Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Help needed to permanently disable Eco Idle for Mira ES

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    surfturtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Help needed to permanently disable Eco Idle for Mira ES

    First I will request people not to give advice whether I should or should not disable the ECO IDLE on my car or whether its a good idea.
    I have done a lot of research and ECO IDLE does not offer any real fuel savings, in normal driving in Japan and abroad there is only a small amount of saving but even that is not worth it. The car manufacturers know this but still install ECO IDLE in cars because the ECO IDLE is designed only for the standardized tests by ratings agencies and not really helpful for day to day driving. Even in ideal conditions if ECO IDLE works you will save only a maximum of $1-$2 per month which is nothing.

    But when it comes to Pakistani roads ECO IDLE is completely worthless as my Mira engine stops three times on a single roundabout and if someone new is driving the car who is not used to automatic engine stop/start they will be confused and take their foot off the brake and hit other cars. I have to give a long lecture regarding this every time i give the car keys to a friend or relative!


    Now to the million dollar question!
    How to permanently disable the ECO IDLE function?

    I know there is a button next to steering wheel to switch it off every time we start the car but I am a very forgetful person and I need to permanently disable ECO IDLE.

    I read that the ECO IDLE function relies on a totally separate lithium ion battery under the car seat and if that is the case is it safe to just disconnect the wires from that battery to disable it?

    The ideal solution would be a way to disable through software setting without messing with the hardware

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,907
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Why not just sell it and buy one without eco idle?

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    surfturtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Why not just sell it and buy one without eco idle?
    All new imports are only ECO IDLE versions. When I was buying I looked for 2012-2013 models but could not find a single one without ECO IDLE

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surfturtle View Post
    First I will request people not to give advice whether I should or should not disable the ECO IDLE on my car or whether its a good idea.
    I have done a lot of research and ECO IDLE does not offer any real fuel savings, in normal driving in Japan and abroad there is only a small amount of saving but even that is not worth it. The car manufacturers know this but still install ECO IDLE in cars because the ECO IDLE is designed only for the standardized tests by ratings agencies and not really helpful for day to day driving. Even in ideal conditions if ECO IDLE works you will save only a maximum of $1-$2 per month which is nothing.

    But when it comes to Pakistani roads ECO IDLE is completely worthless as my Mira engine stops three times on a single roundabout and if someone new is driving the car who is not used to automatic engine stop/start they will be confused and take their foot off the brake and hit other cars. I have to give a long lecture regarding this every time i give the car keys to a friend or relative!


    Now to the million dollar question!
    How to permanently disable the ECO IDLE function?

    I know there is a button next to steering wheel to switch it off every time we start the car but I am a very forgetful person and I need to permanently disable ECO IDLE.

    I read that the ECO IDLE function relies on a totally separate lithium ion battery under the car seat and if that is the case is it safe to just disconnect the wires from that battery to disable it?

    The ideal solution would be a way to disable through software setting without messing with the hardware
    Turn the switch off and cut its connection or wiring

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,907
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surfturtle View Post
    All new imports are only ECO IDLE versions. When I was buying I looked for 2012-2013 models but could not find a single one without ECO IDLE
    I own a 2012 alto without eco idle. there are many available without them. Just look about. Otherwise, check the fuse/relay box, there will be one for the eco idle system, take it out

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    blueazure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    371
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    eco idle is a useless feature, people find out one way or the other like this gentlemen did,, and that on top of the fact that Eidle cars are Expensive than their non eidle variants

    well, im not aware of the technicalities as to how to turn it off nor do i recommend to, but Mira does have non eco idle version , the on with frame code of L275S ,

    http://50.23.198.156/imgs/h19rd5j4jw...WLTC38CyfrPa-1

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    muzzammilz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I my self own Eco Idle Mira. There is no seprate battery, Idle Stop completely depends on your main battery. Putting a less ampare battery will disable this function as the Idle Module only works with batteries having good ampares like 50. You can try 48 or 46 ampare battery and it will not work.

    Source: Personal Experience.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,100
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I am also not comfortable with eco idle function. However I have developed the habit of turning it off immediately on starting the car. Do let me know the procedure of disabling it if you determine it.

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    tintin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,835
    Follows
    7
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    7
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    I am also not comfortable with eco idle function. However I have developed the habit of turning it off immediately on starting the car. Do let me know the procedure of disabling it if you determine it.
    Seems two possible solutions.

    Disable it via software.
    Or
    Pull out its Fuse from Fuse box.

    Only a wise electrician can do the 2nd one.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    surfturtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Seems two possible solutions.

    Disable it via software.
    Or
    Pull out its Fuse from Fuse box.

    Only a wise electrician can do the 2nd one.

    Software solution would be awesome, but I doubt we will find it.

    Fuse seems more plausible. Anyone know which fuse is for ECO IDLE? Please send pictures if anyone has already done it.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,907
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surfturtle View Post
    Software solution would be awesome, but I doubt we will find it.

    Fuse seems more plausible. Anyone know which fuse is for ECO IDLE? Please send pictures if anyone has already done it.
    Flip the cover of the fuse box, take a picture and post it here. Usually it would be a relay that controls it

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    blueazure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    371
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    funny to see people actually going out of their way ( and budget ) to buy these expensive eco idle variants of the Mira , , only to have it turned off !

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mwm749's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Have you tried the "ILL ON/OFF" via the left selector knob on the speedometer.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Panther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,100
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    It's the right selector knob

    Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    engineer.asif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default console box required

    I need mira es 2012 car arm rest or console box. If anyone have please contact me my number is 03335356373

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    surfturtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mwm749 View Post
    Have you tried the "ILL ON/OFF" via the left selector knob on the speedometer.
    Yes tried it
    it turns the lights on the dashboard on/off
    the lights which indicate if you are driving well or bad. if you are driving good the lights are green, blue if you are giving too much race.

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    surfturtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blueazure View Post
    funny to see people actually going out of their way ( and budget ) to buy these expensive eco idle variants of the Mira , , only to have it turned off !

    funny indeed that you did not read my first post.

    I only bought this car becuase I could not find this without Eco Idle mode in good condition with under 20,000km running.

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    surfturtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Help needed to permanently disable Eco Idle for Mira ES -1693479

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    blueazure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    371
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surfturtle View Post
    funny indeed that you did not read my first post.

    I only bought this car becuase I could not find this without Eco Idle mode in good condition with under 20,000km running.
    the mira with L275S chassis code is available without eco idle

    i imported one last year and sold it at a loss since everyone asked the same thing with a face ,,,, " eco idle nahi hai ?

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/car...su-mira-2012-a


    rest is all same with LA300 mira, CVT,airbags,PW etc , even its build is better but our people like to follow a train/truck blindly

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    kaahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Disconnect seat belt connector which is placed under the driver seat if its difficult to disconnect then go to any auto electrician he will unplugged easily.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •