Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Unichip installed in Corolla 1.3L GLi 2012 with huge enhancement in performance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Unichip installed in Corolla 1.3L GLi 2012 with huge enhancement in performance

Aoa PW fellow members and friends,

I test drove the Gli 1.3 L last year before actually buying a new one because every one said that its underpowered, it doesnt have appropriate pickUp/Power, it is not responsive and so on.
    Well, I acknowldege all of the above!!
    Since I test drove my friends GLi, so I seconded all the issues but still had to buy GLi because there was one BIG issue which I had no solution to and that was "My Wife" ........ She liked the looks of Corolla.........and I had to go for its looks the same way I did at the time of my Marriage which I usually refer to as a Mirage. Lols....... Well, jokes apart.

I have been driving my GLi since Septemeber last year and was seriously thinking to sell it and get an Altis just because of one reason..............Under Powered interms of PickUp/intial accleration and very poor responsiveness to the accelarator pedal. Then I came to know about Unichip. I visited thier website (Unichip.pk) and thier international global website (Vehicle Fine-Tune | Chip Tuning | Unichip Home). I latter on called them and took appointment. Today after a detailed brain storming session with Mr. Yasir (Owner of Unichip distribution in Pakistan and a very technical engine tuner), I finally got this system installed.

Won't go in details as to what it is and how it works? It's already mentioned in detail on thier website. Just Three Words.
    MY CAR ROCKS after the installation.
    Its a long process. The main part is building up the MAP for your car's engine. They are very expert tuners and basically adjust the low end torque, ignition timing and a lot of other things etc.
    I am really surprised as how much responsiveness my car has gained. The driveability experience has improved by 100%. For example, In 3rd gear at 40Km/Hr speed, the car gives a sudden feeling of accleration on depressing the pedal even with a light foot which by the way Gli does'nt give on even the first gear. PickUp issue has obviously been resolved and there is no lag between depressing the accelartor and engines response. It also improves the fuel average.
    I drove back from Islamabad to Rawalpindi trying and testing different scenarios with the car and found it to be perfect.

I highly recomend everyone to get this thing installed. It works like Magic.
    Highly impressed by the system and the technical know how of Mr. Yasir.
    Here a few pictures I shot during the installation. Couldn't take the pictures of tuning session (MAP building) as it rained and hailed like anything in Islamabad today.
    My advice to people..........Give this system priority over even tyre change (which is the first thing everyone does after getting a car). Its definetly a MUST HAVE Upgrade.
    Will report the fuel average on next top up.
    Enjoy.

2nd performance tuning Pictures + Fuel average Pictures Updated on Page 12

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lowresolution View Post
    I already have a very good friend going over there , he`s a pro as well . I am sure he`ll get all the insight out on this for a lot of people . Thanks for the kind words . I`ll have a ride in your car whenever i`ll come over towards Pindi .
    NO problem. You're always welcome. Are you talking about jz?
    Tell your friend to atleast share his experience on PW.......it helps a lot of people.
    Dont know why people here on PW are afraid to discuss? For the same matter, almost 3 dozen of PW members have pm'ed me with such quries regarding unichip. They read this firum but never dared to comment on it.
    This is a strange phenomna for me.
    Anyways, nice talking to you, though you didnt talk about the sip
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    NO problem. You're always welcome. Are you talking about jz?
    Tell your friend to atleast share his experience on PW.......it helps a lot of people.
    Dont know why people here on PW are afraid to discuss? For the same matter, almost 3 dozen of PW members have pm'ed me with such quries regarding unichip. They read this firum but never dared to comment on it.
    This is a strange phenomna for me.
    Anyways, nice talking to you, though you didnt talk about the sip
    Race laganee hay mere xli say

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@lowresolution......tu Apna Neptune chala na...kyon tension leeraha ha ......!!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Newton View Post
    Race laganee hay mere xli say

I don't race bro.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    I don't race bro.
    Hehehe

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    That's The Reason VAFC Is Trashed By So Many ECU's....! It Alters MAP/MAF Reading On 1st Hand Which Most Of ECU's Don't Like...!
    It Makes All The Difference Via MAF/MAP Correction...!
    most of the factory turbo charged vehicles run quite a conservative timing map thats the reason you see and hear success stories on safc/vafc tuned 4eftes jz 3sgtes i'd rather get E-manage with safc you can't control closed loop and you can't dial in larger injectors for idle and part tuning all its good for is WOT tuning but i wouldnt even tune my washing machine with something like SAFC VAFC
    Honda Tuning Solutions

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    @lowresolution......tu Apna Neptune chala na...kyon tension leeraha ha ......!!
    Lo g . I was debating all this for you . So that you can put a pony or two in your Sprinty

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363835923.804647.jpg
Views: 1790
Size:  136.8 KB
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lo g . I was debating all this for you . So that you can put a pony or two in your Sprinty
    Rehne De......Chalne De Dosron Ke Cars........Let People Decide Themselves Whats Good What's Not..... When Someone Put Money...Its Their Own Job to Dig For Their Spending That They Worth Or Not....If People Could Spend A LAC Or So On Just music Systems Then I Must Says This Is Nothing And A Good Spending......So Let Them Decide Their Own Choice

People Just Got Happy With SAFC/VAFC And Bring Significant Power Outputs Out Of Just That .....!! So It Depends How Your Setup Is Compatible And How Much You Wanna Spend...!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

+1 .

