Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Robber Shocked , GLIs Immobilizer rokx

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Tabish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,068
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Red face Robber Shocked , GLIs Immobilizer rokx

    Robbers tried their level best to burgle this 2016 Corolla 1.3 GLi (updated spec). The one that has been updated recently by TOYOTA Indus Motors and is equipped with Immobilizer - Anti Theft System...
    Surprisingly Burglars failed to start the cars and walked away empty handed...
    Via : Cars' Enthusiasts-Pakistan
    Robber Shocked , GLIs  Immobilizer rokx - 13882154 1770242249911703 6256237683624142613 n?oheca3a49ae9ca10977471aea45013719b
    Robber Shocked , GLIs  Immobilizer rokx - 13654376 1770242209911707 3028664677119782187 n?ohd21791773a6cd9c8db2765d3fa1820ee

    Robber Shocked , GLIs  Immobilizer rokx - 13886890 1770242219911706 9189008048978385392 n?oh247eb95895ff731ebad65aaef3e7b55b

    Robber Shocked , GLIs  Immobilizer rokx - 13686730 1770242236578371 4362544865848255802 n?oh537748549cff056fbfc85875a01e41d7
    Pakistan <3

  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by biloo View Post
    Yeah thats right but how can it just take 5mins to disable this 'simple' immobilizer ?

    Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    I can share it here but I am afraid this info can be misused

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    biloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,289
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    I can share it here but I am afraid this info can be misused
    I was just curious. Let it be, might be true if you are that much sure abt it.

    Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    dangtepau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    I can share it here but I am afraid this info can be misused
    Here you go...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRz2b1S2PGk
    the thief only needs to bring his own pre-programmed transponder ECU and key... install the new ECU, start with the matching key and the car is gone. As far as the mechanical groves of the key are concerned they already know how to bypass that.

    This might take less than 5 minutes.

  5. #24
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    biloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,289
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dangtepau View Post
    Here you go...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRz2b1S2PGk
    the thief only needs to bring his own pre-programmed transponder ECU and key... install the new ECU, start with the matching key and the car is gone. As far as the mechanical groves of the key are concerned they already know how to bypass that.

    This might take less than 5 minutes.
    So, nothing is safe if you can change the Ecu

    Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

  6. #25
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mansoor_qadir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Attock
    Posts
    1,476
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    It take total 5 mins to disable stupid immobilizer suzuki and toyota provides
    Quote Originally Posted by dangtepau View Post
    Here you go...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRz2b1S2PGk
    the thief only needs to bring his own pre-programmed transponder ECU and key... install the new ECU, start with the matching key and the car is gone. As far as the mechanical groves of the key are concerned they already know how to bypass that.

    This might take less than 5 minutes.

    Guys.
    U seriously don't know what's the point here and what you are talking about.
    Its all about time here in Pakistan. This simple code can give our jammer thieves tough time (Even if its mere 5 additional minutes than before)
    Period....!!
    <..If everything seems under control, U r not going fast enough..>

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    autophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    13,579
    Follows
    20
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    No immobiliser equipped Liana, Swift or Wagon R or Corolla and Civic has been stolen so far. Even if the bring an ECU with them, it will take a long time for them to start the engine as it is not simple plug and play
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    shani4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    167
    Follows
    0
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Toyota is just trolling people ... this theif is anaari not aware of immoblizer and thieves love white colour . Hacking immobilizer is not big deal
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabish1 View Post
    Robbers tried their level best to burgle this 2016 Corolla 1.3 GLi (updated spec). The one that has been updated recently by TOYOTA Indus Motors and is equipped with Immobilizer - Anti Theft System...
    Surprisingly Burglars failed to start the cars and walked away empty handed...
    Via : Cars' Enthusiasts-Pakistan
    Robber Shocked , GLIs  Immobilizer rokx - 13882154 1770242249911703 6256237683624142613 n?oheca3a49ae9ca10977471aea45013719b
    Robber Shocked , GLIs  Immobilizer rokx - 13654376 1770242209911707 3028664677119782187 n?ohd21791773a6cd9c8db2765d3fa1820ee

    Robber Shocked , GLIs  Immobilizer rokx - 13886890 1770242219911706 9189008048978385392 n?oh247eb95895ff731ebad65aaef3e7b55b

    Robber Shocked , GLIs  Immobilizer rokx - 13686730 1770242236578371 4362544865848255802 n?oh537748549cff056fbfc85875a01e41d7

  9. #28
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,136
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Lol very funny posts


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    RIP

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    dangtepau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    it is not simple plug and play
    It is plug n play ... watch the video carefully and figure it out.

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rajahasnain92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Gujjar khan
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dangtepau View Post
    Here you go...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRz2b1S2PGk
    the thief only needs to bring his own pre-programmed transponder ECU and key... install the new ECU, start with the matching key and the car is gone. As far as the mechanical groves of the key are concerned they already know how to bypass that.

    This might take less than 5 minutes.
    pretty complicated method though ..now thieves have to carry laptop with them all the time 😅 ..still cars with immobilizer are safer ..something is better than nothing right?


    Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using PW Forums
    Some people need to open their small minds instead of their big mouths...

  12. #31
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rozzzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    21,925
    Follows
    12
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    its all about the time ....5 mint to much to take away a car ...... and its not very simple to just remove n go
    @Sabour

    do you mind telling whats the difference between toyota and honda immobilizer and how suzuki and toyota r not safe compare to honda immobilizers
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    brainbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    96
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    It take total 5 mins to disable stupid immobilizer suzuki and toyota provides
    How? These immobilizers are no more safe as well?

    Sent from my SM-J500G using PW Forums mobile app

  14. #33
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Tabish1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,068
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    immobilizers is 100% safe here in Pakistan.. even criticism has some limits ! watch the complete video and ask your self is it possible for our 6th grade pass thief to bypass that system ?
    Pakistan <3

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    Rabeelch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Abu Dhabi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    5
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabish1 View Post
    immobilizers is 100% safe here in Pakistan.. even criticism has some limits ! watch the complete video and ask your self is it possible for our 6th grade pass thief to bypass that system ?
    Exactly a simple RFID immobilizer reduced the car theft Upto to 70% in USA. and we are talking here about Pakistan where even most good Ustad cannot understand simple JDM cars,And people here are sharing hacking videos like this is a video game,If a thief have courage and all this knowledge to go to this length he should have been with Umar saif the chairman PITB not stealing ****.with this level of expertise he can earn more in MY company by doing legal **** ,Guys word '"Safety'' is not to stop theft theft it to keep as much hurdles as possible and immobilizers are a proven source of these hurdles, every minute counts remember? I bet any one stealing the original key from the pocket of owner is easier than hacking into the immobilizer or reprogramming the new key to use on the sme ECU

  16. #35
    PakWheeler Follow
    Rabeelch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Abu Dhabi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    5
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    it took 20 minutes to hack an RFID immobilizer to Scintists of Jon Hopkins university,do you think 20 minutes is a good time for thieves? and even they are primary failed not the scientists not the one who are researching in RFID tech

  17. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    dangtepau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    91
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabeelch View Post
    and we are talking here about Pakistan where even most good Ustad cannot understand simple JDM cars,And people here are sharing hacking videos like this is a video game
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabish1 View Post
    immobilizers is 100% safe here in Pakistan.. even criticism has some limits ! watch the complete video and ask your self is it possible for our 6th grade pass thief to bypass that system ?
    You both are under estimating the capability of thieves nowadays... and you clearly don't understand the video.
    Just let me know where your car (corolla/suzuki) with immobilizer is and I will show you how to get it start in less than 5 minutes... if you allow me. BTW I am not a thief.

  18. #37
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabeelch View Post
    Exactly a simple RFID immobilizer reduced the car theft Upto to 70% in USA. and we are talking here about Pakistan where even most good Ustad cannot understand simple JDM cars,And people here are sharing hacking videos like this is a video game,If a thief have courage and all this knowledge to go to this length he should have been with Umar saif the chairman PITB not stealing ****.with this level of expertise he can earn more in MY company by doing legal **** ,Guys word '"Safety'' is not to stop theft theft it to keep as much hurdles as possible and immobilizers are a proven source of these hurdles, every minute counts remember? I bet any one stealing the original key from the pocket of owner is easier than hacking into the immobilizer or reprogramming the new key to use on the sme ECU
    Ok speaking of USA can you just walk in any key smith shop and ask him to replicate immobilizer key for you? Without showing your id card I have been there and done that too there are simply three common imobilizer code in suzukis and toyota mostly in pak people get there immobilizer key replicated from roadside key smith and they usually have those "COMMON" 3-4 codes I dont know why people are even arguing on this case and some member just giving there post a like because there favourite car has immobilizer my point was that one shouldn't just relay on imobilizer taking precautions wont hurt

  19. #38
    PakWheeler Follow
    Rabeelch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Abu Dhabi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    5
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Ok speaking of USA can you just walk in any key smith shop and ask him to replicate immobilizer key for you? Without showing your id card I have been there and done that too there are simply three common imobilizer code in suzukis and toyota mostly in pak people get there immobilizer key replicated from roadside key smith and they usually have those "COMMON" 3-4 codes I dont know why people are even arguing on this case and some member just giving there post a like because there favorite car has immobilizer my point was that one shouldn't just relay on mobilizer taking precautions wont hurt
    I am sorry for my English understanding but i could not understand what did you try to say in here? I work in UAE (A good Job ) and own a 2016 HONDA Apire 1.5 which even dont have this thing, And About keys duplication nobody told it is easy in Pakistan too, a simple key costs more than 11000 from HONDA and takes time to come,here we were talking about the disabling the car security in les than 5 minutes which is not possible by simple hacks. #Peace

  20. #39
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan_ch8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    It take total 5 mins to disable stupid immobilizer suzuki and toyota provides
    r u in ur senses!! come on start my liana and grande,,,,,, I will give my both cars to you , go n study first what is immobolizer

  21. #40
    PakWheeler Follow
    shariqalee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    21
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    You need to first bring out your ECU, re program it and then embed the codes in your keys. I don't think it is a 5 minutes job, and at least something is better than nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •