Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By lawyered

Thread: How should one go about replacing the windscreen of a Honda Civic 2005?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default How should one go about replacing the windscreen of a Honda Civic 2005?

Hello everybody.

I happen to own a Honda Civic 2005, commonly known as "eagle eye," and the windscreen on my car is in a deplorable condition. There are just a lot of scratches and swirls on it which makes for very poor visibility at night as the headlights from oncoming traffic make it very difficult to drive, even during the day direct sunlight reduces the visibility by quite a bit.

Obviously this poses a risk to me and others that I share the road with, I have researched options such as buffing or waxing the windscreen, but they appear to be temporary fixes whereas I'm looking for a more permanent and lasting solution. I have perused countless threads on Pakwheels regarding the matter and there appears to be a conflict of views: some say it's better to go with a 3S dealer while others are of the view that one should go to a popular auto parts markets, Plaza in Karachi, and take your pick as prices can range from 2,500 to 8,000. It has also been expressed multiple times that 3D dealers are cashing in on the "genuine parts" mantra and charging more for effectively the same item one can get for less in a popular auto parts market.

I am well aware that 3S dealers don't have parts in stock for older models and that they're sourcing them from suppliers in Thailand. On the other hand, money isn't an issue as far as repairs on my cars go, I recently spent six figures on major mechanical overhaul on this very car and I now have more fun driving it than my 2015 GLI. All of the mechanical work was done at Honda Drive In and I have been very impressed with the way they've done things.

I'm looking for a permanent solution to my predicament, a painless installation process with surety that I won't run into any problems after the windscreen has been swapped. I don't necessarily have the time to go back again just to get a small issue fixed.

I hope that the fine minds here at Pakwheels will be able to further guide me regarding this matter, I look forward to your valuable input.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lawyered View Post
    Hello everybody.

I happen to own a Honda Civic 2005, commonly known as "eagle eye," and the windscreen on my car is in a deplorable condition. There are just a lot of scratches and swirls on it which makes for very poor visibility at night as the headlights from oncoming traffic make it very difficult to drive, even during the day direct sunlight reduces the visibility by quite a bit.

Obviously this poses a risk to me and others that I share the road with, I have researched options such as buffing or waxing the windscreen, but they appear to be temporary fixes whereas I'm looking for a more permanent and lasting solution. I have perused countless threads on Pakwheels regarding the matter and there appears to be a conflict of views: some say it's better to go with a 3S dealer while others are of the view that one should go to a popular auto parts markets, Plaza in Karachi, and take your pick as prices can range from 2,500 to 8,000. It has also been expressed multiple times that 3D dealers are cashing in on the "genuine parts" mantra and charging more for effectively the same item one can get for less in a popular auto parts market.

I am well aware that 3S dealers don't have parts in stock for older models and that they're sourcing them from suppliers in Thailand. On the other hand, money isn't an issue as far as repairs on my cars go, I recently spent six figures on major mechanical overhaul on this very car and I now have more fun driving it than my 2015 GLI. All of the mechanical work was done at Honda Drive In and I have been very impressed with the way they've done things.

I'm looking for a permanent solution to my predicament, a painless installation process with surety that I won't run into any problems after the windscreen has been swapped. I don't necessarily have the time to go back again just to get a small issue fixed.

I hope that the fine minds here at Pakwheels will be able to further guide me regarding this matter, I look forward to your valuable input.
    bro easy solution is go to Water Pump in Karachi and get your screen buffed and after that ,fill your wind washer with good quality glass cleaner (not ordinary water)
    it will last your screen fresh for upto 5 years

in my car,my watchman wiped screen with my old shirt cloth that had a small screw in pocket and also had steel button.

this shirt put bad marks,scratches on front wind screen but after buffing and usage of proper glass cleaner(not ordinary water) gives good result
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Better change it with a reasonable quality new windscreen from market. In my opinion for a 10 years old car I won't recommend to buy a expensive screen. Just try to buy in between 5K to 6K. Buffing a badly scratched screen would further spoil the vision. Get it installed from a professional and experienced worker so that he seal it properly.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List