3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default "tuk" sound if brakes are engaged on downhill

Why does this happen? I don't think it is normal. The car in question is a 2009 Corolla. 77k on the odo. There is no sound when the car is going straight or even when taking a turn. But whenever I press the brakes on a downhill stretch (e.g. going into the basement parking of my office) there is single noticeable TUK sound (I usually notice it as soon as I turn the steering wheel .. the driveway curves going downhill) that seems to emanate from the front right hand side of the car. That's it. Just one single TUK and then everything behaves as normal. Any insights?

Don't think its CV joints as boots seem perfectly intact from visual inspection. What else could it be? Brake shims? chimta/lower arm?

Click here for SOLUTION

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sound is gone after changing brake pads with OEM ones. But thanks @capsat for the info I will certainly check it out. Your in depth knowledge of the Karachi auto parts market has proven invaluable to me.

And to the gentleman whose recommendation is to simply ignore noises coming from the car, well what can I say, you clearly don't have much attachment to your car! Also, practically speaking, any weird or abnormal noises coming from your car should be treated as little warning signals that the car gives you. Deal with them promptly and your car will respond accordingly by giving you years of trouble free service. Ignore them and you WILL sooner or later be that guy stalled at the side of the road (or as is usually the case in Pakistan, right smack in the center of a busy thoroughfare). Not to mention the heavy repair bill you're going to have to deal with, the proverbial salt to your wounds.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MADDYBOY View Post
    best part is to drive and forget the tuk tuk noise when you hear the noise just ignore it
    By such sounds car tries to tell u that its not fine. If u ll ignore it, small illness ll turn into cancer at the cost of ur health and/or life.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sare hi pare gaye ho mujhay
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default same tuk tuk sound from corolla 2012

Hi i have coroll 2012 model and 26k driven. same tk tuk sound comes frm front left wheel. The sund mostly comeon slow speed while reversing the car.when brake is applied the sound comes and when paddle is released it goes off. i also think that maybe its the pins of cliper. showed it one mechainc and he said the pins are ok.what can be the problem. and how can u judge that pins have worn out ? like in photo the pins after damage are not in round position ? i had this problem with cutltus and i had changed the whole cliper. please reply me.

Quote Originally Posted by waqar19 View Post
    &quottuk" sound if brakes are engaged on downhill -1460670
    These pins came out of my corolla. You can see first pin has more wear tear sign+ bent while last one is badly bent. Middle ones are just fine.
    I took it to Toyota dealership because i believe roadside mechanics are just crap.
    Bought used pins for 1200.
    Greasing+repairing pins=800
    Labour Cost=500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List