... Wondering if there is any such thing in isb/rwp

    @galant1
    @Xulfiqar bhai not everyone is as experienced and professional as you are! IMHO you should not advise him to make electrolyte by himself

  21. 17-03-2015, 11:22 AM

    Senior PakWheeler

    Reason
    inappropriate

  22. 17-03-2015, 11:47 AM

    Senior PakWheeler

    Reason
    inappropriate

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •