0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Pajero 1988... Need advise for engine

Any idea whether I should replace(Kabli one) engine of Pajero or get it overhauled.

Any idea of kabli engine price or cost of overhauling.

Infact I am thinking of changing the whole front "Hissa" which would include engine, suspension etc. Kabli Hissa(complete cut front portion from windscreen is available?)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello,

Replacement of the engine seems like a quick fix, but what is the guarantee that your engine will stay strong after a month or so. After all these are second hand engines, some of these kabli engines are fitted with new rings, new gasket; so on the startup they seem fine. The real condition of the engine comes in after a while. In Rwp, the 4d56 is sold at Rs. 45k or more and yes that is with a trade in of the old engine. My question is after spending 45k and then getting an engine which one is not sure of, is it worth it? Some people who want to sell their vehicles go for a swap and end the story. The other disadvantage is that once you get the new engine then you have to get the engine no. updated in the registration book as well, and the old engine will be crossed off. I don’t like the cutting in the registration book.

If you want to keep your Pajero, then it may be best to have it rebuilt by someone professional. Get genuine parts, and it may cost you upto 50k or more for the rebuild. But in the long run you know what you have put in the engine and you can depend on it.

For the suspension, you can check the old parts as there maybe a good deal in it. Whatever the condition of the parts is it will be apparent.

One last suggestion, check the prices of brand new items, before going for the old parts. In some case you will find brand new parts cost less than old parts.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont know. but i had an uncle who had the same model pajero. he had put a toyota hilus SSR engine in his pajero. that thing was poweful. may be u shud go for that. coz i have had pajero. and not impressed by its engine. especially an overhauled one.
    Amazing things happen when you turbocharge a TOYOTA!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think full overhaul (including pieces, piston, sleeves, valves & valve guides, head facing, crank polishing) + suspension (Ball joints + Tie-rod ends etc) will cost you around 50K. Also don't go for a kabli engine because there is no guarantee that the engine will last long. If you can get a newer engine, whether costly, but will last long.....

(P.S. Don't try to go for a cheap overhaul because that will also not last long)
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know this guy who put in a Prado engine got it from Afghanistan and has never looked back , Engine overhaul is a TEMP option, I think you can also put in the enginer of the Mitsubishi L300 wagon as they have the same engine.
    Take my word dont get anything trepaired it will cost you and will wear out after 6 months buy a new suspension and live in PEACE.
    Twin cam sixteen Vaalve da sticker Nikki jeyee gaddi utte

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List