Why would anyone prefer to pay 40k for this ! if for the same money they can get an E-manage Blue or for a bit more an E-manage Ultimate . I guess an average Corolla Joe would not even know what a piggy back is .

@OP
    How do you exactly know if your fuel maps are changed ? And how was the tuning done ? on the street with a wideband ?or just a pre made map was used ? . Loads of people feel the " Its Faster " effect after spending 4-5k on an exhaust / Intake . Not blaming anyone just throwing ideas . I would just leave my brand new 3k milage grocery getter alone if it was me .

WHY IS THE UNICHIP DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ?CHIPS??

?Chipping? used to refer to how engine management tuning upgrades were conducted in the early days of vehicle electronics ? the car?s engine management system would be dismantled, the standard ?chip? removed and a new ?chip? carrying performance orientated mapping would be soldered in. These days, ?chipping? is still used to refer to a process that?s now conducted by ?reflashing? the OEM engine management system through the vehicle?s On Board Diagnostics (OBD) port.
    Unichip differs from both of these methods, because is it a supplementary engine control unit (ECU.) As such it is far more advanced than any generic ?reflash? programs, tuning boxes or the like that are available today. The Unichip is an individually programmable piggy back ECU designed to meet the requirements of both engine and driver. Being fully adjustable, it is also future proof and can be remapped by your Unichip dealer to exploit further engine modifications that you make to your car ? many OBD programmers cannot do this.
    Instead, the Unichip piggy back ECU simply intercepts the information to / and from the standard engine ECU and adjusts the signal to enable the engine to reach its full potential in terms of power, fuel consumption, and drivability within the already mentioned manufacture specified safety parameters.
    WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF THE UNICHIP?

With the Unichip piggy back ECU, no changes are made within the vehicle?s original standard engine management system and thus all the safety parameters as set by the manufacturer remain in place. There is no tampering with these original safety parameters, including cold start and knock sensors, water and air temperature sensors, and oxygen sensors or the inadvertent and costly altering of these as sometimes can occur due to operator error.
    Unichip also offers some crucial advantages over generic ?re-flash? chips. Firstly, even if you ?re-flash? your standard engine management system (EMS) back to the standard settings prior to service work, the EMS logs how many times it has been re-flashed and this is easily detected by the main dealer?s diagnostic equipment. Frequently, the uprated code of the ?reflash? is overwritten during main dealer servicing, so your upgrade as well as your warranty could be immediately removed.
    Once the Unichip is installed, it leaves no electronic ?footprint?, and this also applies should you want to remove the unit, unlike when you program the standard ECU with a re-flash programmer, the ECU knows and records that it has been reprogrammed.
    Secondly, being universal, when you sell your car, you can remove your Unichip and then have it installed on your next car ? as it can simply be remapped by your Unichip dealer. Or you can choose to sell it onto a fellow owner ? something that you simply can?t do with a OBD reflash that?s around the same price as the Unichip piggy back ECU! Bearing in this in mind, the Unichip represents excellent value.

WHAT ARE THE MAIN PARAMETERS THAT THE UNICHIP PIGGY BACK ECU CAN CONTROL?*

The Unichip piggy back ECU allows a car to be LIVE mapped on a rolling road control the following:
    IGNITION:
    Alter ignition timing in a 3D* map down to 0.1degree resolution.
    FUELLING
    Alter fuel mixture in a 3D* map by +-50%. If you want to install larger fuel injectors these are easily accommodated and injector scaling is quick and simple.
    VALVE TIMING
    The Unichip can be used to control variable valve timing on modern VVT engines to increase power output.
    INDUCTION
    Variable induction systems can be controlled by the Unichip to improve performance.
    IDLE SPEED STABILIZATION
    The Unichip can control idle speed stabilization, to allow an engine to idle when performance camshafts are fitted.
    TURBOCHARGER BOOST LEVELS
    The Unichip can control turbo wastegate solenoid systems to increase boost pressure to safely improve performance. Boost limits can be altered or imposed.
    AFTERMARKET TURBO OR SUPERCHARGER INSTALLATIONS
    The Unichip piggy back ECU will work in conjunction with aftermarket turbocharger and supercharger installations, controlling boost levels, fuel and ignition parameters.

REV LIMITERS
    The Unichip piggy back ECU is designed to allow engine rev limits to be altered on implemented.
    WATER INJECTION CONTROL
    For high performance turbocharger applications, the Unichip piggy back ECU can control the activation of water or water / methanol injection into the inlet manifold to help reduce detonation at high boost levels.
    INTERCOOLER WATER SPRAY CONTROL
    For high performance turbocharger applications, Unichip can control the use of intercooler water spray to help reduce air charge temperatures.
    NITROUS OXIDE ACTIVATION AND MAPPING
    Automatic secondary map when water or nitrous is active.
    Automatic switch back to primary map when water or nitrous is low or de-activated
    LAUNCH CONTROL
    The Unichip piggy back ECU is capable of running a variety of switchable launch control strategies. Simply select first gear, hold down the clutch, floor the throttle and let the Unichip provide you with the perfect performance getaway.
    *A 3D map consists of a table of engine speed versus engine load, plus a value for fuelling or ignition timing at any combination of speed or load. This method is used to map the most advanced stand alone ECU?s on the market accurately and safely, which is why the same functionality is built into the Unichip.
    UNICHIP PIGGY BACK ECU ADDITIONAL FEATURES:

FEATURES

• Control Nitrous injection
    • Control turbo boost
    • Drive extra fuel injectors
    • Control a shift light
    • Eliminate road speed limits ( 180km limiter)
    • Idling control
    • Drive water/methanol injection
    • Install & Control launch control
    • Control Vtec and I-Vtec with cam advance Control
    • Drive water injection
    • Activate water mist spray for intercoolers
    • Control intake manifold flaps
    • Control variable cam-timing ( VVTi,VVTI-L )
    • Control air-to-fuel ratio mixtures (on 3D map)
    • Control Ignition timing (on 3D map*)
    • Control oxygen sensor voltages
    • Control drive-by-wire throttles
    • Activate radiator fan

The Ultimate Power Upgrade
    www.unichip.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You need to revisit what i was stating ! . Videos of Local Sports Cars which dyno sheets . I said numerous times that i do not intended to search for random youtube videos . A 15 whp gain for a cl9 with 40-50K invested is nothing to be proud of when there are far better options available . I am sure Maxtorque or someone else would answer my questions , rather then mixing things up .
    Stay happy with what you got , and keep on posting ,but please remember not to mix technical discussion with jokes etc

This is Pakistan,people having sports cars dont want their dyno sheet to be open to public.

Second thing is we offer a tuning on dyno as well as on road,and about the wideband,well my respected friend there is no tuning in the world without it.

If you say 15 whp is not gain in power,then i am really sorry to say you dont have any idea about tuning.Taking out 15 whp from a stock honda is really something!!!

If you have any other tuning solution which has all these options,with this price range and can be transferred from one car to another and can be fixed in any i mean ANY car which is EFI ( even new diesel efi ) do let me know will be happy to know about it.

According to my knowledge ( 12 years in tuning cars ) i know one thing for sure that is, what power Unichip can give you from your stock or fully modified car the same NOT A SINGLE MORE horse power you can have from even THE WORLD MOST ADVANCED STAND ALONE FUEL MANAGEMENT.

there is no such power in any piggyback or a standalone it self,what they give you is " CONTROL " and thats it.

If i missed any question feel free to write

cheers
    www.unichip.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363835923.804647.jpg
Views: 1790
Size:  136.8 KB

thanks for sharing this

at least our price is less then the U.S price with a CUSTOM tune not " Copy and paste " map.

Hope now people having issues with the price will be in rest
    www.unichip.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTORQUE View Post
    thanks for sharing this

at least our price is less then the U.S price with a CUSTOM tune not " Copy and paste " map.

Hope now people having issues with the price will be in rest
    Unichip Automotive Performance I thought this is actual price of Unichip Q?
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    First thing is this is Q and what we mostly sell is Q + ( plus )

Second thing is this is without any map in it,and the software for Unichip is credit based system. ( when we create a map for any car we need to pay for every map we create )

third thing is this is U.S price,add air freight + custom duty + Mapping fee + installation wiring ( which is sold separate ) then where will you stand on the price ?

regards
    www.unichip.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTORQUE View Post
    First thing is this is Q and what we mostly sell is Q + ( plus )

Second thing is this is without any map in it,and the software for Unichip is credit based system. ( when we create a map for any car we need to pay for every map we create )

third thing is this is U.S price,add air freight + custom duty + Mapping fee + installation wiring ( which is sold separate ) then where will you stand on the price ?

regards
    I know the price is without mapping, tuning n all but didn't knew u guys r selling unichip Q+ only as from Sheryar's cl9 thread it wasn't mentioned there....anyhow I m fine with ur price after special discount not saying u guys r selling in high price!!
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salik990 View Post
    @MAXTORQUE can comment better about the price, but I think this price does not include custom tuning/custom map. The price I paid is for the more advanced Q+ whereas this is a Q.
    you can check the specs of Q+ on the same website or at unichip.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very informative thread.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

overpriced....40k ka naya engine na dalwa loon?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by needhelp View Post
    Dalwa loo na bahi..........Kiss nay rouka hai?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by needhelp View Post
    konsa engine dalogay 40k main? alto ka?
    Honda Tuning Solutions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

User Tag List