Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla Code 2118 Throttle Actuator Control Motor

Hey guys,
    I am new to this forum and would like to share something that I recently experienced on my Gli 2010. The check engine light came on while driving and all throttle response was gone with the car idling. Fault code 2118 Throttle Actuator Control Motor Current Range Performance was downloaded. Mechanic suggested changing throttle body and/or throttle pedal due to faulty sensor amounting to around 20k. Didn't have the money so waited and looked online, downloaded the manual and a measly 25 Rs fuse resolved the issue. Apparently the ETCS fuse was blown resulting in loss of required voltages for the throttle to work properly. The manual extract can be attached for reference. Sharing so it could be helpful to others too.
    Peace

http://share.qclt.com/%E4%B8%B0%E7%94%B0Toyota%20RAV4%20Repair%20Manual/2AZ-FE%20Engine%20Control%20System/SFI%20System/0050051.pdf

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now Thats what I call having patience and DIY. GOOD - Goto that bloody mechanic and tell hime that next time if car comes to him for such problem call you, you will fix it in 1 hour through computer and he shall share 50/50 with you.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I could not find any link in your post as suggested. Are you saying that the throttle motor was not getting power due to fuse blown up? You had been very lucky in that case.
    An 'Inch' in the 'Right' Direction is Far better than a 'Mile' in the Wrong.2 There is No Such Thing as A Free Lunch.3 Assumption is the Mother of all £uckups.4 Devil wears Prada.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dispatcher that WAS a spontaneous occurance in some late 2009 & some 2010 selected batches of Indus vehicles specially after engine BATH The moisture affect in electrical box located behind battery in engine bay also caused aircon malfunctions it was completely resolved in Sept 2010 onwards.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, thats what it was. I agree that I did get lucky that I found it online, otherwise would have wasted 20k for nothing. The sad part was that this was a parha likha mechanic who was previously employed by toyota and used dtc scanner to initiate the troubleshooting, even then he was unable to catch the fault. Only if our mechanics would use the troubleshooting and repair manuals available. I doubt if even the toyota people themselves use them because I double checked the code with them and they also said that the mechanic was correct in his troubleshooting approach.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The technical bulletins are dispatched to all 3S shops but ironically we are a nation who believe that technical knowledge dispersed / spread is financial loss this is why not all Toyota shops are able to sort out minute glitches which can be done for mere charge of Rs. 200 instead ripping / skinning customer for 4 digits sometimes 5

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yeah I agree. It's great that we at least have a forum where people are bringing issues faced for each others learning. Would go a long way :-)

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List