Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AlienX
  • 1 Post By AlienX
  • 1 Post By Abd008

Thread: Are click sounds normal for Prosmatec Transmission?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Are click sounds normal for Prosmatec Transmission?

I bought a 9th gen civic recently with prosmatec transmission with 22K milage. This is my first civic ever so some details are foggy.

It's not so much of a problem but a sort of observation.

- When all windows are up, there are no audible sounds when shifting from P->R or R->D
    - When windows are down and I am in garage, when I go from P->R, there is a click (which is shifter click I believe) and after half a second there is a secondary click as if something is adjusting.
    - When going from D->N there is only shifter click but no secondary click, when going from D->R, there is a secondary click which is similar to reverse click on manual cars but faint.

- My Vitz 2005 doesn't make these clicks but it's a CVT. Only sometimes there is reverse gear engaging sound.

My question is are these clicks normal or I should have the dealership check them. The car has 22000+ on ODO. Has no other sound while driving and gears shift normally in D, D3 and 2 i.e. no slipping or loss of power. I always park in P after pulling handbrake and never shift from R to D while car is moving.

PS: The clicks come from under the car rather than from under the hood. Like directly below the shifter.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best Answer
    Gee 100% normal
    Mine does the same thing
    When you shift into D, wait for a second or two for it to click and that way it won't jerk while moving forward

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sometimes while going into R from D will result it in a loud bang too.......that is normal as well

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsFand26 View Post
    Gee 100% normal
    Mine does the same thing
    When you shift into D, wait for a second or two for it to click and that way it won't jerk while moving forward
    Whoa, I was reading your post from 2014 about the same click sounds, didn't know you would be active now or would have PMed you.

So there is nothing to worry about, right ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AsFand26 View Post
    Sometimes while going into R from D will result it in a loud bang too.......that is normal as well
    I wouldn't call it a bang, but slightly different click, I always pull hand break before shifting to P, old habit from vitz but that toyota CVT can take much more abuse for sure.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have 9th generation of 2013. 53000 km on odometer. The only clicks I hear come from the stick, nothing from the gearbox. If you have doubt it doesn't cost anything to show to 3S dealership. Is the mileage genuine? What is year of manufacture?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shabbir.53 View Post
    I have 9th generation of 2013. 53000 km on odometer. The only clicks I hear come from the stick, nothing from the gearbox. If you have doubt it doesn't cost anything to show to 3S dealership. Is the mileage genuine? What is year of manufacture?
    It's 2015 model. Yes the shifter clicks are normal but I was asking about the secondary gear engage click. I'll have it checked for missing bushings (yes honda atlas do these kind of blunders). Car was owned by an elderly so I doubt he ever noticed these things. 3S dealership is like 20 minutes away from me so I'll pay a visit tomorrow, inshallah.

Sent from my LG-D855 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AlienX View Post
    I wouldn't call it a bang, but slightly different click, I always pull hand break before shifting to P, old habit from vitz but that toyota CVT can take much more abuse for sure.
    It will......at times.....just saying so that you don't get worried......thats normal too
    And lemme know if I can be of help......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Automatic transmissions have a "Pin Lock" in P mode which is a mechanical safety that vehicle dont move in P, I have 9th gen too and if i forget to pull the hand brake first in slopes or my home's ramp a "bang" will sound as i shift from P to R or D, this bang is actually from the loaded pin which is being released from its slot. to avoid this bang one must engage the hand brake first while keep pressing the brake pedal and in next move put the vehicle in P (issue will be resolved).

Quote Originally Posted by AlienX View Post
    I bought a 9th gen civic recently with prosmatec transmission with 22K milage. This is my first civic ever so some details are foggy.

It's not so much of a problem but a sort of observation.

- When all windows are up, there are no audible sounds when shifting from P->R or R->D
    - When windows are down and I am in garage, when I go from P->R, there is a click (which is shifter click I believe) and after half a second there is a secondary click as if something is adjusting.
    - When going from D->N there is only shifter click but no secondary click, when going from D->R, there is a secondary click which is similar to reverse click on manual cars but faint.

- My Vitz 2005 doesn't make these clicks but it's a CVT. Only sometimes there is reverse gear engaging sound.

My question is are these clicks normal or I should have the dealership check them. The car has 22000+ on ODO. Has no other sound while driving and gears shift normally in D, D3 and 2 i.e. no slipping or loss of power. I always park in P after pulling handbrake and never shift from R to D while car is moving.

PS: The clicks come from under the car rather than from under the hood. Like directly below the shifter.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My City Aspire 1.5 Prosmatec (2015) does the same. I consulted technicians at Honda Fort Lahore regarding it and they assured me that it is absolutely normal.
    Gari ki deals only on PakWheels!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List