Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Gli Under Power issue

Dear Pak Wheelers !
    This is my first time on Pakwheels for asking anything, I had a Honda City-2010 model from April till Sep 2010, for one reason or another i sold it & bought a Gli in December 2010.
    I realise that its very much underpowered & has no pick or sustainable speed ratio as compared to Honda City, also due to very poor fuel economy i had to install CNG & now it drives like a truck in terms of speed & pick. Somone suggested me to install "two pin spark plugs(i am not sure about the correct name of it)" , can you guys advise me about these plugs, i mean are they OK or damage the engine and/or is there also any other way of enhancing the engine performance. i am also changing the Oil at 3000km instead of recommended 5000km from Toyota Islamabad.
    Any suggestions ?

regards, Khurram

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by PGhasanJ View Post
    @Topic if ur looking for Honda City like Pick and Speed you will not find it in GLi no matter what spark plugs u put into it
    +1
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@5555
    I think u dont need to block the air intake in this car, even the air intake is not blocked in my 410 alto
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jz View Post
    +1
    jz warned me..and I did the same mistake https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...9-corolla-11-a and faced the same dilemma poster is facing. Then I heard about https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/coo...-leaked-2011-a so I got rid of GLI and started collecting money for 1.6 Altis. My advice; dont buy City as the first 1.3L car; the only choice after enjoying its best in its class ride is either go for Altis or Civic and unfortunately there is huge step that one has to take to go from 1.3L to 1.6L/1.8L cars!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My personal experience

Well I used a late 2010 xli (on petrol as no cng installed in our office vehicles) this week on a field mission in Abbottabad. I myself own a 2004-05 one and I found the new model much better in power, comfort and handling.

This car is not underpowered at all. It performed very well on hill roads. We also went to Thandiani (8,800 feet high) on it and it really climbed well. On motorway it goes to 120-30 effortlessly and road grip is excellent with stock Euro Star tires.

After the OBL incident we have been working round the clock and so did our car. With four people on board the car waded through pot-holed unpaved rocky roads of Bilal Town. The suspension manages well on such terrain and there are lesser noises passed into cabin than the previous generation, plus engine noise is way lesser.

From dawn to dusk the engine and AC were running even if the car was parked as we needed to keep our laptops, B-gan satellite modem, Thurayas on charge and also run our own wi-fi network. The cabin served as office.

My conclusion it is a one tough, but yet comfortable car which can perform in rigorous environment.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMANKHAN1 View Post
    sell this crappy Gli and buy a city again!!
    +1

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    My personal experience

Well I used a late 2010 xli (on petrol as no cng installed in our office vehicles) this week on a field mission in Abbottabad. I myself own a 2004-05 one and I found the new model much better in power, comfort and handling.

This car is not underpowered at all. It performed very well on hill roads. We also went to Thandiani (8,800 feet high) on it and it really climbed well. On motorway it goes to 120-30 effortlessly and road grip is excellent with stock Euro Star tires.

After the OBL incident we have been working round the clock and so did our car. With four people on board the car waded through pot holed and unpaved rocky roads of Bilal Town. The suspension manages well on such terrain and there are lesser noises passed into cabin than the previous generation, plus engine noise is way lesser.

From dawn to duck the engine and AC were running even if the car was parked as we needed to keep our laptops, B-gan satellite modem, Thurayas on charge and also run our own wi-fi network. The cabin served as office.

My conclusion it is a one tough, but yet comfortable car which can perform in rigorous environment.
    I second you, same is my experience
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

new corolla is i guess 88 or 98 horse power,n city is 120..so obviously loss of around 30 HORSES is gonna b felt by u
    REAL men drive manual cars!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cracked View Post
    new corolla is i guess 88 or 98 horse power,n city is 120..so obviously loss of around 30 HORSES is gonna b felt by u
    City 1.3L is around 100 horsepower and Corolla 1.3L is 85 hp.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My personal experience

After the OBL incident we have been working round the clock and so did our car. With four people on board the car waded through pot holed and unpaved rocky roads of Bilal Town. The suspension manages well on such terrain and there are lesser noises passed into cabin than the previous generation, plus engine noise is way lesser.

From dawn to duck the engine and AC were running even if the car was parked as we needed to keep our laptops, B-gan satellite modem, Thurayas on charge and also run our own wi-fi network. The cabin served as office.

ppl claim this underpowered issue in GLI not XLI

i believe the added weight from some minor features combined with
    ABS / Brake Assist / EBD makes GLI a heavier car

do drive the new city once to realize what the OP means

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My personal experience

what did you have to do with OBL incident?
    Selling Vitz+local cars - compatible bluetooth Ecu Scantool, High-amp car chargers, Apple-certified Lightning Cables, etc. Click on my name and see my started threads for details.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nosha76

bro better to go for the four tip plugs ....i am also using in my xli with petrol nd with ac its pick is soo good nd average is also good..it is giving me 11.5 in the city with constant ac ...so better to move on 4 tip ...nd regarding to ur qes abt the engine damaged ...so its not do any thng with the engine ....mine xli done 25000 ...nd i installed at 20000 ...in 4 tip there is no need of any adjustment ..jst clean it when u want to .....if u hav more qes do let me know ..or pm ur num if u want to

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ppl claim this underpowered issue in GLI not XLI

i believe the added weight from some minor features combined with
    ABS / Brake Assist / EBD makes GLI a heavier car

do drive the new city once to realize what the OP means
    Well I guess ABS stuff must not be heavier than an adult passenger or a CNG cylinder. By OP you mean Over Powered?

One of my friend has go the new City and I will test drive it. Though it is a very nice car but good only on good roads. I spotted only few City or Honda's in Abbottabad.

Quote Originally Posted by ahsanonline View Post
    what did you have to do with OBL incident?
    It is my job to go to places where such incidents take place
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well I guess ABS stuff must not be heavier than an adult passenger or a CNG cylinder. By OP you mean Over Powered?

One of my friend has go the new City and I will test drive it. Though it is a very nice car but good only on good roads. I spotted only few City or Honda's in Abbottabad.
    OP = Opening Post :p

Yeh i agree Honda's r not so good on unpaved roads but do give it a test drive once

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mere bhaio,

my own assumption. City,Corolla XLI and GLI are not underpowered at all. we are only talking abt family sedans not sports cars

its a personal choice which car you feel comfortable with. obviously if you compare it with city it generates slightly less power.

City=73KW/6000RPM as compared to
    Corolla XLI&GLI=63KW/6000RPM
    Reference from honda Pakistan and Toyota Pakistan own sites:

Honda | Pakistan | CITY | Specifications

Indus Motor Company Limited | Home

however for use as a family car(majority of cars used here are used as family cars) corolla performance is extremely well.

Now the issue of cng, city and corolla are not tested on cng and are meant to be driven on petrol hence we get bizzare experiences from cng in both cars, perhaps in future, furter improvement in cng kits and accesories may make this problem go away.

In cities (30-40% of our roads) since there are less pot holes and proper roads City performs very well but once you take city to villages(60-70% of our roads) its hard suspension does make you uncomfortable. on the other hand you may not appreciate corolla till you you travel on village roads frequently, thats where you love corolla.
    top documentaries " Tears of Gaza"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mere bhaio,

my own assumption. City,Corolla XLI and GLI are not underpowered at all. we are only talking abt family sedans not sports cars
    bhai
    Old Corolla had 85HP Engine
    New Corolla has the same 85HP Engine BUT it is also 200KG Heavier than Old Corolla

SouthAfrica sells Dual VVTi 1.3L 99HP Engine with New Corolla

Rest of the World gets a 1.6L Engine

in comparison to all this XLi/GLi in Pakistan is underpowered not that there is anything wrong with it apart from Indus Motors going cheap and not offering 1.6L in the same price

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1.3 GLi is claimed to be underpowered by those who do not own it or fanboys of other companies. I own 1.3 GLi and it is not underpowered at all. We went all the way up to Nathia Gali and Thandiani on our GLi and the car was with trunk full of luggage and 5 people. We had no problems whatsoever during the climb. On the motorway 160 was a breeze

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai
    New Corolla has the same 85HP Engine BUT it is also 200KG Heavier than Old Corolla

in comparison to all this XLi/GLi in Pakistan is underpowered not that there is anything wrong with it apart from Indus Motors going cheap and not offering 1.6L in the same price
    SO why dont honda give 1.5 litre engine in City as the price is same as a XLI???
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    1.3 GLi is claimed to be underpowered by those who do not own it or fanboys of other companies. I own 1.3 GLi and it is not underpowered at all. We went all the way up to Nathia Gali and Thandiani on our GLi and the car was with trunk full of luggage and 5 people. We had no problems whatsoever during the climb. On the motorway 160 was a breeze
    +1 mani bhai.I myself have gone to Naran and further jalkhand with 6 people in car with a cng cylinder and trunk of luggage.And still it went on that steepy hills without any problem.ONly honda fans can claim it underpowered.And you talk about 160, i have taken it to 180 without any problem .Also the engine is smooth enough and quieter than city.Thats enough for the fan boys
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai

its simple if you are angry from Toyota indus.Simply buy a city which has latest engine.
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OP = Opening Post :p

Yeh i agree Honda's r not so good on unpaved roads but do give it a test drive once
    City is a nice car with great feature and excellent fuel economy. In fact I persuaded my friend to purchase it knowing that he mostly drives in Islamabad. But personally for myself I need a car which can take the beating on rocky roads of northwest and dirt tracks of rural Punjab.

No doubt City offers more value of money as compared to Xli.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List