Season Schedule

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615562

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - -615563

Previous Season's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

Live Timing

Enjoy Posting

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Reverse Suzuka or Interlagos Never seen that before.
    Let's hope the Korean track is finished in time as it should be, given that Bernie's friend is involved in it and Bernie himself has a huge stake in having a 19 race calender.

Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Promoter says Korean track on schedule<!-- end title -->
    Korean Grand Prix organisers have denied its maiden Formula 1 race is in danger, stating that the construction of the circuit is right on schedule.

Renault sure to overtake Mercedes<!-- end title -->
    Renault's technical director James Allison is adamant his team can overtake rival Mercedes GP in terms of performance in the upcoming races.

@UK
    I knows that I am opening a pandora box but I never knows that I will get a Kimi's fan title for posting facts which we all have witness. Kimi is cool headed guy just like Michal neither of them have ever criticised team or car in open public. After all his cool mindedness was been apprieciated by everyone after Montreal incident in 08'.

Alonso is not that kind of a driver he could openly criticise his team as we have seen in McLaren in 07' and Renault in 08' and 09', he has shown his frustration in media which for any one of top class level is not a good thing whether you like it or not but even after Melbourne GP this year he says that he don't want to overtake because otherwise some eyebrows will raise at the team headquarter. This is not good way of expressing your frustration.

Even in real life there are some students who are outright genius and some need a bit of guiding to do amazing stuff, Alonso is the belongs to the first group and Kimi belongs to the second.

I have said previously that I admire Alonso for his ability but not like his attitude in case of failure. The same thing is for Montoya too, excellent skilled driver but very loose temper. Even Mansell have shown his frustration in public. Also all of the greats you named remained rival to each other for 4 or 5 years at most and thats the same time Michal and Mika has spent as title rivals so why you don't consider them as rivals is beyond my understanding.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

FIA reaches settlement with Briatore over Crashgate
    The FIA has drawn a line under the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix Crashgate scandal, after reaching an agreement with former Renault chiefs Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds.

Michelin return dependant on tyre war
    Michelin's return to Formula One as a tyre supplier is partly dependent on competition from rival companies, according to a spokesman.

India track build not yet underway
    Construction of the circuit to host the inaugural Indian Grand Prix in 2011 has not yet begun, but work to prepare the greenfield site for building to commence is now 90% complete.

Jury's out on Schumacher comeback - Jackie Stewart
    As the debate over the wisdom of Michael Schumacher rumbles on, former world champion Jackie Stewart has told the Observer that the jury is still out on whether Schumacher will still be able to challenge for a world title.

Schumacher joins GPDA after all<!-- end title -->
    Michael Schumacher has decided to join the Grand Prix Drivers' Association, backtracking on his decision to not be a part of the body.

The full statement from the FIA<!-- end title -->
    The decision handed down by the Tribunal de Grande Instance of Paris on 5 January 2010 at the request of Mr Flavio Briatore and Mr Pat Symonds, which the FIA has appealed, revealed a poor understanding of how the disciplinary procedure before the World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) works.

Briatore denies personal guilt<!-- end title -->
    Former Renault boss Flavio Briatore has denied any personal guilt in the Singapore Grand Prix's race-fixing scandal after the Italian and the FIA reached a settlement on the matter.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kimi is cool headed guy just like Michal neither of them have ever criticised team or car in open public. After all his cool mindedness was been apprieciated by everyone after Montreal incident in 08'.
    There is some other word for that behavior, maybe robotic is the word that comes to mind for now.
    Am interested in what exactly Schumacher could criticize his team for. For having lap dog team mates who were not allowed to finish ahead of him even for 6th or 8th places, the last scoring points in those days or for ramming his opponents off the track and have his team back him or for having the best team in Brawn, Byrne, Todt, Flavio, and Symonds on his side through out his career. Or maybe criticize Ferrari for one year's unreliability in 1996, when paid millions to drive for them. Maybe he should have criticized his team for making him a bullet proof car?

Alonso is not that kind of a driver he could openly criticise his team as we have seen in McLaren in 07' and Renault in 08' and 09', he has shown his frustration in media which for any one of top class level is not a good thing whether you like it or not but even after Melbourne GP this year he says that he don't want to overtake because otherwise some eyebrows will raise at the team headquarter. This is not good way of expressing your frustration.
    Why not? Should he be a robot like Raikkonen, without any passion. People who take pride in what they do say anything because pride is hurt. As Ron Dennis said of him, competitive animals know no bounds.
    I have not seen the the bit with him saying, he didn't pass because some eyebrows would be raised, but even if for arguments sake he did say that, so what? He is telling it how it is, without putting a spin on it. Thats the way good old fashioned racers did before FIA turned them into corporate robots.

I have said previously that I admire Alonso for his ability but not like his attitude in case of failure. The same thing is for Montoya too, excellent skilled driver but very loose temper.
    You haven't seen Schumacher or Vettel lose. Luckily you will see that this year. I don't know a person who enjoys losing, some are robots, with well rehearsed lines, others shoot from the hip. Besides it's their temperament, the famous Latin temper. Germans are well oiled boring machines and known for it in every sport.

Also all of the greats you named remained rival to each other for 4 or 5 years at most and thats the same time Michal and Mika has spent as title rivals so why you do not consider them as rivals is beyond my understanding.
    Fangio
    First race post war, 1950. Last race, 1958.
    Moss
    First race 1951. Last race 1961.

Lauda
    First race 1971. Last race 1985, with a couple years of retirement in between.
    Prost
    First race 1980. Last race 1993. A one year sabbatical in 1992.

Piquet
    First race 1978. Last race 1991
    Mansell
    First race 1980. Last race 1995. Raced in Indycars in `93,`94 and took part in a few races for Williams in `94

Clark
    First race 1960. Last race 1968. Tragically killed that year.
    Grahame Hill
    First race 1958. Last race 1975.

( All info from Formula1.com ) There were other people in the 70's, like Jackie Stewart, Emo, Hunt to name a few.

I can't see the 4-5 years max you talked about. Almost all of them, at some stage were team mates, fighting each other in equal cars. If not, they at least had a superior car to others at one point of their career and an inferior one at some other stage. They fought each other tooth and nail, like men possessed. To me those are rivalries along with Senna and Prost. Fighting for the title in 1998, half of `99 and half of `00 does not make much of a rivalry if you ask me.
    That's just my opinion, we agree to disagree

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thats interesting...would like to see that happen..

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Kimi is cool headed guy just like Michal neither of them have ever criticised team or car in open public. After all his cool mindedness was been apprieciated by everyone after Montreal incident in 08'. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>There is some other word for that behavior, maybe robotic is the word that comes to mind for now.
    Am interested in what exactly Schumacher could criticize his team for. For having lap dog team mates who were not allowed to finish ahead of him even for 6th or 8th places, the last scoring points in those days or for ramming his opponents off the track and have his team back him or for having the best team in Brawn, Byrne, Todt, Flavio, and Symonds on his side through out his career. Or maybe criticize Ferrari for one year's unreliability in 1996, when paid millions to drive for them. Maybe he should have criticized his team for making him a bullet proof car?
    i kind of agree with UK...Kimi and schumi didn't have anything to complain about...they were the 'preferred' drivers of their respective team...and were paid millions to drive..

i liked kimi..he was the kind of guy who would keep it to himself and just drive whichever car is given to him...and i think he didn't like to participate in team-building and stuff...thats the negative for kimi...

and about critisizing teams...every driver does it...i m sure u've heard Hamilton criticize Mclaren openly manytimes..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ferrari: No worries on engine situation<!-- end title -->
    Ferrari is adamant there are no reasons to be worried about the reliability of its engines following an in-depth analysis on its failures in Malaysia.

Force India hopes to leapfrog Renault<!-- end title -->
    Force India boss Vijay Mallya is hopeful his team can match and leapfrog Renault in this year's championship after a strong start to the season.

McLaren halts new suspension work<!-- end title -->
    McLaren has stopped work on an advanced suspension unit following the FIA's clarification that any system that regulates a car's ride height during parc ferme conditions is illegal.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mercedes rumoured to be preparing 'B' car
    Mercedes is reportedly working on a major overhaul of its car in time for the Spanish Grand Prix, in the hope of fighting for wins at the upcoming European races.

We have some serious debate for quite sometime so its now a good time to have some fun so here is what Hamilton have did during Malaysian GP.

-Formula 1  - Season 2010 - - GP Malasia pilotoons
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ haha...great...i watched highlights so i know what its referring to....hamilton should've been penalised...
    keep more of them rolling here...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmm..thats ambitious...

Renault sure to overtake Mercedes<!-- end title --> >> Force India hopes to leapfrog Renault<!-- end title --> ...
    so in effect Force India is trying to be on top..merc overtaken by renault and renault overtaken by Force india...interesting..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

HRT is sand bagging

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    hmm..thats ambitious...

Renault sure to overtake Mercedes<!-- end title --> >> Force India hopes to leapfrog Renault<!-- end title --> ...
    so in effect Force India is trying to be on top..merc overtaken by renault and renault overtaken by Force india...interesting..
    I bet Force India can do it, but not Renault..
    www.f1db.ru - my Formula 1 web site

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Symonds allowed to work as consultant<!-- end title -->
    Pat Symonds will be allowed to work as a consultant for any Formula 1 team right away, the Briton has clarified, after reaching a settlement with the FIA over the race-fixing scandal.

Kubica 'much happier' at Renault<!-- end title -->
    Robert Kubica says he is enjoying life far more battling for points-scoring positions with Renault, than he did when fighting it out for wins at BMW Sauber.

Dennis: McLaren initiated Mercedes split<!-- end title -->
    McLaren was the party that initiated the end of its exclusive tie-up with Mercedes-Benz at the end of last season, former team principal Ron Dennis has revealed.

Massa: McLaren duct is key advantage<!-- end title -->
    Felipe Massa fears McLaren's F-duct system could make life complicated for the rest of the field in this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix, with the Woking squad set to have a crucial advantage on the Shanghai track's long back straight.

Senna to use new engine in China
    Bruno Senna will have a fresh Cosworth engine fitted to his HRT car for qualifying and the race in China this weekend.

@UK
    What happened, bro why you said HRT sandbagging??

@m_waqas
    What Lewis did would only been penalised if Petrov would try to overtake but Petrov was doing the same so how could you penalised front driver who is just trying to shake the other driver of his slipstreaming. That was not a overtaking move.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

schuey where r u?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rumours of Mercedes making a "B" spec car might be the same as Ferrari making a "B" car that emerged from mysterious sources even before doing one lap of testing.

@genius83

Because with all the news about Renault passing Mercedes and Force India passing Renault, HRT sand bagging might be the next big news I think Force India is already better than Renault, but not the drivers. Renault to leapfrog Mercedes

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    OK, sorry can't understand the sarcasm in your post. Well in reality HRT has already leave Virgin behind with 3 finishes out of 6 starts so only 11 more to go but how about Virgin with their new chasis to compensate larger fuel tank could comeout with a car that will be a real world beater and wins races from Barcelona to Abu Dhabi in a clear white wash way with 1-2 in each race.

Thats one way of putting Mercedes news but what if the B-Spec will suit Michal or that car is designed as what Michal likes then what happens??? If Michal wins after the major upgrades then it means the car at the start of the season was not suitted to Michal's style.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius83

A new virgin you men? This Virgin is clearly no fun

Schumacher needs more time, that's all. Whether he gets back to any where near his old self, i don't know, i suspect not. But getting up to speed and closer to Rosberg, is only a matter of time. The car is no match for the front runners right now but they have great expectations from their upgrade. Only problem being- the teams in front are working at the same pace. Mercedes needs a huge step forward, something close to a second a lap if not more, which is a huge ask.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ferrari to test F-duct in practice for Chinese GP
    Ferrari will evaluate an F-duct on its car in practice for the Chinese Grand Prix tomorrow, AUTOSPORT has learned, as teams clamber to close down the straightline advantage enjoyed by McLaren. BMW Sauber is the only outfit that has so far been able to successfully copy the McLaren concept, which provides a straightline speed boost through the driver closing off a valve in the cockpit that helps stall the rear wing.

Schumacher insists title still possible
    Michael Schumacher still believes that he can fight for the world championship this year, despite his team failing to match pace-setters Red Bull Racing, Ferrari and McLaren so far. With his Mercedes GP team set to introduce a major revamp of its car for the next race in Spain, Schumacher believes that the development push by his outfit can still lift him into contention for the title.

Prodrive rules out entering F1 in 2011
    Prodrive has ruled out attempting to enter Formula 1 next season, as it has decided to focus on the World Rally Championship, the company announced on Thursday. Prodrive was one of the teams that applied to enter the sport in 2010, but it didn't get one of the three new entries, which went to Manor, Campos and US F1.

Webber downplays Red Bull advantage
    Mark Webber does not believe his Red Bull Racing team has a big advantage over its rivals despite a dominant one-two in the previous race in Malaysia. Sebastian Vettel led Webber home at Sepang to give the Milton Keynes-based squad its first win of the season after the troubles of the first two races, from where Vettel had retired while leading.

Thursday's press conference - China
    DRIVERS: Sebastien BUEMI (Toro ROSSO), Lewis HAMILTON (McLaren), Michael SCHUMACHER (Mercedes), Adrian SUTIL (Force India)
    PRESS CONFERENCE

Massa in no rush to sort Ferrari contract
    Felipe Massa says he is in no hurry to sort his contract situation with Ferrari, insisting he is focusing on the championship. The Brazilian's current deal ends at the end of this season, and there have been rumours that Ferrari is interested in signing Renault's Robert Kubica to partner Fernando Alonso from next year.

Kubica: Ferrari talk no distraction
    Robert Kubica says he remains totally focused on achieving results with Renault this season and is not even thinking about talk of a future Ferrari switch. The Pole has been linked to a move to Ferrari in place of Felipe Massa from 2011, and while he did not rule out the possibility, Kubica insisted it was far from his mind at present.

Ecclestone: No doubts about Korea
    Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is convinced that the South Korean Grand Prix will take place this year, despite doubts about the event surfacing earlier this week. A report in German magazine Focus suggested that track designer Hermann Tilke was unsure if the new circuit would be ready for its inaugural F1 race on October 24.

Wurz joins China stewards' panel
    Alexander Wurz is to be the drivers' representative on the stewards' panel at this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix. The former grand prix driver, who raced for Benetton and Williams during his Formula 1 career, will offer advice to the three other stewards - Paul Gutjahr, Enzo Spano and Heping Wan.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel plays down Red Bull advantage
    Sebastian Vettel has played down the advantage Red Bull has over its competitors, ahead of the Chinese Grand Prix.

Warwick, Mansell, Fittipaldi, Hill to be next F1 stewards
    Derek Warwick, Nigel Mansell and Emerson Fittipaldi are being lined up to act as the fourth F1 stewards at forthcoming grands prix.

@UK
    Yes, New Virgin after this Virgin have failed against HRT's power.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Button fastest in first practice
    Jenson Button set the early pace for McLaren in first practice for the Chinese Grand Prix, but it was Sebastien Buemi who ended the session counting his blessings after surviving one of the most bizarre accidents in modern Formula 1 history.

Chinese GP Practice Session 1
    Code:
    Pos Driver          Team                     Time       Gap    Laps
     1. Button          McLaren-Mercedes         1m36.677s           15
     2. Rosberg         Mercedes                 1m36.748s  +0.071   17
     3. Hamilton        McLaren-Mercedes         1m36.775s  +0.098   19
     4. Schumacher      Mercedes                 1m37.509s  +0.832   14
     5. Vettel          Red Bull-Renault         1m37.601s  +0.924   20
     6. Kubica          Renault                  1m37.716s  +1.039   17
     7. Petrov          Renault                  1m37.745s  +1.068   25
     8. Webber          Red Bull-Renault         1m37.980s  +1.303   17
     9. Sutil           Force India-Mercedes     1m38.008s  +1.331   13
    10. Massa           Ferrari                  1m38.098s  +1.421   19
    11. Alguersuari     Toro Rosso-Ferrari       1m38.161s  +1.484   19
    12. Kobayashi       Sauber-Ferrari           1m38.375s  +1.698   21
    13. de la Rosa      Sauber-Ferrari           1m38.421s  +1.744   19
    14. Hulkenberg      Williams-Cosworth        1m38.569s  +1.892   20
    15. di Resta        Force India-Mercedes     1m38.618s  +1.941   26
    16. Barrichello     Williams-Cosworth        1m38.678s  +2.001   17
    17. Buemi           Toro Rosso-Ferrari       1m39.939s  +3.262    5
    18. Trulli          Lotus-Cosworth           1m41.531s  +4.854   22
    19. Kovalainen      Lotus-Cosworth           1m41.779s  +5.102   23
    20. Glock           Virgin-Cosworth          1m41.830s  +5.153   20
    21. di Grassi       Virgin-Cosworth          1m42.181s  +5.504   27
    22. Senna           HRT-Cosworth             1m43.875s  +7.198   23
    23. Chandhok        HRT-Cosworth             1m43.949s  +7.272   20
    24. Alonso          Ferrari                  no time              6
    Here is the video of the Bizarre crash of Sebastian Buemi

Rosberg enjoying working with Schumacher
    Nico Rosberg says he has been surprised how good it has been to work alongside Michael Schumacher this year - after confessing that he was wary beforehand about what life would be like as his team-mate.

Horner: No need to change rules now
    Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner thinks there is now no need for the FIA to open up the suspension rules in Formula 1 following its recent clarification about ride-height control.

Toro Rosso investigating Buemi accident
    Scuderia Toro Rosso will wait until it has conducted a thorough examination into the cause of Sebastian Buemi's accident before deciding its next course of action at the Chinese Grand Prix.

Vettel plays down favourite status
    Sebastian Vettel has played down talk that he is the man to beat in Formula 1 after his strong start to the season - by insisting he is still in catch-up mode.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Upright failure caused Buemi's crash
    Sebastien Buemi's spectacular accident in practice for the Chinese Grand Prix was caused by the failure of the front right upright.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List