Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Civic 9 Gen or Altis Grande or Civic 10 Gen?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Post Civic 9 Gen or Altis Grande or Civic 10 Gen?

I am interested to buy a new sedan automatic 1800 cc. I am working in private sector and based in Lahore with frequent travelling both Urban and Rural. Currently, I am using City 1.3 ivtec 2013 model. I have two options, either to go for Civic Vti Oriel Prosmatic OR Altis Grande CVTi. Based on my personal experience with previous honda car, seeing both vehicles at dealers, I intend to go for Civic due to comfort. I have never driven a corolla in the past. I will appreciate if the PW members and owners of both cars can give their precious suggestions whether I should prefer Altis Grande CVTi OR Civic VTI Oriel Prosmatic? Just in case you recommend to go for Civic, then second questions is whether I should go for the current 9 Generation Civic or should i wait for the 10th Gen civic? I mean is it really worth waiting for the new Civic and would I really regret if I buy the Civic 9 Gen now and later new one is launched? How much different is 10th Gen from 9 Gen?

Your suggestions, opinion based on the reasons will be highly appreciated. Thanks

(PS: I have gone through mostly threads related to this topic, so please do not suggest me to read them again. Question here is to seek your opinion on three of the available options.)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

suspension of civic is stiff as well.. cannot compare it with soft suspension of corolla.
    moving from urban to rural. again should be corolla. as its more durable suspension wise.
    resale. again corolla.
    Before you criticize someone, Make sure you are better than them.............

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda is better in every aspect. Comfort, durability, performance, everything. You should definitely go for civic. Talk about resale? He hss to go to rural areas, the car should be secure too, unlike the corolla which has never had an immobilizer to date lmaoo.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza2501 View Post
    Honda is better in every aspect. Comfort, durability, performance, everything. You should definitely go for civic. Talk about resale? He hss to go to rural areas, the car should be secure too, unlike the corolla which has never had an immobilizer to date lmaoo.
    Sir plz chek out the new thread of corolla. Every variant of corolla now BOOKED will b equiped with immobilizer excpt XLI

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go for civic its better than altis

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazeil.chaudhary View Post
    go for civic its better than altis
    How is it better please elaborate.
    Also do you recommend buying existing model or wait for new civic

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drwaseemshaukat View Post
    How is it better please elaborate.
    Also do you recommend buying existing model or wait for new civic
    Both models are better than their counterpart corollas.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very tough choice. Either get a Grande or Civic 10 Gen. I would say Civic is not made for rural areas while Corolla will be best when you visit rural areas. Civic is more comfortable and basically for city drive. Corolla is a ruggid car and is perfect for Pakistani roads and is strong too I have Corolla 2015 1600CC and Honda Civic 2002 VTI 1600CC, Both cars are good but I would never take my Civic in rural areas though..

Sent from my ONE E1001 using Tapatalk
    Honda Civic VTI 2002

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Civic 9 Gen OR Altis Grande OR Civic 10 Gen?

Corolla is a work horse. Better for rough use. But you can forget the driving pleasure. My personal experience with out if station visits on Corolla: makes you tired
    Also there have been many and many posts in Pakwheels as well and i have eye witnessed myself many times that 11th Gen Corolla has a stupid grip, not saying Civics don't topple but i bet you that the number of Civics toppled from 2012 to 2016 is not even half compared to Corolla from 2014 to 2016 and here is proof from another recent PW thread. I promise you can find many more Corollas in this condition and much less Civics (this is just one example of what Corollas are frequently prone to) The high road clearance and stance of the car made me guess very first day i saw it: This is against the rule for a lower centre of gravity and it would flip and lose control in emergency situations easily. And that's what started happening.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1459783745.818611.jpg
Views: 1566
Size:  166.2 KB
    So if u want to make it work like a reliable donkey and never go above 100, get a Corolla. If you want comfort, control and ride pleasure get a Civic.
    About the 10 Gen Civic. It has already been globally established as the best sedan of it's class and also the best Civic ever. So yes you will regret like anything for not buying it

