Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Toyota land cruiser 2006 gx.r v6, middle-east version

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    ozzeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota land cruiser 2006 gx.r v6, middle-east version ABS-BRAKE ISSUES

    Salam PWS
    specialy 4x4 Gurus

    hope you guys will be very fine Inshallah.

    I have been facing brake issues with my car for a year . By applying brakes the pedal sinks towards floor, mostly it happens when i stop my vehicle at Drive (D) Position . Initially the car stops and after few seconds the pedal moves forward and car leaves its place , and i have to stop my car by applying full force to the pedal . As far as the car has ABS brakes system. I have never face any ABS light on dashboard.

    I went through some mechanics they have advised me to replace the whole brake system i.e too costly and specialy in the GCC countries most of the people prefer to change the complete part if any of its component is not working.

    So , if anyone have solution for the above problem please consider this post.

    Best Regards


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Have you checked your brake oil? Is it leaking from somewhere? Usually that happens when there is leak somewhere and master cylinder is loosing pressure.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    ozzeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    Have you checked your brake oil? Is it leaking from somewhere? Usually that happens when there is leak somewhere and master cylinder is loosing pressure.
    Thanks Mr Babar
    yes i have checked brake oil it is at max level. is it possible to repair master cylinder?

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ozzeyy View Post
    Thanks Mr Babar
    yes i have checked brake oil it is at max level. is it possible to repair master cylinder?
    Yes and no. If its only rubber rings than yes else if it's inner diaphragm than no.

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Proverbial_Slang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,904
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Replace the master Cylinder. Its not an expensive part.

    I don't know which country you're in but there are places where you can get used parts as well like Sharjah in the UAE.

    Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    ozzeyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbial_Slang View Post
    Replace the master Cylinder. Its not an expensive part.

    I don't know which country you're in but there are places where you can get used parts as well like Sharjah in the UAE.

    Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    Bro, I went to dealer's shop they dont have separate master cylinder and they are saying that cylinder comes with full Brake Package.
    I am from Qatar, ive no idea about the prices in sharjah and its a bit far from here ...but Alhamdulillah i have purchased from KSA market today and there price was reasonable so gonna replace tomorrow .

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Proverbial_Slang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,904
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ozzeyy View Post
    Bro, I went to dealer's shop they dont have separate master cylinder and they are saying that cylinder comes with full Brake Package.
    I am from Qatar, ive no idea about the prices in sharjah and its a bit far from here ...but Alhamdulillah i have purchased from KSA market today and there price was reasonable so gonna replace tomorrow .
    Alhamdolillah.

    Sent using Curiosity's onboard communications sytem.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •