Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Rim/tyre query

AOA
    I am in the process of changing the rims on my TLC from the wide alloys it has right now back to stock. The tyre size is 265 70R16 which i would like to keep if they can be mounted on the stock rims i plan on getting. The current rim width is 8in i think and the stock ones are 5.5in. So the question here is that can i mount 265 70R16 on 5.5in wide rims?
    Regards.

Flat six flattening things out!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nn
    thanks alot sir, that there 60 killed the argument, 265s going on 5.5. besides the speeds we crawl at wont kill anyone even if a tyre does give way. cheers!
    @Ranger_ofthe_North
    thank you sir for your advice, but i am more of a 'stock' guy. adding spacers or getting anything that is not stock is not my cup of tea. as far as looks go, you may be right, but then again, that is also a relative department. personally i like that slim and tall look the factory tyres sport. thanks again for your input.
    Flat six flattening things out!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nn View Post
    @ Hamzah, although this thread was about tyres n rims for ur ride, but I will happily discuss mine as well if you insist!

LC has original steel rims 16X8JJ with standard tyre size 275/70R16 114H, The Indus model LC came with 16X6JJ with 235/85R16. These are ofcourse 5 nuts rims. 235 is a high side profile tyre and not meant for really high speeds, but still you can get some makes going upto S rating i.e 180kmph. The 275s are obviously H rated, which is 210kmph, which suits fine, considering it can go upto 190kmph.

The Nissan came with original steel wheels, which were 16X5.5JJ and tyres were 7.50X16LT, these were factory items, but as tyres were old I decided to change them. I wanted to get 16X7JJ or minimum 16X6.5JJ, but unfortunately despite looking for them for over a month, I couldn't find any apart from 16X6JJ. Because of the nature of intened use, I was looking for steel rims. Then i came across these 16X8JJ steel rims, so I decided to go for them, so far am pretty pleased with them.

Tyres on both are Michelin LTX M/S, the 235s are obviously LT (light truck) so they have much higher weight rating for load carrying. Also they are only R rated i.e max 170kmph, but I don't intend to go any faster on it!

Having said all of the above, given choice n availbilty, I would have gone for 285/75R16 for both of them, but couldn't get any new ones!

Attaching few pics for you to get some idea about width n looks etc. Will try to do the measurement as well later...........

Rim/tyre query - 192894 Rim tyre query 11 Rim/tyre query - 192895 Rim tyre query 12 Rim/tyre query - 192896 Rim tyre query 13 Rim/tyre query - 192897 Rim tyre query 14
    Sir we have 265 / 75R16 , General Grabber AT+
    Continental Tires. Innovative Technology, Driving Confidence!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a Prius 2013 with 185/65/R15 . Due to speed breakers I just wanted to increase the height of my vehicle without harming my mileage . Please advise about the increased tire size or should I increase the height while putting some support to my shocks ? Does 205/65/R15 will be OK for Prius or it will affect its mileage or another way?
    Insane

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RazaHasan View Post
    I have a Prius 2013 with 185/65/R15 . Due to speed breakers I just wanted to increase the height of my vehicle without harming my mileage . Please advise about the increased tire size or should I increase the height while putting some support to my shocks ? Does 205/65/R15 will be OK for Prius or it will affect its mileage or another way?
    185/65/15 means that your tire's total height is 24.5 inches, it is 7.28 inches wide, and sits on a 15 rim.
    205/65/15 means that your tire's total height is 25.5 inches, and it is 8.07 inches wide.

That means your tire will sit half an inch higher in the wheel well (i.e., you should gain about half an inch in ride height). Depending on the offset of your rims, your sidewall should move under half an inch outwards. That's as far as cosmetic appearances are concerned.

As far as your mileage is concerned, thicker tires will invariably mean more grip, slightly more rolling resistance, and thus, less fuel efficiency. It will probably mean better handling, softer ride, and better stopping power because of the larger contact patch. As an owner, that is something that you're the best judge of. Your own needs, and what is more important to you, will allow you to make the right decision. Best of luck.
    Always buy cars which your children love. They'll be helpful allies against your wife, later on!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Looking for recommended rims or hollow rims for FJ 40, approximate cost & place be suggested, thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any news about query ?