Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Restoring indus corolla back to original

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,378
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default Restoring indus corolla back to original

    As some of you might know i had a XE corolla 94 model.

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...er-ride-hash4u


    finally we decided to let it go and buy some other car
    but my uncle whom i bought this from took it back(original owner who bought it 0 meter) and decided to bring it back to life to its original specs

    before pictures

    Restoring indus corolla back to original -1665751Restoring indus corolla back to original -1665752Restoring indus corolla back to original -1665753Restoring indus corolla back to original -1665754Restoring indus corolla back to original -1665755Restoring indus corolla back to original -1665756

    Engine was driven around 235,000 km's and consuming oil
    so i got oversized rings in it / 0.25 ..... Besides that new butterfly made for the carburetor

    Restoring indus corolla back to original -1665757Restoring indus corolla back to original -1665758Restoring indus corolla back to original -1665759Restoring indus corolla back to original -1665760

    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  2. #21
    PakWheeler Follow
    salash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    51
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Windscreen had swirls , wiper marks so had it buffed from babu mohallah , person name was Babar , he is a professional guy , charged 800 bucks but the screen is as good as new. Night time driving vision restored back to normal now.

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Love the pics, great job. It's my fantasy to restore an Indus as I love this Corolla very much. Change the steering wheel to 99 and later, 3 spoke.
    Proud to be Pakistani

  4. #23
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    [QUOTE=salash;5031629]
    Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    those plug wires look mint...are they new?

    if so...need details[/QUOTE
    Plug wires were bought from Toyota dealer , not original but some Japanese brand. Cost around 1200 approx
    can you read the brand please
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  5. #24
    anc
    anc is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    anc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Have you driven on the new tyres, I am looking to get new tyres for my car, can you review the ecopia plz...

  6. #25
    PakWheeler Follow
    salash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    51
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anc View Post
    Have you driven on the new tyres, I am looking to get new tyres for my car, can you review the ecopia plz...
    I was never a fan of Bridgestone tires, but my friend recommended these , found them pretty soft and grip is much better than generals atleast. Would recommend them for a sedan family car.

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,378
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    How Rebuild Goes?? Engine Bored Or Just Slide Rings?

    Car Looks MASHA'ALLAH Great ...!
    0.25 rings on original pistions. new gasket.and Oil
    nothing else was done as mechanic said cylinder walls are clean(as you can see in pics)
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    0.25 rings on original pistions. new gasket.and Oil
    nothing else was done as mechanic said cylinder walls are clean(as you can see in pics)
    SHld Have Opted To Check The Cylinder Bore From Dial Bore Gauge Pistons With Micrometer And Calculate Exact Difference....!

    Hows Oil Consumption Holding For Now??? To Me This Is Not A Proper Way Of Doing But Here It All Works For Them...Hope It All Holds Well...

    When Opening Engine After 200k+Km....There Are Many Things Other Than Just Rings And Gasket To Be Taken Care Of...!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    SHld Have Opted To Check The Cylinder Bore From Dial Bore Gauge Pistons With Micrometer And Calculate Exact Difference....!

    Hows Oil Consumption Holding For Now??? To Me This Is Not A Proper Way Of Doing But Here It All Works For Them...Hope It All Holds Well...

    When Opening Engine After 200k+Km....There Are Many Things Other Than Just Rings And Gasket To Be Taken Care Of...!
    Yes, you are right.
    If there was no damage to the cylinder walls then why he opted for over-sized rings?
    Over-sized rings on standard pistons is not a proper professional way. Its a work around for the time being.
    Normally old taxi walas keep installing rings without going for an overhaul.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  10. #29
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
    Yes, you are right.
    If there was no damage to the cylinder walls then why he opted for over-sized rings?
    Over-sized rings on standard pistons is not a proper professional way. Its a work around for the time being.
    Normally old taxi walas keep installing rings without going for an overhaul.
    The Logic Behind This Is They Think The Rings Working As Spring Loaded Sealers .With This Logic They Can Make 0.5 Or 0.75 Size Ring Work With Piston Bcz Ring Will Adjust Itself As Its Some Young Dehati Housewife Trying To Adjust With Old 65 Year Old Husband And Will Eventually Do

    The Only Engine Opened And Goes Inn Without Bore Job Or Stuff Like Bearings And All Is Those With Stuck Rings Due To Bad Oil Or Design Of Piston But That Also After Measurement Or on Low Mileage Engines...Even In That You Slightly Hone Cyl To Seat New Rings Inn Properly

    Either You Dont Open It Or If You Open ..Make Sure It Get The Proper Treatment....
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    speedster_101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,447
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    The Logic Behind This Is They Think The Rings Working As Spring Loaded Sealers .With This Logic They Can Make 0.5 Or 0.75 Size Ring Work With Piston Bcz Ring Will Adjust Itself As Its Some Young Dehati Housewife Trying To Adjust With Old 65 Year Old Husband And Will Eventually Do

    The Only Engine Opened And Goes Inn Without Bore Job Or Stuff Like Bearings And All Is Those With Stuck Rings Due To Bad Oil Or Design Of Piston But That Also After Measurement Or on Low Mileage Engines...Even In That You Slightly Hone Cyl To Seat New Rings Inn Properly

    Either You Dont Open It Or If You Open ..Make Sure It Get The Proper Treatment....
    Hahaha, very true example
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    salash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    51
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Well let's see how it holds up like , for the time being its ok , but after reading your valuable comments I think I'll have to do a complete engine job , the way it should have been done. After a couple of months for sure I'll get the engine a complete make over inshallah

  13. #32
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hash4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,378
    Follows
    18
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    The Logic Behind This Is They Think The Rings Working As Spring Loaded Sealers .With This Logic They Can Make 0.5 Or 0.75 Size Ring Work With Piston Bcz Ring Will Adjust Itself As Its Some Young Dehati Housewife Trying To Adjust With Old 65 Year Old Husband And Will Eventually Do

    The Only Engine Opened And Goes Inn Without Bore Job Or Stuff Like Bearings And All Is Those With Stuck Rings Due To Bad Oil Or Design Of Piston But That Also After Measurement Or on Low Mileage Engines...Even In That You Slightly Hone Cyl To Seat New Rings Inn Properly

    Either You Dont Open It Or If You Open ..Make Sure It Get The Proper Treatment....
    I totally left it on the mechanic. Note engine opened up for first time.He is quiet experienced actually.was doing 3 car engines in 1 go including a 4afe overhaul. said standard rings wont last long.so he grinded and adjusted 0.25 to fit in original piston.well summers are approaching if it has to work or not will come infront of us as AC puts alot of load on 2E.

    A complete rebuilt engine usually......you loose the smooth drive n feel for some reason.0 change in drive after rings. Its smooth like a brand new car rolled out of a factory
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    salash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    51
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Restoring indus corolla back to original -1666686Alloys redone. As good as new. Will install them tomorrow.

  15. #34
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    I totally left it on the mechanic. Note engine opened up for first time.He is quiet experienced actually.was doing 3 car engines in 1 go including a 4afe overhaul. said standard rings wont last long.so he grinded and adjusted 0.25 to fit in original piston.well summers are approaching if it has to work or not will come infront of us as AC puts alot of load on 2E.

    A complete rebuilt engine usually......you loose the smooth drive n feel for some reason.0 change in drive after rings. Its smooth like a brand new car rolled out of a factory
    Thats Because Of Poor Rebuild..Bad Engine Mounts...

    You Won't Feel A Thing Bcz Nothing Is Changed....If They Hold Well....You Call It A Day And Drag As Much As You Can On This...!

    Dont Know What Tools He Got And How He Measure Gap But Lets Hope For Best .....!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  16. #35
    anc
    anc is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    anc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salash View Post
    Restoring indus corolla back to original -1666686Alloys redone. As good as new. Will install them tomorrow.
    Cost and location of shop

  17. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    salash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    51
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Restoring indus corolla back to original -1666937Restoring indus corolla back to original -1666938 alloys installed. As good as new. Courtesy Asad tires , amount spent 3000/- new caps 500 rs.

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Thinking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,306
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anc View Post
    Cost and location of shop
    you can get these rims. check the link https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...inch-rims-sale.

    i can be contacted at 03335120067.

  19. #38
    PakWheeler Follow
    salash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    51
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    you can get these rims. check the link https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...inch-rims-sale.

    i can be contacted at 03335120067.
    brother these are original Italian rims , purchased them in 1994 when I bought the car brand new , yours are Japanese oem rims , a bit different in style and size as mine are 13 inches.

  20. #39
    PakWheeler Follow
    jexx5151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    All Cities
    Age
    19
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Is the paint condition original?

  21. #40
    anc
    anc is offline
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    anc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    you can get these rims. check the link https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...inch-rims-sale.

    i can be contacted at 03335120067.
    I donot want the rims just wanted to know the cost of re-chroming them...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •