Championship Calendar
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022544

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022545

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022546

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -1022547

Previous Seasons's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites

Live Streaming

ATDHEnet.tv (Link Updated as pointed by @UK)

Live Timing

World Championships Standings after (Season Finale) Brazilian GP
    Code:
    World Championships Standings
    Drivers:                    Constructors:             
     1.  Vettel       392        1.  Red Bull-Renault          650
     2.  Button       270        2.  McLaren-Mercedes          497
     3.  Webber       258        3.  Ferrari                   375
     4.  Alonso       257        4.  Mercedes                  165
     5.  Hamilton     227        5.  Renault                    73
     6.  Massa        118        6.  Force India-Mercedes       69
     7.  Rosberg       89        7.  Sauber-Ferrari             44
     8.  Schumacher    76        8.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         41
     9.  Sutil         42        9.  Williams-Cosworth           5
    10.  Petrov        37       
    11.  Heidfeld      34       
    12.  Kobayashi     30       
    13.  Di Resta      27       
    14.  Alguersuari   26       
    15.  Buemi         15       
    16.  Perez         14       
    17.  Barrichello    4       
    18.  Senna          2       
    19.  Maldonado      1        
    F1 2011 World Driver's Champion
    Sebastian Vettel
    -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -309864

This Image was posted by @Born2Race with request that it should be posted in the first post after Japanese GP when Vettel secures the title, I promised that it will be at the end of Season on the first post. So here it is fulfilling my promise.

Enjoy Posting

M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont think RBR should have told Web to maintain the gap. That was wrong.
    I know they were scared of both cars coming togather but drivers should be trusted and allowed to race.
    But i dont think Web would listen to team radio anyway.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -266988
    courtesy Sladex

Quote Originally Posted by genius83 View Post
    @m_waqas
    No, I don't owe you anything because I have already sent you enough when you have not watch races that this time your watching should be passed with out anything.
    oh come on.. i think whatever u sent me earlier was all MotoGp 'stuff'.. now this is different, u promised ... anyway plz send me something if u haven't run out of them already ...

@aref..
    sorry buddy, didn't get your previous post about Top Gear.. has new TG season already started ??... would love to see VET in the TG.. give me the torrent link if u have it...

i remember TG was also shot in Monaco during F1 race there this year.. would like to see that episode too...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for Eddie, UK and NashTrooper ...

sadly only UK can understand the pushto spoken in the video ... i think this was after the race..

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 -266994 -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -266995 -Formula 1 - Season 2011 -266996
    courtesy Sladex

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    @aref..
    sorry buddy, didn't get your previous post about Top Gear.. has new TG season already started ??... would love to see VET in the TG.. give me the torrent link if u have it...

i remember TG was also shot in Monaco during F1 race there this year.. would like to see that episode too...
    Yeah it started 2 weeks ago. Vettel episode will be aired tonight on BBC. I watch it on BBC, don't download it. Monaco episode was aired last week.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aref View Post
    I dont think RBR should have told Web to maintain the gap. That was wrong.
    I know they were scared of both cars coming togather but drivers should be trusted and allowed to race.
    But i dont think Web would listen to team radio anyway.
    hmm.. when did that happen ?? must be during the last 8 laps that i missed .. u are right but they wanted to make sure that second and third positions are not compromised, which isn't bad at all to be honest..

just a thought, do u think RBR would have told to maintain the gap had VET was behind WEB ??.. i know its a needless question and i don't wanna start any altercation here.. it didn't happen so we don't know and we don't need to argue over something whichs not happened ... just your honest thought / opinion ??... i think RBR wouldn't have stopped VET if WEB was in his 'range' ....

Quote Originally Posted by aref View Post
    Yeah it started 2 weeks ago. Vettel episode will be aired tonight on BBC. I watch it on BBC, don't download it. Monaco episode was aired last week.
    ah damn,.. missed it.. alright, can anyone arrange torrents for this season ?? Hulk, Eddie ??..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by m_waqas View Post
    hmm.. when did that happen ?? must be during the last 8 laps that i missed .. u are right but they wanted to make sure that second and third positions are not compromised, which isn't bad at all to be honest..

just a thought, do u think RBR would have told to maintain the gap had VET was behind WEB ??.. i know its a needless question and i don't wanna start any altercation here.. it didn't happen so we don't know and we don't need to argue over it because it did not happen ... just your honest thought / opinion ??... i think RBR wouldn't have stopped VET if WEB was in his 'range' ....
    It happened in the very last lap. WEB was chasing VET and MAS was chasing HAM.
    Web suddenly started to attack to take 2nd podium and VET went super defensive. That's when, I think it was Christian Horner, told WEB to maintain the gap. I am pretty sure it was more like, 'don't freakin wreck your cars at the end of the freakin race', than anything else. VET already have such huge points lead that even if WEB had overtaken, the RBR bosses would have been fine with VET's 3rd finish. One 3rd podium wouldn't as such hurt VET. Had WEB tried to overtake bit early, no one would have said anything. Its a nightmare for teams when their drivers come together. And that happening in the last lap would have hurt so bad. And in fact, VET didn't lose his position. He started 2nd, finished 2nd. WEB lost 2 places.

Considering the last lap scenario and VET's lead in championship points, in my view, I am pretty sure Christian Horner would have ordered VET too, to maintain the gap, had it been him behind WEB. That's what I think.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Horner said he did not expect Webber to have acted in such a way and made it clear that he was unhappy the Australian had risked costing the team valuable points.

"I can understand Mark's frustration in that, but had it been the other way around it would have been exactly the same."
    Horner said the team decided for its drivers to hold position around four laps from the end of the race and that it was based purely on the team avoiding the possibility of seeing its drivers collide near the end of the event while in a strong position.

Surprised Horner defends team orders - Yahoo! Eurosport

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Life Begins At The End Of Your Comfort Zone - Neale Donald Walsch -

10. 11-07-2011, 02:34 AM

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

\/ettel was awesome on TG track.
    He is a great guy all round.
    True champion.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

best race ka best climax. above awl good to see Ferrari on 1st afta soo long ... buh hated the webber backing awf..... cz when it comes to mclaren things r always oda way round... if webber had the faster car at dat moment den they shld hav left him to do wht he wants to do. vettel itna hii acha tha tu defend krta khud se.. it wz unfair to see him live under vettel's shadow.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alguersuari laments lack of top speed
    Jaime Alguersuari said his car's lack of top speed cost him at least two places at the British Grand Prix on Sunday.

Williams says poor wet pace cost it better British Grand Prix result
    Williams felt it was quick enough in the dry to get a good result in the British Grand Prix, but felt it lost too much time in the wet part of the race to recover into the points.

Schumacher says fourth place was possible at Silverstone
    Michael Schumacher was unhappy about his mistake during the British GP, something he reckons cost him a possible fourth-place finish.

Ferrari boss Stefano Domenicali thinks agreement will be reached in exhaust row
    Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali is optimistic that a settlement will be achieved in the row over off-throttle exhaust blowing that has dominated the British Grand Prix weekend.

Ricciardo pleased to make it to the end of the British Grand Prix
    Daniel Ricciardo declared himself pleased to have made it to the end of his first Formula 1 race at Silverstone on Sunday.

Formula teams reach agreement over blown diffuser row
    Formula 1's row over the off-throttle use of blown diffusers is now at an end, after Ferrari and Sauber agreed to join other teams in backing plans to ditch the ban on the concept.

Massa relaxed about wheel-banging battle with Hamilton
    Felipe Massa says he has no complaints about his battle with Lewis Hamilton on the final lap of the British Grand Prix.

Perez sure to get stronger from now on after points finish in Britain
    Sergio Perez is adamant he will be even stronger in the German Grand Prix after scoring his first points since his Monaco crash at Silverstone.

Paul di Resta still positive about British GP weekend despite race incidents
    Paul di Resta says he will still take great encouragement from his British Grand Prix even though his race went awry after a superb qualifying result.

McLaren, Sauber fined for pit incidents
    The McLaren and Sauber teams have been fined for the unsafe releases of Jenson Button and Kamui Kobayashi during pitstops in the British Grand Prix.

Surprised Horner says team orders was the right decision
    Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner plans to sit down with Mark Webber behind closed doors to discuss his actions at the British Grand Prix, after expressing 'surprise' that the Australian ignored team orders at the end of the race.

@m_waqas
    To be honest with you, I have not been able to watch a single lap of the race thanks to KESC and I have only sees Alonso taking chequered flag because loadshedding ended at that very moment. Plus, my PC is giving me a serious headache because of this loadshedding first my new only a month old 500GB hard disk got busted because of loadshedding and now my PC is showing signs of overheating.

So, I have no material for you to give at the moment.

As for your scenario, If Vettel would be on the tail of Webber we may very well have a different type of message to the same driver that is "Webber, Vettel is faster then you", but as team orders are legal this year I don't this would be controversial by any means. RedBull have to made sure that Vettel's lead remains in higher zone and just relying on 3rd when Alonso is closing the gap by winning the race on a track which was supposed to be RedBull's is certainly not possible because it means that on tracks where Ferrari will be good it could become a big problem also taking into account any mishap including any type of mechanical failure or crashing out of the race is still a possibility.

Yes, I know that we don't know what happens in the future but still they have to plan in advance for any possible scenario.

@aref
    As I said above if it was the other way around, the message would be different but would be given to the same driver.

@koki2010
    There was nothing unfair about what happened in the race or for that matter in the whole season up until now. Webber living in the shadow of Vettel is now a reality that one cannot deny because Vettel is now a World Champion and Webber have to play the second driver role whether he likes it or not. Yes it would be unfair if they have done this last year when they both were on equal terms but now the situation is changed.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Next race= fernando is faster then you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Considering Vettel was so far ahead of Webber before the pitstop after which Vettel lost the lead, I would say it was also unfair to Vettel. He beat Mark on the track at the start of the race and then build a gap, whearas Webber failed to contain Alonso and Hamilton behind him. However due to that shambolic pitstop by Red Bull team, both Alonso and Hamilton who were quite far behind Vettel before his pitstop went ahead of him.

Also, British bias (and ex F1 drivers) against Schumacher was so obvious. The contact he made against Kobayashi was a racing incident. Even though Schumacher was at fault as he was aggressively chasing Kobayashi and couldn't press break well enough, but a 10 second stop go penalty for that? During the same race DiResta crashing into Beumi was an even worse incident, however the accident was not even investigated by the stewards. Hamilton also tangled with Massa in last lap, but no investigation.

In Monaco, Hamilton caused similar accidents twice, but handed only a drive through penalty. That stop go penalty to Schumacher caused around 30 seconds delay in the pits, which ruined Michael's race. Nigel Mansell must be jumping in joy after seeing the opportunity to penalize Schumacher.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up British GP

Many Congratulations For Team Ferrari!!!
    Thumbs up For Alonso!!!
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@genius
    Thats your opinion, sure. In my opinion, NO. Horner would've asked VET to maintain the gap if he was behind WEB in the last lap. VET's points lead is solid and one 3rd podium wouldn't hurt his championship chances that much. And there is no point in jeopardising your race. Finishing 3rd is always better than DNF.

And besides, when will people realise VET is faster!?

@Khurem
    Even David Coulthard and Martin Brundle were amazed that the punishment was bit harsh than expected.
    These old British F1 drivers [now stewards] just can't forget what Schumi has done to them in past.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Red Bull hopeful Webber will stay in 2012, despite team orders row
    Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner hopes that the fresh team orders row with Mark Webber at Silverstone does not hurt the chances of the squad renewing its contract with the Australian.

Webber says British GP team orders were 'unnessesary'
    Mark Webber says the fact that he and his team-mate Sebastian Vettel did not crash in the closing stages of the British Grand Prix as they fought for position showed that team orders were unnecessary between the pair.

Ferrari not getting carried away with expectations
    Ferrari says it will not get carried away with dreaming it is back in World Championship contention, despite Fernando Alonso's British Grand Prix victory.

McLaren will not write 2011 off despite current form
    McLaren has vowed not to throw the towel in on its chances for the remainder of the season, despite a disappointing British Grand Prix weekend.

Rosberg hopes Britain is turning point for Mercedes
    Nico Rosberg believes the British Grand Prix could be the race that turns Mercedes' season around and sees it start to close on the top three teams again.

Williams expects to retain Barrichello and Maldonado for 2012
    Williams thinks it is 'likely' it will keep both Rubens Barrichello and Pastor Maldonado on board for next year.

Trulli brands F1's off-throttle diffuser blowing row as 'ridiculous'
    Jarno Trulli has branded the controversy over off-throttle diffuser blowing at Silverstone as 'ridiculous.'

@aref
    Bro, where I have said that Vettel is not the faster driver and as I said previously that I am a Vettel fan too but one should remember that RedBull was not allowed the 50% cold blowing in this race and there was no unanimous decision about reverting to old Valencia spec regulations before the race so they have to come up with a strategy that will make it possible for Vettel to retain his huge lead for the next few races before the summer break. A retirement would cost him maximum points against any other driver.

I don't know whether you noticed this or not RedBull have suffers big in this race, after the one off regulation change as last year in the same race the difference between them and Ferrari were nearly 8 tenths but this year it is only 1 tenth.

@khurem
    I have not watch the race as I said previously so can't comment why Di Resta was not penalised but Michal's stop go was predefined by FIA for this race. The reason was Silverstone's new pitlane is shorter then the track and if FIA have given a drive through penalty it may very well results in getting some advantage rather then serving the purpose of penalty so they have told every team before the race that if any driver was penalised this it will be a stop/go penalty rather then a drive through. Thatswhy Mercedes have not protested the penalty at all.

One should question the designer of the pitlane rather then FIA's stewards actions this time, as it proves that the designer must have forgotten that during races some incidents could lead to penalties and serving penalties could bring an advantage rather then disadvantage which is not the purpose of penalising.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default British GP

Alonso gives Ferrari first win of the season
    SILVERSTONE (ENGLAND), July 10: Fernando Alonso delivered Ferrari's long-awaited first win of the 2011 season on Sunday when he made the most of unpredictable and challenging wet-dry conditions to triumph at the British Grand Prix.
    The Bug.. that never gets thirsty...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by genius83 View Post
    @aref
    Bro, where I have said that Vettel is not the faster driver and as I said previously that I am a Vettel fan too ...
    That statement wasn't specifically directed towards you but generally to people who put VET's success to every other thing but his talent. People who are sceptical of him. No one says he is fast. Everyone says that other teams are not performing well enough. Being bit bias is natural...but c'mon!! People sometimes completely shut their ears and eyes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No Toro Rosso decision on 2012 drivers until end of season
    Toro Rosso's 2012 driver line-up will not be known until the end of this season, according to team principal Franz Tost.

Renault to evaluate rearward-facing exhausts at German Grand Prix
    Renault has given the green light to plans to evaluate rearward facing exhausts at the German Grand Prix, as part of an upgrade package that team insiders believe will help turnaround its season.

@aref
    That statement wasn't specifically directed towards you but generally to people who put VET's success to every other thing but his talent. People who are sceptical of him. No one says he is fast. Everyone says that other teams are not performing well enough. Being bit bias is natural...but c'mon!! People sometimes completely shut their ears and eyes.
    I agree with you about people not giving the credit where it is due specially in case of Vettel. I have always asked a simple question that which driver in the history have won races with out having any talent. All the drivers have some talent to win the race.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default British GP: Race Action Pics

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1310304836

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1310304884

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1310304899

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1310304918

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1310309947

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1310310118

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1310310152

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1310310181

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1310327801

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1310327765

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1310327854

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1310327622

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1310313660

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1310327428

-Formula 1 - Season 2011 - z1310312010
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Closed Thread

User Tag List