0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla oil consumption and valve seals

Aoa, I have bought a new corolla Gli 2010 a month ago. but its having a problem, gives smoke on first start for few seconds and vanish and 2nd it consumes/burn engine oil about 150ml to 200ml after 1000km. i asked to mechanic and he told me that it is due to valve seal leak.
    change its valve seals and piston rings
    also (for Rs.22000) because after only changing the valve seal it may reduce oil that's why it is necessary to change the piston rings also.
    Than i went to a second one he surprised me to said that only option is to replace with kabuli engine because it may reduce oil after piston rings and valve seals coz EFI engine hai. Bohat bakwas engines hain yeh, and repair costs more than replace the engine.

please need suggestion and ideas.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Make sure you never visit that 2nd mechanic who said efi engine hai bakwas engine hai first mechanic you visited was a bit better

Get compression test done although it seems like valves seals issue you can get seals change without removing head if mechanic is good

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have the same issue car reduces oil about 200ml in 3k km which is applicable till now but soon i will get it fixed

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what you mechanic said you what is the problem? and how much costs all this?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lvsasad View Post
    what you mechanic said you what is the problem? and how much costs all this?
    change its valve seals and piston rings also (for Rs.22000)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa, I have bought a new corolla Gli 2010 a month ago. but its having a problem, gives smoke on first start for few seconds and vanish and 2nd it consumes/burn engine oil about 150ml to 200ml after 1000km. i asked to mechanic and he told me that it is due to valve seal leak.
    also (for Rs.22000) because after only changing the valve seal it may reduce oil that's why it is necessary to change the piston rings also.
    Than i went to a second one he surprised me to said that only option is to replace with kabuli engine because it may reduce oil after piston rings and valve seals coz EFI engine hai. Bohat bakwas engines hain yeh, and repair costs more than replace the engine.

valve or stem seals leakage gives excessive smoke in the morning then lesser all day .. weak engine is a different story .. get stem seals checked .. replacing engine is not recommended unless its the only option
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if u are getting oil in your filter body, then its definitely valve issue. one way to verify between piston ring and valve is to do wet compression test. First do a normal compression test and then squirt some oil from the top from spark plug hole and then do the compression test again if the value remain same then its the valves if it improves then its the rings. however doubt our mechanics can do it properly. 2nd mechanic is wrong. listen to first one, his rates seem a bit high, check plaza market for rates of genuine rings, valves and seats price then rest is labour charges shouldnt be more than 7k in my opinion including lathe machine work, which I think shouldn't be much if u replace valve and seats. Now if the car has been on cng then its the main culprit as high buring temp of cng burns away valves over time. secondly use of low quality oil or coolant also contribute to valve and valve seat failure. I can bet the previous owner knew abt the defect and like the cheats we are he decided to sell the jeenuin Car to you. just check filter assembly too if its bypassing filter then dirt can damage valves ans piston rings. once ur engine head is removed u can check cylinder walls for any scratches . there must a very light jaal type pattern it basically helps the oil film to stick on walls. i would recommend check ur filter body if its oil in it then its definitely your intake valve. but say it isnt it then you can remove head , change valves and seats then see the liner walls, if they are ok then proceed with the putting the head back with new seats and valves. if ur car doesnt reduces oil then good news if not then proceed with rings change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Where is the filter body?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello dears, main ny 1 best petrol mechanic ko gli check krwai hai he said same thing to change valve seals and piston rings.

Pr us ny kaha hai oil reductio k chance 50 50 hain. Waja yeh hai k corolla ke original piston rings ni aa rahe market main yahan jst TP brand ke rings mil rahe hain jo k itni achi quality ke nahi hain rings replace krny k bad b kuch oil kam krti hain. Agar original rings milian to gurenteed oil kam nahi ho ga.

Any one can help from where i get the original one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Where is the filter body?
    sorry i meant air filter housing/body

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no there is no oil that area is just neat and clean

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Use engine until it completely dies then change the assembly. Engine rebuild option is not good. I have got same problem with my 4efe. It eats oil 400ml/1000km by still it's running for the past one year without any problems. Half self start , no smoke in the morning. There's no leakage as I have fixed all leaks year ago. I change oil on every 3000km with zic 20 50 blue packing.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rockstar.mij View Post
    Use engine until it completely dies then change the assembly. Engine rebuild option is not good. I have got same problem with my 4efe. It eats oil 400ml/1000km by still it's running for the past one year without any problems. Half self start , no smoke in the morning. There's no leakage as I have fixed all leaks year ago. I change oil on every 3000km with zic 20 50 blue packing.
    Yes same with me half self start performance is outclass but burn oil.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List