0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Car stolen from garage

Mod Edit: Thread moved to correct section.

Yesterday morning, my cousin's almost new gli got stolen for his own garage. The garage was properly locked and the car had steering lock and tracker installed. The thieves (3 or 4 assumptions) jumped in from garage's gate. They entered the car by breaking the rear window and chopped the steering lock then the gate lock.

At 6:30 am, the tracker company called saying that ur car is crossing Sagian Pull so they have turned off the car. In shock he checked the garage for his car then called 1 5 and motorway police. After half an hour the tracker company called saying that they have stopped receiving signals from ur car.

The thing is, my cousin's mother was awake that time but she did not hear a sound. How were the thieves able to bypass the tracker? If tracker is so easily bypassed then whats the use of tracker? One thing to note that he has two more cars (alto and cultus) with alarm systems, did thieves aim for big car or car without alarm system?

This means that how much so ever you try to protect your car with tracker, steering lock, your car is not safe, even inside your own house.

The worst part was only the 50% of the car was insured that mean he would get only 8 lacs back.

I am a bit worried because i also have the new model corolla with tracker and fully insured. I would really like if someone could give me suggestion regarding his big loss, like this type of event ever happened before and was the car recovered. Please if someone can help or give information regarding this type of event please don't hesitate. Is there any chances of his car being recovered and who should he contact?

Car description:
    Corolla GLI 2010 model, Dark silver colour.

Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airomerix View Post
    @xulfiqar,

Would have immobilizer prevented anything like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by memad View Post
    I think immobilizer is a better deterent. But sadly IMC never offers one in any of their trims. The bigger thief pocketing its share too.
    If m not wrong, Baleno was the first brand in Pakistan with an immobilizer. I once asked a locksmith what they could do now since he was boasting ov programmed keys to which he replied, 'We can make a key which will enable you to unlock the doors. Once done, you can cut it off, redirect the wires and are set to go.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mordor View Post
    nothing can stop them. What i do to secure my gli is that i park my old car behind it. Otherwise there is nothing you can do to stop them. They come prepared and are experts.
    Of what we can make out from sharings above is that theives still manage to get to the main car. A couple of years ago I heard that they took out two cars from a driveway, stole the big one, Corolla i think, and even put the other two back!

Quote Originally Posted by getmoa View Post
    how it was noted that the robbers were 3-4 ppl.
    did they leave the foot prints???
    Did you miss this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    ...And we had seen 3 ppl in garage.. 4 ppl in street...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My friend from lahore was here few days back and was telling me one of his dear buddies new corolla was stolen from home same way.
    the guy bought a new corolla again. exactly after a month, the new corolla got stolen again. got the car locked tracked through tracker, took police along for recovery.
    found the car with a dead body dumped in boot with robbers missing

a senior member from pw's Bubloo's funny remarks about the new city, u dont even need to lock its doors. nobody would steal it
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Last year there were many articles on PW about these tracker companies in pakistan. Usually they team up with thieves and get the car stolen. They know where and for how long we keep our cars parked. So it is easy for thieves to plan if they know such information. I think we can install alarm system and steering locks for our own satisfaction but these thieves are very good at what they do. Best is to avoid tracker companies and install chor switch. The chor hopefully wouldnt have time to figure it out and will leave in desperation.
    Other than that just pray to Allah as he can only save us. May he protect us all. Amen

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool :-D

By removing plug wires or a thing like that is the SOLUTION to save our car :p

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MKArsalan View Post
    Yesterday morning, my cousin's almost new gli got stolen for his own garage. The garage was properly locked and the car had steering lock and tracker installed. The thieves (3 or 4) jumped in from garage's gate. They entered the car by breaking the rear window and chopped the steering lock then the gate lock.

At 6:30 am, the tracker company called saying that ur car is crossing Sagian Pull so they have turned off the car. In shock he checked the garage for his car then called 1 5 and motorway police. After half an hour the tracker company called saying that they have stopped receiving signals from ur car.

The thing is, my cousin's mother was awake that time but she did not hear a sound. How were the thieves able to bypass the tracker? If tracker is so easily bypassed then whats the use of tracker? One thing to note that he has two more cars (alto and cultus) with alarm systems, did thieves aim for big car or car without alarm system?

This means that how much so ever you try to protect your car with tracker, steering lock, your car is not safe, even inside your own house.

The worst part was only the 50% of the car was insured that mean he would get only 8 lacs back.

I am a bit worried because i also have the new model corolla with tracker and fully insured. I would really like if someone could give me suggestion regarding his big loss, like this type of event ever happened before and was the car recovered. Please if someone can help or give information regarding this type of event please don't hesitate. Is there any chances of his car being recovered and who should he contact?

Car description:
    Corolla GLI 2010 model, Dark silver colour.

Thanks.
    Brother kindly share the location. kahan hai aap ke cousin ka ghar? So that nearby lahories can be vigilant!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sad to hear abt incident

put a few of these , people should not be able to steal without making some noise to cut these things,.

even in public , anyone fiddling with it will be noticed.

Car stolen from garage -295458
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats such a sad event to hear... a man buying such an expensive car must have been through series of sacrifices to get to be able to get it... and then seeing this happening is just so unfortunate...
    may the owner get the car back soon....
    i myself was quite into tracker thingy before reading this thread... but this experience incorporated with others comments is an eye opener... like words said by Blue Horn are seeming very true... so whats the solution? there should be a fool proof system we have for our cars... repetition and frequency of such incidents are simply alarming, devastating and horrifying....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GSM Tracker already failed Miserably now, the best is the Steering Crosssome nice Quality Lock or Clutch Lock
    Life is a chain of moment of enjoyment and Obedience to Allah, not only about survival

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche_Maker View Post
    GSM Tracker already failed Miserably now, the best is the Steering Crosssome nice Quality Lock or Clutch Lock
    Care to share some details of "nice Quality Locks or clutch locks" ..... brands, availability , strength etc ?

@poster Sad to hear about the loss. I wonder what our country is going to be in next 5-10 years if such conditions continue. real Sad !
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    to add make it your SOP that as most of us remain awake till late night , after regular intervals keep pressing your car alarm button like press the lock key so that car sounds out there , it will make u sure that car is there, 2ndly a potential thief will run away as if someone is coming now towards the car

ahaha,no offence but nice suggestion si whenever we wokeup at night we should do this,I thought that this problem was in Khi but didn't expected that cars were also being stole from Islamabad after all ISL Police is known for its authentications and good services.
    Allah bachaee Har Nazaar Behaya hai!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I guess the best you can do is to get the vehicle 100% insured ! ... Most of the insurance companies install trackers for their own sake....

t police station , at least 2-3 besides UAN , I know this is not very
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    Care to share some details of "nice Quality Locks or clutch locks" ..... brands, availability , strength etc ?

@poster Sad to hear about the loss. I wonder what our country is going to be in next 5-10 years if such conditions continue. real Sad !
    "Unity Lock" Made in USA. I Have purchased medium size@Rs. 600 last yeas.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

few days back i ad a chance to visit toyota walton..i was talkin to the sales person n during this an uncle came to me n asked that sales person to pls pass on my complain to IMC management that the locks of corolla n mehran are no different...he said in rmazan after sehri a brand new gli got stolen in his neighbours n that too from the garage..to my surprise the sales person replied 'sir tracker was installed?..he said no..he replied 'sir ye to phr in ki mistake hai na!!'...i was shocked to hear dis answer!!..i interupted n said 'yr wat do u mean!!...is trhan to u shud tel ur buyers after puchase that 'sir tracker install kra lena cz ye choori hne wali hai!!'...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    to add make it your SOP that as most of us remain awake till late night , after regular intervals keep pressing your car alarm button like press the lock key so that car sounds out there , it will make u sure that car is there, 2ndly a potential thief will run away as if someone is coming now towards the car
    And after 2-3 weeks, neighbors will request thieves to get the car stolen b'coz it doesn't let them have a peaceful sleep at night....hahahahaha...
    Qaiser Pal,I have not failed.But found 1 of 10,000 ways which doesn't work.....Toyota driver "I couldn't repair my brakes,so i made my horn louder"..When i was born i was so surprised that i didn't talked to one and half year..since light travel faster then sound,people appear bright until you hear them speak..If u can't convince them,confuse them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear All, i know these conventional trackers are getting unreliable now a days, but i always convience other by saying that, usign tracker does not gaurantee u 100% theft protection, but there is chance ( or u can say 50% probability) to recover your car.
    Beside stated abov, there are few recovery cases of cars due to tracker (just for reference, one car stolen from my chachu's street having tracker, lead police to recover that car along with 6 other cars from gang). Anyways in my point of view it's the game of PROBABILITY, u might be lucky or may be not.

