Championship Calendar
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022544

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022545

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022546

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022547

Previous Seasons's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

ATDHEnet.tv (Link Updated as pointed by @UK)

Live Timing

World Championships Standings after (Season Finale) Brazilian GP
    Code:
    World Championships Standings
    Drivers:                    Constructors:             
     1.  Vettel       392        1.  Red Bull-Renault          650
     2.  Button       270        2.  McLaren-Mercedes          497
     3.  Webber       258        3.  Ferrari                   375
     4.  Alonso       257        4.  Mercedes                  165
     5.  Hamilton     227        5.  Renault                    73
     6.  Massa        118        6.  Force India-Mercedes       69
     7.  Rosberg       89        7.  Sauber-Ferrari             44
     8.  Schumacher    76        8.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         41
     9.  Sutil         42        9.  Williams-Cosworth           5
    10.  Petrov        37       
    11.  Heidfeld      34       
    12.  Kobayashi     30       
    13.  Di Resta      27       
    14.  Alguersuari   26       
    15.  Buemi         15       
    16.  Perez         14       
    17.  Barrichello    4       
    18.  Senna          2       
    19.  Maldonado      1        
    F1 2011 World Driver's Champion
    Sebastian Vettel
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -309864

This Image was posted by @Born2Race with request that it should be posted in the first post after Japanese GP when Vettel secures the title, I promised that it will be at the end of Season on the first post. So here it is fulfilling my promise.

Enjoy Posting

M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Williams plans RBR-like exhaust system<!-- end title -->
    Williams is planning to introduce its own version of the Red Bull Racing-type exhaust system for the Chinese Grand Prix.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Petrov gets big Rankings rise<!-- end title -->
    Vitaly Petrov was the big climber in the Castrol EDGE Rankings this week as his Formula 1 maiden podium finish gained him 10 places.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Lotus adamant it will show progress<!-- end title -->
    Lotus technical chief Mike Gascoyne believes his team will be able to prove it has made a step forward in form this year, despite a disappointing Australian Grand Prix.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Alonso: Australia was no disaster<!-- end title -->
    Fernando Alonso says there was nothing "disastrous" about Ferrari's performance at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Pirelli considers tweaking markings<!-- end title -->
    Pirelli is considering a tweak to its tyre marking system after difficulties distinguishing the colours over the Australian Grand Prix weekend.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Sauber targets Spain for new diffuser<!-- end title -->
    Sauber expects to have its 2011-style exhaust blown diffuser system ready in time for the Spanish Grand Prix, as it looks to build on the promising pace of its new C30.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Brawn blames set-up for poor weekend<!-- end title -->
    Ross Brawn has blamed Mercedes GP's disappointing performance in the Australian Grand Prix on the inconsistent handling of its car.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Renault confident of more podiums<!-- end title -->
    Renault believes it can deliver another podium-finishing performance in the Malaysian Grand Prix, after Vitaly Petrov's encouraging result in Australia.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Sauber will not appeal race exclusion<!-- end title -->
    The Sauber team has decided not to go ahead with its appeal against the decision to be excluded from the Australian Grand Prix.

And Now something for Raikkonen Fans i.e. Blackeye117 and m_waqas
    <!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Raikkonen to compete in NASCAR<!-- end title -->
    Former Formula 1 world champion Kimi Raikkonen will make a surprising move to NASCAR this year, the Finn joining the series with a new team.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And Now something for Raikkonen Fans i.e. Blackeye117 and m_waqas
    Raikkonen to compete in NASCAR
    thanks steve... and now time for some spiel from my side..

first of all i really didn't believe the kind of things kimi said, for e.g "I'm really looking forward to get there to familiarise to the world of NASCAR".. and another"I have been following it for a long time. I know, it's a very tough and open, top racing series. I just love the American spirit of racing. It feels just great to get involved with that. Obviously, it will be very challenging and great fun for me"...

thats not kimi .. i mean, to be honest i can't believe kimi showed this much interest in NASCARS.. not that he might not be really interested, well he could be dying for NASCARS but thats not how kimi shows his affection, so to say, for anything in particular... that just doesn't seem to be the kimi we know.. he loves the american spirit ?? i doubt it ..

secondly, the name of the team 'ICE1 Racing team' also seem a bit odd considering kimi's aversion to media gimmick and his natural proclivity of staying clear of any attention-catching news items,.. cause we feel he isn't much interested in opening his mouth (read unnecessarily opening his mouth) and venting his plans openly like this... and as we know, the word ICE is a trademark of sort of kimi, which reflects calmness of his demeanor ... so in that sense, its unlike kimi to use such conspicuous piece of a word for his promotion this blatanly ...

i believe he's being forced to make such comments or these are being commented on his behalf.... and if he's forcing himself in to NASCARS then i doubt he'll be happy and successful there..

so what kimi really needs is just to comeback in F1 and forget about everything else,... no precarious rallies, no boring head-spinning NASCARS, just speed racing in F1...

phew!!.. don't knw what enticed me or how i wrote this much of a rubbish .. absolutely useless rant ...

BBC intro for 2011 season..

courtesy Sladex

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BBC Sport - Just how fast is the Red Bull?
    McLaren reckon their simulation says there is one second per lap of potential in the trick exhaust it abandoned prior to Australia, if only it can be made to function properly.
    thats scary.. i mean good for HAM and Hulk but i hope thats not gonna happen..

Nicole Sherzinger jets to Australia to support Lewis Hamilton in the Grand Prix? | Mr Paparazzi

check out the link, she is super awesome...hooooottttttttttt.....
    ... u keeping an eye on your bhabi ?? she's HAM's gf bro... acha tell me, who would u choose between Nicole and HAM ??

good.. green would do.. thats gonna be first positive step by Pirelli...

Hamilton warns Red Bull: We're right on your tail

Lewis Hamilton has warned Red Bull to be on their guard as he believes McLaren's Australian Grand Prix performance proves they will soon be right with the champion team.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up speical thanks!!..

i really want to thanks them and i appreciate their dedication and efforts in making the season opener a success.. keep it up ladies..

i m impressed -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - icon6 ..

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -220940
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -220941

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lewis Hamilton: Fernando Alonso is my Alain Prost
    Lewis Hamilton has called Fernando Alonso his "nemesis", saying that the Spaniard is the Alain Prost to his Ayrton Senna.

@m_waqas
    Well Kimi is going to NASCAR that is for certain, as for your objection about his team name well does not you know that his WRC team name is also ICE 1 Racing.

As for making a comeback in F1, he has to do 2 things one drop his ridiculous high salary to smaller value and second take a seat at HRT and prove that he has the speed plus bring sponsors. Otherwise just start his own team ICE 1 F1 team.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

BBC Sport - Just how fast is the Red Bull?
    McLaren reckon their simulation says there is one second per lap of potential in the trick exhaust it abandoned prior to Australia, if only it can be made to function properly.

thats scary.. i mean good for HAM and Hulk but i hope thats not gonna happen..
    LOL! ain`t gonna happen buddy. They had so many issues with that exhaust system, it was not going to work, was heating up so many body parts and with no inseason testing allowed they had to abandon it. They can claim it had one second or 10 seconds, makes no difference.

Personal opinion: Ferrari never got on top of their tire issues in Australia. Looks like a one off, with the circuit and cold temp. Might happen again at some tracks with low track temp, hard to tell. But Mclaren was made to look better because of that. That's where roughly Mclaren was expected to be, about 8/10ths to 1.2 seconds behind Red Bull. They probably clawed about .3-.4 back. Time will tell, but give them, Ferrari, 2-3 races. F1 is a fickle world

As for making a comeback in F1, he has to do 2 things one drop his ridiculous high salary to smaller value and second take a seat at HRT and prove that he has the speed plus bring sponsors
    ROFL!! Steve Steve Steve! Why don`t you come out and say what you mean exactly rather then say it in a round about manner

BBC intro for 2011 season..
    Nice as always<label for="rb_iconid_14">-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - icon14 </label> Eddie Jordan, lol

Well Paula have every right to call her child whatever she thinks he is but just to be certain she is his mother so she should be more carefull. As for manhandled, I have to say one thing Steve is not an easy nut that would crack because of such stuff. I could assure you that Paula even don't tell Steve about the new born either. I think Steve is not responsible for this.
    Okay thanks for clearing that up. Eddie and I should not refer to Paula as bhabi then, right? What if Paula asks for a paternity test?
    Come back, Luca Badoer, all is forgiven.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u keeping an eye on your bhabi ?? she's HAM's gf bro... acha tell me, who would u choose between Nicole and HAM ???

Hamilton for sure. hamilton all the way. and the pair looks awsome together.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    I assume you want to hear the following words from my side so here they are:
    Kimi have lost it, he is not needed by any team in F1 because of his high salary and his not giving a damn attitude. Kimi was a talent until he remains in F1 as soon as he goes to WRC he lost it altogether because WRC is a totally different type of motorsports then F1. WRC is all about precision and not going for fastest laps.

When he goes to NASCAR, he has to learn somethings to talk in American media because his not giving a damn attitude would not work there. The following lines are taken from PlanetF1 topic about Kimi going to NASCAR, so all the credit goes to the poster of these lines:
    You have to do lots of name-dropping to keep the sponsors happy. Kimi needs to practice saying things like: I'd like to thank the number 75 Wal-Mart/Snap-On Tools/Diet Fanta Root Beer Toyota Camry and everyone at Ice One Racing, Goodyear Tires, the France Family and my ex-girlfriend from the 3rd grade."

Oh, and you can never ever refer to a competitor by name in NASCAR. Big time no-no. You have to be able to say stuff like: "Well, we were running pretty tight with the 16 until the 42 decided to bump draft us and get us a little sideways with the 30. And then the 32 got into the 94 and that sent the 44 into the wall in turn 4. And that's when the 27 got into our rear end."
    @m_waqas and Blackeye117
    Just look how Kimi's reaction changed in last one and a half year.
    “I do what I want with my life. I could race there (in NASCAR) if I wanted – but I'm not one of the biggest fan of NASCAR.”
    Kimi Raikkonen: I could race in NASCAR... | F1 News | Oct 2009 | Crash.Net

Now this from Autosport article that I posted previously:
    "I’m really looking forward to get there to familiarize to the world of NASCAR. I have been following it for a long time. I know, it’s a very tough and open top racing series. I just love the American spirit of racing. It feels just great to get involved with that."
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice as always<label for="rb_iconid_14">-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - icon14 </label>Eddie Jordan, lol
    lolz.. yeah, he tried hard to sound a tad intelligent ..

Hamilton for sure. hamilton all the way. and the pair looks awsome together.
    tch tch.. (as steve puts it) i m really disappointed with your choice ... but to each his own .. good for u ...

@steve..
    ditto.. thats what my subliminal idea was.. that kimi is not being himself with these comments, its not in kimi's genes (no not pepe jeans ) to be so out-spoken, desperate and friendly , he doesn't give a damn ... and that PF1 guy pretty much summed the prerequisite for NASCAR very well, which obviously and fortunately kimi lacks.. so i think still the best chance kimi has is in F1..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A closer look at the pace of the F1 cars post Melbourne

Over the winter we were told by teams and drivers that it was very hard to guess what the pecking order was simply from looking at testing.

With so many variables like the DRS wing, KERS and fuel loads, establishing a clear picture was difficult during the four official tests.

On top of that the McLaren car which turned up in Melbourne at the weekend was so utterly transformed, performance wise, from the one which stuttered through testing that it was unrecognisable.

A deep dive into the race strategies in Melbourne

Making the right decisions at the right time is crucial to success in F1. The race unfolds in a blur and it is very easy to make a bad decision.

As we saw in Abu Dhabi last year a bad strategy call can cost a world championship and with so many new variables this season, the opening round of the 2011 World Championship, the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne was something of an experiment for all the teams in terms of race strategy, with the tyres being the dominant factor. We had no safety car this year in Melbourne, another important influencer on strategy.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default F1 pray for Japan...

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -221203

what are they saying ??

courtesy Sladex

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Adrenaline!!..

Australian GP in 90 seconds

sadly UK as u can see it doesn't contain that momentous pass of VET over BUT ... its kind of funny that whoever edited this vdo didn't consider that over-taking move worthy enough to be included in this film .. u 'll have to wait a lil longer i m afraid,.. its strange cause that overtaking move was performed by the winner of this race and should have been included in this summary ...

Good weekend, bad weekend

The Australian GP was a GOOD weekend for...

Pirelli
    Sergio Perez
    Vitaly Petrov

But the Australian GP was a BAD weekend for...

Anyone still hoping Red Bull wasn't that good after all
    Williams
    People who thought 2011 would be better (Mark Webber. Felipe Massa. Merce

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Karthikeyan confident for Sepang<!-- end title -->
    Narain Karthikeyan is confident his Hispania team will be able to qualify in the Malaysian Grand Prix next week.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Hamilton: Red Bull will need KERS<!-- end title -->
    Lewis Hamilton believes Red Bull Racing cannot afford to continue without KERS for much longer if it expects to stay ahead of his McLaren team.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Glock worried about Virgin's form<!-- end title -->
    Timo Glock believes Virgin Racing risks failing to qualify for forthcoming grand prix events this year unless significant improvements are made to the performance of their cars.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Glock says fitness no issue for Sepang<!-- end title -->
    Virgin Racing's Timo Glock is unconcerned that the recent surgical operation to remove his appendix could harm his preparation ahead of the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Boullier admits to Petrov gamble
    Renault team principal Eric Boullier has said he took a risk in retaining Vitaly Petrov for this season, and that he "would have had no excuses" if the decision didn't pay off.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why Red Bull needs more than the fastest car

As the Australian GP showed, Red Bull has the quickest car, by some margin. But, as Jonathan Noble explains, the team will need much more than that to win the titles this year.

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - space
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 1301496498

If you are a top-line grand prix driver, being given a car like the Red Bull Racing RB7 must be an absolute dream. No wonder Sebastian Vettel walks around the paddock with a huge smile on his face all the time.

Adrian Newey and his design team have done it again – and, after what we saw in Albert Park, there will be a lot of head scratching up and down the pitlane from rival teams as they bid to close down the performance gap that the reigning champions have at the moment.

Yet despite the explosive speed produced by Vettel and Red Bull at the weekend – his scintillating performance in qualifying and those blindingly fast laps in the opening stages of the race as he opened up his advantage over Lewis Hamilton – even Newey and his crew cannot quite sit back and think it is job done just yet.

In terms of the things it can influence directly, things are bubbling along quite sweetly. Newey's car has every point of downforce the RB6 had, and its pioneering use of the 2011-style blown diffuser has paid off so far.

The chief concern at the moment appears to be KERS, with the team opting to turn it off at the Australian Grand Prix because of reliability worries. While that did not hurt the team in Australia, with relatively short straights and only a brief blast to the first corner, things may well be different in the next races in Malaysia and China if it cannot get its system up and running. Paddock whispers also suggest it is not getting as much laptime out of its KERS as other teams...

<table style="margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 10px;" class="pictable" width="275" align="left" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="5"> <tbody> <tr> <td>-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 1301496553 The start of the race © sutton-images.com
    </td></tr></tbody></table> Yet whether we have seen the true potential of the RB7 yet (ignoring the KERS factory) is a matter of debate. Rubens Barrichello is a man who knows a thing or two about having a dominant car – with experience of that at both Ferrari and Brawn GP. He knows that you never really want to show your full hand at first.

"I've been in a situation where the Ferrari was in a different league. It was a very safe one – it was great," he smiles. "We even had times when we had fuel on board just to qualify, because you didn't want to show the true pace…"

The fact Vettel used his second set of soft tyres in qualifying perhaps pointed to the fact that Red Bull Racing was pushing to its limits – and it may well be that the car, like its predecessor, is comfortably clear of the opposition over a single lap.

Yet, it may be just as true that, as happened quite often last year, the Red Bull car is not able to use the advantage it has come race day. For while Vettel was able to eek out a gap in the first few laps of the race, Hamilton was able to close him down throughout the first stint – and crucially was able to make his tyres last slightly longer.

Of more significance, perhaps, was that the length of that first stint meant Vettel was shuffled back into the pack – and only a decisive overtaking move past Button ensured he kept up his advantage over Hamilton.

But what Hamilton was ultimately capable of, as the tactics played out during the course of the event, we will not know – because his floor got damaged. This will have cost him downforce – robbing him of laptime plus, more crucially, meant his car was harder on its tyres.

That is why he could not go the extra distance beyond Vettel again, which in turn would have helped him hold the cards with a tyre advantage on the final set of rubber to the chequered flag. Without that fresher rubber boost, the difference between Vettel and Hamilton was not too big - and the German was able to comfortably maintain his gap at the front.

<table class="pictable" width="275" align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="5"> <tbody> <tr> <td>-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 1301496594 Lewis Hamilton © sutton-images.com
    </td></tr></tbody></table> This tyre factor could well be crucial when we go to races with higher degradation - like the next event in Malaysia. For even if the Red Bull is quicker on a single lap, if it cannot use that speed advantage in the race, and so gets dumped into costly traffic early on each time, then things could get very interesting.

Barrichello thinks that there is so much new this year, that the days like he had at Ferrari – when a quick car would be at the front of the field and just tear off into the distance on super-consistent tyres, are over.

"If there is anything that is going to happen like that, it is this year," he said. "There are new tyres, new rules, new wings, new KERS, and plenty more pit stops, so a lot of things can happen. If everything went to plan Sebastian should have won the championship mid-year last year and he didn't.

"Yet you cannot be too pessimistic. Things can happen, but right now it is almost like the others could sit down and cry because of that speed. I think F1 is good for that. I am sure the other teams will be talking about this and that they don't have that, but the fact is Red Bull were more clever than most of the others and they just have a better car."

Looking at all we've seen from Melbourne, it looks game on for the championship. Yes, the RB7 is a wonderfully fast car – and its 17 km/h advantage over Hamilton through Turn 11 tells you all you need to know about the relative downforce of the two cars.
    But, being fastest may not necessarily be the best in 2011. It's a factor that may well bring some headaches to Red Bull, but it's great news for fans.

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - 1301496742
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - space

Source: Autosport

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hamiltons damaged floor
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -221210
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Super Visor - Formula One helmets become even safer
    Zylon visor strip makes the super-tough helmet tougher still
    <!-- ArticleBodyStart -->Black, mean and no-nonsense - the helmet pictured here is the zenith of driver head protection. A mere 1,200 gram carbon-fibre shell that can withstand the crushing force of a 55-tonne tank without deforming, and an 800 degree Celsius fire for 30 seconds without its interior rising above 70 degrees Celsius. This FIA-prescribed 8860 racing helmet reached such a peak after years of research and development led by the FIA Institute and leading helmet manufacturers.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Montoya would welcome Raikkonen<!-- end title -->
    Juan Pablo Montoya says it would be good news for the sport if his former McLaren team-mate Kimi Raikkonen moves to NASCAR.

I am pretty sure the welcome would be something like this:
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sauber hails 'outstanding' Perez<!-- end title -->
    Sauber team boss Peter Sauber has hailed Sergio Perez's performance in the Australian Grand Prix as "outstanding".

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Lotus in demo run in Putrajaya<!-- end title -->
    Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen will be in Putrajaya in Sepang this Saturday to participate in a street demonstration organised by Team Lotus.

<!-- Begin Main Box--><!-- title -->Fernandes receives his CBE<!-- end title -->
    Team Lotus Principal Tony Fernandes has been awarded a CBE in London today by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

@UK
    You were concerned about Why Hamilton don't penalised or disqualified in Australian GP, well here is the answer from FIA's post race scrutineering report:
    Car numbers 01, 02, 04, 05, 06, 10, 16, 17 and 18 were checked for the following:
    1) Bodywork around the front wheels
    2) Front wing height and overhang
    3) Rear wing height and overhang
    4) Front and rear wing width
    5) Rear wing configuration
    6) Rear bodywork area
    7) Rear winglet height
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - icon cool Skidblock thickness
    9) Stepped bottom
    10) Diffuser height
    11) Diffuser area
    12) Overall height
    13) Overall width

Funny he was the only one of the top 6 whose car was not scrutineered after the race, I wonder why???
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is Hispania`s place in Formula 1?
    At last weekend’s Australian Grand Prix, Hispania Racing’s Narain Kartikeyan and Tonio Liuzzi became the first drivers to not qualify for a Formula 1 Grand Prix for almost a decade. There’s no shame in that; Niki Lauda and Nelson Piquet once failed to qualify for a race, in the days when there were far more teams than places on the grid.

Brawn keen to unlock W02 potential before Europe
    Ross Brawn says Mercedes’ priority is to get the existing package of parts on the W02 working in harmony, rather than looking ahead to what performance steps the next scheduled developments can bring, in order to get the best out of the car as soon as possible.

For Paula and Eddie only. The great man will make his debut in trucks.

Raikkonen set for May debut in Trucks
    Former Formula 1 world champion Kimi Raikkonen will make his NASCAR Camping World Truck series debut at the Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 20.

@genius83

That is quite surprising, what you have posted. I thought all the cars that finish in the points are checked, plus a couple of random ones. He, Hamilton, might have gotten away with it given he had a damaged car, but why wasn't that car checked

sadly UK as u can see it doesn't contain that momentous pass of VET over BUT
    Maybe that guy is like us? and thinks, the pass, couldn't be real and feels his eyes must have deceived him That`s the only logical explanation.

Edit
    What Vettel's pass on Button meant to me.

Surfing through channels, i came across Star Sports at 2:30 am with their pre-race show. Thought i `d brave it and watch Vettel's pass.
    In the course of those 15-16 laps I discovered so many things, all thanks to Steve Slatter.

- Alguersuari pittted at the end of lap one to get the car checked and put on new ties, having hit Schumacher. According to Steve Slatter, "this could be a very innovative strategy by the Toro Rosso team pitting their driver so early. If he can look after his tires and make them last he will be able to gain positions when others pit"
    According to him, all this could be new for this year because of Pirelli tires.

So, whilst everyone-including Pirelli people were talking about two and three stops in Australia, Steve Slatter was telling people how Toro Rosso was going last it's tires for the remaining 57 laps!

- Showing the restart from the helicopter camera, he warned us, " let's keep an eye on both Ferraris as they were the biggest losers at the start"
    Both Ferraris? Did Massa not make it to 4th-5th from 8th on the grid, or was i watching some other race How did both lose out?

- Nick Heildfeld drives for Sauber, not for Renault.

- Button who took to the escape route, cutting the chicane much like Bernie's idea when he went wheel to wheel with Massa, Steve Slatter informed us, " wow great pass by Button as he pushes the Ferrari almost off track" It was infact Massa taking the normal route around the track, not being pushed wide or off track.

Later, about 2-3 laps after it happened, talking about the incident and a possible penalty or Button having to give up the place he said " I say, this is racing, deal with it guys" He was suggesting, it was perfectly normal what Button had done, it's racing

- Webber was on the radio saying his rear tires were gone. Mr Slatter informed us, Webber's rear tires have over heated.

Now a small thing, Pirellis don`t over heat, that`s the thing about them. Teams and drivers have been talking about it all through pre-season testing. These tires just wear off. Unlike Bridgestone, where some drivers could keep them just below the temperature which made them over heat, making the tires last longer, Pirelli wear off and the drop off is like falling off a cliff.

Where was this guy when all the teams, drivers and people covering testing talked about it?

- Alonso pitted and put on another set of softs to which he said in utter surprise, " Alonso is in the pits again and Ferrari have opted for soft tires meaning he will have to pit again"

No kidding genius! No pun intended And what did he mean by " in the pits again" It was his first stop.

There might have been a few more but those are the ones that i could remember.

My question is, how much does he get paid by Starsports if at all?

And why would you guys watch that coverage when you can find the BBC feed online if there is no Super sports.

Button and Massa were wheel to wheel going into turn 3 and he announced, "let's savor this moment as we go for a short commercial break"

Vettel came in for his first pitstop and he said, " we will bring you this pitstop later as we go for a short commercial break"

Granted we like our Steve, but is that a reason to watch this lunatic and listen to his rant?

And yes, Vettel's pass was the stuff of legends I am so glad i watched it, be it at 3 am or after it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@UK
    I have to say this is Classic Steve Slater:
    Button and Massa were wheel to wheel going into turn 3 and he announced, "let's savor this moment as we go for a short commercial break"

Vettel came in for his first pitstop and he said, " we will bring you this pitstop later as we go for a short commercial break"
    As for your question why we watch this lunatic and not goes for Internet Feed, well with the level of loadshedding it is possible to still watch the race on StarSports with the help of UPS as the PC don't have the UPS connection as in summer you mostly need fans to work rather then to use PC.

Are you sure Steve Slater is getting any salary, I am not because for me he is doing what Meera have done with Mahesh Bhatt to get the film that is she finance the film with her own money. The same could be happening with Steve too.

Steve Slater was with Paula when testing was happening and you know the result.

So now Vettel is a Legend.

Just for your bravery here is a -Formula 1 - Season 2011 - icon14 for that.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List