0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry Declining Quality of Corolla

I have purchase Corolla for less than a year (2015 model) and the chrome plating on monograms has started rusting (see the attached photos). I suspect if that is happening to exterior parts, the engine and internal parts are corroding as well.

I talked with Toyota distributor from where I purchased the Corolla and he said it is because where you park the car and it can be removed by polishing. My question is, did I pay more than Rs. 1.7M for such a low quality? I have used cars outside of Pakistan with no such issues even parked outside everyday and assume the imported (Japanese) Toyota in Pakistan also have no such issues.

The Toyota Pakistan is indeed getting cheap and low quality with time!

Declining Quality of Corolla -1667434Declining Quality of Corolla -1667435Declining Quality of Corolla -1667436

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xb1935 View Post
    I am sorry are you part of the police which regulates the issues which can be complained about or which aren't? what you reckon is the minimum price which one has to pay so he can get a right to complain.
    no im not, but complaining on a common trait of an item which you already bought for less than its globally traded value holds no water.

for you it maybe 1.7 million, - in actual fact you paid less than most (this car goes for about 20K dollars) - and even for the people who paid more than you - they already know the badges do corrode out from salty atmosphere, tree droppings and strong surfactant to wash the car.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    no im not, but complaining on a common trait of an item which you already bought for less than its globally traded value holds no water.

for you it maybe 1.7 million, - in actual fact you paid less than most (this car goes for about 20K dollars) - and even for the people who paid more than you - they already know the badges do corrode out from salty atmosphere, tree droppings and strong surfactant to wash the car.
    Xulfiqar
    Your argument doesn't make sense at all... ask those who own corolla models prior to 2010. At the same location where I live, people have old corolla and they never have such issue.

Secondly you are talking about US$20K, how much it converts to PKR... just around Rs. 400,000 difference and those foreign corolla variants are much much better and solid... I have actually used corolla abroad. Toyota have to follow and invest for quality and safety standards in western countries which Toyota Indus Motor doesn't even bother to and there is no check over that in Pakistan.

Thirdly... competitive car makers take special care for the badges NOT to corrode because that is their marketing symbol. Corrosion of Toyota monogram is a slap on Toyota's face and in fact reflecting the decline in quality.

Xulfiqar, I suspect you work directly or indirectly for Indus Motor... is that true?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

who says foreign corollas are solid? I see them everyday - work on them too, their dashboard plastic warps, cracks and fades from heat, the wiring looming is useless, the fake chrome on parts is useless and either corrodes or peels away - the body skin is flimsy and squeaks and their floors rot out from salt.

Whoever buys a corolla already knows that such are all built in qualities of it.

If you are really sad about it then write a letter to toyota and complain on your concern of declining quality, you might get new badges from them. (I doubt that because corolla is not a flagship car for toyota anyway)

btw - I have seen this issue in Pakistan it was usually attributed to "sarviss teyshun" car wash using well water and dishwash soap to wash the car. Sometimes it was just plain and simple salty air corrossion.

lol - I work for Indus? - I dont even live in Pakistan.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this is cheap 4 cyl econobox sedan what would you expect from it? cheapo chrome used
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you can make it better through a chemical diy polish, add some powdered aluminium to white vinegar then add some salt as a electrolyte to solution and add lil bit flour to bit thicken up then polish that solution with pad then buff it out equally and see the difference.
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Haven't experienced this on my 14 GLi AT as it's always taken care of with quality products and not washed with "saraf".

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Haven't experienced this on my 14 GLi AT as it's always taken care of with quality products and not washed with "saraf".

oh yes - the awesome 'saraf' which is laced with about 50% soda ash - (RIP paintjob)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I havent experienced ths problem with the three generations of Corolla i had . Stil hav the 2012 model.
    Its an environmental effect or probably the water whic you use to wash ur car, as already pointed out by a couple of guys here . . .get new ones and theyl b the same in a while

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wash any car with bonus and 20 rupay wala chamak shampoo, this will happen to the badges. It's what you've done to your car yourself. Not the quality. You can't possible expect something to stay intact if you misuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by dangtepau View Post
    I have purchase Corolla for less than a year (2015 model) and the chrome plating on monograms has started rusting (see the attached photos). I suspect if that is happening to exterior parts, the engine and internal parts are corroding as well.

I talked with Toyota distributor from where I purchased the Corolla and he said it is because where you park the car and it can be removed by polishing. My question is, did I pay more than Rs. 1.7M for such a low quality? I have used cars outside of Pakistan with no such issues even parked outside everyday and assume the imported (Japanese) Toyota in Pakistan also have no such issues.

The Toyota Pakistan is indeed getting cheap and low quality with time!

Declining Quality of Corolla -1667434Declining Quality of Corolla -1667435Declining Quality of Corolla -1667436
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got 2014 model grande, no such issue so far!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Wash any car with bonus and 20 rupay wala chamak shampoo, this will happen to the badges.
    I have never used bonus or 20 rupay wala chamak shampoo. Sometimes I wash myself with Surf and sometimes take it to nearby car wash service and they also use Surf. This is the same car wash service where my neighbors take their earlier model corolla for wash and they have no such issue so far.
    Secondly, for the water used to wash, then again it is the same water I and my neighbors share and if the car wash is using corrosive water, it should affect all customers including my neighbors.

Therefore, the argument that this is because of beach, water and/or washing powder used is baseless since the chrome and paint of the corolla should be resistant to the environment. I am more worried for the internal parts and engine and going to have full inspection. If internals have also started corroding then I am not going to spare Toyota Indus Motor!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have never used bonus or 20 rupay wala chamak shampoo. Sometimes I wash myself with Surf and sometimes take it to nearby car wash service and they also use Surf. This is the same car wash service where my neighbors take their earlier model corolla for wash and they have no such issue so far.
    Secondly, for the water used to wash, then again it is the same water I and my neighbors share and if the car wash is using corrosive water, it should affect all customers including my neighbors.

Therefore, the argument that this is because of beach, water and/or washing powder used is baseless since the chrome and paint of the corolla should be resistant to the environment. I am more worried for the internal parts and engine and going to have full inspection. If internals have also started corroding then I am not going to spare Toyota Indus Motor!
    If you don't want to believe it, you can continue to blame the company and everyone else for it, but the fact is: it is the detergent that has ruined your badges. Chrome and paint cannot remain unaffected by the environment if you think that surf is one of the environmental factors they were made to withstand.

As far as your neighbour's experience is concerned, two wrongs don't make a right. Sooner or later he will get to your position too.

You have to be gentle to your car. You have to take care of it for it to keep its new look for years.

And lastly, my 2014 Altis Grande after 1.5 years still has brand new shining badges. I don't wash it with surf.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You wash your car with Surf ? Bro, get a dedicated Automobile washing shampoo. You are on PW , a dedicated gearhead forum where most of the people know that Surf is for washing clothes only .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Khurram26 View Post
    You have to be gentle to your car.
    Next somebody is going to suggest don't even wash your corolla at all and if you have to, use distilled water...
    Washing with a detergent such as surf should not effect once cleaned with water and wiped with cloth... that's what most of us and car wash service do. Only cheap and poor quality chrome will get corrosion and thats what happened in my case.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Next somebody is going to suggest don't even wash your corolla at all and if you have to, use distilled water...
    Washing with a detergent such as surf should not effect once cleaned with water and wiped with cloth... that's what most of us and car wash service do. Only cheap and poor quality chrome will get corrosion and thats what happened in my case.
    Please, stop exagerating. Everyone here knows that SURF is used to wash clothes rather than cars and that it over the time destroys your clear coat. You wash your car with Surf and then you talk abt Toyotas quality control ?
    And better to trust people on PW rather than the service station walas.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't worry
    In a few years you would be complaining about the pathetic paint on your car going pale

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother no doubt its a quality issue but i have one question. do u live near some NALA/Open severage type? because this seems like acidic reaction. do u have some kind of problem with ur house main gate etc?
    Before you criticize someone, Make sure you are better than them.............

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad.Ayub View Post
    Don't worry
    In a few years you would be complaining about the pathetic paint on your car going pale
    Before that trim fading and discolouration.

8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Declining Quality of Corolla -1669746Declining Quality of Corolla -1669747Declining Quality of Corolla -1669748Declining Quality of Corolla -1669749

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wanst there a guy on PW whose fuel tank was leaking after two months ? ( new corolla as well )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List