How i care about my car:
    There is no need to repeat here that one who can afford 1.5~2.0 million worth car he can spend few thousand on its protection, yes he can; we all know it.
    I always prefer tracker with pre theft features (new in market) in my car. It informs u (upto three ppl) before theif enter ur car with in 6 seconds, some modles are with Anti-jamming functions (which make resistance for some seconds to jammer and send information message to owner in mean time). It cost only 25k and no other cost for rest of its life (i mean trackers life).
    Again there is no 100% probability that this will recover ur car but i must say probability is 80% for recovery for this tracker (i know few ppl who's cars were recovered on spot while using this system).

I use the following in my car;
    1. The above stated new tracker
    2. The conventional tracker (with back up support from control room)
    3. Portable very small size tracker (which can be place any where in car, even in boot, normally called as personal tracker)
    4. Steering lock.
    5. Last but not least 'Ayetul Kursi'.

In our engineering practice, we always provide back-up support to make our system available 100%. Two concept are used i.e. 2 x 100% or 3 x 50%. By getting idea from this, i use other two trackers as a back-up.

Total Cost:
    1. 25000
    2. 30000
    3. 12000
    4. 1000
    5. Only 30 seconds.

Total cost = 68000 and 30 seconds gives me total mental satisfaction.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One of my mate had an incident of car snatched on gun point, just 3-4 days after his 3 year insurance plan ended, who could have this precise information other than the insurance company ..... So this appear true that people from tracker/insurance companies are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    Last year there were many articles on PW about these tracker companies in pakistan. Usually they team up with thieves and get the car stolen. They know where and for how long we keep our cars parked. So it is easy for thieves to plan if they know such information. I think we can install alarm system and steering locks for our own satisfaction but these thieves are very good at what they do. Best is to avoid tracker companies and install chor switch. The chor hopefully wouldnt have time to figure it out and will leave in desperation.
    Other than that just pray to Allah as he can only save us. May he protect us all. Amen

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@poster.
    Thanks for sharing and Alrert.

Can you please share the name of place from where car has been stolen and also please do share the tracker company name.

May Allah bless us All. Ameen!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fadi_fadi View Post
    Dear All, i know these conventional trackers are getting unreliable now a days, but i always convience other by saying that, usign tracker does not gaurantee u 100% theft protection, but there is chance ( or u can say 50% probability) to recover your car.
    Beside stated abov, there are few recovery cases of cars due to tracker (just for reference, one car stolen from my chachu's street having tracker, lead police to recover that car along with 6 other cars from gang). Anyways in my point of view it's the game of PROBABILITY, u might be lucky or may be not.

How i care about my car:
    There is no need to repeat here that one who can afford 1.5~2.0 million worth car he can spend few thousand on its protection, yes he can; we all know it.
    I always prefer tracker with pre theft features (new in market) in my car. It informs u (upto three ppl) before theif enter ur car with in 6 seconds, some modles are with Anti-jamming functions (which make resistance for some seconds to jammer and send information message to owner in mean time). It cost only 25k and no other cost for rest of its life (i mean trackers life).
    Again there is no 100% probability that this will recover ur car but i must say probability is 80% for recovery for this tracker (i know few ppl who's cars were recovered on spot while using this system).

I use the following in my car;
    1. The above stated new tracker
    2. The conventional tracker (with back up support from control room)
    3. Portable very small size tracker (which can be place any where in car, even in boot, normally called as personal tracker)
    4. Steering lock.
    5. Last but not least 'Ayetul Kursi'.

In our engineering practice, we always provide back-up support to make our system available 100%. Two concept are used i.e. 2 x 100% or 3 x 50%. By getting idea from this, i use other two trackers as a back-up.

Total Cost:
    1. 25000
    2. 30000
    3. 12000
    4. 1000
    5. Only 30 seconds.

Total cost = 68000 and 30 seconds gives me total mental satisfaction.

Can you provide the location or contact of the place from where these items are available? Also what is the purpose of personal tracker? Like does it have it is own power source? Also how does it informs about it's location? SMS?

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Allah kare wo thieves kisi truck k nechay a kar mar jaen aameen.. Or khowi wi Car wapis miljaye.. Ab mein apni car garage mein nahi khari karunga
    Signature not available

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sad to hear about the loss.... I can understand what hard earned earned money is.... I can never forget the theft of my beloved mountain bike when I was in 7th class that I bought from my my 3 yrs savings

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

User Tag List