51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus AC gas charging, part 3 of 4

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386032 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386033 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386034 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386035 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386036 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386038 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386039 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386041 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386042 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386043 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386044 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386045 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386046 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386047 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386048

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

cant you make some video of how to recharge AC gas? pictures are hard to understand for someone totally noob on how to do it! video would be better and easy for you and for followers!
    REAL men drive manual cars!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus AC gas charging, part 4 of 4

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386307 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386308 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386309 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386310 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386311 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386312 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386313 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386314 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386315 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386316 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386326 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386327 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386328 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386329 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -386330

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You can also shroud the compressor so air can flow to the back of it from its rear, this shroud also serves purpose to shield the compressor from the blazing heat of the exhaust manifold.

In older cars specially Hondas of the 80s and 90s that came from Japan, the compressor had such a shroud made of sheet metal, The shroud air intake used to face the radiator fan air draft path, with engine running and the car on a lift, you could test this by actually feeling the air being exhausted sideways from the rear of the compressor.

Sadly our local zabardast A/C mechanics threw out those shrouds (aka shields) because it used to cut their hands.

I did a few Mehran A/C installations once, in which the A/C compressor was mounted in front of the engine like this one and the alternator at the back, I also made a shroud for it, it really helped keeping the compressor working happily all day long.

btw - nice work - proper A/C workings, I wish more and more people follow such practice so we can actually have better quality service from these chor-bazaar commercial shops.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

from where we can buy this aluminum tape
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    from where we can buy this aluminum tape
    You can buy it from Ac spare part shops it also called DUCT tape.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    You can also shroud the compressor so air can flow to the back of it from its rear, this shroud also serves purpose to shield the compressor from the blazing heat of the exhaust manifold.

In older cars specially Hondas of the 80s and 90s that came from Japan, the compressor had such a shroud made of sheet metal, The shroud air intake used to face the radiator fan air draft path, with engine running and the car on a lift, you could test this by actually feeling the air being exhausted sideways from the rear of the compressor.

Sadly our local zabardast A/C mechanics threw out those shrouds (aka shields) because it used to cut their hands.

I did a few Mehran A/C installations once, in which the A/C compressor was mounted in front of the engine like this one and the alternator at the back, I also made a shroud for it, it really helped keeping the compressor working happily all day long.

btw - nice work - proper A/C workings, I wish more and more people follow such practice so we can actually have better quality service from these chor-bazaar commercial shops.
    many thanks , well about the comp sheld , i think there is no enough space becuse as you know its not fitted with original comp and the clearance between comp and condencer is very less , but i will try to do some thing for that , there is a plastic cover installed below the comp which covers all the fan belts against mud/water , its not installed there and i guess comp will get some air from there , its installed on my 07 cultus and i noticed that the comp is all and all covered so that the only air which it gets is from the condencer fan ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,means it gave a -ve effect and heatup the comp ,,,,,,,,,,i guess removing that plastic sheld can also improve the comp cooling ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    and about mechanics ,,,,,,,,,,,i dont know whats wrong with me and my temparement that when i ever i go to any mechanic/workshop ,,,,,,,i just end up in messing with them ,,,,,,,,,,so i always avoide going to workshop and i prefer buying/collecting tools and use your own skill ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can see how complicated these jobs are ,,,,,,,,,,,,new tech engines ,,,,,,,,efi , vvti , and many many other things,,,,,,,,,,,,,its some times hard for us then how can these illiterate mechanics can master all that ,,,,,,,,,,,they can hardelly wirte there names and i can never ever allow any mechanic to even open my car bonnet ,,,,,
    any how thanks for the guidence and help that was the last work on this car , now i am planning to gave a compression and oil pressure check , although car just fly on road , engine accleration is really very impressive but still i want to gave a test ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

today i just noticed that my thread has been crosed 50K views , that really amazing ,
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -387066

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^with exactly 50 pages atm!
    @op man this thread is an amazing job, WAY BETTER then the cultus' original manual book I BET
    keep up the good work of spreading wisdom!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this is good manual if some one have little skill. only deficiency in this thread or manual is engine overhauling. which goodfriend already said i didn't thought of posting it on PW so didn't make the pictures. i will suggest again overhaul engine of some other cultus and help some one cultus owner and complete this manual.

can we use aluminium baking sheet if aluminium tape is not available?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mazamwarraich View Post
    this is good manual if some one have little skill. only deficiency in this thread or manual is engine overhauling. which goodfriend already said i didn't thought of posting it on PW so didn't make the pictures. i will suggest again overhaul engine of some other cultus and help some one cultus owner and complete this manual.

can we use aluminium baking sheet if aluminium tape is not available?
    well its a mistake that i havent save any pic for that , later i even offer my friends to overhaul there cultus engine just for the pic but they refuse as its already fit and no need to overhaul,,,,,,,yes you can use the alminum foil used in kitchen ,,,,,,,,,but the tape is availave on every fridge spare parts store at just 150Rs

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what about the transmission oil. have you changed that?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xzap042 View Post
    what about the transmission oil. have you changed that?
    yes i have changed it with guard gear oil , next time i will prefer caltex , caltex not as thick as zic and guard ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    many thanks , well about the comp sheld , i think there is no enough space becuse as you know its not fitted with original comp and the clearance between comp and condencer is very less , but i will try to do some thing for that , there is a plastic cover installed below the comp which covers all the fan belts against mud/water , its not installed there and i guess comp will get some air from there , its installed on my 07 cultus and i noticed that the comp is all and all covered so that the only air which it gets is from the condencer fan ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,means it gave a -ve effect and heatup the comp ,,,,,,,,,,i guess removing that plastic sheld can also improve the comp cooling ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    and about mechanics ,,,,,,,,,,,i dont know whats wrong with me and my temparement that when i ever i go to any mechanic/workshop ,,,,,,,i just end up in messing with them ,,,,,,,,,,so i always avoide going to workshop and i prefer buying/collecting tools and use your own skill ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can see how complicated these jobs are ,,,,,,,,,,,,new tech engines ,,,,,,,,efi , vvti , and many many other things,,,,,,,,,,,,,its some times hard for us then how can these illiterate mechanics can master all that ,,,,,,,,,,,they can hardelly wirte there names and i can never ever allow any mechanic to even open my car bonnet ,,,,,
    any how thanks for the guidence and help that was the last work on this car , now i am planning to gave a compression and oil pressure check , although car just fly on road , engine accleration is really very impressive but still i want to gave a test ,

That mudshield for the belts is necessary in two factors, one obviously that it protects the belts from mud/water etc. secondly it ensures that all air is being exhausted from the engine bay under the bulkhead firewall when the car moves forward. All the plastic panels that go under the car are put on for this reason too.

You should see our mechanics work on diesel engines or even european origin petrol engines, they usually completely screw it up and then try to prove themselves right, The old BMW 316i timing belt replacement requires a E torx socket to undo the cam pulley then you need a tool to lock the cam at TDC, the tool is just a plate of steel with a square cutout that can hold the cam cutout, The cam pulley has some freeplay to compensate for machining tolerances hence they use a cam lock tool. Our mechanics try to set it by "andaaza" and result in a bad running engine or damage.

Same with the poor Fiat uno Diesel.

I can imagine your agony when you see such monkeys with tools trying to work on engines, And I hate it when instead of investing in tools that would ease their work they damage the car or something else. e.g. on most MB and BMW engines there are some really odd spaced bolts and nuts that you cannot reach with a ratchet, it is required that you use an offset spinner that looks like a bone. Takes half a minute to undo such bolts with such tool. Our dimagh se farigh mechanics refuse to invest in such items.

It is partly our local people's fault too - they insist on "jugaarbazi" rather than correct repair, they wait for failure then do maintenance rather than do preventive maintenance. Its the same everywhere, HVAC, cars, building etc.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar

Fiat Uno 1.7D! I have sweet memories with that car. The only major issue i was having wen i bought that car was it used to give excessive Whitish blue smoke at cold start But only at idle. I was unable to get it solved even after a lot of struggle which includes consulting Fiat authorised mechanic, The most famous Diesel laborotary in LAhore & my routine mechanic.
    But the I day luckyly the problem got solved Within an hour just for Rupees 500/-.
    That time my car was at workshop for Bumper's paint job & in adjacent work shop a HTV mechanic who used to work on Bed Ford, Fiat, Mazda & Nissan UD etc was visiting some of his friends he see the car giving exessive smoke & he him self ask my mechnic that why dont he fix that, My mechnic said that "fault is beyond our limits so we didnt". Then the HTV mechanic him self ask to fix the issue, my mechanic call me to get go ahead which i allows & believ me that guy fix it in minutes.

That HTV mechanic also did it based on "Andaza" but obviously he was atleast capable enough to Daignose the root cause. I must say that Raje motor is the responsible for gettin g this famous brand & Model a big flop is Pakistan Coz neither they imported sufficient spare parts for that car nor they hire & developed good service men.

Its dilemma of our nation that we used to do short term corrective measures instaed of preventive
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir, this thread is a user manual for cultus owner ...
    i guess this thread will have 100,000 views soon !!!
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as you said - the guy worked on english diesels, with similar lucas hydraulic governor pumps like the fiat had, he must have worked on enough pumps to get a feel for it. But the issue is that you cannot have an average joe have a feel for 50 different types of engines, It takes calculated and measureable approaches.

The fiat timing belt setup and pump setup is very simple if you have the correct tools, if you dont then its an open letter for disaster. Mechanics even screw up the fuel filter change on that car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

today while checking coolant level i open the low side service cap of ac and found a leak in it ,,,,,,,the valve init is leak ,,,,,,,,,,,how it gets a leak ,,,,,,,,,,i am just shaken , ,,,,,,,,,,i was planning to add some refregrant in it ,,,,,,and now i have to remove all the refregrant and then change the valve and also change the dryer ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -387714

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild - pwned, lol u have to do it all over againCultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild - firstCultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild - lol

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild - pwned, lol u have to do it all over againCultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild - firstCultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild - lol
    comon yar plz dnt laugh, its sad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

User Tag List