Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Mileage on your 4x4

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    WakasArshad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Mileage on your 4x4

    Hi Everybody,
    I have just come back to Pakistan and I am planning on purchasing a 4x4 since I have to travel through quite a bad patch of terrain to reach my farm. I am planning on getting a M151 but before I do i wanted to check from the members what is the mileage they get on their 4x4 since I need to travel daily I want something that will be economical.

    I am also open to recommendations on 4x4 for daily driving.

    thanks
    Wakas Arshad


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    salmanchaudhry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    46
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    M151 A2 with a 2C or 3C engine is good combo. good bonfide offroader with sensible power and off road ability. plus coil springs all round. Go for it buddy.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    WakasArshad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by salmanchaudhry View Post
    M151 A2 with a 2C or 3C engine is good combo. good bonfide offroader with sensible power and off road ability. plus coil springs all round. Go for it buddy.
    M151 Is my first choice all my friends and relatives have advised me buying it,the only thing that I am looking at is the fuel consumption I have to travel around 30km daily so I am looking for something that will be fuel efficient any idea on what is the fuel consumption for a M151?
    I am also looking at a CJ7 and a FJ40 which one of these are better?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    noman8ff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,758
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    I have a suzuki sj 410, 1983, japan assembled with a 1C diesel engine, 5 fwd gear box and it gives me an average of 16 to 17 KMs/ ltr. The reason behind this good average is that it doesn't have a 4X4 in it. To cater for that i recently purchased its original winch which will help if at all i get stuck somewhere. Remember i am not a regular offroader.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    jan87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    570
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    8
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i suggest to buy hilux as it is simple 2l engine consumption will be 12km/l
    naveed jan

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    WakasArshad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Any idea on the fuel economy and the price for Fj40? after seeing a few of these babies (especially razazaz's) on the forum I am now leaning towards buying a Fj.

    I have found a army auction M151 it is excellent condition no denting required just a new coat of paint and a bit of tinkering under the hood for 120k.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    noman8ff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,758
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    FJ is a 6 cylinder petrol engine and would not give mileage more than 7km/ltr especially with the diffs of std 40.

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    taimoorkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    583
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    my m38a-1 with 3c turbo and the orignal tranny (3 speed) gives around 11km/litre......
    1)Merdcedes W124-Daily driven, 2)Toyota FJ70 RKR-Reliable offroader, 3)Mitsubishi Pajero Shogun-Comfy workshorse, 4)M38A1-Fun ride, 5)Daewoo Racer- Econimically reliable

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    sarmadqureshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,599
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WakasArshad View Post
    M151 Is my first choice all my friends and relatives have advised me buying it,the only thing that I am looking at is the fuel consumption I have to travel around 30km daily so I am looking for something that will be fuel efficient any idea on what is the fuel consumption for a M151?
    I am also looking at a CJ7 and a FJ40 which one of these are better?

    Thanks
    Good choice, but I hope you know what you are getting into.
    A MUTT with a stock engine will give you 4-5 km/liter on its stock carb (which itself is a pain & needs frequent servicing/setting & attention), that with a Suzuki Carry's carb will give you 8-9 km/liter.

    If you convert to diesel (which I would suggest you do, as you want it to be a daily runner) you should have good mileage.

    Are you SajidD's friend ?
    TLC FJ90 SWB ~ 1KZ-TE ~ 50mm OEM Lift

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    WakasArshad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarmadqureshi View Post
    Good choice, but I hope you know what you are getting into.
    A MUTT with a stock engine will give you 4-5 km/liter on its stock carb (which itself is a pain & needs frequent servicing/setting & attention), that with a Suzuki Carry's carb will give you 8-9 km/liter.

    If you convert to diesel (which I would suggest you do, as you want it to be a daily runner) you should have good mileage.

    Are you SajidD's friend ?
    From what I have heard and learned so far M151 is a better option but need to Mod it to make it economical (that is where are the experts like you come in)

    No idea who sajidds is.

    Dear friends if you don't mind I am leaving the country for a few months and will be back in summer I will start with this project once I come back is it off I got into contact with you guys once i get back and start with the project?

    Again thanks for the info so far.

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    WakasArshad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sarmadqureshi View Post

    If you convert to diesel (which I would suggest you do, as you want it to be a daily runner) you should have good mileage.
    Finally I am back in Pakistan and the Mutt project is at a go need advice on which diesel engine should i put in to the Mutt.

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    deel_ee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    A potohar or Sj410 with CNG. A cousin has been using one for quite some time now both as a daily runner and for offroading. has been satisfied till now.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    sherwan_88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sialkot
    Age
    28
    Posts
    894
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Wakas Arshad,
    My first question to you is, What is your budget, how much are you willing to spend?

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,129
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deel_ee View Post
    A potohar or Sj410 with CNG. A cousin has been using one for quite some time now both as a daily runner and for offroading. has been satisfied till now.
    its a nice ride.

    in my case
    55kg cylinder it never crossed 90km/tank
    on pertol it does 4km to 6km/liter.
    RIP

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    deel_ee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    its a nice ride.

    in my case
    55kg cylinder it never crossed 90km/tank
    on pertol it does 4km to 6km/liter.
    My cousin is getting around 8km/l on his potohar.

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,129
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    that is very nice. i depends on driving and traffic conditions .
    RIP

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    WakasArshad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sherwan_88 View Post
    Wakas Arshad,
    My first question to you is, What is your budget, how much are you willing to spend?
    The Mutt is in a running condition at the moment with the 4x4 working and no body work required. I have a budget of 150k for the new engine and what ever work is required. I would appreciate it if anyone could guide me on what else I should get checked or changed with the diesel engine.

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    sherwan_88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sialkot
    Age
    28
    Posts
    894
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WakasArshad View Post
    The Mutt is in a running condition at the moment with the 4x4 working and no body work required. I have a budget of 150k for the new engine and what ever work is required. I would appreciate it if anyone could guide me on what else I should get checked or changed with the diesel engine.
    I would advise you to convert to CNG. Its the best and cheapest option if the your engine is in good condition and will save you a lot money and time.

    Converting to a diesel is one pain that you will literally bang your head against the wall. Its a lengthy process and very costly. If you can bear that, the end result is worth it. I converted my Mutt to Diesel.

  19. #19
    PakWheeler Follow
    WakasArshad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    31
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sherwan_88 View Post
    I would advise you to convert to CNG. Its the best and cheapest option if the your engine is in good condition and will save you a lot money and time.

    Converting to a diesel is one pain that you will literally bang your head against the wall. Its a lengthy process and very costly. If you can bear that, the end result is worth it. I converted my Mutt to Diesel.
    Costly ??? How much are we talking about , and what else will i have to get changed ?

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    sherwan_88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sialkot
    Age
    28
    Posts
    894
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WakasArshad View Post
    Costly ??? How much are we talking about , and what else will i have to get changed ?
    70-80k for a kabuli 2C engine.
    5-8k for a fabricated sump and oil pump mods.
    6-10k for the fabricator to fit the engine in the bay.
    5-10k for the gearbox-engine adapter plate.
    3-6k for misc items, such as clutch pilot bearings, input shaft bushe etc.

    These are just basic known items.... there are plenty of blind spots which would require cash.

    A CNG kit might cost you around 40k maximum....

    Your call. Its just my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •