Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How about Tata, Mahindra, Bajaj, TVS in Pakistan?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default How about Tata, Mahindra, Bajaj, TVS in Pakistan?

Indian car companies like Tata, Mahindra and 2 wheeler comanies like Bajaj and TVS are one of the biggest manufacturers of automobiles in the world (Eg: Bajaj Auto is world's 4'th largest 2 wheeler maker).

These companies are also big exporters of Indian made cars/bikes to many countries in the world including India's neighbouring countries like Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh.

But sadly these companies have not been able to do business in Pakistan due to political reasons.

• Has the time now come for these companies to enter Pakistan with its products?

/li

• Will the Pakistani consumer accept these Indian automobiles?

/li

Closed for good
    [Mod Edit]

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -560137
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All,
    A funny summary of this thread:

1a: This thread created by an Indian,
    1b: Answered by Pakistanis and Indians both.

2a:Pakistanis saying they dont want the indian autos.
    2b:Indians saying that Pakistanis "SHOULD" want their autos.

3a: Pakistanis saying bilateral trade.
    3b: Indians dont mention it in their posts.

4a:Pakistanis saying India itself did the same thing. (India infact started importing cars wayyyyyy after Pakistan did)
    4b:India saying Pakistanis should not "restrict" the market just like Indans did and open to the inidan autos(even though Pakistan market is only closed for indian autos and not for other much better quality autos).

5a:Pakistanis also mention that indians should "invest" in Pakistan rather than export the whole auto to Pakistan.
    5b:Indians still talking about india exporting to Pakistan.

6a: Indians say importing their "better" quality cars will increase the quality of Pakistani cars.
    6b: Pakistanis saying that Pakistan already has extremely good quality cars from Japan and Europe.

All in all, Indians themselves started the thread, boast about their low quality products than what Pakistan already has access to, got the answer, but now indian squad still insists on pushing their own opinion/choice onto Pakistanis, knowing fully well that investing and/or bilateral trade is the only fair way forward.

Funny isnt it? (For Pakistanis at least)
    "Inna mal a'maalu binniya"
    "Actions are based upon intentions"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@DesiBoy,
    "Do I have to mention how Tata is the owner of Land Rover, Jaguar and Daewoo Trucks??? "

No mate, already know about it. I write the software for most of these manufacturers

:d just to let you know (old news though), TATA Daewoo Trucks are actually built in Pakistan!!! see below:

PAKISTAN: New plant to build Tata Daewoo trucks
    19 January 2007

Afzal Motors of Pakistan has opened a new truck and bus assembly plant in Karachi to assemble heavy-duty Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle (TDCV) trucks from South Korea , following a technical assistance agreement between the two companies.

Pakistan prime minister Shaukat Aziz formally opened the plant and said that the tie-up between an international manufacturer like TDCV and Afzal Motors would boost the efficiency of his country's transportation sector.

The plant, which can build 3,000 vehicles a year, will also assemble Daewoo buses. Afzal Motors has already begun sourcing KD sets from TDCV trucks and expects a market share of about 30% in Pakistan in 2007-8.
    ----------------

Now this is the kind of deal and involves investment from indian side can be good for both :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tata made it first indigenous car in 1998 the Indica.. it has been 10 years since.

Mahindra made its first indigenous SUV the Scorpio a few years after that.. it hasn't been even 10 years since.

Bajaj Auto launched its first indigenous motorcycle the Pulsar 150 and 180 (NOT with its kawasaki JV) in 2001.. it has just been 7 years..!!

This is what I meant by stating that these Indian Auto gaints have hardly spent 10 years in making cars/bikes on it own.

You only learn when you try to do it alone. But yes, the European and Japanese companies have been the early teachers. No denying that.

@GamezBond bhai..

I never said we don't want bilateral trade.. please please by all means enter India with Pakistani products. And then let the market forces (Supply and Demand) take over.
    -

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why cant they just sort the problems out and get on with it and move on.......be friends and trade with eachother

it would be so much easier and less hassle then it is at the moment......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

some indian freinds are uselessly insisting on& on&on&on&on&on&on&on to export their "superquality" brands to pakistan.even they got the answer verwell from "Gamesbond".
    but it seems that they do not agree to understand.
    indian sumuguled products are available here,like sumuguled tyres. but no one here buy them.is that not enough for them.
    The one and the last thing pakistanis do not want trade with india until india quite kashmir.
    this is not the politics.it is the matter of millions of lives.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Gamezbond

Agreed that foreign investment would benefit Pakistan many times over plain importing. Investment generates jobs, infrastructure and increases inflow of cash.

However for foreigners to invest in a new market, they'll have to test the waters. Foreign investment is a big risk and no corporate will initiate it without testing the waters in the proposed country. Say for Indian bike makers, they'll initially export a few batches to see how their product is received. If negative, they'll exit with little loss.

If positive, they'll initiate exporting kits to selected vendors for assembly. This will make the product cheaper (and more competitive) as Pakistanis will not have to pay for Indian labour.

This will later advance to full scale manufacturing, whereby the company sets up a facility to manufacture their products, most often than not, in full. Quantity of local input increases over time as economics of scale balances.

I don't think this topic's starter meant only exporting, but investment by Indian auto companies in Pakistan. That's my view from his first question: "Has the time now come for these companies to enter Pakistan with its products?" :-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi, before some months i went to India i like indian bikes like pulsar but i challange to any indian bike that they did not beat this

This is my yamaha 100cc motor bike n this in heavy bike for me (Inshallah) i will beat any indian bike
    How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873736

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873737

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873738

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873739

:p:p:p:p:p:p

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just goes to show the gap in terms of products sold in both the countries. Believe me Yamaha (and other Japanese manufacturers) is taking Pakistani customers for a ride.

Posted below are what Yamaha India makes and sell in India.

Yamaha India had to bring out these models since their products weren't selling well in India due to the strong products from Bajaj and TVS

Only when there is competition, the customer will then get the best products and also prices.

100cc

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873842

125cc

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873843

150cc

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873844

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873845

another 150 cc from Yamaha India

How about Tata Mahindra Bajaj TVS in Pakistan? -873846
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Only when there is competition, the customer will then get the best products and also prices.
    Very True(Y)
    I am the one your Mother WARNED you about!!!!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is my yamaha 100cc motor bike n this in heavy bike for me (Inshallah) i will beat any indian bike

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@DesiBoy
    You said:
    Tata made it first indigenous car in 1998 the Indica.. it has been 10 years since.

Mahindra made its first indigenous SUV the Scorpio a few years after that.. it hasn't been even 10 years since.

Bajaj Auto launched its first indigenous motorcycle the Pulsar 150 and 180 (NOT with its kawasaki JV) in 2001.. it has just been 7 years..!!

As I wrote already,
    Tata Group, started in 1868 by Sir Jamsetji Tata

Mahindra & Mahindra, started in 1945 by Jagdish Mahindra and brother Kailash

Bajaj Group, founded in 1945 by Jamnalal Bajaj

OK then lets talk about this then:

So according to your own data about the INDIAN manufacturers:

Tata took 130 Loooooong years to come up with A CAR!!!

Mahindra (although you dont mention a date but still claim that it has been less than 10 years) took ALMOST 60 Loooooong years to come up with A CAR!!!

Bajaj took 56 Loooooong years to come up with A CAR!!!

It is absolutely SHOCKING isnt it ?????? OH may be not for the indians, but trust me, it is absolutely amazingly slow for the Pakistanis standards. What a shameful data to look at eh!!!!

NOW look at the Pakistani side on the other hand:
    Pakistan itself is younger than any of the above companies mentioned. Our companies only started a few years ago. And they have already come up with their own cars within such an amazingly short time. Thanks to NOT having an indian influence on our manufacturing. If we went with the indian pace of development, the first car from Pakistani side would be as far as 2077 !!!!!!!

AND you believe that indian auto manufacturers will teach us something?????????

LOL.......:d :d :d :d sorry I got to laugh mate (quite literally)........and say..."I dont think soooooooooo"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ DesiBoy
    "Only when there is competition, the customer will then get the best products and also prices."

Yes I agree. You saw the indian autos progress this way too. So yes, a good lesson learnt.

But the Pakistani side, however, has had the competetion LONG before indians thought of it mate. And we have had much better competitors than indian autos in our market for years. Whyy on earth would we need competition from a country thats 4 times bigger than ours, has been compared to an elephant on this thread by indians themselves (see comment by NickatNite), and has taken over 130 years to come up with their own car !!!!!!!!

Sorry mate, but, I think the answers to this thread are loud and clear, that the Pakistanis do not want indian autos. Just the indians simply dont want to accept that they are wayyyyyyyy behind other manufacturers, who are already present in Pakistan, and have already taught us a lot, and that the indians themselves are trying to compete with these very manufacturers themselves!!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hooker100
    Well, I think that TATA trucks have already "tested the waters" as you put it. Hence they are now making their trucks in Pakistan.

It is quite ammusing how indians on this thread keep saying " I actually meant this, and I actually meant that". Just a note to them, please start actually saying what you actually mean!!! :p :p

And above all, you dont really need to read between the lines on this thread. I think the message is loud n clear. Pakistanis do NOT want to buy indian autos, and do NOT think that indian autos are better than what we already have in Pakistan, and do NOT want to import the low quality autos from india. We have however mentioned that investing in the auto industry within Pakistan may be a better idea. which indians here do not think should happen either.

The funny thing about this thread is, an indian asked the question, and got the answers as I wrote above, and now indians still insist on ONLY importing and not investing (or some other way to provide more benefit to Pakistan), "testing the waters etc", AND all this while Pakistanis actualy didnt ask this question in the first place. Seems to me, that india really NEEDS to export and come into Pakistani market, except that they also want it ON THEIR OWN terms .....lol...lol...

Same message as above, but in different words:

Pakistan is quite capable of asking India to export autos to us, IF and WHEN we need to, and ONLY THEN indians will be in better position to start dictating THEIR terms as it wont be them who asked for the deal!!!

You can not have ONLY your terms when you are the ones asking for the deal in the first place. Simple.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@GamezBond

SOURCE:-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_motors

Tata Motors Limited, formerly known as TELCO (TATA Engineering and Locomotive Company), is a multinational corporation headquartered in Mumbai, India. It is India's largest passenger automobile and commercial vehicle manufacturing company. Part of the Tata Group, and one of the world's largest manufacturers of commercial vehicles. The OICA ranked it as the world's 20th largest automaker, based on figures for 2006.[1]

Tata Motors was established in 1945, when the company began manufacturing locomotives. The company manufactured its first commercial vehicle in 1954 in collaboration with Daimler-Benz AG, which ended in 1969[2]. Tata Motors was listed on the NYSE in 2004, and by 2005 it was ranked among the top 10 corporations in India with an annual revenue exceeding INR 320 billion. In 2004, it bought Daewoo's truck manufacturing unit, now known as Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle, in South Korea. It also, acquired a 21% stake in Hispano Carrocera SA, giving it controlling rights in the company. Tata Motors launched their much awaited Tata Nano, noted for its Rs 100,000 price-tag, in January 2008.

In March 2008, it finalised a deal with Ford Motor Company to acquire their British Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) business, which also includes the Rover, Daimler and Lanchester brand names.[3][4][5] The purchase was completed on 2nd June 2008[6]

Tata Motors has its manufacturing base in Jamshedpur, Pantnagar, Lucknow, Pune and Singur.

HISTORY

Tata Motors is a part of the Tata and Sons Group, founded by Jamshetji Tata and J. Baker also affiliated with the mystical Dr Albertuttee Goostein. The company was established in 1945 as a locomotive manufacturing unit and later expanded its operations to commercial vehicle sector in 1954 after forming a joint venture with Daimler-Benz AG of Germany.

EARLY YEARS

Tata Motors started its commercial vehicle operations in 1960 with the manufacturing of first commercial vehicle (a copy of a Daimler Benz model) in Pune. It took five years for the company to begin the commercial production of heavy commercial vehicles. Considering the road infrastructure of the country which does not support heavy vehicles, the company adopted a route for light commercial vehicles (LCV). It came out with its first LCV, Tata 407, in 1986.

Post liberalization, in order to expand rapidly, the company adopted the route to joint ventures. In 1993, it signed with Cummins Engine Co., Inc., for the manufacture of high horsepower and emission friendly diesel engines. It was an effort made to reduce the pollution in the existing Tata engines and to produce more environmentally friendly engines. Furthering the trail of JVs it signed a joint venture agreement with Tata Holset Ltd., UK, for manufacturing turbochargers to be used on Cummins engines.

MORE INFORMATION ON:- http://www.tatamotors.com/our_world/we_care.php

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Gamezbond

After some googling, I found what you say about Indian companies is correct. BTW Mahindra assembled their first Jeep back in the 1945. Tata started assembling MB trucks in 1955. Bajaj started manufacturing bikes in the 60s. Their one and only hallmark product was an ugly vespa style scooter. The rest were Kawasaki products.

Until the 90s these companies had virtually no progress as they were sleeping (as I mentioned earlier due to lack of competition). These companies only started growing at such an ashtonishing pace after the advent of opening up of the economy. Today all those companies figure in the Fortune Global 2000 list. I'm pretty sure they would still have been sleeping had India not opened their doors. You may perhaps have found Indians praising and admiring those Yamaha and Piaggio bikes today that fellow forumers posted had change not been initiated.

Even many Chinese manufacturers like Sinotruk, Dong Feng and FAW saw rapid expansion only after China opened doors too.

And for your information, the Habib group has been around since 1891, but all they can offer is a Sitara Cart. I was tempted to post a picture but refrained. Ghani Group was founded in 1959 but still assembles Chinese bikes. Saigol was founded in 1948 but is still assembling Qingqi bikes. No significant progress although Pakistan opened its doors earlier than India, as you said.

And Tata's testing of waters are only for Daewoo trucks, which is already established there -due to takeover. I highly doubt Daewoo opened a plant in Pakistan before importing CBU units unless they had irrevocable confirmation of purchase orders for a large number of units with government guarantees.

In this forum, (not this thread), I've seen several Pakistanis wanting Indian bikes in Pakistan! Check the 3-wheeler thread and see. So can you represent all of Pakistan? And BTW I read from this forum Pakistan is allowing import of Indian buses as other imported buses are "not suitable for Pakistan's conditions". Another guy in the 3-wheeler section said about buses held up in port due to "made in India" stamp. They were from Dubai. I don't see why there's supply if no demand.:-)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ROHANGENIUS
    Even after all that, TATA motors still is OLDER than Pakistan itself. That speak for itself how a well established company takes such a HUGE amount of time to make a car.

Question again: And even after that, such a S L O W M O V I N G manufacturers believe they can teach someone (anyone) how to progres??????

I dont think sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :d :d

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tata Motors is a part of the Tata and Sons Group, founded by Jamshetji Tata and J. Baker also affiliated with the mystical Dr Albertuttee Goostein. The company was established in 1945 as a locomotive manufacturing unit and later expanded its operations to commercial vehicle sector in 1954 after forming a joint venture with Daimler-Benz AG of Germany.

I think you didn't read this

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question again: And even after that, such a S L O W M O V I N G manufacturers believe they can teach someone (anyone) how to progres??????
    How you can call it a slow moving manufacturers? TATA motors stated to build cars in 1998 because of recent boom in the car market.Many other automobile manufacturers like "Hyundai" etc. also entered Indian market because of its potential.

HOPE YOU GET IT NOW!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Friends. I've learned a lot from this thread. Some Examples..

1. Gamezbond (aka ALL PAKISTANIS) never buy Indian cars/bikes, coz they are inferior to Pakistani imported/assembled ones.. but he welcomes Indian investment (NO IMPORT.., ONLY INVESTMENT).. but nobody will buy it.

2. Pakistan opened market decades before Indians, but Indians auto industry is very very slow. If they enter Pakistan, Pakistan auto companies will become slow.

3. Only dated bikes are suitable for sisters and mothers. If we have good looking bike, we should give lift only to girlfriends in our bike.

4. Tata Motors is worst auto company in the world. Coz they didn't build cars in 17th century.
    Never get into a wrestling match with a pig. You both get dirty, and the pig likes it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

some people are "bin bulaay mehmaan" in this forum.why they don't go to "indianwheels.com" or"bharatwheels.com"or"hindustaanwheels.com" or bla,bla,bla,bla,bla.
    "people should not go there.where they are not welcomed"
    there is a point in this for some forieghners here.this is a pakistani auto forum to talk about wheels in pakistan not in india.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

User Tag List