Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Your Experience of New Swift

Your Experience of New Swift -22666
    Its been 06 days that SWIFT has launched Suzuki 3S dealers claiming that hundreds of units are booked and so many sold on additional premium to here we are your views specially from those who drove or bought it.

Ye Sab Tumhara Karam Hai AAAQAAA K Baat Ab Tak Bani Hui Hai.
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas,Average Minds Discuss Events,Small Minds Discuss People.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by UsmanAnsari View Post
    i wish if they can sustain the quality... launch models are always better built, to attract the buyers... Cultus was launched back in 2000, i own one of those launch models and there is an obvious difference in the quality of cars which roll in routine productions rather than the initial launch! lets hope if Suzuki maintains the quality, stop playing dirty tricks like generating false demand by not properly opening the booking & demanding so much OWN for the car which hasn't hit the roads as yet!
    <INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data-->
    me too as i cannot afford a car now i noe this is going to be here for 10 more years mayb then i can afford one so i hope the quality remains gud

Suzuki Cars after 2004 are crap, in the Suzuki launch thread i mentiond my thing about the car. and also said sum things about the Cultus i saw standing next to it.

sitiing in Swift nd then in Cultus was like going a mehran from a City.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

doc
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Interior quality according to me is very poor.
    The plastic used looks of very cheap quality and the car overall just has a very plastic look inside it.
    Same old story as with the 2009 City.

The interior of the car does not feel cheap at all.
    w0i dO p3oPL3 TyP3 L1K3 tH15 , or should i say , Di5?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A sunroof and auto transmission and I MAY think about it then --- Till then, it's just another crappy suzuki...
    E. Saville

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ i think its a lil brigher then Citys interior plus i loved the black chrome finish on doors. City lacks lack the Citys interior dies widout those add ons.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    ^ i think its a lil brigher then Citys interior plus i loved the black chrome finish on doors. City lacks lack the Citys interior dies widout those add ons.
    I liked you review of the Swift. Good job. I'm shocked that individual buyers cannot buy this car. Or, am i reading your earlier reply wrong(re: corporate buyers etc.)?. I'm curious and want to know more.
    Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I drove the new swift last sunday and it was gr8. The ride quality is nice and it looks Awesome! Cant compare it to the Alto or the Cultus.........cant compare the price either. But guys other than the vitz which is an import, there are no other good small cars.
    I am selling my Alto to buy this car. Will inshallah get it booked this month and lets see when its delivered.
    I know about individual bookings being closed, lets see how i can get around it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
    I liked you review of the Swift. Good job. I'm shocked that individual buyers cannot buy this car. Or, am i reading your earlier reply wrong(re: corporate buyers etc.)?. I'm curious and want to know more.
    Yup you read it rite. its not avalible for indivisuals wid money. either companies either by it throu leasing amd pay off later. but giving premium is an easier option rather then all the paper work involved in leasing and then paying off wid interest.

This is jst to create a false demand, and as i earlier mentioned to help investors, if not premium the investors atleast get the comision varying (5 to 20k). To my knowledge this has been going around wid Pak Suzuki for atleast 4 years now. We booked a Cultus in 2006, altho didnt get it home because it was bot against Swifts launch then which was postponded ended up getting the Vitz. But that also was booked throu my uncles PR in the company.

2 months back bought a Suzuki Pick up that was booked on companies name well that car had to be used for the company so thats not a big issue.

An indivisual buyer has to pay the premium and take away the car.

Every day i pass by Toyota Defence motors and they have atleast 15 or more cars standing outside the showroom probaly all (xli Glis) getting dust and still the GLI delivry period is 2 months.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am not really critical of the price.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I think keeping in view the depreciation of Pak Rupee against the US Dollar and the depreciation of US Dollar against the other hard currencies of the world we are taking a double hit. So now one rupee can buy only one yen.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    The thing is that the quality is good or at least it seems to be. Every thing seems to be put together well on the SWIFT but there are a few things I still do not agree wid.<o:p></o:p>
    This car is not there in terms of the credentials to beat JDM Toyota Vitz. I personally think that Swift now should have been launched wid a 1200cc K series engine(currently being produced in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">India</st1:country-region> and <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Japan</st1:place></st1:country-region>) and there should have been an option of an auto trany.<o:p></o:p>
    Now the 1.2 K series engine comes coupled wid a CVT box and a manual one too.<o:p></o:p>
    Pak Suzuki in LIANA put vanity mirrors in both the sun visors and did not bother to put even on in SWIFT. No rear wiper. From experience I know that rear wiper is a must in hatch backs as they have a tendency of throwing dirt up on the rear screen. And ohhhhhhhhh that JVC Dual Stereo sucks big time.<o:p></o:p>
    There are some good things aswell.<o:p></o:p>
    1. Electronic Throttle<o:p></o:p>
    2. EBD I was expecting an ABS but was surprised to know that EBD was also there.(God only knows how will it work)<o:p></o:p>
    3. Fifteen inch Alloys wid Bridgestone 185 millimeter tyres which I am sure will be repalce by the General Tyres now known as Euro Star :-P soon coz of the Deletion Policy.<o:p></o:p>
    4. EPS<o:p></o:p>
    I haven’t seen one on the road as yet.<o:p></o:p>
    The policy of Pak Suzuki is strange. They are not booking the car in personal name of anyone. Only companies can get a car booked. And the ones available on the dealerships are available on Rs. 120,000 premium.<o:p></o:p>
    There is another thing aswell.<o:p></o:p>
    I have done a little research.<o:p></o:p>
    A same JDM Swift 2007 or may even a 2008, done about 20,000 Km will cost U landed in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Pakistan</st1:place></st1:country-region> around 1.1 Million. And it will have all the options, even the controls of the stereo on the steering wheel and a climate control system and obviously Auto transmission.

Check out the Following Link. And remember the Duties and freight will cast you around 450,000 on a 1.3 and a lil less on a 1.2.
    Suzuki Swift [ tradecarview ]
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the problem is, that I have a strong bias against that moniker

Your Experience of New Swift - modp 0912 01 osuzuki kizashi test drive challengelogo

I think the car is good but they'll have to get rid of the bad name and moniker.
    Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Yup you read it rite. its not avalible for indivisuals wid money. either companies either by it throu leasing amd pay off later. but giving premium is an easier option rather then all the paper work involved in leasing and then paying off wid interest.

This is jst to create a false demand, and as i earlier mentioned to help investors, if not premium the investors atleast get the comision varying (5 to 20k). To my knowledge this has been going around wid Pak Suzuki for atleast 4 years now. We booked a Cultus in 2006, altho didnt get it home because it was bot against Swifts launch then which was postponded ended up getting the Vitz. But that also was booked throu my uncles PR in the company.

2 months back bought a Suzuki Pick up that was booked on companies name well that car had to be used for the company so thats not a big issue.

An indivisual buyer has to pay the premium and take away the car.

Every day i pass by Toyota Defence motors and they have atleast 15 or more cars standing outside the showroom probaly all (xli Glis) getting dust and still the GLI delivry period is 2 months.
    . Ludicrous. Or, in simple English 'wtf?'. Thanks for your reply. The nearest Maruti "True Value" used car dealer to me has four Swifts in stock and will gladly let go of them for avg. RS3.75-RS4.25lacs (2006-2007 model year) with full certification. His peeve is that it is easier for new car dealers to move Swifts out the showroom than the used car dealers and that the boxy Wagon-R is the fastest mover among used Suzukis here.
    Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good car.... but vitz is vitz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

at first i thought the market of vitz is gone now

but now im again thinking
    (1)Austin of England, a35, 1958, 850cc,,, (2) Mercedes benz , w202, C - 180 ,,, (3) 2003 HONDA CITY,,,, (4) Triumph TRW 500cc, 1952,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

drive is good,interior, exterior is good but price tag is way to high ..price should be around 850k..final.
    Ferguson keeps himself young and needs football to stay young and football needs him

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
    . Ludicrous. Or, in simple English 'wtf?'. Thanks for your reply. The nearest Maruti "True Value" used car dealer to me has four Swifts in stock and will gladly let go of them for avg. RS3.75-RS4.25lacs (2006-2007 model year) with full certification. His peeve is that it is easier for new car dealers to move Swifts out the showroom than the used car dealers and that the boxy Wagon-R is the fastest mover among used Suzukis here.
    actualy in our part of the world people are more status and brand and resale consious, rather then going for there needs, and there pockets.

Altho PakSuzuki was the first company in Pakistan to offer imobilizer systems and EBD wid abs (i noe abs was offered by Honda but EBD was introduced in Liana before Civic nd then Corolla brot BA (brake assist)) which is rather as important as a airbag too due to increasing car theft.

But i dont think any body in our country cares about airbags if u ask some one there like.

""18lack ki Civic mei hee haina us se sasti kaunsi gari mei hain?? ""

i dunt remembr exactly but i read some where on Pakwheels that WagonR has been the best seller in Japan.

Altho the MAruti Suzuki has crossed the Japan Suzuki mark too but still jst stats.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

would have been a big hit if it came with lower price and came about 4-5 years earlier.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@doc, theres a heck of a difference between swift and the corolla, just have a look at corolla's interior and compare it to this, theres no comparison, inside out xli is for 12.50 i gas better go for xli instead, its now available in metallic colours

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I sold my 2006 Vitz last week and bought Swift yesterday. Swift is just awesome with its M13A engine. The first gear touched 70 before the fuel cut off and the second went beyond 100. Drive is way better than swift in all respects.
    Contrary to general belief Swift does not share Liana engine. It has M13A. Liana has M13. This engine is used in Jimmy for several yers and proven to be an excellent choice.
    Another plus that goes in Swift's favor is the availability of local parts and services. And its not a used car either. I had had a hard time when my Vitz O2 sensor went bad. It cost me a leg and an arm in purchasing it from Khi at Rs.15K. So folks dont ignore the downside of Vitz besides its clear draw backs in terms of under power, noisy engine and CVT transmission that just refuses to allow a bit of drag.
    Swift is definitely in and we should welcome it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^pics please.... nd also wat did u had to pay to buy it from home to ur your garage

make a seperate thread for ur new car so every body can notice it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tranny
    Congrats for the new car. Post some pics. And what did you paid for it?
    Secondly it has same engine as of LIANA. There is no engine known as M13. And suzuki employees are lying. The swift has 100% same engine as of Liana. Only the exhaust is different if you look under the hood. M13A has only two version
    1. With VVT
    2. Without VVT
    Here both the cars, Swift and Liana are without VVT.
    Digitalphotofreaks.com
    The Photography Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List