Architecture is the art of how to waste space

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shifted from Corolla to Civic. I noted following differences:

1. Civic seats are very comfortable. Now I don't get tired on long motorway drives as I used to get tired in Corolla.
    2. Some people got their Corolla's stolen and shifted to Civic. Civics are not popular with thief's.
    3. Civic has four wheel independent suspension. Corolla doesn't. So road grip is much better. Lower profile also increases stability.
    4. Civic's boot (dikki) is smaller than Corolla. That is one plus point for Corolla if you are required to carry lots of baggage.
    5. Civic 9th generation is pretty good in fuel economy. On motorway I get approx 16.5 to 17 KM/Lit at speeds around 125-130.
    6. Civic headlamps are superior technology as compared to Altis.
    7. Altis Grande offers some extras, which you have to pay extras as options in Civic. If they are important to you then decide accordingly.
    8. Altis has same body as low end XLI. Civic has no low end.
    9. If Civic 10th generation is being launched this year with 1.5 L Turbo 174 HP engine, then you should wait. No car of its size (Vezel, Altis, Prius, etc) has so much horsepower, yet with same or slightly better fuel economy as current generation. If it is not being launched this year then make your decision. Taxes will also be low as we tax engine size not horsepower.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for sharing your experience. I definitely want more comfort during driving especially on long routes. I will not prefer a car that makes me terribly tired on long routes. It is true that I have frequent rural drive too, but point is that even if you go to a village, your 90% travelling is on a carpeted road, GT Road, Motorway, highway etc. Only 10% may be on bumpy roads or etc. And I would surely not want to sacrifice the pleasure of 90% in preference of 10%. Also, I am currently user of Honda City and I take this car in the villages as well. Yes, it hurts when it lickes the ground sometimes but have never refused to go in the rural areas. So, I suppose overall Civic will be a better option for me as you recommended. I hope that it will not prove to be worse than city in the rural areas.

Only thing that bothers me at this point is to get the 9 Gen civic now or to wait for 10th Gen. I still am confused on this choice. Will appreciate your elaborated feedback and suggestion on this. How much is the new civic different than present one??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for sharing your experience. I definitely want more comfort during driving especially on long routes. I will not prefer a car that makes me terribly tired on long routes. It is true that I have frequent rural drive too, but point is that even if you go to a village, your 90% travelling is on a carpeted road, GT Road, Motorway, highway etc. Only 10% may be on bumpy roads or etc. And I would surely not want to sacrifice the pleasure of 90% in preference of 10%. Also, I am currently user of Honda City and I take this car in the villages as well. Yes, it hurts when it lickes the ground sometimes but have never refused to go in the rural areas. So, I suppose overall Civic will be a better option for me as you recommended. I hope that it will not prove to be worse than city in the rural areas.

Only thing that bothers me at this point is to get the 9 Gen civic now or to wait for 10th Gen. I still am confused on this choice. Will appreciate your elaborated feedback and suggestion on this. How much is the new civic different than present one??
    New civic is better with comfort and performance. The 1.5 L Turbocharged produces 184 hp! Whereas the stock recent civic produces only 143 hp with a 1.8 L engine! I would say you go for the new 1.5T and it's cost would be reasonable because duty is based on CC rather than horsepower. The 1.5L Turbo would be the most powerful civic ever.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza2501 View Post
    New civic is better with comfort and performance. The 1.5 L Turbocharged produces 184 hp! Whereas the stock recent civic produces only 143 hp with a 1.8 L engine! I would say you go for the new 1.5T and it's cost would be reasonable because duty is based on CC rather than horsepower. The 1.5L Turbo would be the most powerful civic ever.
    For Info:
    The 1.5 Turbo produces 174hp and 1.8 NA produces 141hp, mated with a CVT and tiny tweeks the 1.8 produces 143hp. Atlas is probably giving the 1.8 with CVT this time.
    As far as the Turbo is concerned, duty alone is not a criteria for its price. All across Turbo is the most expensive trim at the moment because Engine development has massive costs so the cost alone for Turbo Engine won't compromise in taxes. Furthermore the Turbo spec car has many other added features which add to cost being higher. Also Atlas may or may not be launching 1.5 Turbo and even if the do, rumors say initially it will be imported and not assembled in Pakistan with a price around 3.5 Million (Close to imported Atlas 1.5 HRV at 3.7 Million)
    So if at all Turbo is launched it might have a totally different market and may not be accessible in price to normal Civic buyers.

Architecture is the art of how to waste space

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does anybody has an idea as to how much wait i will have to get new civic 10 gen? and if its several months then would you suggest to go ahead with the 9 gen civic right away. Will it be something really regretting not waiting? Expert opinion and suggestions please..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does anybody has an idea as to how much wait i will have to get new civic 10 gen? and if its several months then would you suggest to go ahead with the 9 gen civic right away. Will it be something really regretting not waiting? Expert opinion and suggestions please..
    You should definitely 100% wait for the new one.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wait fr Civic X if you can and then compare both and decide, but if you cant wait then go fr Grande CVTi
    wHaTs NeXt To EcStAsY????nOtHiNgNeSs??WaTs nExt????HELL.............

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, if you want to drive like a racer than you should have a concern for good road grip because I have been driving last three generations of corolla, and I never felt I needed a road grip like F1 car. Just drive safely and you will be safe. They are as dheet in durability as you want them to be. Comfort? Well to be honest corolla's shocks are more comfortable than civic stiff shocks.

Simple rule:
    Increase comfort= less road grip
    Increase stiffness= more road grip

I never got tired while driving on a straight journey from Lahore to Rahim Yar khan 650km. You'll get corolla with immobilizer in May with some new goodies as well.
    Even if you have 10% driving at rural areas than go for corolla. Civic is for those who haven't even seen what proper rural roads are like.
    My 2010 gli is 200,000km driven and the suspension work it gave me was for only rs.3000. You won't get a cheap mantainance from civic. Also, you will get a good resale even after 5 years.
    You will enjoy your time with corolla.
    In the end, last but not least it's the best selling sedan worldwide, and even in Pakistan.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb.basharat View Post
    Bro, if you want to drive like a racer than you should have a concern for good road grip because I have been driving last three generations of corolla, and I never felt I needed a road grip like F1 car. Just drive safely and you will be safe. They are as dheet in durability as you want them to be. Comfort? Well to be honest corolla's shocks are more comfortable than civic stiff shocks.

Simple rule:

I never got tired while driving on a straight journey from Lahore to Rahim Yar khan 650km. You'll get corolla with immobilizer in May with some new goodies as well.
    Even if you have 10% driving at rural areas than go for corolla. Civic is for those who haven't even seen what proper rural roads are like.
    My 2010 gli is 200,000km driven and the suspension work it gave me was for only rs.3000. You won't get a cheap mantainance from civic. Also, you will get a good resale even after 5 years.
    In the end, last but not least it's the best selling sedan worldwide, and even in Pakistan.
    Ok, so your suggestion is to straightaway goes for Altis Grande CVTi? Any idea that what is the ground clearance of this car (in mm)?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb.basharat View Post

Simple rule:

"Comfort? Well to be honest corolla's shocks are more comfortable than civic stiff shocks." I CANT STOP LAUGHING 😂😂😂😂😂

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i've driven both corolla and civic on carpeted highways and bumpy rural roads. corollas suspension is the only point in favor of it when comparing the two cars. civic can be driven on rough roads with no issue. its just second best when compared. i'd suggest to wait for the new civic as first of all, it is gorgeous. and u'll be getting next gen engine and features. and i can assure u handling and stability of civic is much better especially on higher speeds as i have already experienced when my car did a 180 degree turn on motorway after i fell asleep and the car drifted. luckily i got away without a single scratch and i don't think i'd be living to tell this story had i been driving a corolla.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List