Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: VSS matching gear problem.......Where to find this thing?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default VSS matching gear problem.......Where to find this thing?

    Recently swapped with 1NZ-FE auto transmission. What the gearbox mechanic was doing.......he was putting same "gear" in gearbox for VSS sensor, either the transmission is manual or auto.

    The number mentioned on this gear is 31-35, here 31 is the number of teeth on the gear. This gear works best for manual transmission because its VSS also have same teeth on its gear 31-35. Here gear means this yellow ring having teeth:

    VSS matching gear problemWhere to find this thing? -1630720

    VSS matching gear problemWhere to find this thing? -1630721

    VSS for manual gearbox, it has 31-35 mentioned on its gear:

    VSS matching gear problemWhere to find this thing? -1630722

    VSS for auto gearbox, it has 21-25 mentioned on its gear:

    VSS matching gear problemWhere to find this thing? -1630723

    Now the VSS which I have is 21-25 but its counter gear which is installed in gearbox have 31-35 teeth. Due to this difference the Odometer shows more speed & distance but in reality its less.
    So where can I find gear (which install in gearbox) having 21-25 teeth?

    Thanks....

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,592
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    if you have swapped the engine & transmission you need not to worry unless the VSS is virtaully changed by the mechanic with malafide intentions.

    VSS is part of transmission at scrap yards unless removed

    why did the mechanic attempted to change it in the 1st place. why was transmission taken apart?? to make a working one from few broken down units
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    if you have swapped the engine & transmission you need not to worry unless the VSS is virtaully changed by the mechanic with malafide intentions.

    VSS is part of transmission at scrap yards unless removed

    why did the mechanic attempted to change it in the 1st place. why was transmission taken apart?? to make a working one from few broken down units
    VSS is working fine, its actually the "garari" in gearbox which is different.

    Transmission taken apart because the engine is of 2010 model and transmission is of previous generation 1NZ-FE Corolla X. And I think in Corolla X there is no VSS because of speed sensors in ABS, that's why they put that "garari" in gearbox to connect VSS.

    So any solution......can the "garari" be produced from some other gearbox like Xli/Gli?

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,592
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    your assumption for VSS in ABS seriously wrong. you've been played by the USTAAD so the solution remains at his workshop. @ Premium price may be these people can guide you for some thing better @syncview @SER_GTR @rustam54 @argtr65 @Xulfiqar
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,735
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    VSS In ABS?? Now Thats New ..It Supposed To Be On Transmission Not On ABS....!

    It Should Come With VSS With Tranny...Thats Diff Someone Taken It Off And Now Not Finding The Correct One!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    VSS In ABS?? Now Thats New ..It Supposed To Be On Transmission Not On ABS....!

    It Should Come With VSS With Tranny...Thats Diff Someone Taken It Off And Now Not Finding The Correct One!
    VSS is on the transmission and I have correct VSS but I don't have its counter "garari". I don't know either its taken off or not and I have to find the right one for odometer to work. All I know is that gearbox mechanic putting same type/kind of "garari" both in manual and auto gearbox. That "garari" works fine for manual but not for auto.

    I have this VSS in 21-25:

    VSS matching gear problemWhere to find this thing? -1630817

    And I need this in 21-25, currently installed 31-35

    VSS matching gear problemWhere to find this thing? -1630818

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    haroon.virk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tobatek singh
    Posts
    350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    your assumption for VSS in ABS seriously wrong. you've been played by the USTAAD so the solution remains at his workshop. @ Premium price may be these people can guide you for some thing better @syncview @SER_GTR @rustam54 @argtr65 @Xulfiqar
    Don't worry, I didn't fully paid him yet.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,735
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haroon.virk View Post
    VSS is on the transmission and I have correct VSS but I don't have its counter "garari". I don't know either its taken off or not and I have to find the right one for odometer to work. All I know is that gearbox mechanic putting same type/kind of "garari" both in manual and auto gearbox. That "garari" works fine for manual but not for auto.

    I have this VSS in 21-25:

    VSS matching gear problemWhere to find this thing? -1630817

    And I need this in 21-25, currently installed 31-35

    VSS matching gear problemWhere to find this thing? -1630818

    As I Said Its Been Taken Off Already Before......Just Like He Opens For You.....He Also Did It For Someone Else....

    So Ask Him To Find A Correct One....! With Correct No Of Teeth...!

    Usually People DOn't Open Trannies And Replace Or Take Out Like Stupids Those Gears....! Shld Not Have Done In 1st Place
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •