87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My one of its kind Altis 2010

hi guys I introduce you to my 2010 altis curisetronic SR. what makes it special that i have ensured it remains in the best condition of its kind and to this day has only been driven less than 9k km. this thread will be a refresher what a new 10th gen corolla was like plus its actually the car i have owned for the longest time but i never made a thread for it.

In this thread i will be recalling the whole history including the reasons that made us choose this brand new car originally in 2010 as well as recent modifications and maintenance record and some comparisons with the models sold today if imagining that this one was present new today. it will be intreating to see a comparison on how much Pakistani car industry has moved forward as well if it has taken any backward steps or not.

so chime in with your views and suggestions as well as scepticism and criticism

If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    sure, will post updates soon, including more pictures and the latest maintenance carried out

meanwhile she is alive and kicking, still at 10.6k km on the odo though

My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 28216793335 c419981688 hIMG_2297 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 28216792475 be7baa900b hIMG_2303 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

I remember this. You showed me these pics on facebook.
    The men are back. @TGT.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Karachi ki kon si road pr itni tez chalany ka moqa milta ha bhai?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

relax guys I dont encourage this sort of driving nor do I put my car through such abuse

maybe this is better

My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 28188724486 36343cf769 hIMG_2301 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

Ill actually reveal the way tomorrow

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

or actually sod it maybe some people are taking this too seriously

there is no harm in going this sort of speed in PARK is there?

My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 27606956384 c596640d77 hIMG_2296 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    meanwhile all the recordings going on, now I get actually stopped and asked about what are these things on the dashboard and front of the dials

My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 26909487974 d186897dd3 hIMG_2704 by Arzaam Bhatti, on Flickr
    plz tell what are these things?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    plz tell what are these things?
    they are simply cameras, I used to have a dash cam but the cantt checkpost people used to stop even the etag lane and say to remove this, so left that and got these, I only use one or two in the city and 3 or 4 cameras on the highway. And simply press a button and remove them while crossing. they are for saftey as well as evidence incase something untowards happens on the road. The white sony one records ahead and the square hero 4 session records the dials the speed and the rpm fuel econsumption etc which I then lay over the video so you get detailed views. The black left most one is the go pro hero 4 black and records in 4K which I use on traveling out of station to capture any special or beatifull views, while the rest are on a continuous loop. All are remotely controlled together I dont have to start and stop each individual one. The remote is mounted on the steering wheel like steering controls ill later show you a picture of that.

Plus now experimenting with newer cameras inducted into the fleet and more views such as this

My one of its kind Altis 2010 -1696953

and also rear facing and POV head mounted cams etc.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How does one check the guage cluster in this model altis whats the procedure to activate the check protocol?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice stuff bro.

however its better to drive within speed limits to ensure safety of all.

drive safe.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    nice stuff bro.

however its better to drive within speed limits to ensure safety of all.

drive safe.
    Totally agreed none of the above stuff breaks the law or dangers anyone in anyway
    Needle swinging to max is while car is in park with handbrake on

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali15144 View Post
    How does one check the guage cluster in this model altis whats the procedure to activate the check protocol?
    It's not a cluster test such as on civics
    I achieved this by using a Toyota intelligent tester though you can use tech stream as well
    There is a menu where you can command each individual dial to whatever position you like and make it stay there for testing purposes
    The rest needles remain unaffected nor do the warning lights light up
    Each can be turned on of separately

You can also play around with the optrition back lighting and customize stuff like illumination control when you lock unlock, keyless entry behavior, locking behavior etc

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I wanted to ask i have the same car only without the lcd head unit installed, its a 2009 end model and its gona complete its 50k km in next week. What should be changed or checked at 50k check.

About the gearbox apart from gear oil nothing else needs to be serviced or changed in there? . When do we change the clutch packs in the gearbox?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I wanted to ask i have the same car only without the lcd head unit installed, its a 2009 end model and its gona complete its 50k km in next week. What should be changed or checked at 50k check.

About the gearbox apart from gear oil nothing else needs to be serviced or changed in there? . When do we change the clutch packs in the gearbox?
    the gearbox clutch packs dont need to be replaced, they are not a regular service item, only thing you can replace after dropping the pan is the filter inside, at 50k I would first drain the fluid from the drain bolt about 3 litres would come out and inspect it if it smells burnt or is brown I would then drop the pan and change the fluid and filter as well as put a new original gasket not silicone, or You could also flush the ATF from the cooler line but have to be expert in that. If the ATF is still pinkish and does not smell burnt I would change it at 60k or 70k km, as the Change interval is 70k for ATF. It uses toyota WS fluid.

at 50k you can consult your owners manual as that has a list with dates also given when what should be changed. I would have the brake pads inspected unless you have recently changed them, make sure silicone grease is on the slide pins noting else, Change the sparkplugs oil filters etc but do not mess or bother to clean the throttle body. At 50k I would not bother with the fuel filter either if its running fine, its interval is given longer in the handbook. I would have scanner connected and see all the live data especially fuel tirms AFR sensor values etc, any problem with catalytic convertor or anything would show up there, though I dont understand how people manage to choke their cats especially hondas which are only two-three years old, I have a 2006 Altis as well and never needed so called catalytic convertor service etc so unless you are facing severe issue or there is a problem with the values on the scanner do not bother with the catalytic convertor as well.

rest is all checks, check the suspension the ball joints tie rods, bushes, boots etc for any play or cracks, measure the thickness of the rotors using a vernier caliper to see if its in specs, check the tires etc.

Half of stuff that toyota dealerships say in thier service packages are wrong and dont even match with the owners manual, they would attempt to do some stuff that you dont need while missing out on some stuff that you do need, so if going to 3S tell them to forget about their maintenance plan and follow things you said.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its really comical, I walked into the dealership with this car for ATF drain and refill and sparkplug change etc (more details on that ill post soon) and all the dealership wanted to do is their 10k km light maintenance package, and send me on my way after a oil change and a brake service (without using silicone grease), even though my car was 6 years old! so I did have them forget about that and perform things that I needed to be done while strictly not allowing the brakes to be messed with when they are not even competent enough to have silicone grease.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the reply actually i left my owners manual is karachi when i shifted to lahore. Tried to search altis 1.8 old threads couldn't find any service thread for automatic. Two days ago came back from Islamabad and thou stupid i went till 180km hr and car was great no noise and being a corrola suspension was a little scary at that speed.
    Mine is used as a fourth car in thr house and use only hi octane gives better fuel economy 11 in lahore and on normal fuel it dies doen to 9.3 or something.

Got the brake pads changed 7k km, or two years ago when made them trip from karachi to lahore on it.
    Have silicone grease and caliper. Micro meter screw gauge too what thickness am i looking for on thr rotors. Dont have a scanning tools and no idea about the sensors parameters.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some pictures taken via phone. Thought of selling it and but then it wont fetch much so decided to use it instead.
    My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 3af3017297a27e4665fa9e63cec1e083My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 5ec3521f840491de975da37df92d7a9bMy one of its kind Altis 2010 - 7a3773e65a1e1311670ae9e18a4aaa3fMy one of its kind Altis 2010 - 982aee85f94f942b68dacf1889a1b34dMy one of its kind Altis 2010 - d23d237dd87ef998e1e798f32e322683

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the reply actually i left my owners manual is karachi when i shifted to lahore. Tried to search altis 1.8 old threads couldn't find any service thread for automatic. Two days ago came back from Islamabad and thou stupid i went till 180km hr and car was great no noise and being a corrola suspension was a little scary at that speed.
    Mine is used as a fourth car in thr house and use only hi octane gives better fuel economy 11 in lahore and on normal fuel it dies doen to 9.3 or something.

Got the brake pads changed 7k km, or two years ago when made them trip from karachi to lahore on it.
    Have silicone grease and caliper. Micro meter screw gauge too what thickness am i looking for on thr rotors. Dont have a scanning tools and no idea about the sensors parameters.
    Thickness should not be lower than 21mm on the rotor, 24mm Is the brand new thickness if I am not mistaken
    You don't need brake service if it was done 7k or two years ago but do change the brake fluid it should be done every two years always

Just look at fuel trim readings at the sensor long term fuel trim should not be erratic while short term fuel trim should adjust quickly
    Both should not exceed positive or negative 20-25% for any length of time and there should be no stored codes
    And the AFR sensor value should alternate between 0V and 0.9 or 0.7V slipping out of my mind the exact value at the moment but in any case it should not be static otherwise it's a dead sensor

But I don't expect at this age and mileage to be any issues at all with these readings so you don't have to worry if there are no stored errors

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some pictures taken via phone. Thought of selling it and but then it wont fetch much so decided to use it instead.
    My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 3af3017297a27e4665fa9e63cec1e083My one of its kind Altis 2010 - 5ec3521f840491de975da37df92d7a9bMy one of its kind Altis 2010 - 7a3773e65a1e1311670ae9e18a4aaa3fMy one of its kind Altis 2010 - 982aee85f94f942b68dacf1889a1b34dMy one of its kind Altis 2010 - d23d237dd87ef998e1e798f32e322683
    Looks really nice, definitely worth keeping, there is no other car in the market at this price that can offer you this much reliability as well as 1.8power and tip tropic transmission with features such as sunroof cruise control leather etc and fuel economy is good too

That's why I kept this as well as my 2006 Altis for same reason

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cars are made to provide us comfort, we are not meant to comfort them. Just keep them clean and mantain them mechanically. Dont be crazy man

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers